syklee26
Sep 7, 10:22 AM
order it from newegg! $20 cheaper
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832110004
or get the family pack. only $45 more than what apple wants for the cheap single license haha
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832110003
i don't think buying family pack for .Mac gives you 5 licenses. i think it's more like spliting one .mac account to 5.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832110004
or get the family pack. only $45 more than what apple wants for the cheap single license haha
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832110003
i don't think buying family pack for .Mac gives you 5 licenses. i think it's more like spliting one .mac account to 5.
sjo
Nov 29, 03:13 AM
People forget that MS has dominated pretty much every market they enter. Whether it be PDAs, PC desktops, Office software suites, internet browsers, and gaming (did I miss any other markets?).
Hmmmm, I'd say only the ones they haven't ended up dominating :rolleyes:
Like mobile phones, web servers, creativity software, games, game consoles, personal financial software, search, etc.
Hmmmm, I'd say only the ones they haven't ended up dominating :rolleyes:
Like mobile phones, web servers, creativity software, games, game consoles, personal financial software, search, etc.
Uofmtiger
Jan 11, 11:56 PM
Both the 1 series and the 3 series are really common where I live (Los Angeles, CA). I'm not a big guy, so the inside of a car being small has never bothered me at all. Personally, I didn't get the 335i coupe because my parents didn't want me have a coupe for a first car, and the G37S sedan was nicer looking, $10,000 less and about 95% of what the 3 series would give me. (plus, since I'm obviously not going to keep my first car for that long, I wanted something to look forward to when I upgrade... hopefully a 335iS coupe or something along that price range).
Even in LA, I would be surprised if the 3 series did not outnumber the 1 series by at least a 10 to 1 margin. The 3 series usually sells about 10 times more cars than the 1 series, then when you add the number of threes on the road before the 1 was ever made... it is a much more common vehicle. Not saying anything is wrong with that, it is popular for good reason. I doubt I have purchased my last 3 series, I just think the 1 series is much less common than the 3...and the sales #s agree.
Even in LA, I would be surprised if the 3 series did not outnumber the 1 series by at least a 10 to 1 margin. The 3 series usually sells about 10 times more cars than the 1 series, then when you add the number of threes on the road before the 1 was ever made... it is a much more common vehicle. Not saying anything is wrong with that, it is popular for good reason. I doubt I have purchased my last 3 series, I just think the 1 series is much less common than the 3...and the sales #s agree.
Unspeaked
Aug 29, 12:34 PM
If the MacBook and Mini stay with core 1 CPUs, sales will grind to a halt.
I don't understand the people who say stuff like this, and HAVE been saying stuff like this for months.
Look - most of the people who buy MacBooks and Minis don't even know what type of CPU they have.
The obsessive 5% of Mac users that live their lives on MacRumors (which, admittedly, I'm a part of) will put off a purchase for months waiting for their dream processor to show up in a Stevenote.
The 95% of Mac users living in the real world go to the Apple Store and buy a computer. They don't know, nor do they care, if some new Intel processor is in the works. Heck, I bet a lot of them don't even know Apple's using Intel chips now.
I have a buddy who just bought a MacBook Pro last week. I told him the Core 2 Duos are imminent, and he didn't care.
You think the kids going to the Apple store with mom and dad, ready to buy a MacBook, are going to run to Best Buy instead to pick up an HP notebook because it has a Core 2 Duo and the MacBook has a Core Duo? I highly doubt it. In fact, it's ridiculous.
They want the MacBook because it looks cool, it's what those trendy ads talk about, it works well with their iPod, etc, etc.
Ask the majority of MacBook and Mini owners where in level of importance they place the rev of Intel processor that's inside their computer and I bet most of them give a blank stare and go, "huh?"
I don't understand the people who say stuff like this, and HAVE been saying stuff like this for months.
Look - most of the people who buy MacBooks and Minis don't even know what type of CPU they have.
The obsessive 5% of Mac users that live their lives on MacRumors (which, admittedly, I'm a part of) will put off a purchase for months waiting for their dream processor to show up in a Stevenote.
The 95% of Mac users living in the real world go to the Apple Store and buy a computer. They don't know, nor do they care, if some new Intel processor is in the works. Heck, I bet a lot of them don't even know Apple's using Intel chips now.
I have a buddy who just bought a MacBook Pro last week. I told him the Core 2 Duos are imminent, and he didn't care.
You think the kids going to the Apple store with mom and dad, ready to buy a MacBook, are going to run to Best Buy instead to pick up an HP notebook because it has a Core 2 Duo and the MacBook has a Core Duo? I highly doubt it. In fact, it's ridiculous.
They want the MacBook because it looks cool, it's what those trendy ads talk about, it works well with their iPod, etc, etc.
Ask the majority of MacBook and Mini owners where in level of importance they place the rev of Intel processor that's inside their computer and I bet most of them give a blank stare and go, "huh?"
aquajet
Aug 31, 04:03 PM
Acording the story in the link I posted above, it's happened to at least one person so far. That may be what they're going for with the Mini's. Would they do the same thing with C2D and MBP's, MB's, etc.?
I can't recall Apple ever doing this on any machine besides the mini. I hope it's just an oversight of some sort. Regardless, I can already feel the pressure mounting in my brain...
I can't recall Apple ever doing this on any machine besides the mini. I hope it's just an oversight of some sort. Regardless, I can already feel the pressure mounting in my brain...
Rocketman
Jan 3, 03:30 PM
Anyway do you guys think a ultra portable Apple laptop is in the works?
Like say a 12 inch Macbook Pro?
I for one don't. I think what the rumors are referring to is a "netboot" device over wi-max (and Edge or its replacement) in a handheld form factor.
32gb or so of flash or P-RAM local storage would allow reasobable pre-fetch of 1/4HD and any streams you are following. Computer apps take a small fraction of the storage and bandwidth of video apps. Plenty of room for battery in such a device too per Shuffle.
This addresses the ultra-portable market, the post newton market, the video iPod market (mobile TiVo), the iChat and text message market, and the crackberry replacement market.
Think about it. You are talking with Apple's or your server, or a Google server of all your content of all types on a device capable of mobile broadband and reasonable display (perhaps 1/4 HD). You have earbuds in too.
Rocketman
Like say a 12 inch Macbook Pro?
I for one don't. I think what the rumors are referring to is a "netboot" device over wi-max (and Edge or its replacement) in a handheld form factor.
32gb or so of flash or P-RAM local storage would allow reasobable pre-fetch of 1/4HD and any streams you are following. Computer apps take a small fraction of the storage and bandwidth of video apps. Plenty of room for battery in such a device too per Shuffle.
This addresses the ultra-portable market, the post newton market, the video iPod market (mobile TiVo), the iChat and text message market, and the crackberry replacement market.
Think about it. You are talking with Apple's or your server, or a Google server of all your content of all types on a device capable of mobile broadband and reasonable display (perhaps 1/4 HD). You have earbuds in too.
Rocketman
yg17
Apr 11, 02:26 PM
IMO, if a gearbox has a setting where it will automatically shift gears for you and you don't have to touch it, it's an automatic gearbox.
Sure, some auto gearboxes (DSG) are better than others (torque converter) but they're still automatic.
Sure, some auto gearboxes (DSG) are better than others (torque converter) but they're still automatic.
tickmo
Sep 1, 03:00 PM
A 23" home theater screen? Umm.......
umm.. what? My wife and i already watch 99% of anything directly on our iMac G5 20". It looks great, no problem with the size. Of course our apartment is very small :)
as always more is better but less is still pretty good!
umm.. what? My wife and i already watch 99% of anything directly on our iMac G5 20". It looks great, no problem with the size. Of course our apartment is very small :)
as always more is better but less is still pretty good!
108
Oct 24, 03:34 AM
i will be asleep when they sell the new hardware, if it happens
is anyone willing to ring my (japanese) cellular phone if there's good news?
. . . probably not?
is anyone willing to ring my (japanese) cellular phone if there's good news?
. . . probably not?
blueflame
Sep 6, 09:22 PM
I think everyone is obsessing about quality. someone here said earlier that its about convinience. these are going to be the same resoluition as the tv shows, and cost 3.99. i actually dont think they will be letting you burn it on a disk either. I agree that a movie rental system is the way to go. but honestly, for these prices, i can get through time warner all the on demand stations, (stars, stars2, cinemax, showtime, and like 3 hbo channels.) this is the future, there is no waiting to download anything, this model is waht for all reality needs to be used, then if you like the movie enough, you pay $15 for you to burn it to one dvd only (comes with label pictures and cover) maybe they even mail you the emtpy case. for that price, they will afford it.) anywy. maybe this set top box everyone wants is some sort of propriatary thing they are making like tivo, with a burner, from an apple cable server, with an ipod port. I like it. but this is such an exciting time.
A
A
trekkie604
Feb 19, 08:01 PM
Hasn't changed too much this time around:
http://link.trekcubed.com/trekmb_Feb2011_s.jpg (http://link.trekcubed.com/trekmb_Feb2011.jpg)
http://link.trekcubed.com/trekmb_Feb2011_s.jpg (http://link.trekcubed.com/trekmb_Feb2011.jpg)
CRAZYBUBBA
Jan 11, 07:59 PM
added a line to the article...
"- It will be called the MacBook Air"
arn
worst-name-ever. i hope that it's anything but "macbook air"
"- It will be called the MacBook Air"
arn
worst-name-ever. i hope that it's anything but "macbook air"
ImNoSuperMan
Sep 6, 08:42 AM
Still cant see any sign of MBPs.*weeps*
Maybe next tuesday...
Maybe next tuesday...
Lord Blackadder
Mar 1, 07:41 PM
in germany though it means you are banned from the left lane if it takes you so long to hit 200 ;)
Apparently the diesel Cruze tops out at 210 km/h (130ish mph); I'm somewhat surprised it goes that fast, though it has decent power and torque. My 1999 Nissan Altima manual was governed to 120mph, and although I did hit 120 in it once (:o), it had over 1500rpms left before redline, so it could probably have hit 130mph or more.
Apparently the diesel Cruze tops out at 210 km/h (130ish mph); I'm somewhat surprised it goes that fast, though it has decent power and torque. My 1999 Nissan Altima manual was governed to 120mph, and although I did hit 120 in it once (:o), it had over 1500rpms left before redline, so it could probably have hit 130mph or more.
razzmatazz
Aug 6, 09:49 PM
They did at WWDC '04 (when Tiger was introduced) with slogans like "Redmond, Start Your Photocopiers" and the word "Longhorn" in the Spotlight search field. ;)
Yea I remember watching that one. I thought that was pretty funny!:D
Yea I remember watching that one. I thought that was pretty funny!:D
Earendil
Nov 27, 02:58 PM
But in reality, I don't think a 17" is Apple's answer. Lowering the prices of the current model lineup is indeed the way to go. I've been one of the biggest bitchers about Apple's price point on LCD's for years now. That 20" LCD should not be anymore than $299. Plain and simple...simple and plain!
You people are incorrigible. I do hope people start reading the thread or doing some research before anyone else makes a fool of themselves.
Apple LCDs are not worth the extra price tag as long as you do your home work before purchasing an LCD monitor from a different company.
A little homework, Aye? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=252327).
That's funny, I was thinking the same thing...
Why do I find so much joy in pointing out other peoples ignorance and feeding them their own lines... I should be a college professor :rolleyes:
You people are incorrigible. I do hope people start reading the thread or doing some research before anyone else makes a fool of themselves.
Apple LCDs are not worth the extra price tag as long as you do your home work before purchasing an LCD monitor from a different company.
A little homework, Aye? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=252327).
That's funny, I was thinking the same thing...
Why do I find so much joy in pointing out other peoples ignorance and feeding them their own lines... I should be a college professor :rolleyes:
thedarkhorse
Apr 12, 10:36 PM
There's an immensely good reason to learn the new interface, Speed.
wal9000
Oct 23, 08:43 AM
MacGadget.de (German) (http://www.macgadget.de/) reports that MacBook Pro upgrades could take place as early as this week. Expected updates include Core 2 Duo upgrades as has long been expected as well as larger drives, FW800, and upgraded DVD drives.
Starting to feel about as likely as flying saucers...
http://www.wal9000.aonservers.com/hostedpics/mbp_wanttobelieve.jpg
Starting to feel about as likely as flying saucers...
http://www.wal9000.aonservers.com/hostedpics/mbp_wanttobelieve.jpg
partyBoy
Nov 28, 05:23 PM
One of the most UNDERrated games...it is awesome
FoxMcCloud
Mar 22, 04:27 PM
220GB would tie in nicely with 24 bit songs.
FireStar
Oct 2, 07:37 PM
My quest for the perfect case continues...... :(
I would suggest anything Switcheasy. (Even though they don't have anything out yet.) I think I'm going to get a BSE and a Griffin Reveal. But that's just me. Belkin looks promising....
I would suggest anything Switcheasy. (Even though they don't have anything out yet.) I think I'm going to get a BSE and a Griffin Reveal. But that's just me. Belkin looks promising....
VanNess
Jul 20, 02:27 AM
Most likely it would work exactly like how a normal streamed QuickTime movie downloads. It buffers for a few minutes, and then you can start watching it, and it downloads in the background, and saves it to file letting you watch it again for X times/days. This is exactly how Movielink works.
Ah, ok, thanks for the info. I never used Movielink and I'm not familiar with it. I've never steamed any content that would even approximate the length of a hollywood movie, with the possible exception of S. Jobs keynotes. So far, H264 seems to serve those very well. (Except for the first week or so, when it seems the server is bombarded.) In any event, I don't think that content is actually downloaded to disk as its streamed.
On the other hand, movie trailers (like Apple Quicktime trailers) are downloaded in the background to some secret location on the disk as they are watched, and, although they usually perform well, occasionally they hiccup (stall momentarily) for whatever reason (traffic, general internet latency), sometimes even the regular non-HD ones. So if Movielink has figured out a way to provide a bulletproof buffer for streaming high-quality (DVD) content over regular US DSL, great. Maybe Apple can one-up them with even higher, H264 quality.
But if the stream ever stalls, even momentarily, count me out. My gauge for judging (and accepting) any online Movie service is that it must meet or exceed the present terrestrial-based DVD experience. There is a local DVD rental store within 2 blocks of where I live. That modest, unassuming little establishment happens to be Apple's and Movielink's greatest competition in my book. They have to give me a compelling reason not to go there.
Ah, ok, thanks for the info. I never used Movielink and I'm not familiar with it. I've never steamed any content that would even approximate the length of a hollywood movie, with the possible exception of S. Jobs keynotes. So far, H264 seems to serve those very well. (Except for the first week or so, when it seems the server is bombarded.) In any event, I don't think that content is actually downloaded to disk as its streamed.
On the other hand, movie trailers (like Apple Quicktime trailers) are downloaded in the background to some secret location on the disk as they are watched, and, although they usually perform well, occasionally they hiccup (stall momentarily) for whatever reason (traffic, general internet latency), sometimes even the regular non-HD ones. So if Movielink has figured out a way to provide a bulletproof buffer for streaming high-quality (DVD) content over regular US DSL, great. Maybe Apple can one-up them with even higher, H264 quality.
But if the stream ever stalls, even momentarily, count me out. My gauge for judging (and accepting) any online Movie service is that it must meet or exceed the present terrestrial-based DVD experience. There is a local DVD rental store within 2 blocks of where I live. That modest, unassuming little establishment happens to be Apple's and Movielink's greatest competition in my book. They have to give me a compelling reason not to go there.
Gem�tlichkeit
Apr 3, 10:27 AM
IMHO, I dislike it. I don't like the guy's voice which sounds phony and overly-reverential. Once you call something you make magical it automatically sucks any magic it may have had out. And the ad is saccharine to me. I generally hate Apple ads but enjoy their products.
I know that's your opinion but you really are missing the whole point of the Ad.
It's like critiquing the way a piece of art looks based on the frame it's in and not the art itself.
I know that's your opinion but you really are missing the whole point of the Ad.
It's like critiquing the way a piece of art looks based on the frame it's in and not the art itself.
iJohnHenry
Mar 2, 04:57 PM
the fact that after the second generation Jetta, VW had to rename the car in germany/europe (Bora, Vento) and still had lousy sales there, should have been a warning sign
the last few generations of the jetta have been absolute rubbish ... i hoping this new generation is actually better
Mexico may come around, in time.
Japan sure did, Korea has, and China is well on it's way.
the last few generations of the jetta have been absolute rubbish ... i hoping this new generation is actually better
Mexico may come around, in time.
Japan sure did, Korea has, and China is well on it's way.
No comments:
Post a Comment