ghostface147
Mar 24, 01:58 PM
Can it run crysis 2?
Spongebobk
Apr 19, 12:18 PM
desktops are slowly but surely dying out. Notebooks are becoming more and more powerful and even moreso portable so what will an iMac offer that MacBooks won't have? Larger screen?
You can't beat the real estate that the iMac offers!:)
You can't beat the real estate that the iMac offers!:)
thedarkhorse
Apr 12, 10:06 PM
The App Store should really harness the power of torrent technology for files like this.
Steam has been doing fine with PC games 6+GB.
Steam has been doing fine with PC games 6+GB.
~Shard~
Sep 6, 08:48 PM
PS - please stop whinging about your MB & MBP in the iMac thread, I'm sure there's more appropriate venues...
Please stop whinging about iMacs, AIOs, minitowers, etc. in the Mac mini thread. :p :cool:
Please stop whinging about iMacs, AIOs, minitowers, etc. in the Mac mini thread. :p :cool:
PODshady
Nov 15, 09:16 PM
SWEET.... I want one
arn
Sep 1, 11:50 AM
How reliable is MacOSXrumors?
In the past they haven't been particularly notable, but the Leopard reports seemed real, and so this one is given more credence. Obviously, we'll know more on Sept 12th. :)
arn
In the past they haven't been particularly notable, but the Leopard reports seemed real, and so this one is given more credence. Obviously, we'll know more on Sept 12th. :)
arn

chutch15
Sep 20, 07:48 AM
ah, thanks clarifying that. it was kind of hard to tell from some of the pictures. their website said something about "direct access". is it hard to get to the buttons? especially the sleep button?
There is direct access (i.e. no flaps, etc.) to the charging port, headphone jack and speaker (all on the bottom of the device). The buttons are all covered. Love this case.
There is direct access (i.e. no flaps, etc.) to the charging port, headphone jack and speaker (all on the bottom of the device). The buttons are all covered. Love this case.
ozreth
Feb 25, 11:31 PM
http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/tadziodlu/IMG_1442.jpg
What are those headphones?
What are those headphones?
e28
Aug 17, 11:40 AM
I don't really see the demand behind adding wireless functionality into the iPod. I think wireless is the buzz word right now and investment managers and industry analysts don't even know what it means.
Bluetooth headphones, if they sound good, and bluetooth syncing is the only function people might use out of this. However, most people charge as they sync, so they would need to connect the iPod to the computer anyway. Bluetooth headphones would need to be charged too, and that is a nuisance.
The only thing semi-useful out of 802.11 is sending audio to airport express. But I use my laptop for that already, so does this really add any functionality? No one I know will be typing in a 256-bit WPA key into their iPod so they can play their iPod music over their friend's airport express, either. At work, I can view and sample my coworker's library on my computer - even when they leave for lunch. And if I like it, I can buy it on iTunes right there. Again, where is the usefulness of a wireless iPod?
I can see how XM radio might be useful to many, even though it doesn't appeal to me. However, I would think Apple would want an exclusive deal if they were to offer this feature.
Bluetooth headphones, if they sound good, and bluetooth syncing is the only function people might use out of this. However, most people charge as they sync, so they would need to connect the iPod to the computer anyway. Bluetooth headphones would need to be charged too, and that is a nuisance.
The only thing semi-useful out of 802.11 is sending audio to airport express. But I use my laptop for that already, so does this really add any functionality? No one I know will be typing in a 256-bit WPA key into their iPod so they can play their iPod music over their friend's airport express, either. At work, I can view and sample my coworker's library on my computer - even when they leave for lunch. And if I like it, I can buy it on iTunes right there. Again, where is the usefulness of a wireless iPod?
I can see how XM radio might be useful to many, even though it doesn't appeal to me. However, I would think Apple would want an exclusive deal if they were to offer this feature.
kiljoy616
Mar 26, 01:45 AM
Looks better than any racing sim on the Wii.
I was looking at the Wii we have at home and thinking the same thing. Apple has been late to the gaming but I wonder how long before appletv 2 or 3 are also a game system.:rolleyes:
I was looking at the Wii we have at home and thinking the same thing. Apple has been late to the gaming but I wonder how long before appletv 2 or 3 are also a game system.:rolleyes:
ImAlwaysRight
Aug 29, 10:06 AM
... with Yonah they can make them cheaper again.Good observation. Would be nice to see the price point on the Mini come back down to starting at $499.
Why is everyone so hung up on Merom?
Perhaps they were daydreaming during economics class. :rolleyes:
READ MY LIPS: Merom will not appear in the MacBook or Mini during 2006.
Why is everyone so hung up on Merom?
Perhaps they were daydreaming during economics class. :rolleyes:
READ MY LIPS: Merom will not appear in the MacBook or Mini during 2006.
rtdunham
Aug 16, 03:02 PM
Why couldn't they make ipods with mini solar cells in like calculators?
well, the iPod's a mobile product and charging wouldn't work with it in pockets or cases. Of course, we could put it on top of those little beanies the geeks wear. ;)
well, the iPod's a mobile product and charging wouldn't work with it in pockets or cases. Of course, we could put it on top of those little beanies the geeks wear. ;)
Fukui
Mar 29, 12:04 AM
I would like to see Apple come out with a headless desktop, but not have it be a direct replacement for iMac or eMac, an interim of upgradeability between the PMac line (which as for how desktop machines go, this thing is very upgrade freindly on a whole, the PMac G4's especially) and the iMac with virtually none. A machine that has a AGP slot, processor can be removed/upgraded, one HD and one optical drive bay and maybe 1 or 2 PCI-X slots would be a perfect fit upgradeability wise between they're high and low end. I beleive that if they were to do this I would price it similarly to the iMac, basicly a trade-off monitor for upgrades.. put the right spin on it and I think there's a market for a machine like this.
I have to say this, more upgradability would definitely be needed more than lowering prices (a student can get an eMac for 699). If the eMac was easily able to change CPU/GFX Card HD and CD drive, I would even consider buying one. The thing is, apple would have a good chance to make lots of money on after-market upgrades that they are missing.
I have to say this, more upgradability would definitely be needed more than lowering prices (a student can get an eMac for 699). If the eMac was easily able to change CPU/GFX Card HD and CD drive, I would even consider buying one. The thing is, apple would have a good chance to make lots of money on after-market upgrades that they are missing.
TheOnlyJon
Nov 27, 04:28 PM
It's Christmas time :) Here are my last few purchases for various members of my family.
Stocking stuffers for mom, dad, brother, and sister:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4030/51brbclczclsl500aa300.jpg http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4058/51iw2jwhpblsl500aa300.jpg http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/272/51k7tfjwurlsl500aa300.jpg http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4393/51vmyprpshlsl500aa300.jpg
Gift for my mom. She rides her bike 10 miles to and from work a few times a week:
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8065/appleipodnano6thgenerat.jpg
Gift for my brother. He sold all of his games to Gamestop so that he could buy Fifa 10. He really wants Fifa 11 too, but I'm waiting to see if I can find it cheaper:
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9055/blackopso.jpg
Stocking stuffers for mom, dad, brother, and sister:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4030/51brbclczclsl500aa300.jpg http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4058/51iw2jwhpblsl500aa300.jpg http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/272/51k7tfjwurlsl500aa300.jpg http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4393/51vmyprpshlsl500aa300.jpg
Gift for my mom. She rides her bike 10 miles to and from work a few times a week:
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8065/appleipodnano6thgenerat.jpg
Gift for my brother. He sold all of his games to Gamestop so that he could buy Fifa 10. He really wants Fifa 11 too, but I'm waiting to see if I can find it cheaper:
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9055/blackopso.jpg
acslater017
Aug 6, 11:04 PM
you know everyone's going mac nuts when it says "update: photo of cloth covered banners".... :)
emotion
Aug 16, 09:16 AM
The addition of wireless really only makes sense if the iPod is to become a communication device (a protable iChat device, oh and apple make Jabber support better please!).
The addition of itunes to the device (to get tunes directly into the iPod) breaks the model of the iPod being a "pod" for music that you fill and carry around.
The addition of itunes to the device (to get tunes directly into the iPod) breaks the model of the iPod being a "pod" for music that you fill and carry around.
MacBoobsPro
Aug 7, 04:33 AM
Just need to find something to pass the time until 3 am.:rolleyes:
Not too brag or anything :D but it works out great for us in UK. Get in from work 5.30pm / open a beer / macrumors / keynote 6pm / tears of joy / rob bank 9pm / buy mac pro :D
Not too brag or anything :D but it works out great for us in UK. Get in from work 5.30pm / open a beer / macrumors / keynote 6pm / tears of joy / rob bank 9pm / buy mac pro :D
shawnce
Nov 16, 12:06 PM
Personally, I would want all my RAM to be consistant... Agreed.
Personally my Mac Pro has 1 GB DIMMs in A1, A2, B1, and B2, and 512 MB DIMMs in A3, A4, B3, B4 (since the model I picked up from Apple had the four 512 MB DIMMs in it)... yields a total of 6 GB of RAM.
This result in each channel connecting to a matching DIMM mix in a matching progression... ideally allowing the memory controller to have an easier time of muxing access to the RAM (in terms of a more optimal interleaving configuration).
Of course if 512 modules only can feed the AMB at half bandwidth relative to 1 GB (or greater modules) then removing them from the system could improve overall throughput (assuming they get hit) ... however latency difference may mitigate that ... hard to answer without real-world profiling with the tasks you most often do.
...off to find docs on Intel memory controller for information on how it handles things...
Personally my Mac Pro has 1 GB DIMMs in A1, A2, B1, and B2, and 512 MB DIMMs in A3, A4, B3, B4 (since the model I picked up from Apple had the four 512 MB DIMMs in it)... yields a total of 6 GB of RAM.
This result in each channel connecting to a matching DIMM mix in a matching progression... ideally allowing the memory controller to have an easier time of muxing access to the RAM (in terms of a more optimal interleaving configuration).
Of course if 512 modules only can feed the AMB at half bandwidth relative to 1 GB (or greater modules) then removing them from the system could improve overall throughput (assuming they get hit) ... however latency difference may mitigate that ... hard to answer without real-world profiling with the tasks you most often do.
...off to find docs on Intel memory controller for information on how it handles things...
Kedrik
Jan 12, 11:14 AM
I figured out the secret air message!
What falls out of the air? ... Apple (s)
Who do they fall on? ... Newton!
It's the new Newton :apple:
I'd bet nothing on it!
What falls out of the air? ... Apple (s)
Who do they fall on? ... Newton!
It's the new Newton :apple:
I'd bet nothing on it!
r1ch4rd
Apr 9, 04:58 PM
Maybe they are rare where you live. In the UK and the rest of Europe they are more common that automatics.
Yep - I'm not sure that I have ever even been in an automatic!
Yep - I'm not sure that I have ever even been in an automatic!
Cygnus311
Sep 7, 10:17 AM
Low priced rentals only for me please. Not paying the same price for a movie as I can get the DVD for in stores, not to mention it needs to be playable on people's big HDTV's (which I'm sure they're aware of).
broncopde
Jun 24, 02:01 AM
I just don't see people wanting to have their arms up like that to use a desktop computer. It works so well on the iPad cause you can use it where your hands are already sitting (in your lap). But this...doesn't strike as being very practical at all.
Manic Mouse
Aug 19, 07:24 AM
Except at a lot of Starbucks that internet functionality comes at a cost, which is my point.
May be bliss, but not until we have a sound infrastructure. And I have been on some really shoddy networks, which ends up becoming far more frustrating than worthwhile, to the point where I just slam my PDA into my pocket and curse inaudibly.
I'm already surfing the net in my home on my PSP when I can't be bothered booting up my PC, as are many others. I would much rather be able to read/write emails while on a sofa watching TV (like text messaging) rather than hunched over a computer. It's not just the internet access either: Being able to use a decent version of iCal etc would make the iPod your personal assistant and something you couldn't do without.
Media players have been done to death. Companies are already looking into creating this kind of device (and have with MYLO).
May be bliss, but not until we have a sound infrastructure. And I have been on some really shoddy networks, which ends up becoming far more frustrating than worthwhile, to the point where I just slam my PDA into my pocket and curse inaudibly.
I'm already surfing the net in my home on my PSP when I can't be bothered booting up my PC, as are many others. I would much rather be able to read/write emails while on a sofa watching TV (like text messaging) rather than hunched over a computer. It's not just the internet access either: Being able to use a decent version of iCal etc would make the iPod your personal assistant and something you couldn't do without.
Media players have been done to death. Companies are already looking into creating this kind of device (and have with MYLO).
Galaxas0
Apr 2, 11:35 PM
Actually, I'm talking about JUST the content within the window, and only Safari Fullscreen Mode can do it. I'll post a pic...
No comments:
Post a Comment