Monday, May 9, 2011

2007 Venturi Eclectic

2007 Venturi Eclectic. was the Venturi Eclectic,
  • was the Venturi Eclectic,



  • QCassidy352
    Apr 2, 07:52 PM
    great ad. Totally unnecessary, since it's impossible to buy one in most places, but great ad nonetheless.





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. Venturi Eclectic $30000
  • Venturi Eclectic $30000



  • GregA
    Dec 28, 02:14 AM
    the option to dock and iPod simply is so out of place that I do not know why it keeps getting brought up. iTV is focused on streaming content from your computer, not your iPod.I've been wondering about this. Assuming the iTV is just a streaming device which shows a movie stored on iTunes on your PC or Mac, it is probably reasonably simple for Apple to make the iTV also stream video from an iPod (including Nano or even Shuffle).

    Of course, why not just plug your iPod directly into the TV? And if there's a movie on your iPod, it came via your iTunes anyway so you can stream from there right...?

    I'm not sure what the answer to that is. I do think there's scope for buying a movie in a store, downloading to iPod, and uploading to your iTunes (assuming that you have a low bandwidth net connection).

    Is there scope for buying a movie in a store, downloading to iPod, and watching on TV? Or buying a movie in a store, downloading to a 1GB ram drive, and watching on your iTV? I think if I was going to the store anyway, I'd probably buy the HD-DVD instead. But for rental it might work.





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. 2007 Venturi Astrolab
  • 2007 Venturi Astrolab



  • Unspeaked
    Sep 6, 02:30 PM
    i know this is off topic but are they ever gonna do anything about the outrageous cost of .Mac subscription?

    No.

    ::sigh::





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. VENTURI ECLECTIC: World#39;s
  • VENTURI ECLECTIC: World#39;s



  • suwandy
    Oct 23, 04:32 PM
    http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

    MacGadget.de (German) (http://www.macgadget.de/) reports that MacBook Pro upgrades could take place as early as this week. Expected updates include Core 2 Duo upgrades as has long been expected as well as larger drives, FW800, and upgraded DVD drives.

    Meanwhile, product checks (http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2163) indicate that several European hardware distributers "ran dry" of MacBook and MacBook Pro inventory several weeks ago.

    Rumors of MacBook Pro upgrades have been ongoing for weeks. The last MacRumors.com reported rumor from MacGadget.de comes from an iBook update prediction (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2004/10/20041015154040.shtml) in 2004. That rumor turned out to be true (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2004/10/20041019083450.shtml).

    and the rumor for this one will turn out to be true as well, and I'll be free from this waiting room. :)





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. 2007 Venturi Astrolab. venturi
  • 2007 Venturi Astrolab. venturi



  • gugy
    Nov 29, 11:09 PM
    Reading through all the expectations in this thread has me thinking that there are going to be some veeeery disappointed people on the day this is announced.

    I'm guessing it'll be something like Airport Express, but for video. With a Front Row interface and a remote. Watch videos from you iTunes library, browse the iTunes store, subscribe to video podcasts, watch streaming movie trailers. Maybe a built-in web browser. If we're lucky, it will be able to browse and play video from YouTube or other video sites. That's all I'm expecting, anyway.

    you are right for version 1.0.
    iTV will evolve into other many things as the time goes by. Just like iTunes 1.0 and look what iTunes is today.
    I agree with you that iTV will be very straight forward when it comes out, but the potential is there.





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. Home Page | Venturi Fetish and
  • Home Page | Venturi Fetish and



  • Multimedia
    Sep 1, 01:11 PM
    Wow, this would be amazing. Screw my plan to buy an ACD if this happens. A MacBook and a 23" iMac would look awesome on my new glass desk. ;)All you need is an external keyboard, mouse and a $700 Dell 24" Display to exceed a 23" iMac Caitlyn. Your MacBook is just as powerful as today's iMacs are. Put a FW 400GB HD on the floor and you're good to go. ;)





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. like the Venturi Eclectic
  • like the Venturi Eclectic



  • macidiot
    Jul 20, 02:00 PM
    Just to give some more figures - Gartner says worldwide PC sales are 55 million compared to 49.5 million this time last year, and 16.6 million in the US compared to 15.6 million last year.

    But I wonder where they got 766,000 from. The sales figures separate out retail from regional sales, but considering that most Apple stores are in the US, the vast majority of the 216,000 retail sales would be in the US, so US sales could be anything between 642,000-858,000. That's 3.9%-5.2% US market share. Looks like they picked a percentage right in the middle, but I would say it's nearer to 5%. Of course, worldwide it's still only 2.4%.

    To put this in perspective, Dell sold 9.73 million PC worldwide and 5.3 million in the US, ie. 7x Apple's shipments.


    According to Gartner, Apple US marketshare last quarter was 4.8%.





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. Venturi Astrolab picture
  • Venturi Astrolab picture



  • gugy
    Nov 29, 05:48 PM
    .

    Hi,
    some ideas:

    A) I think Apple wants to stay out of trouble with content providers. I think they will allow Elgato to add some DVR functionality to front row via their EyeTV software and hardware.

    B) the USB port might be use for that.

    C) good idea

    D) I doubt. Apple like to keep things simple





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. torn al Venturi Eclectic,
  • torn al Venturi Eclectic,



  • xi mezmerize ix
    Mar 1, 09:54 AM
    Here is the College setup, I will eventually upgrade to the Logitech Performance wireless mouse. What is seen in the picture:

    27" iMac
    11.6" Macbook Air
    Blackberry Tour
    PS3 Slim
    Xbox 360 Slim

    Picture taken with iPhone 4

    Through the door seen is my bathroom and right behind me is my bed and closets. Pretty cozy room but I think I have positioned everything to make the best of it.

    EDIT: I just hooked my iMac up to my tv to play movies/shows etc. on but I ran into one problem. I cannot turn my iMac display off and keep my tv on. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know asap!

    Damn you must be rich if you got all of that at your college.





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. Venturi Eclectic
  • Venturi Eclectic



  • Unspeaked
    Sep 6, 11:29 AM
    Whre is FireWire 800?

    At least two FireWire ports, please.

    And a true 7200 rpm fast drive.

    Thanks.

    I believe what you're looking for is called the iMac.





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. Venturi Eclectic
  • Venturi Eclectic



  • Naimfan
    Mar 22, 12:48 PM
    Our Founding Fathers believed in God, proof alone is the pledge of allegiance "under god". Yes our country was founded on christian belief. Hate to say it, but it's true!

    As for the invisible man in the sky I have no clue to what you are referring.

    If you're in the service I can only suggest you avail yourself of the educational opportunities that are available. Many of the Founders were not "Christian," and a belief in God is no proof of a "Christian" belief system.

    The United States was not founded as a "Christian" nation. I'd suggest you review the free exercise and establishment clauses of the First Amendment, as well as the history surrounding the settlement of what we often refer to as the original 13 colonies.





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. 2007 Venturi Astrolab.
  • 2007 Venturi Astrolab.



  • iGav
    Mar 7, 03:05 PM
    It certainly could be significantly higher. Public taste, laziness on the part of manufacturers and other things have all conspired to keep the bar set low on fuel economy.

    I think that's probably accurate, general apathy on all sides really isn't it.

    By way of a postscript, it's worth pointing out that today's safety and environmental regulations make it more difficult to make a car frugal, small and light than it was when Alec Issigonis designed the Mini.

    Indeed, I think you've also inadvertently described the perfect engineering challenge that todays manufacturers really should be embracing, but instead seem so reticent to take up. The most remarkable thing about the original Mini, wasn't its size, it wasn't its cost� it was the whole. And in that respect alone, I cannot think of one car today that is really in anyway comparable whatsoever.

    True, and that's a shame, because brand image often matters than a car's actual merits. If the new Jetta is a turd, people will still buy it because the VW badge has cachet here that GM does not, at least in the realm of small cars.

    It's entirely possible to turn a brand around of course, as VW demonstrated with �koda, it's only 15 years ago that �koda was still the punchline to almost every joke.

    The problem is Chevrolet is in a somewhat unique position in many respects here, it's a known brand, but by name only, usually as the carrier of good ol' boys... to a levy of course, when I think of a Chevy it's either something bright pink, with chrome� lots of chrome, or a pickup truck, not the rebadging of dreadful Daewoo cars. I suspect I'm not alone on that one.

    And therein lies the problem. That and the Spark of course.

    I'm not going to stand up too much for GM, I've never held a high opinion of most of their products, but I have reasonably read good reviews of the Cruze and I hope they bring the diesel here.

    The Cruze is entirely inoffensive, and does the job entirely adequately by all accounts, as it should, after all it does have 4 wheels and an engine. Autocar likened it to the old Mk2 Seat Toledo saloon, and that's probably an apt comparison. Vanilla. Much like the rest of Vauxhall/Opel/Holden/Buick ranges etc actually. And that is a big problem for GM. A very big problem. One that almost sank the ship in the first place in fact. The captain might be different, but there's still no one at the helm.

    the Daewoo -> Chevrolet re-branding in europe has been more or less the best business move GM has made perhaps in the last decade

    Doesn't say much really does it. ;)

    I think you highlight the real issue in the rest of your post. But it doesn't just affect Opel. And that is perhaps GM's biggest problem of all.

    which is in a contrast to the japanese/korean brands which in europe over the last few years streamlined a lot: nearly all brands stopped offering premium sedans or upper market offerings and rather concentrated on SUVs/ crossovers and small offroaders and small minivans, compacts or small hatchbacks

    It's not really streamlining when you have something like 6 suv/off-roaders in your range a'la Nissan is it? ;)

    GM is doing reasonably well in Asia, and they have placed much of their small-car design duties into the capable hands of the Koreans - a wise move in my opinion.

    Not if the Spark is anything to go by. Fortunately as the i10 proves, being Korean isn't the problem. ;)

    I think blame can be put on both sides.

    Yeah, but mainly GM for getting themselves into such a god almighty mess in the first place. ;)

    The Buick Regal is the Opel Insignia( I love the US media. Before the Regal came out in the US, they went over to Europe and drove it and they loved it. Then they drive it on US shores, and all of a sudden they start panning it? ).

    That'll be the marshmallows they use to replace the springs to make it a little softer for the yanks. :D

    it wasn't a bad car.

    It wasn't. You really don't want to think what today's hatches would be like if that car never existed. It really was that good. And its impact really was that great.

    In typical bad Ford fashion

    In typical Ford U.S. fashion you mean, fortunately, the profit making arm of Ford, i.e. the european division, produced the even better Mk2. ;)





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. Venturi Eclectic 1
  • Venturi Eclectic 1



  • SactoGuy18
    Jan 5, 09:58 AM
    I saw the January 5, 2007 multipage flyer ad for Fry's Electronics and noticed that there are no ads for any Apple iPod model. This is VERY strange considering that previous Friday multipage flyer ads prominently include iPod models.

    Makes you wonder is Apple going to do a "mid-cycle" refresh of the 5.5G iPod and 2G iPod nano, along with introducing the new "true" video iPod.





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. 1 Venturi Eclectic: The
  • 1 Venturi Eclectic: The



  • mac17
    Dec 18, 10:45 PM
    guys i think you're being too hard on zune. play with one. it's not THAT bad. it's ugly, but the interface isn't bad at all. I don't plan on buying a zune (my ipod is fine and i'm waiting on a video pod), but it's good to have it in the marketplace for competition sake. maybe apple will actually pay attention to some of the features like the built in radio tuner which is a nobrainer...

    actually it is THAT bad i played with one in a local staples and i pressed the back/menu button like 3 times in a row suddenly the thing crashes on me it kept on blinking on and off 5 or 6 times me and my freind walked away laughing after catching it on video on my phone:D :D





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. 2007 Venturi Astrolab
  • 2007 Venturi Astrolab



  • Doctor Q
    Nov 28, 11:42 AM
    Money talks. A big ad campaign will produce much increased Zune sales.

    And it's also true for Apple. Many people buy iPods because they have seen all of those TV ads and billboards, not because they did extensive comparison shopping.

    Come to think of it, a good number of iPod purchasers are filling demands of their kids, who specifically plead for iPods. And kids are greatly influenced by advertising.





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. venturi-eclectic_2007_800×
  • venturi-eclectic_2007_800×



  • xlii
    May 5, 04:10 PM
    My neighbor has a 68 Camaro that's in great shape. Hard to believe but this was his first car and he bought it new in... 1968. He's had it ever since.





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. sustainable#39;grid
  • sustainable#39;grid



  • macgeek18
    Feb 21, 07:46 PM
    Not concerned with the impending refresh? Or do you plan to return and rebuy post-refresh?

    I bought an 08 MacBook Aluminum. So No i'm not concerned or care about the upcoming refresh.





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. Venturi Eclectic car is eco-
  • Venturi Eclectic car is eco-



  • surroundfan
    Sep 6, 09:56 AM
    Is it just me, or does the $599 mini *not* let you configure it with a DVD burner?

    The Superdrive option in the base model has gone.

    Earth to Apple: a Combo drive in 2002 was state of the art. A Combo drive in 2004 was a reasonably priced alternative to a DVD burner. A Combo drive in 2005 was an acceptable means of marketing differentiation. A Combo drive in 2006 (particularly with no option to buy a DVD burner) is an embarrassment...





    2007 Venturi Eclectic. Venturi Eclectic 1, solar car,
  • Venturi Eclectic 1, solar car,



  • foodle
    Mar 25, 06:32 PM
    Oh man---I got the iPad to get the kids off the TV. Now I'm going to have to get another TV!

    Are you crazy?!? The iPad is like a TV on steroids. My daughter is salivating at the prospect of my iPad 2 arriving, which means she gets the iPad 1.





    bigpics
    Mar 24, 02:27 PM
    My problem ... is that then you've been set up for the next decrease in quality, and the one after that, and the one after that. Eventually you're buying 128,000 bps tracks and making fun of "audiophiles" who can tell the difference, and then one of the true triumphs of 20th Century technology—really good audio reproduction—is lost.

    Video that can't be told from the real thing is never going to happen in my lifetime, but with sound we were there—and then threw it away!

    All of what you said! Especially the part quoted -and the true nut of it that I took the liberty of bolding. The "dumbing down" of our ears continues apace.

    And I forgot to mention things like what (even "HD") radio stations are doing to the signal - e.g., compressing nearly all popular music to a 20 db maximum dynamic range, and in some cases even speeding up the play (while "correcting" for frequency), allowing a better fit with their commercial breaks.





    Killyp
    Aug 7, 05:26 AM
    It says Vista 2.0, not 2...

    Can we please talk about the subject of the thread, not about shagging farmyard animals?





    apb3
    Aug 31, 10:12 AM
    Blue sky on wireless? Think a device which works out presence of others, and can connect safely.

    Imagine being able to *share* (not stream, but share) your tunes with others on a "I'm interested in your... can I share/get that from you).

    This goes beyond fair use and would not be legal. Just because I buy a song or CD, movie whatever does not mean I can give it to all my friends. I'm sure you didn't mean that

    If you want to use up all your authorized machines (what is it? 5 now?) for a few friends to listen to a few songs every once in a while - I guess that would be arguably OK, but I think it would still go beyond fair use rules.

    Being on the tube/commuting for ~ 1 1/2 hours a day or so and seeing >6 ipods through glancing for white buds alone, the possiblities are huge.

    What are net connections used mostly for (in terms of Mb up/down) It's P2P. There wouldn't be any roaming charges, any peak rates. You could do it in a lecture room, whilst you were studying, or having coffee with friends (sharing tunes, rather than listening )

    Think one big interacting social darknet :D Think virality without PC's needed.
    Someone has a cool tune, and it could replicate exponentially!

    For more benefits: Linking up to USB wireless receiver chips - you can wireless move files to/from PC.

    Hands free driving - using changeable function paddles/butons on the steeering wheel. Hell - You could have a HUD of iTunes on a car soon (or at the very least, hook it up to those screens in the back of those orrible 4x4s )

    In terms of illegal possibilities, think discogs. The amount of music you'll bump into increases a lot, so the rarer stuff might be out there. You could strike up a friendship with someone who had say, the entire back catalogue of (insert your fave band/movie/TV series). People could be walking lossless discographies of current artists. A discog of an artist is at most probably under 10Gig, so for a >60Gig player...

    Who needs radio when you can stream? You could get it to actively hunt for a MP3 id tag genre - rock/pop, or highly rated artists. You could have the function to hunt for certain artists/songs...

    That's another reason why I want wireless.

    All this still does not tip the scales in terms of cost/benefit. Wireless will eat up your battery. It will be clumsy and frustrating (I would really hate for the new Streets single to break off midway through because iPod girl gets off at her stop or walks out of range). Also, I would not be thrilled adding drain to my battery by engaging sharing/wireless just so a bunch of strangers can mooch off of me. If my friend wants to listen to a song I have there are many ways he can do so without adding cost to the iPod and my time by having to charge the iPod all the time to make it possible in the first place

    As for wireless sync... why? My god man, if we've come to the point where putting the iPod in its base is too difficult, we're screwed. Maybe there'd be the odd time when you forgot your cable or dock on a trip but that should be a rare enough occurence. If you find you always forget your cables, get an extra. You're also not addressing that you'd need that cable or dock for charging anyway (especially since you're going to be using that wireless feature to kill your battery much more quickly).

    The chance that someone with an iPod (who also happens to be willing to kill their battery for my enjoyment) will be in range long enough for me to enjoy a few x-ray specks or spacemen 3 tracks are, in my opinion, close to nil.

    The car options using wireless make some degree of sense (you'd be able to charge the unit by the cig lighter at least), but this seems better addressed by car/stereo makers. They're already doing it. Theree are also adapters for sale that do this.

    I don't have all I need yet in this area but hooking my iPod up to the charger/FM transmitter I have let's me use the steering wheel controls for everything except the menu/scrolling bits (I know that's a big thing but I've got it set up so the iPod in it's charger/transmitter is right next to my knee and easier to manipulate than a cell phone and no harder than using the controls on the radio that are not available on the steering column). The HUD would be cool, though, and would make me a safer driver... I always wanted a HUD for my car. I think Cadillac actually had a model with an optional HUD for the main instrument panel items a while back. I wonder why more auto makers don't do this... or do they and I am just ignorant?

    All in all, I just don't see enough good in adding wireless (of whatever kind) to the iPod to justify it. Now, a non-iPod (new) product that had wireless with a limited music/photo/video feature set (iPhone?, iBerry?) might be on the horizon. That wouldn't be bad as it would give those you feel the same as you the option to get their much needed "wireless," while letting others enjoy the most elegant, easy to use media player on the market without the bloat.





    budugu
    Sep 6, 11:28 PM
    Is the 160GB BTO HD perpendicular?
    yup!





    moobookpro
    Oct 23, 09:24 PM
    hardly.

    i'm trying to put all of this core 2 duo hype into perspective. there have been rumors about new pro's for the last 2 months. at this rate, no one will ever purchase a new mac notebook.

    prove to me how a core 2 duo chip will make my EVERYDAY computing that more productive compared to a core duo.

    I stand by my point that you will be only shaving seconds of waiting for your stuff to run. a real wank...

    if you are gonna wait - macworld 07 will be the big update.
    aussie_geek

    I'll grant you some slack on a lot of the points you've made, but I simply can't sit here and read your smug comments about people waiting for the C2D without pointing out at least one thing you are missing. Just exactly how do you expect your Core Duo MBP to support 64-bit instructions when Leopard comes out? Oh, that's right. It won't. You're severely misguided if you think that won't make a difference.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment