TheFlashGuy
Jun 22, 04:28 PM
To paraphrase - "It's just a giant iPad!"
sycho
Jan 31, 07:18 PM
It's keeping the OEM 17s, I look the OEM+ look. It's simple and good looking.
QCassidy352
Sep 1, 12:45 PM
nooooo, not merom!! Give the imac the conroe processor it deserves!! It's a desktop, and if it could handle a G5 it can handle a conroe. :(
But the 23" idea is very cool. :D
But the 23" idea is very cool. :D
iJohnHenry
Feb 28, 09:12 AM
.... that the US car makers still sells trucks, pickups etc. without diesel options is simply a complete lack of any common sense.
Profit and common sense cannot co-exist, apparently. :rolleyes:
Profit and common sense cannot co-exist, apparently. :rolleyes:
oracle_ab
Apr 27, 10:24 AM
We are saying the same thing - the general population, it doesn't matter if they refer to all markets as app stores, much like Windex, Xerox and Google have become generic terms.
Bingo! :)
Bingo! :)
Schnebar
Jan 13, 01:39 AM
So the only way to use a thumb drive or download photos from a camera or sync your iPod/iPhone is through your dock when you're at home???
This IS the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while.
Yeah I guess there are a lot of problems with this.
But how cool would it be if the sides were completely clean. Maybe they could have a USB and audio output one the side that has a cover that slides over when it is not being used.
I remember when wifi came out and there were all of these commercials about how there were no wires.
But now there will never be any wires ever.
I am just wishful thinking and do not actually know about the complexity that this kind of charging entails but it sounds cool if it worked.
This IS the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while.
Yeah I guess there are a lot of problems with this.
But how cool would it be if the sides were completely clean. Maybe they could have a USB and audio output one the side that has a cover that slides over when it is not being used.
I remember when wifi came out and there were all of these commercials about how there were no wires.
But now there will never be any wires ever.
I am just wishful thinking and do not actually know about the complexity that this kind of charging entails but it sounds cool if it worked.
rxse7en
Nov 29, 03:48 PM
Its outputs are HDMI and component video. It is designed for HD content.
I learned to drive on a '79 RX-7. Brilliant automobile.
Would be cool if it could upscale streaming video to 1080i at least. I may forgo the iTV if there's ever a solution to stream vid from the Mac to the XBox 360 though. I must say, the 360 is a great piece of hardware at it's current price point. As others have pointed out, would be nice if the iTV supported 1080p over HDMI.
I loved my first car--'79 RX7 and have had several since. My current one is a heavily modified '91 Turbo II. Hopefully we'll see a 4th gen 7 some day.
B
I learned to drive on a '79 RX-7. Brilliant automobile.
Would be cool if it could upscale streaming video to 1080i at least. I may forgo the iTV if there's ever a solution to stream vid from the Mac to the XBox 360 though. I must say, the 360 is a great piece of hardware at it's current price point. As others have pointed out, would be nice if the iTV supported 1080p over HDMI.
I loved my first car--'79 RX7 and have had several since. My current one is a heavily modified '91 Turbo II. Hopefully we'll see a 4th gen 7 some day.
B
quadgirl
Sep 1, 01:19 PM
A 23" Merom iMac. Really nice! But I was hoping for Conroe to power the next iMac series. A bit underwhelming. Isn't the Conroe supposed to have a solid performance edge over the Merom? A faster FSB and higher clockspeeds?
What to think of this? Sure, in some tests Merom performs up to 40% faster than Yonah, but in others it only shows a puny advantage. The truth is bound to be somewhere in between those claims. So, Merom performs some 20% faster than Yonah. That's nice, sure, but not exactly overwhelming.
I don't like this. Don't know why exactly...
23" I do like, though. What GPU will power that display? Hopefully an X1900, although an X1800 is more likely. What will it cost. Man, too many questions right now.
What about Merom powering the 17" and 20" iMacs, and the 23" imac being powered by Conroe?
The Merom isn't showing MASSIVE speed improvements over Yonah, but it is impressive. Impressive that is for a laptop processor. But the Conroe has(being a desktop chip) a HUGE performace gain over Merom. Check the stats and you'll see that gap between laptop and desktop speeds has widened considerably.
On the subject of Graphics, maybe Apple may move to Nvidia as Ati have been bought out by AMD.
What to think of this? Sure, in some tests Merom performs up to 40% faster than Yonah, but in others it only shows a puny advantage. The truth is bound to be somewhere in between those claims. So, Merom performs some 20% faster than Yonah. That's nice, sure, but not exactly overwhelming.
I don't like this. Don't know why exactly...
23" I do like, though. What GPU will power that display? Hopefully an X1900, although an X1800 is more likely. What will it cost. Man, too many questions right now.
What about Merom powering the 17" and 20" iMacs, and the 23" imac being powered by Conroe?
The Merom isn't showing MASSIVE speed improvements over Yonah, but it is impressive. Impressive that is for a laptop processor. But the Conroe has(being a desktop chip) a HUGE performace gain over Merom. Check the stats and you'll see that gap between laptop and desktop speeds has widened considerably.
On the subject of Graphics, maybe Apple may move to Nvidia as Ati have been bought out by AMD.
godrifle
Nov 27, 01:10 PM
It's about time Apple provided Mini buyers with a branded monitor option. :)
LumbermanSVO
Apr 12, 09:02 PM
I drive a non-syncronised 10-speed stick with a hellacious clutch pedal 6-days a week, or about 105k miles a year. Even the worst backing situations, where I'm feathering the clutch a LOT, aren't enough to get my leg tired anymore. The clutch pedals in most cars feels like stepping on a rotten plumb to me now.
With enough time you can learn to float the gears(clutchless shifting) with any manual transmission, yes, even the synchronized ones. Once you learn it you'll find that it takes less force to get it in gear than when you use the clutch. Most of my missed shifts in the big truck or the car are from my hand slipping off the lever from having too loose of a grip on.
Even after all the time in the big truck I still prefer my personal vehicles to have a manual. I did just buy a car with an auto though, but at $825 you can't be too picky about what trans it has. :D
With enough time you can learn to float the gears(clutchless shifting) with any manual transmission, yes, even the synchronized ones. Once you learn it you'll find that it takes less force to get it in gear than when you use the clutch. Most of my missed shifts in the big truck or the car are from my hand slipping off the lever from having too loose of a grip on.
Even after all the time in the big truck I still prefer my personal vehicles to have a manual. I did just buy a car with an auto though, but at $825 you can't be too picky about what trans it has. :D
Fraaaa
Apr 2, 07:15 PM
You sure? The DP2 installer is 3.7GB vs. 3.35GB of DP1.
Leopard requires 9GB, Snow Leopard requires 5GB, and now Lion is under 4GB?
Leopard requires 9GB, Snow Leopard requires 5GB, and now Lion is under 4GB?
devinci99
Mar 22, 04:15 PM
I do think it's possible that Apple might re-invent the classic.
A price drop and some minor update (such as wifi, bluetooth capabilities, ios capable) might happen. I think updating the classic's internal's and functionality might be feasible. But I doubt they will touch the physical appearance of it.
But re-inventing the classic would defeat the purpose of calling it 'classic'.
The Ipod Touch is their outlet for innovations now. Though, I wonder when the touch, would simple be called the iPod (drop the touch from the name).
A price drop and some minor update (such as wifi, bluetooth capabilities, ios capable) might happen. I think updating the classic's internal's and functionality might be feasible. But I doubt they will touch the physical appearance of it.
But re-inventing the classic would defeat the purpose of calling it 'classic'.
The Ipod Touch is their outlet for innovations now. Though, I wonder when the touch, would simple be called the iPod (drop the touch from the name).
frankie
Aug 25, 11:09 AM
1. Apple doesn't pay those prices.
2. No way is Apple going to keep shipping any Yonah processors.
3. Any speed Solo Yonah will be history with this refresh.
4. It's gonna be 1.66GHz Core 2 Duo T5500 and 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo T5600 minis.
5. I expect the iMac to sport faster Conroes in a completely new designed enclosure that can deal with the additional heat a Conroe setup will generate.

2008 Cadillac STS V6 Wichita,

2008 Cadillac STS V6 Wichita,

2005 Cadillac STS V6 Defiance,

2005 Cadillac STS V8 Fort

2005 Cadillac STS V6 Sherman,

2005 Cadillac STS rear.JPG
2. No way is Apple going to keep shipping any Yonah processors.
3. Any speed Solo Yonah will be history with this refresh.
4. It's gonna be 1.66GHz Core 2 Duo T5500 and 1.83GHz Core 2 Duo T5600 minis.
5. I expect the iMac to sport faster Conroes in a completely new designed enclosure that can deal with the additional heat a Conroe setup will generate.
Homy
Jan 4, 06:11 AM
iLife '07 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FApple-Computer-iLife-07-Mac%2Fdp%2FB000B8UOU2%2Fsr%3D1-1%2Fqid%3D1167869764%3Fie%3DUTF8%26s%3Dsoftware&tag=reality&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325) and iWork '07 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FApple-Computer-iWork-07-Mac%2Fdp%2FB000BKE87U%2Fsr%3D1-2%2Fqid%3D1167869786%3Fie%3DUTF8%26s%3Dsoftware&tag=reality&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325) are out on Amazon.
Josias
Nov 27, 01:42 PM
Do you think such a display would sport a pwning! S-IPS panel as the other Cinema Displays, or would it be throttled down to a Dell style S-PVA panel?:D
I willy, willy hope for:
17" (1680x1050), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 600:1, iSight, 400 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 2xFireWire400 - $399.
20" (1920x1200), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 700:1, iSight, 500 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 2xFireWire400 - $699.
24" (some res. I can't remember), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 700:1, iSight, 500 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 1xFireWire400, 1xFireWire 800 - $999.
30" (some res. I can't remember), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 700:1, iSight, 500 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 1xFireWire400, 1xFireWire 800 - $1999.
:D :D :D
I willy, willy hope for:
17" (1680x1050), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 600:1, iSight, 400 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 2xFireWire400 - $399.
20" (1920x1200), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 700:1, iSight, 500 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 2xFireWire400 - $699.
24" (some res. I can't remember), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 700:1, iSight, 500 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 1xFireWire400, 1xFireWire 800 - $999.
30" (some res. I can't remember), S-IPS panel, 12 ms, DVI, 700:1, iSight, 500 cd/m2, alu. case, 2xUSB 2.0, 1xFireWire400, 1xFireWire 800 - $1999.
:D :D :D
Eidorian
May 2, 09:48 PM
I wonder what is going to happen to the Dashboard.
amac4me
Aug 29, 09:26 AM
Without the Core 2 Duo, this would be a dissapointment.:mad:
Mr Bigs
Sep 15, 09:17 AM
bmustaf
I agree with you on the points that Apple does need a reminder of where it stands in the consumer/producer relationship every now and then, just as any other company does. Consumer Reports generally does a good job with facilitating this. I'd much rather a major publication start taking Apple to task about not allowing sideloading/locking down the device though to be honest.
My issue, from a personal viewpoint as an iPhone and Android user, is the way the iPhone4 antenna issue was approached and in my opinion blown out of proportion in terms of the net effect.
Yes the phone suffers a -20dB attenuation when you hold the device and bridge that antenna. My HTC Desire gave me a -14dB attenuation when I held it in one hand and my Galaxy S gives me -18dB when holding it in one hand. The only difference is that the attenuation on the iPhone4 is possible by simply bridging that antenna with your pinky finger rather than needing to hold the device.
The point there is that how often does someone do that where they lay a device on a table and touch that particular spot with a pinky finger? Or why would someone do that? The issue is that the signal attenuates when the device is held. But every phone suffers that to some degree, with even phones that have internal antennas giving comparable attenuation when held in your hand.
They focused quite a bit on "if I touch the device just like this when it's laying down it gives me the attenuation" despite the fact no one does that. They should have looked at it from a net user experience, where "does a -20dB attenuation make a phone not recommendable compared to a phone with only a -15dB attenuation" being the more deciding factor.
To me personally, I can't see how someone can recommend a phone that gives you -15 to -18dB attenuation when held and then not recommend a phone that gives you -20dB simply because it can also be reproduced by touching a marked spot with your pinky if the device is laying on a table. That's not to say that Apple should be proud that their phone also attenuates (and usually more so by varying degrees), but where's the cutoff?
Is -19dB the maximum allowable attenuation before you say something isn't recommendable? I think that's a fair question to ask.How many of those devices actually loose service because of a grip ?
I agree with you on the points that Apple does need a reminder of where it stands in the consumer/producer relationship every now and then, just as any other company does. Consumer Reports generally does a good job with facilitating this. I'd much rather a major publication start taking Apple to task about not allowing sideloading/locking down the device though to be honest.
My issue, from a personal viewpoint as an iPhone and Android user, is the way the iPhone4 antenna issue was approached and in my opinion blown out of proportion in terms of the net effect.
Yes the phone suffers a -20dB attenuation when you hold the device and bridge that antenna. My HTC Desire gave me a -14dB attenuation when I held it in one hand and my Galaxy S gives me -18dB when holding it in one hand. The only difference is that the attenuation on the iPhone4 is possible by simply bridging that antenna with your pinky finger rather than needing to hold the device.
The point there is that how often does someone do that where they lay a device on a table and touch that particular spot with a pinky finger? Or why would someone do that? The issue is that the signal attenuates when the device is held. But every phone suffers that to some degree, with even phones that have internal antennas giving comparable attenuation when held in your hand.
They focused quite a bit on "if I touch the device just like this when it's laying down it gives me the attenuation" despite the fact no one does that. They should have looked at it from a net user experience, where "does a -20dB attenuation make a phone not recommendable compared to a phone with only a -15dB attenuation" being the more deciding factor.
To me personally, I can't see how someone can recommend a phone that gives you -15 to -18dB attenuation when held and then not recommend a phone that gives you -20dB simply because it can also be reproduced by touching a marked spot with your pinky if the device is laying on a table. That's not to say that Apple should be proud that their phone also attenuates (and usually more so by varying degrees), but where's the cutoff?
Is -19dB the maximum allowable attenuation before you say something isn't recommendable? I think that's a fair question to ask.How many of those devices actually loose service because of a grip ?
macgeek18
Feb 18, 12:37 AM
Nice setup! It has a little bit of everything in it!
Thank you! I like it a lot and it's about 2 years in progress for everything so far.
Thank you! I like it a lot and it's about 2 years in progress for everything so far.
Small White Car
Apr 12, 09:03 PM
It's always the users fault. :rolleyes:
Why are you rolly-eying your own opinion?
I didn't say anything like that, so if it's what you think then you shouldn't be so hard on yourself.
Not even sure why you quoted me, honestly.
Why are you rolly-eying your own opinion?
I didn't say anything like that, so if it's what you think then you shouldn't be so hard on yourself.
Not even sure why you quoted me, honestly.
QuarterSwede
Apr 9, 11:51 PM
I've never owned an automatic. I'm addicted to driving a sports car with a manual gearbox.
After owning several I simply cannot imagine anything else. I enjoy driving too much to drive an automatic sedan.
You probably aren't carting around kids.
After owning several I simply cannot imagine anything else. I enjoy driving too much to drive an automatic sedan.
You probably aren't carting around kids.
Themaeds
Mar 23, 06:20 AM
Do people seriously have that many songs?!!! seriously?!!!
220gb = 50,000 songs?!!!!! That is totally not necessary.
Totally necessary...You never know when you are going to want to listen to that random Engelbert Humperdinck song that's been stuck in your head
220gb = 50,000 songs?!!!!! That is totally not necessary.
Totally necessary...You never know when you are going to want to listen to that random Engelbert Humperdinck song that's been stuck in your head
jake4ever
Apr 2, 01:36 AM
Use the dev version instead. A lot more stable than the beta one.
Thank you very much.
Thank you very much.
gkarris
Mar 22, 11:27 PM
I would buy this if it was 220gb. Great mockup
oooh, an Aluminum Unibody iPod Classic - now that would be an INSTANT Classic!!! :eek:
:D
oooh, an Aluminum Unibody iPod Classic - now that would be an INSTANT Classic!!! :eek:
:D
No comments:
Post a Comment