topgunn
Nov 27, 01:34 PM
Built-in iSights, now there's an idea! :D
Asus has this (http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=10&l2=88&l3=367&model=1136&modelmenu=1) display which includes speakers and a webcam. It would be nice if Apple introduced a similar concept with a display only. It would be prefect for the Mac mini.
Asus has this (http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=10&l2=88&l3=367&model=1136&modelmenu=1) display which includes speakers and a webcam. It would be nice if Apple introduced a similar concept with a display only. It would be prefect for the Mac mini.
random47
Feb 21, 04:45 PM
Hi, can anyone explain me how is the Cinema Display 30" "flying" in Transporteur's 2007 setup (page 79, Part 13)? :confused:
Is he using a VESA wall mount?
Thanks!
I don't think it is flying. I think is it leaning towards the wall.
Is he using a VESA wall mount?
Thanks!
I don't think it is flying. I think is it leaning towards the wall.
MacPhilosopher
Sep 14, 12:04 PM
I just have a hard time picturing Toyota mailing me a new accelerator pedal and linkage and expecting me to install it. Wake up!
But why should Apple provide a permanent fix when the problem hasn't affected sales too much, and they can come out with a fixed phone next year and get you to stand in line to buy it.
Consumer Reports are doing exactly what their subscribers are paying them to do. I'm sorry if everyone isn't Apple Fanboys, but they get paid NOT to be anyone's Fanboy.
Did you really just compare installing a complicated accelerator system in your car to putting a bumper or case on your phone? You are Funny.
But why should Apple provide a permanent fix when the problem hasn't affected sales too much, and they can come out with a fixed phone next year and get you to stand in line to buy it.
Consumer Reports are doing exactly what their subscribers are paying them to do. I'm sorry if everyone isn't Apple Fanboys, but they get paid NOT to be anyone's Fanboy.
Did you really just compare installing a complicated accelerator system in your car to putting a bumper or case on your phone? You are Funny.
SuperCachetes
Feb 25, 07:37 PM
I wish there were more affordable Diesels in the States. A Cruze might be a bit "too" affordable, but neither can I step up to a Mercedes. The BMW 330d is sweet, though. I have to rule out VWs based on a personal bias. What to do... :o
I'm really keen to see this system (http://www.greasecar.com/faq) in action. Waste oil as fuel = brilliant.
I'm really keen to see this system (http://www.greasecar.com/faq) in action. Waste oil as fuel = brilliant.
macthetiger85
Apr 26, 04:35 PM
Windows and Amazon are not a generic names. If Microsoft would have named it "Operating System" then that would be generic. If Amazon were named "Online Store" then that would be generic. I'm sure Amazon could have named App Store something else, but then again, it's such a known term now that instantly helps customers identify what they are looking at.
I like Apple products, but they're beginning to be one of the most anal companies out there.
Actually windows is generic - a windows OS is an operating system with a GUI that uses a desktop and windows (such as finder, word processors etc) developed by XEROX and first mass produced for the Apple Lisa. The generic term for that type of OS among others was windows OS - then Microsoft came out with a windowing OS and called it Windows and trademarked it. Microsoft is actually arguing against Apple exactly what they did years ago. Back on topic though - it doesn't matter - Amazon is using it while Apple has already filed for the mark. The courts will settle this and if it goes to Apple, Amazon will pay big and have to change their name. Would have been simpler to just change their name to begin with.
I like Apple products, but they're beginning to be one of the most anal companies out there.
Actually windows is generic - a windows OS is an operating system with a GUI that uses a desktop and windows (such as finder, word processors etc) developed by XEROX and first mass produced for the Apple Lisa. The generic term for that type of OS among others was windows OS - then Microsoft came out with a windowing OS and called it Windows and trademarked it. Microsoft is actually arguing against Apple exactly what they did years ago. Back on topic though - it doesn't matter - Amazon is using it while Apple has already filed for the mark. The courts will settle this and if it goes to Apple, Amazon will pay big and have to change their name. Would have been simpler to just change their name to begin with.
Thirdeye9
Apr 11, 09:18 AM
All this discussion is apple's cap of tea for :) because we don't speculate if there is any mp3 player better than classic ipod. The only enemy of apple is apple.
I have now big problem, because i ve got Nokia C7, which has everything i would like from ipod touch, but ipod classic is not a really good choice for me... the only thing i apreciate in it is an enormous hdd, but due to its communicating only via itunes - i can't use it for different files than multimedia. If i could store there other files i would buy it. So i hope Apple will release new model with OS which will solve the problem :)
I have now big problem, because i ve got Nokia C7, which has everything i would like from ipod touch, but ipod classic is not a really good choice for me... the only thing i apreciate in it is an enormous hdd, but due to its communicating only via itunes - i can't use it for different files than multimedia. If i could store there other files i would buy it. So i hope Apple will release new model with OS which will solve the problem :)
CaptMurdock
Nov 28, 12:51 PM
I like that concept... not owning a microwave. Encourages you to eat fresh and reheat things the proper way. :)
When our last microwave broke, we replaced it with a toaster oven. As for popcorn, we got a hot air popper. Much healthier.
http://www.popcornpopperreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Presto-Poplite-Hot-Air-Popcorn-Popper.jpg
When our last microwave broke, we replaced it with a toaster oven. As for popcorn, we got a hot air popper. Much healthier.
http://www.popcornpopperreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Presto-Poplite-Hot-Air-Popcorn-Popper.jpg
DoFoT9
Mar 6, 05:15 PM
not sure just off of that info. what system are you running it on? tell us what you did to get it going
ill try my best to explain haha.
its running off my imac i7 machine (in sig).
i ran fah6 and it went through everything, i signed up etc then went to download a new version from the server. it successfully did that but then it came out with the error that i displayed before.
so i closed it down and reopened. now i get this.
[23:14:11] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0x7f
but then it goes
[23:14:24] - Connecting to assignment server
[23:14:25] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.65.56).
[23:14:25] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[23:14:25] Loaded queue successfully.
[23:14:47] + Connections closed: You may now disconnect
but then it starts the whole loop again (wanting to download new jobs etc).
is there a GUI version lol i hate the command line interface!
edit: ok dw i installed the system preferences pane and now its running fine :D (didnt realise there was one!). is there anyway to control the amount of cores/CPU usage? and also to view the images of it computing? check your stats? hehe
my network usage is sitting on 9.4MB/s now. how odd....
ill try my best to explain haha.
its running off my imac i7 machine (in sig).
i ran fah6 and it went through everything, i signed up etc then went to download a new version from the server. it successfully did that but then it came out with the error that i displayed before.
so i closed it down and reopened. now i get this.
[23:14:11] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0x7f
but then it goes
[23:14:24] - Connecting to assignment server
[23:14:25] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.65.56).
[23:14:25] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[23:14:25] Loaded queue successfully.
[23:14:47] + Connections closed: You may now disconnect
but then it starts the whole loop again (wanting to download new jobs etc).
is there a GUI version lol i hate the command line interface!
edit: ok dw i installed the system preferences pane and now its running fine :D (didnt realise there was one!). is there anyway to control the amount of cores/CPU usage? and also to view the images of it computing? check your stats? hehe
my network usage is sitting on 9.4MB/s now. how odd....
chutch15
Sep 13, 07:04 AM
It does not. With this new glass, I don't feel I need one. A screen protector is far softer and would take more damage in dents and scratches, not to mention expensive (and a pain) to replace.
aussie_geek
Oct 24, 03:58 AM
aussie_geek: since this upgrade is so trivial and meaningless to you ..... why do you keep reading and posting in this thread? LOL!
I've been waiting for this upgrade since Core Duo debuted in January, and I'll be up, bright and early, to order a C2D MBP in the morning! wOOt!
:D
iBorg
just to stir the pot!! :p
aussie_geek
I've been waiting for this upgrade since Core Duo debuted in January, and I'll be up, bright and early, to order a C2D MBP in the morning! wOOt!
:D
iBorg
just to stir the pot!! :p
aussie_geek
rasmasyean
Apr 7, 06:29 PM
HA! Do I get another "I toldya so" moment soon??? :D
General: US may consider sending troops into Libya
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42468330/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/
General: US may consider sending troops into Libya
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42468330/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/
MBX
Jan 12, 11:22 AM
I figured out the secret air message!
What falls out of the air? ... Apple (s)
riiiiiiiigght...
What falls out of the air? ... Apple (s)
riiiiiiiigght...
Benguitar
Nov 25, 08:58 PM
But it's a Ferrari.
Exactly.
But it's a Pelican.
Ferrari > Honda
Pelican > Normal Eyeglasses Case
;) :p :D
Exactly.
But it's a Pelican.
Ferrari > Honda
Pelican > Normal Eyeglasses Case
;) :p :D
azzurri000
Sep 6, 09:22 AM
I am underwhelmed, as Tim Gunn might say.
TalonFlyer
Sep 14, 10:48 AM
Does the iPhone have an inherent design issue with regards to antenna performance. The answer is, absolutely YES. Does the bumper mitigate this issue, in my experience it does, however only a marginal amount.
I have dropped calls every day, in places where I would have near full signal if I was not holding the phone. I have 3G data issues, especially in the fringe areas where I did not have an issue with my 3Gs.
The iPhone is a great device and I agree that consumer reports is splitting hairs with the antenna issue.
Apple agree's there is a problem or they would not have given away bumpers to everyone.
Fortunately, I use my iPhone as a phone only about 20% of the time, so 80% of my use is great. The other 20% is only a problem about 1 in 7 calls.
So, while it is a little inconvenient when a call drops when I hold the phone in that way, or short data interruptions on 3G from time-to-time, overall I get a lot done with the iPhone.
I do look forward to changing my iPhone to a newer device at the first reasonable opportunity, primarily because of the antenna issue.
I have dropped calls every day, in places where I would have near full signal if I was not holding the phone. I have 3G data issues, especially in the fringe areas where I did not have an issue with my 3Gs.
The iPhone is a great device and I agree that consumer reports is splitting hairs with the antenna issue.
Apple agree's there is a problem or they would not have given away bumpers to everyone.
Fortunately, I use my iPhone as a phone only about 20% of the time, so 80% of my use is great. The other 20% is only a problem about 1 in 7 calls.
So, while it is a little inconvenient when a call drops when I hold the phone in that way, or short data interruptions on 3G from time-to-time, overall I get a lot done with the iPhone.
I do look forward to changing my iPhone to a newer device at the first reasonable opportunity, primarily because of the antenna issue.
Chef Medeski
Jul 14, 10:46 AM
Faster processors, I'll take those of course. Blu-Ray? Hell no, I don't want that turd. Pretty much every format Sony has ever come up with is dead, just look at the UMD now, its a joke.
I'll pass on that MPAA sponsored DRM ladden expensive dog turd.
UMD wasn't supposed to be a new standard in anything. With the MD, they tried to create new audio players and even a new drive for hte computer, and it was a good format( unlike most sony formats) but since sony was the only one using it.... well.... it went the way of the dinosoars..
but UMD was never like MD in that they tried pushing it on many fronts, just for PSP. And I think its fairly sucessful for only pertainging to PSP owners.
I'll pass on that MPAA sponsored DRM ladden expensive dog turd.
UMD wasn't supposed to be a new standard in anything. With the MD, they tried to create new audio players and even a new drive for hte computer, and it was a good format( unlike most sony formats) but since sony was the only one using it.... well.... it went the way of the dinosoars..
but UMD was never like MD in that they tried pushing it on many fronts, just for PSP. And I think its fairly sucessful for only pertainging to PSP owners.
imnotatfault
Aug 19, 09:09 AM
I disagree with pretty much everything you said here Manic Mouse :D.
I really hope the iPod doesn't go down the line of convergence/frankenstein/jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none. It's a solid music player and it's main priority should be as such. In my experience with work colleagues and parents/in-laws the iPod is almost bordering on being too difficult as it is just with just music and video. Many never bother with video or podcasts or even firmware updates because they perceive it to be too complex. Adding slide-out keyboards, larger/deeper navigation menus, wifi connections, and email configuration would probably push it over the edge as far as being too technologically intimidating for most. Not to mention the size sacrifice.
Apple may bring something else to the market to compete if there really is a decent market for devices like the Mylo (which I'm personally not too sure there is).
Only if the device was separate from the iPod, which stayed truer to its roots, and more importantly, there was some sort of higher integration. Like the proposed built-in dock the mac mini would have. I still miss that.
I really hope the iPod doesn't go down the line of convergence/frankenstein/jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none. It's a solid music player and it's main priority should be as such. In my experience with work colleagues and parents/in-laws the iPod is almost bordering on being too difficult as it is just with just music and video. Many never bother with video or podcasts or even firmware updates because they perceive it to be too complex. Adding slide-out keyboards, larger/deeper navigation menus, wifi connections, and email configuration would probably push it over the edge as far as being too technologically intimidating for most. Not to mention the size sacrifice.
Apple may bring something else to the market to compete if there really is a decent market for devices like the Mylo (which I'm personally not too sure there is).
Only if the device was separate from the iPod, which stayed truer to its roots, and more importantly, there was some sort of higher integration. Like the proposed built-in dock the mac mini would have. I still miss that.
Echo toxin
Sep 6, 06:58 AM
I suspect it's the rest of the stores doing whatever the US one did yesterday - i.e. no visible change!

Josias
Aug 7, 03:32 AM
Anyone got any ideas of when the keynote starts in the good ol UK?, i'm guessing 6pm ish?
It's starting 7 pm in Denmark, but I can tell you, the minute I post this, there is 8 hours and 27 minutes till the Keynote...:D
It's starting 7 pm in Denmark, but I can tell you, the minute I post this, there is 8 hours and 27 minutes till the Keynote...:D
viccles
Aug 24, 10:29 PM
People and their meroms :rolleyes: Anyone would think the messiah is coming :eek:
Popeye206
May 2, 05:37 PM
So you're saying we should go back to Mac OS Classic cooperative multi-tasking ?
Hello ?
The 80s called, they want their computing paradigms back. Cooperative multi-tasking makes sense on ressource limited architectures. Even the iPhone/iPad like devices are far from "ressource limited". We had pre-emptive multi-tasking on much less capable devices (think 386s with 8 MB of RAM).
LOL! Yeah... and I remember crashing faster than you click your mouse on those systems. Windows 3.0 and 3.1 were a mess. But of course... most things were back then. how far we've come.
Hello ?
The 80s called, they want their computing paradigms back. Cooperative multi-tasking makes sense on ressource limited architectures. Even the iPhone/iPad like devices are far from "ressource limited". We had pre-emptive multi-tasking on much less capable devices (think 386s with 8 MB of RAM).
LOL! Yeah... and I remember crashing faster than you click your mouse on those systems. Windows 3.0 and 3.1 were a mess. But of course... most things were back then. how far we've come.
gugy
Nov 29, 11:09 PM
Reading through all the expectations in this thread has me thinking that there are going to be some veeeery disappointed people on the day this is announced.
I'm guessing it'll be something like Airport Express, but for video. With a Front Row interface and a remote. Watch videos from you iTunes library, browse the iTunes store, subscribe to video podcasts, watch streaming movie trailers. Maybe a built-in web browser. If we're lucky, it will be able to browse and play video from YouTube or other video sites. That's all I'm expecting, anyway.
you are right for version 1.0.
iTV will evolve into other many things as the time goes by. Just like iTunes 1.0 and look what iTunes is today.
I agree with you that iTV will be very straight forward when it comes out, but the potential is there.
I'm guessing it'll be something like Airport Express, but for video. With a Front Row interface and a remote. Watch videos from you iTunes library, browse the iTunes store, subscribe to video podcasts, watch streaming movie trailers. Maybe a built-in web browser. If we're lucky, it will be able to browse and play video from YouTube or other video sites. That's all I'm expecting, anyway.
you are right for version 1.0.
iTV will evolve into other many things as the time goes by. Just like iTunes 1.0 and look what iTunes is today.
I agree with you that iTV will be very straight forward when it comes out, but the potential is there.
Lollypop
Aug 25, 03:15 AM
It will be 1.66GHz Core 2 Duo for $599 and 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo for $799. Apple rarely lowers prices and there is certainly no reason for them to do so now.
I dont think they will go core 2 yet, the mini is entry level, they will rather upgrade the macbook and the imac first before they go for the core 2 in the mini. That sayd, why not keep the solo and lower the price (3 mini models maybe), for many the reason why they arent switching is because of price, and with a lot of people only doing light office/home stuff the solo is good enough.
Plus it's a Mac! :D
Wait.... there is something else out there?? ;) :D
I dont think they will go core 2 yet, the mini is entry level, they will rather upgrade the macbook and the imac first before they go for the core 2 in the mini. That sayd, why not keep the solo and lower the price (3 mini models maybe), for many the reason why they arent switching is because of price, and with a lot of people only doing light office/home stuff the solo is good enough.
Plus it's a Mac! :D
Wait.... there is something else out there?? ;) :D
I'mAMac
Sep 1, 01:18 PM
What is this chin on the iMac that everybody is talking about?
No comments:
Post a Comment