mefck
Apr 26, 02:17 PM
An FYI to the author of the article. You do not file a "counterclaim" seeking dismissal. Counterclaims are claims or causes of action against the original filer of the lawsuit. One files a motion seeking dismissal or files an answer that indicates they will eventually seek dismissal.
kdarling
Apr 22, 09:33 PM
Why is it necessary to keep your location a secret? What are Google and Apple going to do to you? What *exactly* and *specifically* is there to be afraid of?
Your location is *never* a secret, unless you're the President and it's a national crisis.
There are many people whose movements are best kept secret from certain others, with risk of life if revealed.
Battered women or kids in a secret shelter home, witness protection participants, undercover agents of all sorts, dissidents and rebels.
On a less serious note, there are probably some bosses who gave out iPhones, checking company iTunes hosts this weekned to see if their employees' travel receipts and sick days match their movements.
Your location is *never* a secret, unless you're the President and it's a national crisis.
There are many people whose movements are best kept secret from certain others, with risk of life if revealed.
Battered women or kids in a secret shelter home, witness protection participants, undercover agents of all sorts, dissidents and rebels.
On a less serious note, there are probably some bosses who gave out iPhones, checking company iTunes hosts this weekned to see if their employees' travel receipts and sick days match their movements.
Reverend Wally
Oct 23, 10:56 AM
As I have said before....
"round and 'round and 'round she goes.....
Where she stops....nobody knows
:p
"round and 'round and 'round she goes.....
Where she stops....nobody knows
:p
ten-oak-druid
Apr 26, 02:38 PM
I am a current law student who has concentrated in IP, particularly trademark law.
Can you please show me the trademark that was granted to Apple for App Store by the USPTO? You won't be able to find it because their trademark has not been approved. An opposition to their application was filed, if you didn't catch that from the text.
It was my understanding that Apple filed in 2008 and got some level of approval in early 2011. I imagine it is analogous to a "patent pending".
I imagine this case will then bear on the final full approval of the trademark.
Apple should file for "The App Store" in the interim as well as "appstore". The latter is used by amazon.
Can you please show me the trademark that was granted to Apple for App Store by the USPTO? You won't be able to find it because their trademark has not been approved. An opposition to their application was filed, if you didn't catch that from the text.
It was my understanding that Apple filed in 2008 and got some level of approval in early 2011. I imagine it is analogous to a "patent pending".
I imagine this case will then bear on the final full approval of the trademark.
Apple should file for "The App Store" in the interim as well as "appstore". The latter is used by amazon.
DesignDJ
Oct 23, 08:50 AM
This news just in....
"My infant son began to cry when I placed the MacBook Pro in my shopping cart this morning, this is a clear indication that the MBP could be updated as soon as this week. More news to follow..."
"My infant son began to cry when I placed the MacBook Pro in my shopping cart this morning, this is a clear indication that the MBP could be updated as soon as this week. More news to follow..."
skottichan
Mar 31, 11:12 PM
It seems that once the address bar starts glitching, spaces starts acting up too.1. The volume icon in the upper right finally displays the proper volume again.
2. The Wifi icon was stuck on displaying the time since last reboot if you were connected to a router of Apple manufacture.
3. Safari doesn't seem as RAM-heavy but the split processes (Safari vs. Safari Web Content) allows the latter to be killed if it consumes too much RAM to reset that to zero.
2. The Wifi icon was stuck on displaying the time since last reboot if you were connected to a router of Apple manufacture.
3. Safari doesn't seem as RAM-heavy but the split processes (Safari vs. Safari Web Content) allows the latter to be killed if it consumes too much RAM to reset that to zero.
flopticalcube
Apr 9, 05:01 PM
Yes. Left or right hand drive. I prefer a right hand drive manual as I'm left handed. Lucky for me they moved the stick shift to the middle of the car from the outside many years ago.
MicroByte
Sep 14, 12:21 PM
I went to BB yesterday and I saw the Grip Vue, but I was disappointed that they only have sharp colors. What happened to the colors from the 2G/3G??
No kidding! You would have thourhg a basic color would have been included in the line up!
I'm tempted by the green now, it would definitely be easier for me to find around the house when I misplace it!
No kidding! You would have thourhg a basic color would have been included in the line up!
I'm tempted by the green now, it would definitely be easier for me to find around the house when I misplace it!
MacHamster68
Apr 9, 11:14 PM
i too have no problems with gear sticks on both sides of the road , i actually prefer to have the gear stick on my left side , despite i learned to drive with that gear stick to my right as i lived then in Germany and all cars i had had been fitted that way ..until i crossed the channel and bought a car in the UK
but the future is automatic as in 10 years only people with a income of over �100000pa will be able to afford to run a fossil fuel powered car (prediction for europe with in latest years 30pence/cent annually increase in mind i guess liter price of �5 in 2020 )anyway and electro engines need no gear sticks at all
but the future is automatic as in 10 years only people with a income of over �100000pa will be able to afford to run a fossil fuel powered car (prediction for europe with in latest years 30pence/cent annually increase in mind i guess liter price of �5 in 2020 )anyway and electro engines need no gear sticks at all
*LTD*
Apr 22, 07:43 PM
Why is it necessary to keep your location a secret? What are Google and Apple going to do to you? What *exactly* and *specifically* is there to be afraid of?
Your location is *never* a secret, unless you're the President and it's a national crisis.
What, are you worried that Apple and Google saw you shop at Target? LOL
Your location is *never* a secret, unless you're the President and it's a national crisis.
What, are you worried that Apple and Google saw you shop at Target? LOL
Dr.Gargoyle
Aug 29, 11:31 AM
My dream mini has a HD-DVD player, HDMI/DVI out, optical audio out (mainly important for those that want to connect to a surround sound receiver) and add some Netflix-like movie download subscription service added to iTunes. Put those together with space for a 3.5" hard drive and run Front Row 2.0 and I'd be psyched.
I really want the Mac Mini to be a basic TV hub device. It doesn't have to have a DVR, cable card slots or TV tuners built-in. Sure, if Apple could build an all-in-one box that's better than my HR10-250 (HD Tivo for DirecTV) or the upcoming Series 3 from Tivo that would be great. But for now I'd be happy with one box for TV watching (HR10-250) and one box for everything else (DVDs, music, movie downloading, casual web surfing).
I would like to see a "media center" with a basic built-in TV-tuner so I could use it as a TIVO. It cant be that hard to add a TV-tuner...
I really want the Mac Mini to be a basic TV hub device. It doesn't have to have a DVR, cable card slots or TV tuners built-in. Sure, if Apple could build an all-in-one box that's better than my HR10-250 (HD Tivo for DirecTV) or the upcoming Series 3 from Tivo that would be great. But for now I'd be happy with one box for TV watching (HR10-250) and one box for everything else (DVDs, music, movie downloading, casual web surfing).
I would like to see a "media center" with a basic built-in TV-tuner so I could use it as a TIVO. It cant be that hard to add a TV-tuner...
aiqw9182
Apr 12, 09:13 PM
This all started just because I said I hope Final Cut doesn't turn into iMovie. Somehow that turned into iMovie is pro and Final Cut is the Model T of editing.
No, it didn't. It turned into you complaining about iMovie's layout. Now let's try not to clog up this thread and enjoy the show.
No, it didn't. It turned into you complaining about iMovie's layout. Now let's try not to clog up this thread and enjoy the show.
iJawn108
Aug 24, 08:11 PM
I really need some new macsso i can start using.
Conroe iMac would be an imediate purchase from me.
Conroe iMac would be an imediate purchase from me.
-aggie-
Sep 14, 09:21 AM
Consumer Reports says "we still think the same thing" for the third time and that's first page news? Sounds more like they're fishing for free publicity.
Anyway, when a reviewing organization "doesn't recommend" what I consider the best phone I've ever owned, it sounds more like I shouldn't bother paying attention to that reviewing organization. Their taste just isn't relevant to mine.
This is exactly what I thought when I read the OP. They stated they couldn't recommend the iPhone 4, even if it had bumpers, and now without bumpers they can't recommend it, because it won't have bumpers.
Anyway, when a reviewing organization "doesn't recommend" what I consider the best phone I've ever owned, it sounds more like I shouldn't bother paying attention to that reviewing organization. Their taste just isn't relevant to mine.
This is exactly what I thought when I read the OP. They stated they couldn't recommend the iPhone 4, even if it had bumpers, and now without bumpers they can't recommend it, because it won't have bumpers.
WeegieMac
Apr 2, 12:55 PM
THANK YOU!
---
safari got some fixes to it seems, scrolling works smoother and doesn't get stuck on pages with lots of pics or vids and the error with not being able to type anything unless u close safari seems to be fixed as well.
I find Safari 5.1 far better than Safari 5.0.4 on Snow Leopard.
---
safari got some fixes to it seems, scrolling works smoother and doesn't get stuck on pages with lots of pics or vids and the error with not being able to type anything unless u close safari seems to be fixed as well.
I find Safari 5.1 far better than Safari 5.0.4 on Snow Leopard.
tangerineyum
Jul 13, 10:38 PM
So, how long till it comes to laptops? :D
And on top of that, its only going to be a viewer, right? I mean have they created any Blu-ray burners, yet?
I really don't want to buy a Macbook Pro until it has Merom, 802.11n, and blue-ray, cause I know those are all going to be standard in less than a year and I can't afford to have a crippled laptop for 3 yrs.
Hopefully it won't be too far, I've saved enough cash.
all going to be standard ? how long did it take for wireless g and dvd burners to become standard? :rolleyes:
And on top of that, its only going to be a viewer, right? I mean have they created any Blu-ray burners, yet?
I really don't want to buy a Macbook Pro until it has Merom, 802.11n, and blue-ray, cause I know those are all going to be standard in less than a year and I can't afford to have a crippled laptop for 3 yrs.
Hopefully it won't be too far, I've saved enough cash.
all going to be standard ? how long did it take for wireless g and dvd burners to become standard? :rolleyes:
eidrunner247
Sep 6, 09:43 AM
The 24" iMac can be upgraded to a 7600GT video card. Anyone know how decent that is? What about the x1600?
dextertangocci
Jul 15, 01:03 PM
As to just web-surfing.... In the time of few years my internet-connection has moved from 512KB to 8MB. I could go to 12 or 24MB right now. The speed-increase has been FAST.
Wow. In South Africa the fastest internet connection we have is 1MB, or if you get HSDPA, 1.*MB:o :( :rolleyes: Plus it's a RIP OFF!!:mad:
Wow. In South Africa the fastest internet connection we have is 1MB, or if you get HSDPA, 1.*MB:o :( :rolleyes: Plus it's a RIP OFF!!:mad:
Squire
Jan 12, 07:26 AM
I actually like the name. Anyone else? :D
Yeah! Me, too. People better get used to it. If I recall correctly, MacRumors is pretty accurate when publishing rumors from their own sources.
-Squire
Yeah! Me, too. People better get used to it. If I recall correctly, MacRumors is pretty accurate when publishing rumors from their own sources.
-Squire
archurban
Nov 29, 04:44 AM
after two weeks, zune price is little bit down already. now it's not $249 anymore. you can get it $200 with $40 gift card at circuit city. it's started to get cheaper, and finally will go to dumping. :D
I don't care amazon selling rank because zune is already shown negative selling point.
I can't believe that MS still holds J. Allard as a big ruling leader. xbox is finally successful after 5 years (sort of). so until that time, MS lost tons of money. ironically it's not because of xbox itself but associated game developers who created cool battle games which had hit in the market. then it was triggered Live game which is not the first time by MS. Korean company already did.
Zune will be following the same way. but it will be more difficult than game. why? they must compete with Apple. unlikely other companies, Apple has totally different strategy, and very secured. the company leads industry standard all the time. little later, the rest of companies follow. when iTV will be sold next year, Xbox movie or TV shows service will get very big impact. I am sure.
I don't care amazon selling rank because zune is already shown negative selling point.
I can't believe that MS still holds J. Allard as a big ruling leader. xbox is finally successful after 5 years (sort of). so until that time, MS lost tons of money. ironically it's not because of xbox itself but associated game developers who created cool battle games which had hit in the market. then it was triggered Live game which is not the first time by MS. Korean company already did.
Zune will be following the same way. but it will be more difficult than game. why? they must compete with Apple. unlikely other companies, Apple has totally different strategy, and very secured. the company leads industry standard all the time. little later, the rest of companies follow. when iTV will be sold next year, Xbox movie or TV shows service will get very big impact. I am sure.
tmornini
Jul 20, 01:10 AM
This is excellent. iPod sales are slowing down however this is to be expected. Nice to see the Mac sales well above the million mark.
iPod sales GROWTH is slowing, but iPod sales are still speeding up.
30% more than same quarter last year...
iPod sales GROWTH is slowing, but iPod sales are still speeding up.
30% more than same quarter last year...
lyzardking
May 8, 11:44 AM
wait, so are you running a3's on your 09s? or bigadv units?
also, congrats to whiterabbit for 15 million points!
a3's on the '08
-bigadv on the '09s (they occasionally pickup an a3)
Sorry about the confusion (I should reread what I type) :o
also, congrats to whiterabbit for 15 million points!
a3's on the '08
-bigadv on the '09s (they occasionally pickup an a3)
Sorry about the confusion (I should reread what I type) :o
CEAbiscuit
Nov 27, 01:43 PM
After using a 23, the 20 seems small. If someone is looking for an allin one solution, instead of a mini and a monitor, they should just get an iMac. The move makes no sense.
ImNoSuperMan
Aug 29, 09:02 AM
Mac mini not getting Meroms might also mean MB wont get Meroms any time soon too. Hopefully Apple will put Meroms in MBP only. So that I can sell my MB without much loss and buy a merom MBP:D
No comments:
Post a Comment