ajkrause
Sep 1, 02:47 PM
if it gets bigger, does it get thinner?
Never thought I'd say this but... I hope so.
Never thought I'd say this but... I hope so.
generik
Sep 6, 05:10 PM
Ah, I misunderstood. Well, it shouldn't be a surprise. At some point even the $599 mini will have a chip faster than yours. That's just the way things go.
There's a good reason apple didn't go Core2 on the mini...it would make it too close to the new minitower they'll be announcing soon!
Good thinking! That's the spirit?
There's a good reason apple didn't go Core2 on the mini...it would make it too close to the new minitower they'll be announcing soon!
Good thinking! That's the spirit?
toaoc
Mar 25, 07:25 AM
...is an ipod that is just about music and nothing else. and yeah the sound quality of the classic thats out right now does suck...i'd like to see improved battery life, higher quality chips (DAC, amps,...), digital output, maybe airplay - and all of that in a sexy, indestructable metal case with a click wheel and a small non touch display...
skiltrip
Oct 6, 01:07 PM
That looks great! I too am thinking about getting the Belkin Grip Vue. My BestBuy currently has all the colors in stock. Looks like the night sky is the hot seller there.
Question.. Just how big of deal is it that the volume and sleep buttons are covered? Just looks like it would be sort of a pain in the butt to push through the material to get to and then push the buttons, or is it less squishy than it looks??
The volume buttons are a little stiff, though the sleep/wake button is perfect. I'm hoping the volume buttons will loosen up a bit over time. I can adjust them pretty easily with my pointer finger when held in my right hand, but I can't do it very well with my thumb when holding in my left hand.
For what it's worth, I think part of the reason for the stiff feel of the volume buttons is the actual angled placement of the volume buttons on the iPod touch itself. They are awkward to press sometimes as it is, even without a case, so a case just exacerbates this. Even with that I still like the case a lot. And I do believe the material around the volume buttons will break in over time and become easier to press.
I Also just ordered a black Grip Vue (Tint) from Belkin's website ($24, free shipping). Basically the Grip Vue, but the semi see thru type , in a smokey black. I'll put up some pics when I get it.
Here's the stock image from Belkin's website, and the actual page link...
http://www.belkin.com/images/product/F8Z657-C00_RND/FUL1_F8Z657-C00_RND.jpg
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=519989#
Question.. Just how big of deal is it that the volume and sleep buttons are covered? Just looks like it would be sort of a pain in the butt to push through the material to get to and then push the buttons, or is it less squishy than it looks??
The volume buttons are a little stiff, though the sleep/wake button is perfect. I'm hoping the volume buttons will loosen up a bit over time. I can adjust them pretty easily with my pointer finger when held in my right hand, but I can't do it very well with my thumb when holding in my left hand.
For what it's worth, I think part of the reason for the stiff feel of the volume buttons is the actual angled placement of the volume buttons on the iPod touch itself. They are awkward to press sometimes as it is, even without a case, so a case just exacerbates this. Even with that I still like the case a lot. And I do believe the material around the volume buttons will break in over time and become easier to press.
I Also just ordered a black Grip Vue (Tint) from Belkin's website ($24, free shipping). Basically the Grip Vue, but the semi see thru type , in a smokey black. I'll put up some pics when I get it.
Here's the stock image from Belkin's website, and the actual page link...
http://www.belkin.com/images/product/F8Z657-C00_RND/FUL1_F8Z657-C00_RND.jpg
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=519989#
twoodcc
Oct 5, 10:30 PM
Congrats, keep the bigadv coming!
thanks. like i said, i'll have them coming when it gets colder. but it looks like mc68k will keep them coming
EDIT: and congrats to you! over 2 million now!
thanks. like i said, i'll have them coming when it gets colder. but it looks like mc68k will keep them coming
EDIT: and congrats to you! over 2 million now!
Evangelion
Aug 29, 12:25 PM
I know this is off topic...
yes it is, and you already entioned it another discussion. and there is aready a dedicated discussion about it. so why spam this thread?
yes it is, and you already entioned it another discussion. and there is aready a dedicated discussion about it. so why spam this thread?
Billy Boo Bob
Jan 2, 02:57 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some Skype integration alongside the cell... When in range of a Wi-Fi, be a Skype phone (optional)... When out of Wi-Fi range, work as a cell.
Granted, it's not as smooth sounding as a real cell phone, but the way the kids in the house burn up minutes during the day, I'd rather have them use Skype so they can call their friends all they want. That is when they are wanting to talk privately (like most of the time) rather than use MSN Messenger. Maybe some Wi-Fi / Bluetooth option to use it through audio iChat, too. :-)
I doubt that they would do that, though. Especially if they end up being a virtual carrier... They'll want you to use up minutes like any cell carrier.
Granted, it's not as smooth sounding as a real cell phone, but the way the kids in the house burn up minutes during the day, I'd rather have them use Skype so they can call their friends all they want. That is when they are wanting to talk privately (like most of the time) rather than use MSN Messenger. Maybe some Wi-Fi / Bluetooth option to use it through audio iChat, too. :-)
I doubt that they would do that, though. Especially if they end up being a virtual carrier... They'll want you to use up minutes like any cell carrier.
iTravis
Apr 12, 09:26 PM
I found this audio stream of the keynote. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/foxtrotyankee
It hiccups now and then but not awful.
That hasn't worked for me in the past 10 Minutes.
I guess the pictures will suffice for now.
It hiccups now and then but not awful.
That hasn't worked for me in the past 10 Minutes.
I guess the pictures will suffice for now.
Eraserhead
Mar 19, 07:39 AM
Well given there is a UN resolution in favour its not a coalition of the willing.
finchna
Aug 24, 09:53 PM
any ideas for specs?
jakeacc
Mar 25, 03:56 PM
And just like that, Apple has snuck itself into the living room game console biz.
Habakuk
Mar 26, 03:13 AM
touchArcade wrote (http://toucharcade.com/2011/03/25/digging-into-ipad-2s-hdmi-out-and-what-it-means-for-games/): "…clean digital signal while the VGA and component cables provide analog output only (and lack audio information)."
This is not true. The component (and composite) cable provides audio. The VGA does not. It's okay that the small iDevices offer multiple video out (and audio out) options:
- Headphone out
- Docks (balanced analog audio out only)
- Component cable
- Composite cable (not compatible with Component)
- VGA adapter
- HDMI
- and last but not least wireless Apple TV 2
They all offer different options and techniques for different purposes. Digital/analog, CRT TV sets, balanced/unbalanced audio, mirroring or not. Serves for just viewing your photos and videos, for DJs, VJs, video editing, presentations etc.
I am using them frequently. There should be an article that points out the differences. I am sure even the software devs don't know exactly everything on that topic.
This is not true. The component (and composite) cable provides audio. The VGA does not. It's okay that the small iDevices offer multiple video out (and audio out) options:
- Headphone out
- Docks (balanced analog audio out only)
- Component cable
- Composite cable (not compatible with Component)
- VGA adapter
- HDMI
- and last but not least wireless Apple TV 2
They all offer different options and techniques for different purposes. Digital/analog, CRT TV sets, balanced/unbalanced audio, mirroring or not. Serves for just viewing your photos and videos, for DJs, VJs, video editing, presentations etc.
I am using them frequently. There should be an article that points out the differences. I am sure even the software devs don't know exactly everything on that topic.
aethier
Apr 15, 04:41 PM
What you are possibly forgetting is that although, yes, Apple's market share may be shrinking, the market it self - the number of units actualy shifted - is growing at massive rates. I don't really have to explain percentages now do I, it is obvious that 1.7% or whatever it is of 10,000,000 (a figure pulled from the air, I have NO idea how many units are shifted :)) is a much higher number than say 5% of 1,000,000. Apple is shifting more units - may not be computers, iPods are obviously helping Apple to succeed, and do remember that some of these iPod users are going to like the thing so much that they start taking a healthy interest in the rest of Apple's product range.
yes, iPod out sold CPU's this quarter... But they still don't make as much money, as they are cheaper. the 807 thousand ipods sold this quarter count for only 15% of Apple's profit, whereas the 779000 (around that) (up 5% from this quarter last year) count for more then 45% of thier profit..
aethier
yes, iPod out sold CPU's this quarter... But they still don't make as much money, as they are cheaper. the 807 thousand ipods sold this quarter count for only 15% of Apple's profit, whereas the 779000 (around that) (up 5% from this quarter last year) count for more then 45% of thier profit..
aethier
blevins321
Mar 22, 04:32 PM
Do people seriously have that many songs?!!! seriously?!!!
220gb = 50,000 songs?!!!!! That is totally not necessary.
Apple discontinue that dinosaur! It makes you look bad to just have it on your website.
Not just songs. Could be used with a media dock for movies and TV shows too. And don't say Apple TV2. I mean away from your home.
220gb = 50,000 songs?!!!!! That is totally not necessary.
Apple discontinue that dinosaur! It makes you look bad to just have it on your website.
Not just songs. Could be used with a media dock for movies and TV shows too. And don't say Apple TV2. I mean away from your home.
Rodimus Prime
Apr 23, 01:09 AM
for all your defending of this feature ... can you give me even one positive reason this is good for the average person that out-weighs the negative ones ... just one
That is a good question.
I have a huge issue with how it is done and the fact that you can not opt out of it. On top of that Apple has piss poor protection of the file and Apple history at security is not exactly the best.
There should be a way to opt out. But collecting them with out my choice is an issue.
I trust Google a hell of a lot more with the info and being more up front about it then Apple and I do not trust Google that much.
If LTD wants an example other wise you can see companies start using these feature on the phones to track employees at all time and what they do. Or in court cases them being pulled it to use against one spouse in a mess divorce.
Spying on ones spouse is another example.
That is a good question.
I have a huge issue with how it is done and the fact that you can not opt out of it. On top of that Apple has piss poor protection of the file and Apple history at security is not exactly the best.
There should be a way to opt out. But collecting them with out my choice is an issue.
I trust Google a hell of a lot more with the info and being more up front about it then Apple and I do not trust Google that much.
If LTD wants an example other wise you can see companies start using these feature on the phones to track employees at all time and what they do. Or in court cases them being pulled it to use against one spouse in a mess divorce.
Spying on ones spouse is another example.
sineplex
Sep 18, 05:51 PM
I got the silicone case today, but then I also decided to go with Belkin Grip Vue.
Silicone case - quite nice and fits well with the iPod Touch.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/4991075021_c700b1aec9_z.jpg
Is that an actual Belkin Silicon case ?
Silicone case - quite nice and fits well with the iPod Touch.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/4991075021_c700b1aec9_z.jpg
Is that an actual Belkin Silicon case ?
aibo82
May 2, 07:46 PM
The furture of apple:
No macbooks.
Hybrid mac iOS tablets

Used SUZUKI FORENZA 2008 for

2006 Suzuki Forenza Woods
No macbooks.
Hybrid mac iOS tablets
Dr.Gargoyle
Sep 6, 12:25 PM
Hmmm... I wouldnt be surprised if we will see a Mac Media (beefed up mini with 3.5'' HD and TV tuner) released the 12th to go with the Movie store.
Three iMacs. Why not three Mac minis?
Three iMacs. Why not three Mac minis?

roland.g
Aug 29, 11:29 AM
IF they go to a 1.66ghz Core Duo, 512mb RAM, GMA950, 80gb 5400rpm HD, SD, AE, and BT model for $599 I'll get one immediately.
You can update the Core Solo to a SD for $50. They won't give a SD to the low end stock. But $50 upgrade isn't bad.
You can update the Core Solo to a SD for $50. They won't give a SD to the low end stock. But $50 upgrade isn't bad.
gkhaldi
Oct 23, 06:53 AM
If it can't support 4gigs of ram, it ain't worth the wait for me.:mad:
PantherJeep
Mar 1, 03:28 PM
That may be true of the huge American diesel truck engines, but go examine a new VW, BMW or Mercedes diesel and you'll see that this is just not the case anymore. They sound a little different, smell a little different, but not worse than gasoline - it's just that we are so used to gas engines that everything else is assumed to be worse somehow.
This. You can barely even smell the exhaust - if at all - even from the new truck engines with DPFs. The Cummins ISB in the Dodge, in particular, is effectively odorless (though they were having durability problems with their DPFs - dunno if that's solved yet or not).
That said though, right this moment I'm very glad I don't have to buy diesel fuel. The price per gallon for #2 is hovering right around $4/gallon (http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=D) at all the stations near me (North San Diego County).
This. You can barely even smell the exhaust - if at all - even from the new truck engines with DPFs. The Cummins ISB in the Dodge, in particular, is effectively odorless (though they were having durability problems with their DPFs - dunno if that's solved yet or not).
That said though, right this moment I'm very glad I don't have to buy diesel fuel. The price per gallon for #2 is hovering right around $4/gallon (http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=D) at all the stations near me (North San Diego County).
kiljoy616
Mar 24, 09:54 PM
i also prefer intel over amd but i think the cheaper models may run on amd in some time
Also considering that they have built in video for the laptops I can't see Apple going of Intel any time. :)
Also considering that they have built in video for the laptops I can't see Apple going of Intel any time. :)
Dagless
Jul 14, 09:06 AM
Yeah! Since this guy doesn't want it, neither do the rest of us!
I don't want it either. does that stop you from wanting it? no. Would I buy a Mac with a BluRay burner as standard with a bumped up cost? no. would I buy a Mac if it had BluRay AND HD-DVD burner with no obvious price bump? yes.
I'm not being tied down to BluRay. I'm not prepared to spend a Mac Pro amount of money on a format that isn't the standard. It's not good business to force us into it like that, I'd rather have HD-DVD burner. What with their lower costs and all.
I don't want it either. does that stop you from wanting it? no. Would I buy a Mac with a BluRay burner as standard with a bumped up cost? no. would I buy a Mac if it had BluRay AND HD-DVD burner with no obvious price bump? yes.
I'm not being tied down to BluRay. I'm not prepared to spend a Mac Pro amount of money on a format that isn't the standard. It's not good business to force us into it like that, I'd rather have HD-DVD burner. What with their lower costs and all.
FireStar
Oct 20, 03:12 PM
i found one that matches a case that i bought for my iphone a while back!
[tIMG]http://thmb.inkfrog.com/thumbn/cimo/itouch4_dualgel_blue_01.jpg=800[/IMG]
snatched it up for 6 bucks! what a deal. i think i might get black next..
Darn. I thought it wasn't generic for a second. But it still looks nice.
[tIMG]http://thmb.inkfrog.com/thumbn/cimo/itouch4_dualgel_blue_01.jpg=800[/IMG]
snatched it up for 6 bucks! what a deal. i think i might get black next..
Darn. I thought it wasn't generic for a second. But it still looks nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment