hob
Apr 15, 04:49 PM
why do music companies make it so difficult to distribute their music? weird.
iJohnHenry
Apr 27, 05:28 PM
Only if they are walking around naked. There are still going to be stalls right?
Right.
Eyes were made for looking, so men look. Sorry.
But I bet if an unwelcome advance were made in a unisex washroom, any male with balls would come forward, and make life more complicated for the insurgent.
I know I would.
Right.
Eyes were made for looking, so men look. Sorry.
But I bet if an unwelcome advance were made in a unisex washroom, any male with balls would come forward, and make life more complicated for the insurgent.
I know I would.
nuckinfutz
Oct 17, 05:58 PM
Apple supports both formats. They've made this clear last April when they announced HD DVD support (rudimentary) in DVD Studio Pro 4. At NAB 2007 I fully expect them to announce authoring support for HD DVD and Blu-Ray. They may make them modules that you add on if you need to for licensing/cost reasons.
HD DVD vs Blu-Ray- forget the specs. You can't win that argument since both platforms use the SAME codecs. Both will look identical with the same encode. Thus it comes down to price and content.
HD DVD has the price - players can be had for $399
Blu-Ray has the content- 7 of 8 large studios
The storage is inconsequential. HD DVD already has 3 hr movies in Troy and King Kong (nov 14) which look phenomenal. These new codecs AVC and VC-1 can kick out a phenomenal picture at DVD bitrates.
Don't wait...by the most affordable player you can and start enjoying the best HD you will see on your HDTV.
Do it now!
HD DVD vs Blu-Ray- forget the specs. You can't win that argument since both platforms use the SAME codecs. Both will look identical with the same encode. Thus it comes down to price and content.
HD DVD has the price - players can be had for $399
Blu-Ray has the content- 7 of 8 large studios
The storage is inconsequential. HD DVD already has 3 hr movies in Troy and King Kong (nov 14) which look phenomenal. These new codecs AVC and VC-1 can kick out a phenomenal picture at DVD bitrates.
Don't wait...by the most affordable player you can and start enjoying the best HD you will see on your HDTV.
Do it now!

croasmun
Oct 2, 03:11 PM
Since when is Apple not a litigious company?
more...

eastercat
May 3, 03:45 PM
Just like communism
Considering communism is dependent on control of the resources so they can be equally doled out, it's not free and open. You're thinking of anarchy.
Your username is appropriate. :rolleyes:
If you want tethering, pay for it. The cell phone planes (without tethering) are calculated on a typical single (mobile) device usage - using it for more devices is stealing (you know, you signed the contract with the rules - if you don't like it you shouldn't have signed up)I'm on an unlimited plan, so how do I pay for tethering? I use around 8 GB/month because I stream music, so I can't give up my unlimited. If AT&T offered the option to add a tethering plan, I would take them up on it.
Considering communism is dependent on control of the resources so they can be equally doled out, it's not free and open. You're thinking of anarchy.
Your username is appropriate. :rolleyes:
If you want tethering, pay for it. The cell phone planes (without tethering) are calculated on a typical single (mobile) device usage - using it for more devices is stealing (you know, you signed the contract with the rules - if you don't like it you shouldn't have signed up)I'm on an unlimited plan, so how do I pay for tethering? I use around 8 GB/month because I stream music, so I can't give up my unlimited. If AT&T offered the option to add a tethering plan, I would take them up on it.
Lostanddamned
Sep 29, 05:43 AM
I like it, its simple - albiet not that simple, with a lot of good designs.
more...
takao
Jan 12, 10:22 AM
The bloody thing is not even released yet and you are already an expert? Give me a break.
the iphone not being out makes it even worse
especially for the european market where it's still 1 year away and you can get UMTS phones _today_ .etc
can you download music from itms on your iphone ?
one provider here offers such a service except that you pay 1 buck for the phone and the contract is somewhere around 25 or so per month ( 0cent per minute into 4 networks) but you get the top 40 charts for free every month or something like that
1 year is a lot in the mobile phone business
edit: oh and i just found the W850i and it _has_ a 2mp camera around here (but only 1 GB)
but it only costs _3_ bucks with a contract
the iphone not being out makes it even worse
especially for the european market where it's still 1 year away and you can get UMTS phones _today_ .etc
can you download music from itms on your iphone ?
one provider here offers such a service except that you pay 1 buck for the phone and the contract is somewhere around 25 or so per month ( 0cent per minute into 4 networks) but you get the top 40 charts for free every month or something like that
1 year is a lot in the mobile phone business
edit: oh and i just found the W850i and it _has_ a 2mp camera around here (but only 1 GB)
but it only costs _3_ bucks with a contract
WestonHarvey1
Jul 21, 01:07 PM
So if another car company was hiding the same problem Toyota had, and Toyota pointed it out, that would be wrong? Why are the other companies denying it?
The funny part is none of the other companies are even denying it. Their response has been to complain about Apple bringing it up. The laws of physics should apply only to Apple.
The funny part is none of the other companies are even denying it. Their response has been to complain about Apple bringing it up. The laws of physics should apply only to Apple.
more...
mdntcallr
Oct 2, 05:42 PM
well. i wish apple would allow record companies to sell cd's that are copy protected, with copies of songs in AAC fairplay protected. so that people can also use them digitally.
TheMonarch
Sep 7, 09:41 PM
I agree. I don't think it was appropriate for him to be performing at a keynote. Just not the right audience.
more...
swy32x
Sep 8, 09:45 AM
Waaah
What about Madonna being there? What a stupid skank. What an absolute, no-talent whore, wannabe religious wack job.
She annoys me with all her whining and she is no good at what she does ...
^^
Replace Madonna with Kanye and that is exactly how you guys sound ...
What about Madonna being there? What a stupid skank. What an absolute, no-talent whore, wannabe religious wack job.
She annoys me with all her whining and she is no good at what she does ...
^^
Replace Madonna with Kanye and that is exactly how you guys sound ...
slamshut
Oct 6, 11:20 AM
Ill tell you this they are better then sprint and t-mobile as far as verizon it they had the iphone im pretty sure they will have issues with there network. For all the data traffic that att handle now they can do way better, but like i said there are worse carriers out there.
more...
EagerDragon
Oct 11, 11:46 AM
If the rumor is true and the video iPod is relased soon, Microsoft better be ready to lose more than $50.00 a unit. Apple may lower the price of the older iPods and the the Video iPod around the same price of their top level iPod (5.5G).
That will throw another:D monkey wrench on the works, LOL.
That will throw another:D monkey wrench on the works, LOL.
iZac
Apr 29, 03:11 PM
Did distracting iCal go away?
Unfortunately both iCal and Address Book are still hideous!
Unfortunately both iCal and Address Book are still hideous!
more...

definitive
Apr 15, 03:51 PM
why even bother posting these fake pictures?
monochrome noise filter in photoshop, anyone?
monochrome noise filter in photoshop, anyone?
tvguru
Sep 12, 07:21 AM
Note that it doesn't say "The iTunes Music Store is being updated." That's a pretty clear sign to me that not only are they going to add movies, it's also now just going to be the iTunes Store.
Good catch, although it could mean nothing.
Good catch, although it could mean nothing.
more...
Doctor Q
May 3, 07:25 PM
It's funny because nowhere in europe (well, from first hand experience in UK/ Scandanavia), do the carriers prevent tethering, nor do they charge an extra fee for it.
They have data caps (100MB, 500MB, 1GB etc) but they don't care what you use it for. And this makes sense. Thus I can work from cafes through my HTC Desire, and as long as I'm not streaming video or downloading many podcasts then the 1GB/month is more than enough for my phone and occasional tethered usage.
For once Europe seems to be ahead of the curve to the advantage of the consumer when compared to the USA.
I'd like that arrangement better. I'd rather pay for one package and use it as I like without being nickel-and-dimed.
They have data caps (100MB, 500MB, 1GB etc) but they don't care what you use it for. And this makes sense. Thus I can work from cafes through my HTC Desire, and as long as I'm not streaming video or downloading many podcasts then the 1GB/month is more than enough for my phone and occasional tethered usage.
For once Europe seems to be ahead of the curve to the advantage of the consumer when compared to the USA.
I'd like that arrangement better. I'd rather pay for one package and use it as I like without being nickel-and-dimed.
iJohnHenry
Apr 18, 07:36 PM
I find it highly unnecessary for the TSA to pat down kids, especially, kids younger than 8-9 yrs old.
Agree on point one.
TSA lady groped my sister's boobs one flight, as if, last time I checked there are no records of people hiding crap in their boobs.
C-4 can be hidden in breast implants.
Unless the TSA "lady" was butch, I would not concern yourself. ;)
Agree on point one.
TSA lady groped my sister's boobs one flight, as if, last time I checked there are no records of people hiding crap in their boobs.
C-4 can be hidden in breast implants.
Unless the TSA "lady" was butch, I would not concern yourself. ;)
louis Fashion
Apr 8, 03:44 PM
Best Buy does this all the time. I purchased a Samsung TV off their Web site for in-store sameday pickup last year, and took my receipt to my local store. They wouldn't give me the TV I already purchased because they were holding all of that model until Sunday because of their Sunday ad flyer. They had at least 10 of that model in stock on their store shelves.
They told me I could come back Sunday to pick it up. Naturally, I refused (this was like Tuesday), called Best Buy Online and had them refund my purchase. Then, purchased from Amazon.
I'll never purchase anything major from them again.
What a group of dolts. The local BBY told my friend that they did NOT take "reservations" I doubt if they will last much longer. Everyone is buying on line.
They told me I could come back Sunday to pick it up. Naturally, I refused (this was like Tuesday), called Best Buy Online and had them refund my purchase. Then, purchased from Amazon.
I'll never purchase anything major from them again.
What a group of dolts. The local BBY told my friend that they did NOT take "reservations" I doubt if they will last much longer. Everyone is buying on line.
Brucewl
May 3, 01:19 AM
OK, come on, just released ios 5.0, do not fix it again and again..
Calidude
Apr 16, 05:00 PM
Is your dictionary still in print, and how would I order one?
Yes, I do believe Merriam Webster is still up and running...
Yes, I do believe Merriam Webster is still up and running...
fivepoint
Mar 4, 12:04 PM
No one, no one would take a poll that's seven-months out-of-date and try and pass it off as an accurate representation of current public opinion.
If you can find more recent generic ballot data, I'd love to see it.
Even if the graph was up-to-date as of today it would still not indicate one way or another what would happen in 2012, but rather just give us some general perception as to where the trend is headed, just like the graph I posted. A day, a week, a month... and certainly a year is a LIFETIME in politics.
If you can find more recent generic ballot data, I'd love to see it.
Even if the graph was up-to-date as of today it would still not indicate one way or another what would happen in 2012, but rather just give us some general perception as to where the trend is headed, just like the graph I posted. A day, a week, a month... and certainly a year is a LIFETIME in politics.
lOUDsCREAMEr
Nov 16, 05:16 PM
blatantly inaccurate.
airforce1
May 2, 12:23 PM
Exactly.
If the people claiming this is a non issue are serious then they should all email Steve and tell him to stop addressing it.
I think the problem here is that many on this board cannot distinguish between trolls blindly trying to stir stuff up on an Apple forum and non-trolls discussing a legitimate issue. People need to learn how to separate the two and ignore the trolls if they try to pile onto an unfavorable discussion of Apple on a particular issue.
yes and many of these trolls spend most of their time on apple forums with pro apple views, even bias, as Jobbs said the Tech community failed to educate everyone on what he failed to provide evidence for to show they DID NOT violate privacy laws.
Im sure apple knew they have to pay a fine, now they will just pretend with so called tech trolls on forums that they fixed this, its not over you see, when congress demands a standard on collecting data and to what extent and who then we will see all the data sheets apple is hiding from me and you, until then you and i both could be called trolls for just posting anything here, thats a opinion and propaganda (lie) though
If the people claiming this is a non issue are serious then they should all email Steve and tell him to stop addressing it.
I think the problem here is that many on this board cannot distinguish between trolls blindly trying to stir stuff up on an Apple forum and non-trolls discussing a legitimate issue. People need to learn how to separate the two and ignore the trolls if they try to pile onto an unfavorable discussion of Apple on a particular issue.
yes and many of these trolls spend most of their time on apple forums with pro apple views, even bias, as Jobbs said the Tech community failed to educate everyone on what he failed to provide evidence for to show they DID NOT violate privacy laws.
Im sure apple knew they have to pay a fine, now they will just pretend with so called tech trolls on forums that they fixed this, its not over you see, when congress demands a standard on collecting data and to what extent and who then we will see all the data sheets apple is hiding from me and you, until then you and i both could be called trolls for just posting anything here, thats a opinion and propaganda (lie) though
No comments:
Post a Comment