rdowns
Apr 21, 11:38 AM
How do I +2 Waloshin's posts?
AhmedFaisal
Apr 13, 11:05 AM
So tell me since you seem to be so wise, what would you do to fix this problem? Rather than tear down the current solution how about telling us what you would do to FIX it? We clearly can't get rid of screening as that leaves us open for attack using planes as missles.
Very simple. The way MOSSAD has done it for decades on El Al planes. 2 armed Sky Marshals on the plane. Problem solved. And it's cheaper and less intrusive. The problem is that the airlines don't want to give up 2 business class seats behind the cockpit.
Very simple. The way MOSSAD has done it for decades on El Al planes. 2 armed Sky Marshals on the plane. Problem solved. And it's cheaper and less intrusive. The problem is that the airlines don't want to give up 2 business class seats behind the cockpit.
leekohler
Mar 3, 08:30 PM
Wow. This is the boldest the GOP has been in a while. Not even trying to hide the fact that they're just trying to do away with union rights and the right to organize.:mad:
Fines for strikes? Is there a link to the actual text of this bill anywhere?
Screw the fines. The jail time is what offends me. Not only that, but they tacked on yet another antigay measure in the bill. The Republicans are committing political suicide.
These are your candidates, Tea party. Look what you've done.
While it's nominally leaving the unions intact, it's telling them that they have no more power over their health care benefits or pensions. Those can be deeply cut or taken away at any time. Other things, like hours worked and days off, will be non-negotiable as well. And while the union is still free to negotiate wages, the single real bargaining tool they have -- striking -- would now be a jailable offense. So they really have no power to negotiate wages either. Everything will essentially be "take it or leave it."
I agree, this is going to swing the state back to the Democrats in 2012. And yes, unless this is defeated in the courts or by a ballot initiative, anybody who wants to be a teacher or a cop or whatever will look elsewhere, outside of Ohio.
This is going to be terrible for our economy.
I have a few friends who are teachers in Ohio. They're ready to pack their bags if this goes through. They will lose their best and brightest, not their worst. Tea Party, this is what you've done. You will be leaving office in droves next election cycle, mark my words.
Fines for strikes? Is there a link to the actual text of this bill anywhere?
Screw the fines. The jail time is what offends me. Not only that, but they tacked on yet another antigay measure in the bill. The Republicans are committing political suicide.
These are your candidates, Tea party. Look what you've done.
While it's nominally leaving the unions intact, it's telling them that they have no more power over their health care benefits or pensions. Those can be deeply cut or taken away at any time. Other things, like hours worked and days off, will be non-negotiable as well. And while the union is still free to negotiate wages, the single real bargaining tool they have -- striking -- would now be a jailable offense. So they really have no power to negotiate wages either. Everything will essentially be "take it or leave it."
I agree, this is going to swing the state back to the Democrats in 2012. And yes, unless this is defeated in the courts or by a ballot initiative, anybody who wants to be a teacher or a cop or whatever will look elsewhere, outside of Ohio.
This is going to be terrible for our economy.
I have a few friends who are teachers in Ohio. They're ready to pack their bags if this goes through. They will lose their best and brightest, not their worst. Tea Party, this is what you've done. You will be leaving office in droves next election cycle, mark my words.
tvguru
Sep 12, 07:35 AM
I'm still waiting for my TV Shows in the UK :(
You and every other non-american. Someday....One can dream.
You and every other non-american. Someday....One can dream.
rdowns
Dec 13, 01:27 PM
How about not even putting it up on the site? My question was why do they have to have a new article for every time someone says that?
As for peeing pants, ok, maybe people aren't peeing their pants. But obviously people care enough to post these this rumor every time another site posts the rumor. I'm just tired of seeing dozens of new articles about this place or that place saying "iPhone on Verizon after Christmas!" Ok, I get it! People expect a Verizon iPhone. Get over it. This is kinda like the Beatles on iTunes, or people talking for months that Michael Jackson died, etc.
Anyone know a good news site that says what has happened and then move on to the next news item? If this is all that MacRumors is going to post, I think it may be time to say goodbye to MacRumors. Just tired of seeing the same rumors repeated over & over again.
See, the thing about rumors is you don't make them up, you can only publish what you're given or what others put on their site. If MR didn't publish it, they'd get **** for that too.
I'm as tired of the Verizon iPhone rumors as anyone but can't we all agree it's fun to read the fanboys responses?
As for peeing pants, ok, maybe people aren't peeing their pants. But obviously people care enough to post these this rumor every time another site posts the rumor. I'm just tired of seeing dozens of new articles about this place or that place saying "iPhone on Verizon after Christmas!" Ok, I get it! People expect a Verizon iPhone. Get over it. This is kinda like the Beatles on iTunes, or people talking for months that Michael Jackson died, etc.
Anyone know a good news site that says what has happened and then move on to the next news item? If this is all that MacRumors is going to post, I think it may be time to say goodbye to MacRumors. Just tired of seeing the same rumors repeated over & over again.
See, the thing about rumors is you don't make them up, you can only publish what you're given or what others put on their site. If MR didn't publish it, they'd get **** for that too.
I'm as tired of the Verizon iPhone rumors as anyone but can't we all agree it's fun to read the fanboys responses?
Dmac77
Oct 6, 03:21 PM
I honestly don't understand why people are always complaining about AT&T. I and no one else that I know has ever had an issue with AT&T in our area (Ann Arbor, MI). But everyone who has Verizon has issues.
We used to be on Verizon, and we would always get dropped calls. And my friends who are still on Verizon still drop calls all the time.
It's the same if I drive out into the middle of nowhere. (Which me as some friends did recently). I had 3G coverage in the middle of nowhere, but my friend on Verizon had no coverage at all.
And the funny thing is that according to the maps, Verizon is supposed to have better 3G coverage in my area which is total BS.
EDIT: I also forgot to mention the crappy customer service from Verizon. Like the manager at a Verizon store telling my mom to ****** off and die, because she was pissed that there had been a service outage for over a week.
AT&T will bend over backwards for us though. The one time we had a problem (a day long outage) they prorated 25% of our bill for that month, without us even asking.
Don
We used to be on Verizon, and we would always get dropped calls. And my friends who are still on Verizon still drop calls all the time.
It's the same if I drive out into the middle of nowhere. (Which me as some friends did recently). I had 3G coverage in the middle of nowhere, but my friend on Verizon had no coverage at all.
And the funny thing is that according to the maps, Verizon is supposed to have better 3G coverage in my area which is total BS.
EDIT: I also forgot to mention the crappy customer service from Verizon. Like the manager at a Verizon store telling my mom to ****** off and die, because she was pissed that there had been a service outage for over a week.
AT&T will bend over backwards for us though. The one time we had a problem (a day long outage) they prorated 25% of our bill for that month, without us even asking.
Don
leekohler
Apr 25, 07:26 PM
I agree they are idiots and I already stated they should call the cops.
OP, I clicked on the article and the title is different from this thread. I do agree that the employees on duty at McDonald's be held responsible in the beating of a trans woman.
I know. Sloppy on my part, but I had to shorten the title. It would not fit.
OP, I clicked on the article and the title is different from this thread. I do agree that the employees on duty at McDonald's be held responsible in the beating of a trans woman.
I know. Sloppy on my part, but I had to shorten the title. It would not fit.
mcrain
Apr 26, 09:29 AM
It wasn't a skeevy guy, not even remotely.
She was in the right restroom, there is a good option, for her to use the loo appropriate to her gender, female.
I know it wasn't a skeevy guy. What I also know is that transgendered people have to deal with all sorts of problems, including what restroom to use. A transgendered woman going into a women's room should not be treated like a skeevy guy going into a restroom, but it happens. I've seen it happen. I pointed out the comparison to spark a conversation, not to say it's right, but to say the comparison is often made. Either there is a failure of education and tolerance, or some accomodation needst to be made, or maybe security should be better, or something...
Oh, and there are too many people who make unfounded assumptions. This story is proof of that.
Out of curiosity, do you actually know what gender she was? Was she post-op? Pre-op? Does it matter? I think a woman sitting in a stall might freak out by someone peeing upright next to them.
You would think that; however one could argue that black Americans don't repay the goodwill done towards their causes by standing up for other minorities. In fact, you could say that they do the opposite and use other minorities as scape goats for their problems. You could say that but then everyone would just call you a racist.
Yes, they might.
I usually like your posts on here but this one is really coming off as transphobic and frankly makes me really sad to read.
I really did try to avoid making it sound that way, because that was not my intention. I apologize to anyone who was offended by how I worded that post.
She was in the right restroom, there is a good option, for her to use the loo appropriate to her gender, female.
I know it wasn't a skeevy guy. What I also know is that transgendered people have to deal with all sorts of problems, including what restroom to use. A transgendered woman going into a women's room should not be treated like a skeevy guy going into a restroom, but it happens. I've seen it happen. I pointed out the comparison to spark a conversation, not to say it's right, but to say the comparison is often made. Either there is a failure of education and tolerance, or some accomodation needst to be made, or maybe security should be better, or something...
Oh, and there are too many people who make unfounded assumptions. This story is proof of that.
Out of curiosity, do you actually know what gender she was? Was she post-op? Pre-op? Does it matter? I think a woman sitting in a stall might freak out by someone peeing upright next to them.
You would think that; however one could argue that black Americans don't repay the goodwill done towards their causes by standing up for other minorities. In fact, you could say that they do the opposite and use other minorities as scape goats for their problems. You could say that but then everyone would just call you a racist.
Yes, they might.
I usually like your posts on here but this one is really coming off as transphobic and frankly makes me really sad to read.
I really did try to avoid making it sound that way, because that was not my intention. I apologize to anyone who was offended by how I worded that post.
dethmaShine
Apr 5, 03:04 PM
I remember a girl/woman submitting such an app to Apple.
It was rejected on the grounds:
'Not required => redundant'.
I see something changing now. :rolleyes:
It was rejected on the grounds:
'Not required => redundant'.
I see something changing now. :rolleyes:

COSWORTH
Mar 17, 09:22 AM
Karma, (in short,) is a concept explaining why some babies were born to great parents and others to bad parents. (It evolved into a concept of, be good in this life and you will be born into a good, or better life next time around.)
Hell all this time I was under the impression that it was a female dog, which is something real in this world. I hear a lot of people say Karma is a bitch. I should have known it was something made up and not something real.
Hell all this time I was under the impression that it was a female dog, which is something real in this world. I hear a lot of people say Karma is a bitch. I should have known it was something made up and not something real.
rtdgoldfish
Mar 24, 10:30 PM
http://www.kropserkel.com/Images/horsehead%20(6).jpg
Do it. Except for real. :D
Good luck! I think you have all of MacRumors behind you now! For a little clarification, you do see your console's serial number is on your wireless network?
Daniel.
Hehe, yeah, I'd love to go Godfather on them. If only I could find a horse head...
And yep, the console's serial number shows up in Connect360 whenever they connect.
Do it. Except for real. :D
Good luck! I think you have all of MacRumors behind you now! For a little clarification, you do see your console's serial number is on your wireless network?
Daniel.
Hehe, yeah, I'd love to go Godfather on them. If only I could find a horse head...
And yep, the console's serial number shows up in Connect360 whenever they connect.
Lara F
Oct 17, 06:40 PM
If the Apple targetting wasn't obvious enough...
http://www.droiddoes.com :p
I really hope this one can actually live up to the hype - Verizon needs it and Apple could use the competition.
http://www.droiddoes.com :p
I really hope this one can actually live up to the hype - Verizon needs it and Apple could use the competition.
infidel69
Apr 9, 03:20 PM
Best Buy knows who D:apple:ddy is... They know who's keeping that company afloat and relevant in todays chaotic economy.
They wouldn't do anything to jeopardize a business relationship they NEED.
Again they know who D:apple:ddy is.
Yes because BB would go out of business if they didn't sell Apple products:rolleyes:
Apple may be your daddy but they don't hold the god like status you think they do.
They wouldn't do anything to jeopardize a business relationship they NEED.
Again they know who D:apple:ddy is.
Yes because BB would go out of business if they didn't sell Apple products:rolleyes:
Apple may be your daddy but they don't hold the god like status you think they do.
Nekbeth
Apr 26, 10:29 PM
What if after pressing the start button, you create a timer and start it. Then pressing the cancel button invalidates and releases it. Then pressing the start button would create another timer, using the same pointer.
Totally untested and probably broken code below, but should demonstrate the idea:
-(IBAction)startButton:(id) sender {
// myTimer is declared in header file ...
if (myTimer!=nil) { // if the pointer already points to a timer, you don't want to create a second one without stoping and destroying the first
[myTimer invalidate];
[myTimer release];
}
// Now that we know myTimer doesn't point to a timer already..
myTimer = [NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:aTimeInterval target:self selector:@selector(echoIt:) userInfo:myDict repeats:YES];
[myTimer retain];
}
-(IBAction)cancelIt:(id) sender {
[myTimer invalidate];
[myTimer release]; // This timer is now gone, and you won't reuse it.
}
Update *** "I though it worked but the timer kept going on the background.
crashed :confused:
wlh99, do you get an exception in the invalid method " [myTimer Invalidate]" ?
Totally untested and probably broken code below, but should demonstrate the idea:
-(IBAction)startButton:(id) sender {
// myTimer is declared in header file ...
if (myTimer!=nil) { // if the pointer already points to a timer, you don't want to create a second one without stoping and destroying the first
[myTimer invalidate];
[myTimer release];
}
// Now that we know myTimer doesn't point to a timer already..
myTimer = [NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:aTimeInterval target:self selector:@selector(echoIt:) userInfo:myDict repeats:YES];
[myTimer retain];
}
-(IBAction)cancelIt:(id) sender {
[myTimer invalidate];
[myTimer release]; // This timer is now gone, and you won't reuse it.
}
Update *** "I though it worked but the timer kept going on the background.
crashed :confused:
wlh99, do you get an exception in the invalid method " [myTimer Invalidate]" ?
Eraserhead
Mar 4, 09:10 AM
You should know by noe that fivepoint is only interested in individual freedom when it's an issue he agrees with.
This case is surprisingly transparent however.
This case is surprisingly transparent however.
Joshwawilson
May 4, 03:59 PM
Interesting how none of the scenes in the ad uses a white iPad.
I thought the same thing, discriminating on us white iPad folks
I thought the same thing, discriminating on us white iPad folks
one1
May 3, 10:48 PM
IMO, until the ipad gets this, which is entirely possible, it will remain more of a toy than a tool, and all these commercials will be nothing but fodder for the haters.
there's nothing wrong with toys, and this is a nice one, but these lines about doctors, CEOs, etc., are just plain ridiculous.
Ummmm incorrect. I have a major surgery coming up and the only way me and my doctor could sit down together and review the CT Scan was with my iPad 2 since all CT Scans are done on digital now instead of film. I simply stopped by the hospital and snagged the cd the night before my appointment and loaded it before I left the next day.
My doctor said this was on his wish list, but he couldn't find anywhere in stock.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/audiogodz1/dc1cacec.jpg
there's nothing wrong with toys, and this is a nice one, but these lines about doctors, CEOs, etc., are just plain ridiculous.
Ummmm incorrect. I have a major surgery coming up and the only way me and my doctor could sit down together and review the CT Scan was with my iPad 2 since all CT Scans are done on digital now instead of film. I simply stopped by the hospital and snagged the cd the night before my appointment and loaded it before I left the next day.
My doctor said this was on his wish list, but he couldn't find anywhere in stock.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/audiogodz1/dc1cacec.jpg
adouglas2001
Jan 15, 02:55 PM
Just sold my Apple shares.
Genius move, that.
Have you never heard of "sell on the news?" Everyone's already done it.
Apple is down $13.50 as I write this.
It will come back up, provided the economy as a whole doesn't implode.
I got an Apple gift card for the holidays, and was waiting to see what Apple was going to announce. My decision? I'm ordering a refurb MBP to replace my G4 Powerbook this week.
"Old old old?" Not compared to my early-2003 computer. It's dramatically faster, dramatically more efficient, and dramatically more capacious than the machine I've got. Based on the Penryn tests I've seen so far, an MBP update will result in only a marginal improvement. I don't NEED a few extra percent of battery life or performance here and there.
It is always wiser in the long run IMHO to be a late adopter and buy near the end of a product lifecycle than near the beginning. Early adopters are, and have always been, late beta testers.
I dunno...seems that everyone could use just a little less caffeine and stop obsessing over instant gratification and wish fulfillment. Take a deep breath. Leopard WILL be updated. Blu-Ray WILL happen. The MBP WILL get a refresh. And so on. But not today. Big deal. Wait a few months.
Could be that age and decades of experience have given me an appreciation for the long view. I just don't get all torqued up over every tiny move that Apple makes (or fails to make). They still make great products.
Genius move, that.
Have you never heard of "sell on the news?" Everyone's already done it.
Apple is down $13.50 as I write this.
It will come back up, provided the economy as a whole doesn't implode.
I got an Apple gift card for the holidays, and was waiting to see what Apple was going to announce. My decision? I'm ordering a refurb MBP to replace my G4 Powerbook this week.
"Old old old?" Not compared to my early-2003 computer. It's dramatically faster, dramatically more efficient, and dramatically more capacious than the machine I've got. Based on the Penryn tests I've seen so far, an MBP update will result in only a marginal improvement. I don't NEED a few extra percent of battery life or performance here and there.
It is always wiser in the long run IMHO to be a late adopter and buy near the end of a product lifecycle than near the beginning. Early adopters are, and have always been, late beta testers.
I dunno...seems that everyone could use just a little less caffeine and stop obsessing over instant gratification and wish fulfillment. Take a deep breath. Leopard WILL be updated. Blu-Ray WILL happen. The MBP WILL get a refresh. And so on. But not today. Big deal. Wait a few months.
Could be that age and decades of experience have given me an appreciation for the long view. I just don't get all torqued up over every tiny move that Apple makes (or fails to make). They still make great products.
quigleybc
Sep 9, 06:49 PM
I'm not ashasmed that our country was unprepared to deal with this
i am.
The blame will go straight to the top. Straight to George. He should have cut short his vacation on the ranch and been on a plane on day 1. This arguement will go around and around in circles, but look, people could have been saved if the administration had not cut funds to FEMA and redirected them to the war in Iraq. There were multiple interviews before the hurricane with people saying that the levy's would not hold if the hurricane hit hard. If Bill could get impeached because he got head, then is it unreasonable to hold George acountable for this? Am I the only one who feels this way?
guess so. This is my opinion, and I am entitled to it.
i am.
The blame will go straight to the top. Straight to George. He should have cut short his vacation on the ranch and been on a plane on day 1. This arguement will go around and around in circles, but look, people could have been saved if the administration had not cut funds to FEMA and redirected them to the war in Iraq. There were multiple interviews before the hurricane with people saying that the levy's would not hold if the hurricane hit hard. If Bill could get impeached because he got head, then is it unreasonable to hold George acountable for this? Am I the only one who feels this way?
guess so. This is my opinion, and I am entitled to it.
AndroidfoLife
Apr 16, 07:49 PM
Ahhhh.... dude... the only Apps that don't really get approved are ones that do things that can cause security risks or just plain trying to steal your information.
Yeah, I know... there are also Apps that break the rules and get axed, but for the most part, my first point is true. Any legitimate application can get approved.
If you keep up with Android apps, security is one of the their problems. Open? Yes... risky? Yes.
Apple does censor things they do not want certain content on the appstore. Show a nip and you get axed I highly disagree with that enable a type of parental control don't chose for me
Yeah, I know... there are also Apps that break the rules and get axed, but for the most part, my first point is true. Any legitimate application can get approved.
If you keep up with Android apps, security is one of the their problems. Open? Yes... risky? Yes.
Apple does censor things they do not want certain content on the appstore. Show a nip and you get axed I highly disagree with that enable a type of parental control don't chose for me
fivepoint
May 4, 03:19 PM
Any law that tells a physician what they can and can't ask a patient, or who they must treat despite their own personal views - is stupid. Physicians should be able to ask whatever they want, if the person answers that's their own choice, and if the physician no longer wants to treat them, thats his/her choice. Sames for guns, same for gays, same for anything. A private business person should be able to serve whomever they want to serve... period.
The hypocrisy from those of you on the left on this issue is pretty clear. If this was the GLBTA trying to pass a similar law regarding homosexuality, etc. you'd have no problem with it.
The hypocrisy from those of you on the left on this issue is pretty clear. If this was the GLBTA trying to pass a similar law regarding homosexuality, etc. you'd have no problem with it.
mdntcallr
Jan 5, 02:39 PM
it would be great if apple would put up a video feed of the keynote live.
if not that, put it in the local apple stores.
if not that, put it in the local apple stores.
drakino
Mar 24, 03:08 PM
10 years ago is when I became interested in the Mac again. Went to a reseller for the release party, tinkered with it, and dug into the Unix side. Made friends with the owner, and a few months later I bought a used iMac.
Still remember the countdown on Apple.com for the release. Up till then, I had been reading about it a lot, but never had hands on time with the public beta.
Should dig out the G4 Cube and boot 10.0 for fun tonight. Once I get past the blinding pinstripes, should be interesting to look back to see how far the OS has come.
Still remember the countdown on Apple.com for the release. Up till then, I had been reading about it a lot, but never had hands on time with the public beta.
Should dig out the G4 Cube and boot 10.0 for fun tonight. Once I get past the blinding pinstripes, should be interesting to look back to see how far the OS has come.
curmi
Nov 24, 04:09 AM
Huge saving on airport express. New Airport Ultra Express (802.11n) at Macworld!
Confirmed! :)
Confirmed! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment