Saturday, June 4, 2011

Aanmai Thavarael..

Director Kulandai Velappan along with producer Kamal Nayan were waiting for the release of their maiden venture Aanmai Thavarael until last friday June the 5th. The movie that was recently censored with a UA certificate won appreciation of the CBFC (Central Board of Film Certification) officials and also from its audience who witnessed the crime.

Kulandai Velappan says, ‘Though it is my maiden venture, I ensured that it should not be a cliched commercial film. I chose to work on a script based on the sensitive issues that affects our society. At a time, when kidnapping of children is hogging the headlines, this movie talks about the same. Though India is the seventh largest country in the world, It is eighth most unsafe place to live. This propelled me to make a script and we were elated when the Censor officials gave us a pat after watching the movie’.

The movie scenes shift from Chennai to Goa and it is not just loaded with a message but also has commercial elements including romance and comedy.

‘A news report of couple of girls who went missing from Andhra Pradesh and rescued from Dubai inspired me to do the story,’ he adds.

‘I thank my producer who gave me the required liberty and encouragement that helped me give my best,’ the director says. A great admirer of Mani Ratnam, he says, ‘I wish to continue doing films that are useful and productive for the society.’

With Dhruvah, Shruti Ramakrishnan, Sampath, Dharan, Panchu Subbu and John Vijay playing pivotal roles, the music for Aanmai Thavarael is by Mariya Manohar and has just three songs and they all form part of the story, adds Kulandai Velappan.



No comments:

Post a Comment