longsilver
Sep 12, 08:19 AM
Wow those analysts really are going out on a limb with those predictions.
Hmm a consumer electronics company will introduce comsumer electronics over time.. crazy crazy.. who would have thunk it
:rolleyes:
But it sounds so much better (and well paid) in corporatespeak:
...and going forward we'll see CE outrolls Q4/06 through Q1/07 with OEM rampings... yaddayaddayadda :)
Hmm a consumer electronics company will introduce comsumer electronics over time.. crazy crazy.. who would have thunk it
:rolleyes:
But it sounds so much better (and well paid) in corporatespeak:
...and going forward we'll see CE outrolls Q4/06 through Q1/07 with OEM rampings... yaddayaddayadda :)

fortetfn
Aug 16, 11:32 AM
I received a 2A62XXX Display last week with a May production date. No idea whether it is an old or a new one. However, I did notice a few dead pixels last night after watching a movies. (The movie credits came with a black background. Great for dead pixel discovery!)
By just looking at it, I noticed at least 4 dead pixels, some appeared stronger than others. They are all on the left half of the screen. Is this considered an acceptable or normal number of dead pixels? I am tempted to return it while I can. Any suggestions?
Yes, you should definitely return it and get a new one. I can never accept any dead pixels. It is annoying to see them there. Call Apple and tell them that.
By just looking at it, I noticed at least 4 dead pixels, some appeared stronger than others. They are all on the left half of the screen. Is this considered an acceptable or normal number of dead pixels? I am tempted to return it while I can. Any suggestions?
Yes, you should definitely return it and get a new one. I can never accept any dead pixels. It is annoying to see them there. Call Apple and tell them that.

Clive At Five
Oct 3, 04:20 PM
The fact is that while there are a select few of us (don't kid yourselves, the people who post on this forum represent a tiny fraction of Apple's customer base, albeit a loud fraction) that know the difference between Core Duo and Core 2 Duo, the VAST majority of users and customers neither know nor care. And to be perfectly honest, the speed difference in 99% of the things people use their computers for are unnoticeable. Try it for yourself. Web pages load at the same speed, email is sent at the same speed, and IM's come and go with the same frequency.
While I agree with some parts of your statement, I disagree with this paragraph.
The MBP is a Pro machine. I'd be willing to be that most of Apple's pro user-base does know the difference between Core Duo and Core 2 Duo.
As for your comment about speed of a basic user's appications - Safari, AIM, Word, Solitaire - you're right. But you're assuming a basic user would buy an MBP. A Pro user would presumably use these things along with others, like Logic Audio, Final Cut, etc.
And as a minor technicality, sending IMs and loading web pages depend on the speed of your internet connection, not your processor.
I predict MBPs will be out sooner than you might think, otherwise Apple risks being scoffed at by the technology community, all of which are releasing C2D computers, whether their users know/don't know or need/don't need it. Apple doesn't play psychological games like that with their users.
-Clive
While I agree with some parts of your statement, I disagree with this paragraph.
The MBP is a Pro machine. I'd be willing to be that most of Apple's pro user-base does know the difference between Core Duo and Core 2 Duo.
As for your comment about speed of a basic user's appications - Safari, AIM, Word, Solitaire - you're right. But you're assuming a basic user would buy an MBP. A Pro user would presumably use these things along with others, like Logic Audio, Final Cut, etc.
And as a minor technicality, sending IMs and loading web pages depend on the speed of your internet connection, not your processor.
I predict MBPs will be out sooner than you might think, otherwise Apple risks being scoffed at by the technology community, all of which are releasing C2D computers, whether their users know/don't know or need/don't need it. Apple doesn't play psychological games like that with their users.
-Clive
dukebound85
Apr 12, 06:24 PM
she is clearly carrying a bomb
more...
JayMysterio
Dec 6, 12:41 AM
I was playing this game today and the final kill cam was of a guy getting shot who was standing in the middle of a road (where he spawned) aimed at the sky shooting at a helicopter with what looked like a Light Machine gun of some sort. The guy who shot him was in a room looking out a window. As the replay was going on i stated over the mic "now there's an intelligent player" referring to the guy who was under no cover trying to take down a chopper with a gun. The guy who was shooting at the chopper stated that he was trying to fulfill and achievement by taking the chopper down.
I thought about this and realized that this goal/reward system in the game (this goes for most online FPS's) in a way made this player do something so stupid. The player was only looking to fulfill his own personal goals and thought nothing of the team and the loss that occurred cause of it.
So I ask you, (the reader) does this make sense to have in the game when it forces players to go out of there way for personal goals and shift away from the overall team play?

rip cross tattoo. rip tattoo
more...

rip cross tattoo.

cross tattoos for men on arm
more...

Religious Cross Tattoos,

rip cross tattoo. Rip-Cross-Tattoo; Rip-Cross-Tattoo. truz. Jul 7, 06:14 PM. And I will never set foot in an Apple store again. They are the definition of
more...

Mike recently had this tattoo

rip cross tattoo.
more...

Memorial Tattoo Design

rip cross tattoo.
more...

Universal Tattoos - rip tattoo

rip cross tattoo.
more...

Rip Crosses Tattoo Designs.

RIP cross tattoo (Voted 5.4 by

rip cross tattoo. R.I.P cross tattoo on the calf; R.I.P cross tattoo on the calf. gkhaldi. Oct 23, 12:31 PM. I#39;ve got a question for you guys.
I thought about this and realized that this goal/reward system in the game (this goes for most online FPS's) in a way made this player do something so stupid. The player was only looking to fulfill his own personal goals and thought nothing of the team and the loss that occurred cause of it.
So I ask you, (the reader) does this make sense to have in the game when it forces players to go out of there way for personal goals and shift away from the overall team play?
Blorzoga
May 3, 10:25 PM
I'll buy one when it gets a capacitive pressure based screen/stylus (Like the HTC Flyer)
Well I guess you won't be buying one then. Good luck with your HTC Flyer ( whatever th hell that is)
Well I guess you won't be buying one then. Good luck with your HTC Flyer ( whatever th hell that is)
more...

nosen
Sep 28, 11:19 AM
I wonder what the hold up is with releasing this update? :o
Balli
Sep 12, 02:44 AM
Does anyone know what time this even will be in GMT?
more...
twoodcc
May 4, 06:11 AM
Bummer :( that's aggravating...
tell me about it. and i can't fix it until this weekend. but hopefully i can get it stable then
tell me about it. and i can't fix it until this weekend. but hopefully i can get it stable then

Ladybug
Nov 24, 03:04 AM
Well my order only totals to $143.00, which included one sale item for .Mac but all sales count towards Apples stock. :D
more...
jowie
Apr 25, 12:08 PM
I actually really dislike the borderless look. I hope they don't do this. A larger screen is one thing I really don't need. If I want a big screen, I'll get an iPad.
dethmaShine
Apr 29, 04:15 PM
Agreed. I thought we were well past the days when computer applications had to emulate their analog compatriots. Leather, wood, paper, stone = not for computer UIs please! :mad:
Speaking of bad iCal, why is it I can't flip pages in the Calendar app on my iPad by actually flicking the pages (a la iBooks)? Instead I have to tap on arrow buttons? What's up with that???
In Mac OS X, there are known as gestures. :D
Navigation gestures, for eg. 3 finger navigation.
Speaking of bad iCal, why is it I can't flip pages in the Calendar app on my iPad by actually flicking the pages (a la iBooks)? Instead I have to tap on arrow buttons? What's up with that???
In Mac OS X, there are known as gestures. :D
Navigation gestures, for eg. 3 finger navigation.
more...
spillproof
Apr 15, 03:59 PM
I think I just threw up a little. That is THE worst "leaked" iPhone mock up, EVER.
VideoFreek
May 4, 03:37 PM
Why does a question about a potentially dangerous object and your provisions for its safe keeping threaten you? The doctor is not playing politics, hes practicing good preventative medicine.Sorry, during which year of medical school do doctors receive gun safety training? How many hours of coursework on home safety do they complete? The typical MD is no more qualified to discuss these matters than any bozo on the street with more than an ounce of common sense. If they really want to help their patients child-proof their homes effectively, providing a helpful checklist would far more effective than interrogating parents.
more...
tuartboy
Jan 9, 03:20 PM
There's a ticker? I've been using a custom style sheet for about 2 years now and I guess I don't even know what is on some sites. Probably a bunch of ads.
All I know is that I put up on all of my IM clients an away message that said don't spoil it for me and someone skyped me and ruined a little bit of it. I don't really care about that specific thing though, so it wasn't a big deal.
I just want to watch the keynote. A group of us took off work for the WWDC keynote and I'm off for this one too. I decided at about 8:55 PST that I would wait for the keynote later and I've been on errands since. Unless they are encoding it on a Pismo, it should be up soon...
Heh, a Pismo. That would rule.
All I know is that I put up on all of my IM clients an away message that said don't spoil it for me and someone skyped me and ruined a little bit of it. I don't really care about that specific thing though, so it wasn't a big deal.
I just want to watch the keynote. A group of us took off work for the WWDC keynote and I'm off for this one too. I decided at about 8:55 PST that I would wait for the keynote later and I've been on errands since. Unless they are encoding it on a Pismo, it should be up soon...
Heh, a Pismo. That would rule.

kdarling
May 2, 07:44 PM
I really don't see the point. If you wanted to install your own "homebrew" apps without using the App Store, you can already do so by using "ad-hoc deployment" or joining the Enterprise Developer Program. Either option makes rolling out your own apps simple.
1) I think you're really missing one whole point of jailbreaking, which is to allow officially unsupported modifications such as widgets on the lockscreen.
2) The Dev Programs cost money, which a lot of home developers don't want to spend. Even personal ad-hoc is going to cost $100 a year just to allow an app to run on your own and friends' devices.
After five years, that'll be $500 just to keep your app(s) running, something that costs almost nothing to do on other systems for eternity... not to mention the pain of keeping dev profiles up to date on your friends' devices.
As pointed out before, that's one reason why the Apple App Store is so full of junk. Many home developers post their personal apps in the Store just so they won't have to babysit the devices of everyone they know.
1) I think you're really missing one whole point of jailbreaking, which is to allow officially unsupported modifications such as widgets on the lockscreen.
2) The Dev Programs cost money, which a lot of home developers don't want to spend. Even personal ad-hoc is going to cost $100 a year just to allow an app to run on your own and friends' devices.
After five years, that'll be $500 just to keep your app(s) running, something that costs almost nothing to do on other systems for eternity... not to mention the pain of keeping dev profiles up to date on your friends' devices.
As pointed out before, that's one reason why the Apple App Store is so full of junk. Many home developers post their personal apps in the Store just so they won't have to babysit the devices of everyone they know.
more...

yellow
Apr 13, 10:51 AM
http://www.risikolebensversicherungvergleich.de/logos/asstel_full.jpg
Looks like it should be the name of a cellular company in the US.
"Asstel.. We screw you like no other." :)
Looks like it should be the name of a cellular company in the US.
"Asstel.. We screw you like no other." :)
peapody
Apr 7, 08:59 PM
Just got a bamboo plant for my desk...not the vase/pebbles...
also a red velvet whoopie pie, and a vanilla cake whoopie pie..
Both things from Reading Terminal Market in Philly...:D
I always heard it is bad luck to get yourself a lucky bamboo plant - but I guess that is only if you are superstitious!
Got myself an old school firewire ipod charger for my 3g 15gb!
also a red velvet whoopie pie, and a vanilla cake whoopie pie..
Both things from Reading Terminal Market in Philly...:D
I always heard it is bad luck to get yourself a lucky bamboo plant - but I guess that is only if you are superstitious!
Got myself an old school firewire ipod charger for my 3g 15gb!
Pared
Apr 22, 11:52 AM
Excuse me if this was already suggested:
Perhaps allow a post that receives a certain number of dislikes to be "hidden" from a general view unless someone decides to view it by clicking on a link.
Similar to how a moderator can you a deleted post, but for the general public.
Perhaps allow a post that receives a certain number of dislikes to be "hidden" from a general view unless someone decides to view it by clicking on a link.
Similar to how a moderator can you a deleted post, but for the general public.
davidcarswell
Jul 22, 05:13 AM
The Nokia phone have not the same bars/signal ratio as the iphone 4.
Azathoth
May 4, 03:16 AM
This might be a little off topic but the following comment:
"One of the main promotional points of Android as its popularity has soared has been the unregulated nature of the app marketplaces for the platform."
reminded me that I have some degree of comfort that Apple screens apps so that I don't inadvertently download something which is actually a virus, steals passwords and other personal information, or does something else nasty.
Perhaps I am unduly comforted and there is some iTunes fine print that says they don't check for that sort of stuff. Otherwise I would have thought Apple could have used the "safety" aspect in it's marketing, and created some fear for Andriod users around they really know what they are getting.
In that way iTunes aspp store is sort of a big condom for your iPhone - pure protection.
Apple don't look at the source code. One could make a trojan app that sends contacts information back to base after a certain date.
"One of the main promotional points of Android as its popularity has soared has been the unregulated nature of the app marketplaces for the platform."
reminded me that I have some degree of comfort that Apple screens apps so that I don't inadvertently download something which is actually a virus, steals passwords and other personal information, or does something else nasty.
Perhaps I am unduly comforted and there is some iTunes fine print that says they don't check for that sort of stuff. Otherwise I would have thought Apple could have used the "safety" aspect in it's marketing, and created some fear for Andriod users around they really know what they are getting.
In that way iTunes aspp store is sort of a big condom for your iPhone - pure protection.
Apple don't look at the source code. One could make a trojan app that sends contacts information back to base after a certain date.
jonhcox
Apr 15, 03:01 PM
Honestly, I dig the look of it but I have my doubts about the sharp edges. I can almost promise you that the photos are faked but I'm seeing that most of us already know that. I can see the body being aluminum- isn't the Droid aluminum? There would definitely need to be a place for the antenna- black plastic or something.
I'm hoping for something different this time. My 3G has held up well except for a broken ear speaker, but I'd like to see them push it a little as far as design. Every time I see an EVO 4G- I look at it longingly.
I'm hoping for something different this time. My 3G has held up well except for a broken ear speaker, but I'd like to see them push it a little as far as design. Every time I see an EVO 4G- I look at it longingly.
menlotechnical
Apr 20, 12:31 PM
People who are not geeks - live their lives and will want 'ease of use' and they will want more and more to view the computer as an appliance. Like a toaster or toilet. They will not replace or adjust it until it breaks.
That being said, as the exploits to Windows grows, and less decisions are being made in MS by the old boy team of Gates and his peers... I think there continues to be an invisible hand that drives people away from Windows machines.
Business and most people just want a functioning machine and easy to use UI. They could care less about file systems and USB 3, they just want it to work.
When you have a HUGE mass of people wanting to overtake your Windows computer, with 100's of daily new infections, why would ANYONE want to learn how to surf the web defensively? They just want to surf the web. With Windows, you have to surf defensively. You need antivirus, you need anti malware, you need to dump temp files regularly, protect and delete cookies and do a ton of stuff that is just unrealistic to most of the market.
I question the ideas that Lion Server is going away, that Samba is going to be pushed out, and that NFS will not work. I can't understand why they would put so much effort into a mac mini server and just drop it like Microsoft does: see their book scan project, Sharepoint, MSN Music, Zune players, etc. They chase markets - see Windows seven mobile features - and then they cancel them, leaving people in the cold.
There is a lot in the favor of apple today and going forward. I hope that Jobs has a legacy plan in place whenever he has to leave this Earth. Because there is HUGE opportunity in the next ten years.
That being said, as the exploits to Windows grows, and less decisions are being made in MS by the old boy team of Gates and his peers... I think there continues to be an invisible hand that drives people away from Windows machines.
Business and most people just want a functioning machine and easy to use UI. They could care less about file systems and USB 3, they just want it to work.
When you have a HUGE mass of people wanting to overtake your Windows computer, with 100's of daily new infections, why would ANYONE want to learn how to surf the web defensively? They just want to surf the web. With Windows, you have to surf defensively. You need antivirus, you need anti malware, you need to dump temp files regularly, protect and delete cookies and do a ton of stuff that is just unrealistic to most of the market.
I question the ideas that Lion Server is going away, that Samba is going to be pushed out, and that NFS will not work. I can't understand why they would put so much effort into a mac mini server and just drop it like Microsoft does: see their book scan project, Sharepoint, MSN Music, Zune players, etc. They chase markets - see Windows seven mobile features - and then they cancel them, leaving people in the cold.
There is a lot in the favor of apple today and going forward. I hope that Jobs has a legacy plan in place whenever he has to leave this Earth. Because there is HUGE opportunity in the next ten years.
iJohnHenry
Apr 25, 04:42 PM
Replace the urinals in Men's washrooms with stalls, knock out the wall between there and the Woman's loo, and make it one large Unisex facility.
Problem solved.
Then the men can stand in line too. :p
Problem solved.
Then the men can stand in line too. :p
No comments:
Post a Comment