phatboy
Jan 15, 08:36 PM
hahaha. that is quality! the comedy value is immense :P
Evangelion
Aug 8, 04:03 AM
The Cinema Displays aren't for general consumers like most of you posting in this thread. They're for professionals who need even backlighting, excellent color accuracy, and a large viewing angle. That's why Apple charges a premium for them. If you don't care about these things get a Dell.
What makes you think that you can't get those features in a Dell? Do you have any facts?
What makes you think that you can't get those features in a Dell? Do you have any facts?
Sedulous
Apr 23, 09:59 PM
Wow, this thread is crazy OT.
Windows 8. Hopefully it has an even bigger system tray for all those little crapware programs that run in windows.
Windows 8. Hopefully it has an even bigger system tray for all those little crapware programs that run in windows.
swingsong
Jan 10, 03:52 PM
Movie and TV show rentals coming to iTunes. Karoke added to iTunes and fun for Apple TV.
I think a new Mac Book Pro design is long overdue. Apple remote stores in laptop, perhaps in expansion card slot. May move away from aluminum to something lighter like magnesium, carbon fiber or cubic zirconium, or may just anodize the aluminum case black. May see new screen ratios and HD resolutions across MBP line. Track pad will be bigger and multi-touch gestures will be expanded.
Cinema displays will be thinner, specs improved and all will be HD resolution. Aspect ratios may change. iSight cameras across the line are possible.
Mighty mouse made of metal to compliment new keyboards, and support for pinch - push.
Movie and TV show rentals require more space.
Bump iTouch and iPhone to 16gb and 32gb to allow more room for content. Possible 50 dollar price cut on 16gb iPhone and 16gb iTouch. No other changes to iPhone / iTouch for now. Possible partner for iPhone in Mexico announced.
iPhone/iTouch SDK introduced, premier partners ready with first applications. Demo of new apps. iPhone software update has bonus features not leaked to public.
iPod nano, classic, iTouch and iPhone will control Apple TV. Fair Play Video recording enabled on Apple TV. Games enabled on Apple TV with third party remotes.
iPod classic now supports Time Machine and Home on an iPod is a reality.
One more thing...
iTablet. Kicks Wacom Cintique out of the game. Supports stylus and finger gestures. Pressure sensitive. 8-12" in size. Runs iWork and Adobe Creative Suite support coming soon. Thinest Mac ever. No optical drive, but not sure about a hard drive.
I think a new Mac Book Pro design is long overdue. Apple remote stores in laptop, perhaps in expansion card slot. May move away from aluminum to something lighter like magnesium, carbon fiber or cubic zirconium, or may just anodize the aluminum case black. May see new screen ratios and HD resolutions across MBP line. Track pad will be bigger and multi-touch gestures will be expanded.
Cinema displays will be thinner, specs improved and all will be HD resolution. Aspect ratios may change. iSight cameras across the line are possible.
Mighty mouse made of metal to compliment new keyboards, and support for pinch - push.
Movie and TV show rentals require more space.
Bump iTouch and iPhone to 16gb and 32gb to allow more room for content. Possible 50 dollar price cut on 16gb iPhone and 16gb iTouch. No other changes to iPhone / iTouch for now. Possible partner for iPhone in Mexico announced.
iPhone/iTouch SDK introduced, premier partners ready with first applications. Demo of new apps. iPhone software update has bonus features not leaked to public.
iPod nano, classic, iTouch and iPhone will control Apple TV. Fair Play Video recording enabled on Apple TV. Games enabled on Apple TV with third party remotes.
iPod classic now supports Time Machine and Home on an iPod is a reality.
One more thing...
iTablet. Kicks Wacom Cintique out of the game. Supports stylus and finger gestures. Pressure sensitive. 8-12" in size. Runs iWork and Adobe Creative Suite support coming soon. Thinest Mac ever. No optical drive, but not sure about a hard drive.

Anthony T
Apr 15, 10:44 PM
As much as I hope they are fake, they look like real photos.
rtdgoldfish
Mar 26, 02:21 PM
So I have not seen my 360 on my network since Friday :(
That leads me to believe they either noticed the wireless adapter was connecting to a network and unplugged it or they got rid of the system. The investigator came back out today and said they need more evidence before they can get a warrant and he doesn't want to knock on the doors of the two houses I think it could be in case they do still have it and decide to ditch it when the cops are on to them.
So basically, I don't have much hope any more of getting my system back. I am thinking of calling the cops and having them just knock on the door and see what happens. Maybe the people are stupid and have the system sitting in plain view and the cops will notice it when they try to question the neighbors.
I'm going to check out my local EBGames again and see if they have anyone that traded in any of my games or even the system.
That leads me to believe they either noticed the wireless adapter was connecting to a network and unplugged it or they got rid of the system. The investigator came back out today and said they need more evidence before they can get a warrant and he doesn't want to knock on the doors of the two houses I think it could be in case they do still have it and decide to ditch it when the cops are on to them.
So basically, I don't have much hope any more of getting my system back. I am thinking of calling the cops and having them just knock on the door and see what happens. Maybe the people are stupid and have the system sitting in plain view and the cops will notice it when they try to question the neighbors.
I'm going to check out my local EBGames again and see if they have anyone that traded in any of my games or even the system.
maclaptop
May 3, 02:26 PM
I don't really get this... You already pay fees for the data - why do they care for how you use it?
Here's my take on it.
One of the carriers source of income is data charges. Within that category of data sales is:
1) Data used via smartphone for web access.
2) Data used via tethering your phone & laptop.
3) Data used via a laptop air card bought from the carrier.
When you use method 2 illegally, the carrier loses out on that data sale. It's been like this for years, yet not been a problem as large as it is now.
Here's my take on it.
One of the carriers source of income is data charges. Within that category of data sales is:
1) Data used via smartphone for web access.
2) Data used via tethering your phone & laptop.
3) Data used via a laptop air card bought from the carrier.
When you use method 2 illegally, the carrier loses out on that data sale. It's been like this for years, yet not been a problem as large as it is now.
DakotaGuy
Jan 15, 05:59 PM
The Apple TV received a nice update and I am excited to see how movie rental will work out for them. It is also nice to see they are offering HD movies. I am not going to debate 720p versus 1080p because enough people are debating that, but considering bandwidth limitations it is nice to see HD being offered and 720p looks pretty darn good.
I suppose the Time Capsule will be good for some people. It is not something I need, but it is a good idea for those who need it. I think the Airport Express is long overdue for an update, but I guess it still does what it is suppose to do.
The rest was not very exciting. I am going to disagree with a few people on these message boards, but I don't think the MacBook Air is going to be a good seller. I think once people get past the, "wow it's thin" factor they will continue to purchase MacBooks which are a much better value.
I suppose the Time Capsule will be good for some people. It is not something I need, but it is a good idea for those who need it. I think the Airport Express is long overdue for an update, but I guess it still does what it is suppose to do.
The rest was not very exciting. I am going to disagree with a few people on these message boards, but I don't think the MacBook Air is going to be a good seller. I think once people get past the, "wow it's thin" factor they will continue to purchase MacBooks which are a much better value.
TeppefallGuy
Aug 2, 11:58 AM
1 - Apple will change EULA.
2 - Apple will not allow iTunes music on other players.
3 - Norwegian government person "iTunes music should work on my cellphone".
4 - There is going to be a meeting later this week.
Apple is referred to as "the computer giant Apple". The same label is used when talking about Microsoft/HP/IBM/etc.
-TeppefallGuy Newsroom-
2 - Apple will not allow iTunes music on other players.
3 - Norwegian government person "iTunes music should work on my cellphone".
4 - There is going to be a meeting later this week.
Apple is referred to as "the computer giant Apple". The same label is used when talking about Microsoft/HP/IBM/etc.
-TeppefallGuy Newsroom-
Play Ultimate
Oct 3, 01:46 PM
This is a little disappointing that Steve is confirming to keynote MWSF 2007 when it's just October, which means he probably wants us to wait (I hope not). :(
Besides, hasn't Steve keynoted MWSF every year?
MWSF needs confirmation for thier marketing materials.
I still believe that there will be some type of announcement, on something, before Thanksgiving.
Besides, hasn't Steve keynoted MWSF every year?
MWSF needs confirmation for thier marketing materials.
I still believe that there will be some type of announcement, on something, before Thanksgiving.
pivo6
Apr 22, 10:35 AM
All seems rather silly to me.
Over the years, there must have been 85 threads on some type of reputation/like/thanks system and it's always been shot down (thankfully). What changed?
I realize that this is just a test run of this "feature", but I too wonder what has changed in order to come up with a reputation system.
Over the years, there must have been 85 threads on some type of reputation/like/thanks system and it's always been shot down (thankfully). What changed?
I realize that this is just a test run of this "feature", but I too wonder what has changed in order to come up with a reputation system.
Mac Marc
Apr 25, 12:08 PM
I seriously doubt Apple is going to change the screen size so slightly because it may require a lot of software re-writes (unless the apps are truly resolution independent).
Perhaps, the screen only appears bigger because the borders will relatively shrink in the next generation????
Perhaps, the screen only appears bigger because the borders will relatively shrink in the next generation????
Dr.Gargoyle
Aug 2, 06:53 AM
Loosing Denmark, or Norway or both, doesn't matter one bit. It is a courtesy that Apple even allowed these small and meaningless countries to join in on the fun.
Since you claim you work in Denmark, you should know Denmark, as well as Sweden, is a part of European Union (EU). If you had done your homework, you should also know that EU implies that all non-nation specific laws should be idential for all countries in EU (very much the same as in US). That is, if the French and the scandinavians find that Apples DRM violates consumer rights, it has a very good chance to become accepted all over EU. Furthermore, since EU has about 460 million people whereas US only have 296 milion people, it should according to your argumentation about minor markets imply that Apple rather should dump the US market than the european market. :rolleyes:
You should know by now that a company sole purpose is to make money for the shareholders, and nothing else. I very much doubt that board of Apple or its partners even would consider dumping a close to half a billion potential customers.
Since you claim you work in Denmark, you should know Denmark, as well as Sweden, is a part of European Union (EU). If you had done your homework, you should also know that EU implies that all non-nation specific laws should be idential for all countries in EU (very much the same as in US). That is, if the French and the scandinavians find that Apples DRM violates consumer rights, it has a very good chance to become accepted all over EU. Furthermore, since EU has about 460 million people whereas US only have 296 milion people, it should according to your argumentation about minor markets imply that Apple rather should dump the US market than the european market. :rolleyes:
You should know by now that a company sole purpose is to make money for the shareholders, and nothing else. I very much doubt that board of Apple or its partners even would consider dumping a close to half a billion potential customers.
citizenzen
Apr 15, 03:13 PM
From the article ...
After passage in the Democratic-controlled Assembly and singing by Gov. Jerry Brown, both of which seem likely, California would become the first state to make curricula include notable gay Americans along with the contributions of women and various ethnic groups.
Shaun Travers, a San Diego activist, told San Diego 6: "It's very important that we represent all of California and that includes the LGBT community. Our people and our history."
But opponents said the move would add non-essential material to already-short instruction time.
Hmmm ... they don't seem to share that same concern when it comes to teaching Creationism in science class. :rolleyes:
After passage in the Democratic-controlled Assembly and singing by Gov. Jerry Brown, both of which seem likely, California would become the first state to make curricula include notable gay Americans along with the contributions of women and various ethnic groups.
Shaun Travers, a San Diego activist, told San Diego 6: "It's very important that we represent all of California and that includes the LGBT community. Our people and our history."
But opponents said the move would add non-essential material to already-short instruction time.
Hmmm ... they don't seem to share that same concern when it comes to teaching Creationism in science class. :rolleyes:

erratikmind
Mar 17, 08:27 AM
Enjoy your new iPad. Based on your comments, you conscience is clear and unencumbered. Personally, I do not agree nor practice your way of thinking/living. However, to each his/her own methods.
Any means to justify a self serving end . . . Quite sad actually.
When the messenger of Misery comes knocking at your door, it will be of your own doing.
Any means to justify a self serving end . . . Quite sad actually.
When the messenger of Misery comes knocking at your door, it will be of your own doing.
citizenzen
May 4, 06:38 PM
I don't see how people condone people asking intrusive questions.
I think you mean, I don't see how people condone doctors asking intrusive questions.
Where do they get off anyway?
Asking me questions about my body and lifestyle choices.
Just give me the pills and ESS-TEE-EFF-YOU! ;)
I think you mean, I don't see how people condone doctors asking intrusive questions.
Where do they get off anyway?
Asking me questions about my body and lifestyle choices.
Just give me the pills and ESS-TEE-EFF-YOU! ;)
NAG
Jan 12, 05:32 PM
I still don't get the blogger pulls a prank equating to all bloggers everywhere being punished by conference organizers. Seriously, it sounds all Zod evil where they threaten to kill some random guy if Superman doesn't bow down to them.
Philberttheduck
Oct 10, 05:19 PM
Those that bought the 5.5G is going to be similar to the 4G situation when they released the Photo. One'll be the higher end ones (60/120 set), while the other'll be "music-oriented." That, with the lowered prices and Zune release, you got a concoction Steve Jobs sees as "all in the money."
Hell, we remember last year's new nano release followed up in just months by the iPod with Video.
Hell, we remember last year's new nano release followed up in just months by the iPod with Video.
thejadedmonkey
Jan 10, 06:59 PM
who would have complained if it was microsofts demo pcs that got hacked because of some security vounerability?
The same people who are complaining now, if it was by a known hacker who supposedly worked for the good of everything.
The same people who are complaining now, if it was by a known hacker who supposedly worked for the good of everything.
TequilaBoobs
Nov 23, 05:23 PM
I hate to be a grumble guts but why is this on page 1??
It's not a rumour and it only applies to Apple in the U.S... and maybe Canada...
Maybe I'm just pissed off I'm in the UK. No thanksgiving!! :p
dont be pissed off, many years ago you had the pleasure of persecuting the pilgrams for their religion, for which they left the uk to establish black friday in america. now i guess u wish you werent so intolerant, cuz now we get the discounts!
It's not a rumour and it only applies to Apple in the U.S... and maybe Canada...
Maybe I'm just pissed off I'm in the UK. No thanksgiving!! :p
dont be pissed off, many years ago you had the pleasure of persecuting the pilgrams for their religion, for which they left the uk to establish black friday in america. now i guess u wish you werent so intolerant, cuz now we get the discounts!
mantan
Apr 15, 09:39 PM
If competition results in innovation, why has the Windows PC not evolved into something better. Lord knows that arena is packed with competition.
The downward pressure on prices actually inhibits innovation. R & D is the first thing to go when the pressure gets high. The focus becomes, "How can we make this cheaper?" Let that go on for a couple decades and you get such poorly made PCs that they are disposable.
The market doesn't need the PC to evolve anymore. From a hardware perspective, most people could use hardware made 5 years ago to do the simple applications they use.
On the other hand, PC software has evolved where there has been a need and competition drives it.
Building things cheaper at the sake of cutting costs and innovation doesn't work. The american automobile industry is a living proof of that.
The downward pressure on prices actually inhibits innovation. R & D is the first thing to go when the pressure gets high. The focus becomes, "How can we make this cheaper?" Let that go on for a couple decades and you get such poorly made PCs that they are disposable.
The market doesn't need the PC to evolve anymore. From a hardware perspective, most people could use hardware made 5 years ago to do the simple applications they use.
On the other hand, PC software has evolved where there has been a need and competition drives it.
Building things cheaper at the sake of cutting costs and innovation doesn't work. The american automobile industry is a living proof of that.
Stella
Mar 28, 03:31 PM
Apple does not offer all of its own apps in the app store. Is Final Cut Studio in the app store?
I'm betting the net Final Cut will be though!
The 2011 Apple Design awards have become pretty meaningless.. last year OSX apps weren't, IRC, eligible, only iOS.
I'm betting the net Final Cut will be though!
The 2011 Apple Design awards have become pretty meaningless.. last year OSX apps weren't, IRC, eligible, only iOS.
ChrisBrightwell
Sep 28, 02:00 PM
Is the update available now?Don't think so, but I'm not near a Mac w/ 'net access.
Clive At Five
Jan 5, 03:00 PM
What an awesome idea. Show up to your local Apple Store to watch the keynote and buy the product(s) that are available that day as soon as Steve says, "See you again soon."
Doesn't anyone remember that this used to be the case? Right in the beginning, there was a live video feed to all the Apple stores... I went to two of them, both at the Mall of America store (and both times sat next to some very quirky Mac users... y'know... the regular type). Then one year, I went and it wasn't on. I was pissed. Then I learned Apple wasn't doing that because it was too expensive or something.
Seeing the floor traffic of those places, I don't see how it couldn't be lucrative to get passers-by excited about fresh products...
Whatever, I guess.
-Clive
Doesn't anyone remember that this used to be the case? Right in the beginning, there was a live video feed to all the Apple stores... I went to two of them, both at the Mall of America store (and both times sat next to some very quirky Mac users... y'know... the regular type). Then one year, I went and it wasn't on. I was pissed. Then I learned Apple wasn't doing that because it was too expensive or something.
Seeing the floor traffic of those places, I don't see how it couldn't be lucrative to get passers-by excited about fresh products...
Whatever, I guess.
-Clive
No comments:
Post a Comment