Glideslope
Apr 25, 01:12 PM
For the win...
ok, thought it was

justin bieber funny captions.
ok, thought it was

marddin
Nov 11, 08:36 AM
anyone read my post at the top of the page.
anyone else having problems joining team death with a party of 2 or more?

Justin Bieber has taken over

funny justin bieber gif.

Funny Bieber

Justin Bieber item XD (FUNNY)

funny Justin Bieber Beaver

justin bieber funny quotes.

justin bieber funny pictures

funny justin bieber quotes.

funny justin bieber edits.

funny justin bieber pics with

All Justin Bieber videos all

Funny Pictures - Cat, Justin

Funny Justin Bieber Pictures

funny justin

Justin Bieber, North Korea

Justin Bieber STFU!

justin bieber funny pictures
anyone else having problems joining team death with a party of 2 or more?
fortetfn
Aug 15, 11:06 PM
Mine was manufactured in June 2006 and Apple said that it was the old stock. I really wish if it was like someone here said that the new specs were quietly going back in April which means that mine would possibly be the new stock.
How I could possibly determine whether mine is the new one or not is by turning all the lights off in my room. This is a brand new 23"ACD from an Apple store. I don't need to set the brightness setting to 25% or more... definitely you would agree that a 23" display is a fairly big monitor as a big canvas in front of me. With no other lighting in the room, wouldn't I want to turn the brightness setting all the way down to the bottom if I don't want to burn my eyes with it. The answer is no. I let this display stay on for a while, but it is still not much brighter than when I just turned it on.
For a new monitor, i don't think I would need to turn the brightness setting so high up to impress myself with its brightness. I can positively say that if mine display was the new stock, Apple didn't do a good job on tweaking up to the new specs... I'm not going to talk about my ghosting problem, though that is a slight issue.
Hope someone has a different serial number, so we could differentiate between the new stock and the old stock. It's been really frustrating....:(
How I could possibly determine whether mine is the new one or not is by turning all the lights off in my room. This is a brand new 23"ACD from an Apple store. I don't need to set the brightness setting to 25% or more... definitely you would agree that a 23" display is a fairly big monitor as a big canvas in front of me. With no other lighting in the room, wouldn't I want to turn the brightness setting all the way down to the bottom if I don't want to burn my eyes with it. The answer is no. I let this display stay on for a while, but it is still not much brighter than when I just turned it on.
For a new monitor, i don't think I would need to turn the brightness setting so high up to impress myself with its brightness. I can positively say that if mine display was the new stock, Apple didn't do a good job on tweaking up to the new specs... I'm not going to talk about my ghosting problem, though that is a slight issue.
Hope someone has a different serial number, so we could differentiate between the new stock and the old stock. It's been really frustrating....:(

relimw
Sep 25, 11:10 AM
So... what are we supposed to run this monstrosity on? The G5 QUADS had a hard enough time running the first one. I can't imagine running this on an iMac or worse... a mac mini.
JOKE JOKE JOKE
And to think, I can run Lightroom on a G4 mini...
JOKE JOKE JOKE
And to think, I can run Lightroom on a G4 mini...
MattInOz
Sep 30, 02:31 AM
The prototyping lab :rolleyes:
Well the options are:-
The small room in the garage.
The basement/gallery
One of the two out buildings. which don't have plans in this group.
But look like a pool house and a guest house.
Well the options are:-
The small room in the garage.
The basement/gallery
One of the two out buildings. which don't have plans in this group.
But look like a pool house and a guest house.
iMikeT
Sep 12, 04:05 AM
All I can say is that five weeks from now we will see iTunes 8.0 along with a "true" iPod Video.
Machead III
Sep 12, 03:58 AM
6 (SIX) PM UK time :)
I thought it was 5pm?
I thought it was 5pm?

iJohnHenry
Apr 13, 05:16 PM
It was so obvious that the little girl was carrying a weapon of mass destruction.
Yes, she slayed me with cute.
Poor child. Now she'll need counselling.
Yes, she slayed me with cute.
Poor child. Now she'll need counselling.

Preclaro_tipo
Mar 28, 03:32 PM
I never said it was perfect. If you have many apps as I do that DON'T have automatic updates then it is a royal pain in the ass to go to their site(assuming you even know where it is), download it again, unpackage the dmg, and place it in my applications folder. Sure, if you only have a few apps then it isn't THAT bad but I have upwards to 20 apps that I have to do this with. It's a chore. With the Mac App Store I can take a quick glance, click update all if there are any updates and be done with it.
If I understand some of you on this thread correctly then it is my opinion that you've missed the point, slightly.
I don't think that the merits or demerits of the mac app store are the core point here. The store may be good, excellent, bad, poor, draconian, onerous or whatever but Apple is going to award programming and application awards to only those apps that are distributed through their application store.
Even if you think the store is great, hell even if the store IS GREAT, don't you also feel that it isn't the ONLY way to get quality, well made applications.
Apple is only promoting application which it profits from AND which conform to its Terms of Service.
The offensive part for me is just how unapologetic they seem to be showing bias for what makes them money, not with what may be driving the platform or solving user needs/wants.
I anticipate that some may remind me about Apple's responsibility to shareholders and about being a profitable business and therefore say that it is obvious that they support the apps from which they make a profit. I just think that is an oversimplification of situation and I think this does more to hurt the image of the platform, rather than improve it. It does more to hurt developer interest than it does improve developer interest in the mac platform. Long term, I'd rather see them building an enthusiasm for their products (including the mac app store) for their own merits.
If I understand some of you on this thread correctly then it is my opinion that you've missed the point, slightly.
I don't think that the merits or demerits of the mac app store are the core point here. The store may be good, excellent, bad, poor, draconian, onerous or whatever but Apple is going to award programming and application awards to only those apps that are distributed through their application store.
Even if you think the store is great, hell even if the store IS GREAT, don't you also feel that it isn't the ONLY way to get quality, well made applications.
Apple is only promoting application which it profits from AND which conform to its Terms of Service.
The offensive part for me is just how unapologetic they seem to be showing bias for what makes them money, not with what may be driving the platform or solving user needs/wants.
I anticipate that some may remind me about Apple's responsibility to shareholders and about being a profitable business and therefore say that it is obvious that they support the apps from which they make a profit. I just think that is an oversimplification of situation and I think this does more to hurt the image of the platform, rather than improve it. It does more to hurt developer interest than it does improve developer interest in the mac platform. Long term, I'd rather see them building an enthusiasm for their products (including the mac app store) for their own merits.
Night Spring
Apr 22, 03:43 PM
Same here.
It was working fine yesterday but today it just takes me to the forum index.
I got IE9 installed btw.
Another IE9 here, having the same problem. :(
It was working fine yesterday but today it just takes me to the forum index.
I got IE9 installed btw.
Another IE9 here, having the same problem. :(

leekohler
May 5, 09:27 PM
Dude. I haven't once suggested banning guns.
These days I'd be satisfied with a hint of awareness.
I was under the impression you had. Here you gave me that impression:
It's impossible to enforce a gun ban when all you have to do is drive to the next town to buy them.
If we were to implement restrictions it would have to be nation-wide, or else it would be too easily thwarted.
Fair enough. It took your statement as referring to bans.
Frankly awareness, or more specifically education, is the only solution. Gun owners need more education, particularly those who arm themselves for home defense or concealed carry. If citizens are expected to demonstrate proficiency in driving a car before being allowed on the road - and further proficiency for special kinds of driving (such as racing licenses, commercial licenses, limousine drivers, police driving training etc etc), then gun owners should get considerably more training in self-defense with firearms. Most hunters agree that mandatory hunter-safety classes are a good idea. If that is the case, self-defense training is even more necessary.
Furthermore, the public at large needs to be more educated about laws, regulations and firearms themselves. Fear of firearms can be healthy. Willfull ignorance towards them, not so much.
Exactly. I have never understood why my more liberal friends want to ban anything. Education is the key to solving the vast majority of our problems, not ignorance or fear. I grew up around guns all my life and had fun with them. I also loved archery.
After starting to play hockey and having skydived for three years, the one thing I've finally learned that is the most helpful thing in life is this- do things that scare you. Learn about them. You'll be better off, and you'll grow immensely as a person. Those things will also bring incredible people into your life.
Go to a firing range and learn about guns, citizenzen- even if it scares and repulses you. Trust me, you'll be all the better for it, and you might learn something about yourself you never knew was there. After all, knowledge is power.
These days I'd be satisfied with a hint of awareness.
I was under the impression you had. Here you gave me that impression:
It's impossible to enforce a gun ban when all you have to do is drive to the next town to buy them.
If we were to implement restrictions it would have to be nation-wide, or else it would be too easily thwarted.
Fair enough. It took your statement as referring to bans.
Frankly awareness, or more specifically education, is the only solution. Gun owners need more education, particularly those who arm themselves for home defense or concealed carry. If citizens are expected to demonstrate proficiency in driving a car before being allowed on the road - and further proficiency for special kinds of driving (such as racing licenses, commercial licenses, limousine drivers, police driving training etc etc), then gun owners should get considerably more training in self-defense with firearms. Most hunters agree that mandatory hunter-safety classes are a good idea. If that is the case, self-defense training is even more necessary.
Furthermore, the public at large needs to be more educated about laws, regulations and firearms themselves. Fear of firearms can be healthy. Willfull ignorance towards them, not so much.
Exactly. I have never understood why my more liberal friends want to ban anything. Education is the key to solving the vast majority of our problems, not ignorance or fear. I grew up around guns all my life and had fun with them. I also loved archery.
After starting to play hockey and having skydived for three years, the one thing I've finally learned that is the most helpful thing in life is this- do things that scare you. Learn about them. You'll be better off, and you'll grow immensely as a person. Those things will also bring incredible people into your life.
Go to a firing range and learn about guns, citizenzen- even if it scares and repulses you. Trust me, you'll be all the better for it, and you might learn something about yourself you never knew was there. After all, knowledge is power.
AmbitiousLemon
Nov 16, 01:48 PM
I don't know where this assertion that AMD are rubbish comes from.
Agreed. AMD has traditionally been significantly faster and cheaper than Intel. Further more it is only AMD's huge performance lead that woke Intel up enough to drop the mhz myth, accept multi-core as the future, and start making decent processors again.
It just so happens that we are at a very unusual point in time where AMD currently has neither a performance nor price advantage over Intel, but these things can change very fast (as the past few months have shown).
All that said, the facts that this rumor is based upon do in no way lead to the conclusion that Apple is considering using AMD processors, and further it probably wouldn't work well into Apple's current product line-up and marketing strategy to switch to AMD at this time.
Agreed. AMD has traditionally been significantly faster and cheaper than Intel. Further more it is only AMD's huge performance lead that woke Intel up enough to drop the mhz myth, accept multi-core as the future, and start making decent processors again.
It just so happens that we are at a very unusual point in time where AMD currently has neither a performance nor price advantage over Intel, but these things can change very fast (as the past few months have shown).
All that said, the facts that this rumor is based upon do in no way lead to the conclusion that Apple is considering using AMD processors, and further it probably wouldn't work well into Apple's current product line-up and marketing strategy to switch to AMD at this time.
SavMan
Oct 11, 09:42 PM
Jetson, I'm glad I'm taking your word, as someone who doesn't even own a 5G iPod, over my own, someone who sees 50-60 iPods a day. I couldn't possibly know better.
The fact remains: The acrylic used on the 5G is the same as the 4G.
The fact remains: The acrylic used on the 5G is the same as the 4G.
Tommyg117
Sep 25, 10:12 PM
Excellent news, good to see aperture more integrated into the iLife.
CaoCao
Apr 17, 10:00 PM
We should add left handed history ahead of gay history, before you bash me, let me explain.
Left handed people are constantly shamed by language, the word sinister comes from a Latin word originally left, how does it feel to know that language thinks you are evil? Dexter comes from Latin for right and implies manual skill, left handed people are evil and right handed is skilled, aint life grand? Even the word ambidexterity hurts them, it while meaning skilled with both hands means you have two right hands.
In English and other European languages the word right doubles for correct, proper, even justice! In ancient Middle Eastern languages left mean evil. In Chinese left implies improper and even immoral! We have a world hating left handed people!
In modern society left handed people need to bring their own special tools because society designs only for right handed and doesn't give a damn about left handed people to the point where lefties get gouged. They're even screwed over with computer mice and keyboards!
In many Eastern countries left handers are brutally forced to switch to their right hand which can screw them up mentally for life. In education basically everything is designed for right handed people, the tests have answers on the right side which causes painful discomfort for left handed students to learn.
Because of these horrible things perpetuated on left handed people I request that left handed people are mentioned in history.
How was that?
Left handed people are constantly shamed by language, the word sinister comes from a Latin word originally left, how does it feel to know that language thinks you are evil? Dexter comes from Latin for right and implies manual skill, left handed people are evil and right handed is skilled, aint life grand? Even the word ambidexterity hurts them, it while meaning skilled with both hands means you have two right hands.
In English and other European languages the word right doubles for correct, proper, even justice! In ancient Middle Eastern languages left mean evil. In Chinese left implies improper and even immoral! We have a world hating left handed people!
In modern society left handed people need to bring their own special tools because society designs only for right handed and doesn't give a damn about left handed people to the point where lefties get gouged. They're even screwed over with computer mice and keyboards!
In many Eastern countries left handers are brutally forced to switch to their right hand which can screw them up mentally for life. In education basically everything is designed for right handed people, the tests have answers on the right side which causes painful discomfort for left handed students to learn.
Because of these horrible things perpetuated on left handed people I request that left handed people are mentioned in history.
How was that?
yanki01
Dec 13, 09:42 PM
i think its too late to start the adds for this if they want everyone to jump and buy before christmas.
George Knighton
Apr 23, 02:28 PM
How is "gay history" different than regular history? lol
The same way Black History is different, I guess.
I don't mind.
The same way Black History is different, I guess.
I don't mind.
pudrums
Apr 8, 03:30 AM
@SPEEDwithJJ: Watch the Family Guy episode "New Kidney in Town" and you'll know :D
Mord
Apr 27, 12:59 PM
When did I say anything about what people are "entitled" to be???
You and leekohler have just created a strawman before our very eyes. Very impressive.
You're basically saying we're not women/men by having such strict and naive definitions of gender, thankfully you're in the minority.
Why is it so difficult to simply broaden your understanding of what woman/man actually means? If you want to point out that I'm genetically XY like it means a damn be my guest, otherwise your whole viewpoint can get stuffed.
You and leekohler have just created a strawman before our very eyes. Very impressive.
You're basically saying we're not women/men by having such strict and naive definitions of gender, thankfully you're in the minority.
Why is it so difficult to simply broaden your understanding of what woman/man actually means? If you want to point out that I'm genetically XY like it means a damn be my guest, otherwise your whole viewpoint can get stuffed.
SuperJudge
Apr 12, 09:04 PM
Great album from Devin Townsend :)
I almost didn't recognize him without his skullet! :eek:
I almost didn't recognize him without his skullet! :eek:
Swift
Jan 6, 09:15 AM
Sad to say, I think the Quicktime feeds were great, but even back when you were a tiny minority, you had to be lucky in getting on the Akamai bandwagon, and the stream was prone to big glitches. When Quicktime 7 (or was it 6?) came out, Steve wanted the HD treatment, and the audience got so big that the server charges would just be too large, and the whole operation questionable.
But I was at the Apple store when the G5 was announced, and it's that G5 that I got six months later. As for the excellent marketing idea of having the announced products available for sale, I think the perceived need for secrecy interferes too much with that. If they were shipping new Macs or iPods throughout the chain in the week before MacWorld, how long before some guy's cell phone takes a picture that ends up on, er, MacRumors?
:p
But I was at the Apple store when the G5 was announced, and it's that G5 that I got six months later. As for the excellent marketing idea of having the announced products available for sale, I think the perceived need for secrecy interferes too much with that. If they were shipping new Macs or iPods throughout the chain in the week before MacWorld, how long before some guy's cell phone takes a picture that ends up on, er, MacRumors?
:p
ArchaicRevival
Apr 29, 07:38 PM
What are you talking about? The screenshots shown here are from the latest developer release of the software, meaning that anything you see is already implemented in code and being used by registered Mac OS developers the world over.
Sarcasm dude...
Sarcasm dude...
Eidorian
Nov 16, 09:04 PM
You are obviously not a systems programmer.
Check out the source code for Xen, and then try to tell me that a Xeon and an Opteron have identical instruction sets....Let's be nice to the mundanes and stick to x86 instead of comparing vendor based virtualization technologies. :D
Check out the source code for Xen, and then try to tell me that a Xeon and an Opteron have identical instruction sets....Let's be nice to the mundanes and stick to x86 instead of comparing vendor based virtualization technologies. :D
ipodtoucher
Apr 11, 09:28 PM
http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/assets/images/menu/menu_burrito_bowl.png
mmmmmm
mmmmmm
No comments:
Post a Comment