bmw3wags
Oct 1, 07:26 AM
Its been almost a month now how come their aren't more cases now now?
MattDell
Sep 6, 08:34 PM
I do backup all of my ipod videos on DVD.
That brings up something that has really bugged me for a while. I think it is absurd that if you delete something you bought from Apple, you have to pay to get it back! If I buy a song, I should be buying a license to that song... not just one 'instance' of that particular song.
Apple keeps track of all the songs you buy anyway, so it's my opinion that you should be able to just "get another copy" if you have already purchased a song.
I think this would be especially great for movies. That way you won't have to eat up precious hard drive space. You could purchase your movie, download it, watch it, delete it, and then re-download the movie if you want to view it again.
-Matt
That brings up something that has really bugged me for a while. I think it is absurd that if you delete something you bought from Apple, you have to pay to get it back! If I buy a song, I should be buying a license to that song... not just one 'instance' of that particular song.
Apple keeps track of all the songs you buy anyway, so it's my opinion that you should be able to just "get another copy" if you have already purchased a song.
I think this would be especially great for movies. That way you won't have to eat up precious hard drive space. You could purchase your movie, download it, watch it, delete it, and then re-download the movie if you want to view it again.
-Matt
kelving525
Sep 14, 08:58 PM
@kelving525 - Which BB did you get the Belkin from? I'm about to cave and get the light blue one. Also, it really looks like a dark blue in your pics, is it really purple?
NYC-- there are 6 of them I went to and each sells different cases. Some more than others. Yes, it is dark purple. ;)
NYC-- there are 6 of them I went to and each sells different cases. Some more than others. Yes, it is dark purple. ;)
iJohnHenry
Mar 19, 06:33 PM
I was under the impression he was referring to the 'Lybia' in the thread title.
Perhaps, but being Canadian, we are always willing to accept blame for our alleged transgressions. :o
Perhaps, but being Canadian, we are always willing to accept blame for our alleged transgressions. :o
zap2
Apr 19, 11:09 AM
Apple should do a nice desktop refresh...at least for the consumer/prosumer grade machine, I don't follow the CPU that a Mac Pro upgrade would depend on(although I'd imagine if the lower powered chips are out, higher powered chips would also be out, but one can never be 100% sure)
But iMac and Mac mini bumps would be quite do able!
But iMac and Mac mini bumps would be quite do able!
Evangelion
Aug 25, 05:49 AM
At least another USB port would be nice. Two was pathetic, three's OK, but
four is more realistic number nowadays!
Um, the Mini does have four USB-ports, and a FireWire-port.
four is more realistic number nowadays!
Um, the Mini does have four USB-ports, and a FireWire-port.
J the Ninja
Apr 12, 09:27 PM
""Magnetic Timeline": audio moves vertically out of the way instead of causing a trim collision"
YEAH!
YEAH!
milo
Jul 20, 04:47 PM
That's funny that is not what they told us when I worked for Aldus, although there was one time that we could not trade.
I think the blackout period is only for execs and VPs, most of the time.
Although that could be because we were in San Diego and not Seatle, companies with lots of remote offices would probably be the same.
Probably depends on the company. It's still very dicey to make transactions right before an announcement, since accusations could easily be made of insider trading. I suppose at McDonalds they don't enforce a blackout period for the guys flipping burgers...
I think the blackout period is only for execs and VPs, most of the time.
Although that could be because we were in San Diego and not Seatle, companies with lots of remote offices would probably be the same.
Probably depends on the company. It's still very dicey to make transactions right before an announcement, since accusations could easily be made of insider trading. I suppose at McDonalds they don't enforce a blackout period for the guys flipping burgers...
MacsAttack
Nov 16, 03:40 PM
I'm thinking about my future 8 core Macpro:
2 questions for you:
- Do you think the 8 core proc will produce a lot more heat than the current core duo 2 ? I'm asking because I need a very quiet computer ...
-As always: shall we expect this one in the Macpro before 2007 ?
thx !
1. Yes. Lots more heat. Also the PSU may not be sufficient to drive the CPUs, memory, video card. two optical drives, four hard disks, all the gizmos on the main board etc... Effectivly Intel fixed the problem with their CPUs being power hungry heat monsters with the Core 2 Duo - and then they made exactly the same mistake by creating a power hungry heat monster with their Core 2 Quads... All just to beat AMD to the "Quad Core"
2. My guess (just a guess mind) is Feb-March next year.
2 questions for you:
- Do you think the 8 core proc will produce a lot more heat than the current core duo 2 ? I'm asking because I need a very quiet computer ...
-As always: shall we expect this one in the Macpro before 2007 ?
thx !
1. Yes. Lots more heat. Also the PSU may not be sufficient to drive the CPUs, memory, video card. two optical drives, four hard disks, all the gizmos on the main board etc... Effectivly Intel fixed the problem with their CPUs being power hungry heat monsters with the Core 2 Duo - and then they made exactly the same mistake by creating a power hungry heat monster with their Core 2 Quads... All just to beat AMD to the "Quad Core"
2. My guess (just a guess mind) is Feb-March next year.
skottichan
Mar 31, 11:12 PM
It seems that once the address bar starts glitching, spaces starts acting up too.1. The volume icon in the upper right finally displays the proper volume again.
2. The Wifi icon was stuck on displaying the time since last reboot if you were connected to a router of Apple manufacture.
3. Safari doesn't seem as RAM-heavy but the split processes (Safari vs. Safari Web Content) allows the latter to be killed if it consumes too much RAM to reset that to zero.
2. The Wifi icon was stuck on displaying the time since last reboot if you were connected to a router of Apple manufacture.
3. Safari doesn't seem as RAM-heavy but the split processes (Safari vs. Safari Web Content) allows the latter to be killed if it consumes too much RAM to reset that to zero.
ezekielrage_99
Oct 23, 09:58 AM
So Macbooks next tuesday :confused:
twoodcc
Apr 30, 06:07 AM
congrats to lyzardking for 7 million points!
i see your output is up! care to share what machines you got folding?
i see your output is up! care to share what machines you got folding?
0815
May 2, 04:59 PM
MAS? The Muslim American Society? The Municipal Art Society of NY? Malaysia Airlines? Monetary Authority of Singapore?
Confused :confused::confused::confused:
Try MacAppStore (you know, the generic name with Mac in front of it)
Confused :confused::confused::confused:
Try MacAppStore (you know, the generic name with Mac in front of it)
maclaptop
Apr 10, 01:59 PM
Although in sports cars, sequential gearboxes are best.
When I move to the US though, I will probably be driving an Automatic, it will be simply something to get me from A to B. Rather than over here when I drive around lovely B (country) roads to get to places and a manual gearboxes are just more fun on twisty roads.
Yes in terms of quick shifting a sequential gearbox is it.

1995 Land Rover Discovery OFF

1995 Land Rover Discovery 4 Dr

Land Rover Discovery

1995 Land Rover Discovery

Land Rover Discovery II
When I move to the US though, I will probably be driving an Automatic, it will be simply something to get me from A to B. Rather than over here when I drive around lovely B (country) roads to get to places and a manual gearboxes are just more fun on twisty roads.
Yes in terms of quick shifting a sequential gearbox is it.
Fuchal
Jul 13, 11:14 PM
HD-DVD all the way.
AFPoster
Mar 22, 12:43 PM
Which anti-war groups picket veteran's funerals? The only group that I'm aware of is the Westboro Christian anti-gay Church.
I don't think it's a group like that church is, but mere people gathering to picket anything military. In Santa Barbara, CA they go up and down the streets with signs saying "oppose the military", "attack a veteran", "praise there death since it's what they deserved", etc.
I don't think it's a group like that church is, but mere people gathering to picket anything military. In Santa Barbara, CA they go up and down the streets with signs saying "oppose the military", "attack a veteran", "praise there death since it's what they deserved", etc.
BlizzardBomb
Aug 29, 09:01 AM
But this IS Apple were talking about lol. Anyway the article doesnt mention which 1.66/1.83 chips they will use.
It says Core Duo. If we were talking about Merom, it would be Core 2 Duo.
It says Core Duo. If we were talking about Merom, it would be Core 2 Duo.
NameUndecided
Apr 2, 04:56 PM
That block of graphite at the top should contain your Address bar, Back/Forward and search bar. DP2 autohides the tab bar and the favorites bar until you bring your mouse to the top of the screen. There's a screenshot of it earlier in the thread.
Yeah, I'm aware that it should contain those thing. ;) It's just that mine is blank, and the option to "hide toolbar" doesn't make it go away either. (Hiding the toolbar does continue to work in non-fullscreen mode though.)
I do notice though that when I should have a tabs bar, that blank graphite bar does expand when I move the mouse to the top of the screen as you say. It's still all blank though. Clicking around on the blank toolbar also doesn't behave as if I'm clicking on buttons that just happen to be invisible. I also can't drag buttons onto the blank bar from the Customize Toolbar options and have them show up there.
Oh well. I thought it was funny and it didn't/doesn't seem like anyone else has had it happen or mentioned it. Other applications in fullscreen mode seem to work just fine.
Yeah, I'm aware that it should contain those thing. ;) It's just that mine is blank, and the option to "hide toolbar" doesn't make it go away either. (Hiding the toolbar does continue to work in non-fullscreen mode though.)
I do notice though that when I should have a tabs bar, that blank graphite bar does expand when I move the mouse to the top of the screen as you say. It's still all blank though. Clicking around on the blank toolbar also doesn't behave as if I'm clicking on buttons that just happen to be invisible. I also can't drag buttons onto the blank bar from the Customize Toolbar options and have them show up there.
Oh well. I thought it was funny and it didn't/doesn't seem like anyone else has had it happen or mentioned it. Other applications in fullscreen mode seem to work just fine.
zwilliams07
Jul 14, 10:23 AM
Faster processors, I'll take those of course. Blu-Ray? Hell no, I don't want that turd. Pretty much every format Sony has ever come up with is dead, just look at the UMD now, its a joke.
I'll pass on that MPAA sponsored DRM ladden expensive dog turd.
I'll pass on that MPAA sponsored DRM ladden expensive dog turd.
rdlink
May 3, 04:50 AM
Great, but why use "Click and hold" when you can right click? Why implement the limitations of a small touch screen into a full computer that has the ability to do more? I hate things that require a delay. Click and hold sucks.
+1
I hope they leave both options available. I have no problem with adding this functionality to OS X for those who want the IOS experience on their desktop. But please leave the "old" way for those of us who prefer it.
+1
I hope they leave both options available. I have no problem with adding this functionality to OS X for those who want the IOS experience on their desktop. But please leave the "old" way for those of us who prefer it.
Raska
Apr 1, 09:41 AM
Two *major* bugs:
1) TextEdit crashes on launch (tried trashing the prefs file - nothing)
2) cmd+left/right no longer goes to the start/end of the line :O wtf!
Anyone else experiencing these?
I haven't experienced either of those issues in either dev preview.
1) TextEdit crashes on launch (tried trashing the prefs file - nothing)
2) cmd+left/right no longer goes to the start/end of the line :O wtf!
Anyone else experiencing these?
I haven't experienced either of those issues in either dev preview.
eenu
Aug 16, 10:22 AM
I've a feeling this might also upset the music companies as I'm sure the one-way sync was one feel-good/selling point for anti-piracy concerns.
Though what is stopping Apple limiting it so that iTMS purchases cannot be exchanged wirelessly between pods but your own non iTMS can?
Ok thats not ideal for the music industry in terms of 'anti-piracy' but i'm sure if Apple could alleviate their fears that no iTMS music can be transfered then there is a good feature there for something like BT on your IPOD.....
Or maybe they will do the rendevous of the IPOD world and you can listen to peoples music in the vicinity to you but cant keep it and hence this would drive up music sales for the record companies.
Though what is stopping Apple limiting it so that iTMS purchases cannot be exchanged wirelessly between pods but your own non iTMS can?
Ok thats not ideal for the music industry in terms of 'anti-piracy' but i'm sure if Apple could alleviate their fears that no iTMS music can be transfered then there is a good feature there for something like BT on your IPOD.....
Or maybe they will do the rendevous of the IPOD world and you can listen to peoples music in the vicinity to you but cant keep it and hence this would drive up music sales for the record companies.
3N16MA
Nov 23, 09:33 PM
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=261567&stc=1&d=1290568599
X-rays and casting. It counts as a purchase.
Hope you got a deal. :D
X-rays and casting. It counts as a purchase.
Hope you got a deal. :D
Daveway
Jan 1, 07:04 PM
Where did you find that image? Are there others?
Its on the Apple.com front page
Its on the Apple.com front page
No comments:
Post a Comment