ifjake
Jul 18, 09:37 AM
for me, price must be less than 5 dollars, but not 5 dollars. i'd say even 2 dollars, since we're not going to own it, and owning a 40 minutes show from iTMS costs that much. This has to be competitive with stuff like netflix where the actual DVD is likely going to be much better quality than the low resolution crap they're likely to use with iTMS. ideally i would expect something like the 480p HD trailers they have at apple.com, but given the size of these files (let's see 1.5 minute trailer at 480p (848x400 it says) is 40MB, so say, a 120 minute movie at similar bitrates would be 3.2 GB) you're going to have to rent it the night before you want to watch it just so it'll download, even at fast broadband speeds. i'd say this isn't going to work. of course, i've always thought that movies apart from actual physical media will never be able to reach the quality we're all now expecting (soon 1080p tops) and even used to (DVDs), so i'm definitely biased towards this not working.
Outrun1986
Oct 15, 06:14 PM
I had pretty good luck with this case from ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220664949687
Though the dock connector didn't fit quite right, the headphone jack is good and everything else is good. I just snipped off the piece that was in the way of the dock connector and now its perfect. Nice for a $3 case. There aren't any watermarks.
The seller was also really, really good. I didn't get the right screen protector with the case but a week later the correct one arrived in the mail without me having to ask! I thought that was really cool of him to send it for free.
As for buying another case I am waiting until I find my "holy grail" maroon case. One will come out eventually.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220664949687
Though the dock connector didn't fit quite right, the headphone jack is good and everything else is good. I just snipped off the piece that was in the way of the dock connector and now its perfect. Nice for a $3 case. There aren't any watermarks.
The seller was also really, really good. I didn't get the right screen protector with the case but a week later the correct one arrived in the mail without me having to ask! I thought that was really cool of him to send it for free.
As for buying another case I am waiting until I find my "holy grail" maroon case. One will come out eventually.
twoodcc
Nov 6, 05:48 PM
congrats to whiterabbit for hitting 2 million!
mrthieme
Nov 29, 06:00 PM
The concept of internet based content is very attractive, bandwidth issues aside. I pay too much money for too many channels I don't need/want. And I don't want to watch when NBC tells me too. A selective subscription to the media I'm interested in is just what I want. The lowered cost associated with online distribution versus a whole network of channels being pumped into every home opens the door for the little guys with very focused content to get stuff out there, just like podcasts, and hopefully make enough money to keep improving their material.
Perrumpo
Nov 26, 05:39 PM
Picked up a 23" Samsung 1080p display from Best Buy for $139. Loving it!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/agt144/IMGP6687.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/agt144/IMGP6683.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/agt144/IMGP6687.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/agt144/IMGP6683.jpg
LondonCentral
Mar 22, 11:48 PM
I used to have gigs and gigs of music. Then one day I realized most of it was crap that didn't enrich my life in any way. Only hoarders feel the need to carry around that much music with them. It's akin to carrying around thousands of high res images of paintings from the worlds great museums just so you could hit shuffle and revisit some of those awe inspiring moments of self realization.
Actually an app that did that would be pretty cool.
Anyway, you get my point. Not all of us dream about working in a record store.
Now, a 220gb retina display iPod Classic Touch would be useful. Something that allowed you to save any type of data, not just music, videos and photos.
Actually an app that did that would be pretty cool.
Anyway, you get my point. Not all of us dream about working in a record store.
Now, a 220gb retina display iPod Classic Touch would be useful. Something that allowed you to save any type of data, not just music, videos and photos.
xer98
Apr 3, 02:38 PM
A couple of weeks after the product. Most companies have to do it in the other order. Absolutely elegant (keep Coyote as your voice pure pleasure) you should also push some of your adds towards older folks. The interface is brilliant for older folks who do not understand computers. I am buying an iPad2 for my 75 years old mother.
iTim314
Apr 2, 02:25 PM
Was like that in DP1 too.
Didn't think to look in DP1. It just hit me to look since that was always peculiar about SL.
Didn't think to look in DP1. It just hit me to look since that was always peculiar about SL.
DanChosich
Oct 23, 04:12 PM
Unless the new MBPs are shipping tomorrow..:rolleyes:
I know you will see that I've never posted before, so anything I say will probably be taken with a grain of salt. I don't blame you for not believing me, every Tuesday I am let down with all of you. If I am lying you can ban me from this forum, for whatever it's worth, I promise what I'm telling you is the truth. I see you guys are as antsy as I am about this update.
I know a person that works at an Apple Store as an inventory control specialist - I asked him back in July to tell me before hand if he knew when the Merom MacBook Pro was coming out. Today I got a text message from him saying, "(dan's) laptop might be coming out tomorrow." However, he thinks it's only a 15''.
Something is definitely planned to come out tomorrow. I know it's not concrete, but it gives me hope. I figured I would share.
I'm hoping he is wrong about the 15'' thing, I wanted a 17''. Either way, I'll take what I can get. I've been waitng too long.
I know you will see that I've never posted before, so anything I say will probably be taken with a grain of salt. I don't blame you for not believing me, every Tuesday I am let down with all of you. If I am lying you can ban me from this forum, for whatever it's worth, I promise what I'm telling you is the truth. I see you guys are as antsy as I am about this update.
I know a person that works at an Apple Store as an inventory control specialist - I asked him back in July to tell me before hand if he knew when the Merom MacBook Pro was coming out. Today I got a text message from him saying, "(dan's) laptop might be coming out tomorrow." However, he thinks it's only a 15''.
Something is definitely planned to come out tomorrow. I know it's not concrete, but it gives me hope. I figured I would share.
I'm hoping he is wrong about the 15'' thing, I wanted a 17''. Either way, I'll take what I can get. I've been waitng too long.
jholzner
Jul 19, 04:03 PM
Where are all you "Apple is doomed" sayers now?:p :D
Apples sells ~4 Million Macs per quater. That's ~16 Mio a year. Given a 4 Year Life time that's "only" ~64 Mio Mac's installed, maybe more. That should be enough to keep developers happy.
So ADOBE, release those f#$%ing universal binaries NOW!!!!
Huh? Apple doesn't come close to selling 4 million Macs per quarter! They sold just above 1.3 million this quarter.
Apples sells ~4 Million Macs per quater. That's ~16 Mio a year. Given a 4 Year Life time that's "only" ~64 Mio Mac's installed, maybe more. That should be enough to keep developers happy.
So ADOBE, release those f#$%ing universal binaries NOW!!!!
Huh? Apple doesn't come close to selling 4 million Macs per quarter! They sold just above 1.3 million this quarter.
EagerDragon
Nov 28, 11:37 AM
Assuming for a second that this is true, I do not see Apple in this space. 17" LCD monitors have been around for years and they are inexpensive now. Why would Apple enter this market when it is unlikely to get the ussual return on investment?
Peterkro
Mar 19, 04:37 PM
Nice edit. CNN was first. :p
The edit wasn't supposed to suggest the Beeb got it first it's just where I saw it. There really isn't a "we got if first" thing in news reporting, stuff tends to come first on the wire services and video comes from essentially auction centres (I know of two one in Atlanta and one in London ) which within seconds sells "exclusive" images on the open market.Al Jaz gets something and it's on Beeb/Cnn etc within minutes for example.
The edit wasn't supposed to suggest the Beeb got it first it's just where I saw it. There really isn't a "we got if first" thing in news reporting, stuff tends to come first on the wire services and video comes from essentially auction centres (I know of two one in Atlanta and one in London ) which within seconds sells "exclusive" images on the open market.Al Jaz gets something and it's on Beeb/Cnn etc within minutes for example.
Salacion
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
There is one in post #33 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12297742&postcount=33) of this thread.
I skimmed over it and can't believe I missed it. Thanks.
I don't know, I don't think it's too bad. I wanted a change in both iCal and the Address Book, so I'm not complaining. I prefer the one in the previous build however.
I skimmed over it and can't believe I missed it. Thanks.
I don't know, I don't think it's too bad. I wanted a change in both iCal and the Address Book, so I'm not complaining. I prefer the one in the previous build however.
FoxMcCloud
Mar 22, 04:27 PM
220GB would tie in nicely with 24 bit songs.
Reventon
Apr 9, 10:13 PM
I learnt to drive manual on my brother's 1989 Honda CRX. Haven't drove stick in years though, sadly. :o
InuNacho
Apr 19, 03:17 PM
My early 08 Macbook makes for a crummy desktop and I have been wanting a new TV for a while now. If Apple's having that free ipod with Mac purchase this summer I'm sold.
Compile 'em all
Jul 19, 04:30 PM
23% drop in desktop sales is surprising to me. Is it just due to people waiting for PowerMacs with Intels? It is not a good sign that higher iMac sales are not making up for it.
This is actually the general trend in the computer market since the rise of
portables against desktop machines. Portables are becoming increasingly
powerful (computational-wise) up to the point that the line between them
and Desktops is blurred.
This is actually the general trend in the computer market since the rise of
portables against desktop machines. Portables are becoming increasingly
powerful (computational-wise) up to the point that the line between them
and Desktops is blurred.

Unspeaked
Sep 6, 02:30 PM
i know this is off topic but are they ever gonna do anything about the outrageous cost of .Mac subscription?
No.
::sigh::
No.
::sigh::
noriyori
Nov 29, 03:02 PM
I would just hope they would have video streaming like the slingbox so you can access all of your content from where ever you may be around the globe.
Clive At Five
Nov 28, 02:15 PM
Because they fear the iPod... and its ecosystem...
This is key for sure. The success of the iPod is directly attributed to its integrated "ecosystem" as you put it. iTS, iTunes, iPod.
Slowly but surely, with movies, photos and games - and MUCH talk of cell phone syncing with iCal, Address Book and iApps - Apple is attempting to tie iLife & OS X into the equation... making it a critical and integral part of that ecosystem.
If people wanted the full iPod experience, they NEEDED iTunes... so they adopted it. In the future, with product XYZ, people will NEED OS X for the full experience... and they will adopt it.
THAT is what MS fears about Apple/iPod. They could give a rat's ass about the portable music/media market. They just want desperately to kill the iPod and what it means for MS's future.
In my opinion, they should've undersold by $50+/unit. At their current rate, they'll never penetrate the market.
-Clive
This is key for sure. The success of the iPod is directly attributed to its integrated "ecosystem" as you put it. iTS, iTunes, iPod.
Slowly but surely, with movies, photos and games - and MUCH talk of cell phone syncing with iCal, Address Book and iApps - Apple is attempting to tie iLife & OS X into the equation... making it a critical and integral part of that ecosystem.
If people wanted the full iPod experience, they NEEDED iTunes... so they adopted it. In the future, with product XYZ, people will NEED OS X for the full experience... and they will adopt it.
THAT is what MS fears about Apple/iPod. They could give a rat's ass about the portable music/media market. They just want desperately to kill the iPod and what it means for MS's future.
In my opinion, they should've undersold by $50+/unit. At their current rate, they'll never penetrate the market.
-Clive
Twizz91
Mar 22, 03:47 PM
Did not say he would improve it either. :(
Adding Bluetooth makes a lot of sense.
that would be nice indeed. it would be nice if i could stream music from my classic through my ipad ^^
Adding Bluetooth makes a lot of sense.
that would be nice indeed. it would be nice if i could stream music from my classic through my ipad ^^
AppliedVisual
Oct 23, 10:52 PM
There is no way I am buying a MBP without NAND.
Weird... While the NAND flash/cache would be nifty, it's hardly a feature I would consider to be vital. FW800 and DL DVD writer on the 15" MBP are much more worthy causes. ...I doubt we'll get those features either. :( You won't see NAND with this update - probably not until spring/summer '07.
Weird... While the NAND flash/cache would be nifty, it's hardly a feature I would consider to be vital. FW800 and DL DVD writer on the 15" MBP are much more worthy causes. ...I doubt we'll get those features either. :( You won't see NAND with this update - probably not until spring/summer '07.
cburton04
Feb 7, 08:41 PM
Hopefully it's not too big an image... e90 m3. i love this this thing to bits.
I love the sedan.
I love the sedan.
doberman211
Mar 22, 10:33 PM
Agreed. I like the mocup but tbh any thunderbolt would be integrated into the dock connector and any hdmi would be strictly Bluetooth. i would not like to see a larger screen, but perhaps higher definition say 360p or 480p instead of the 240p. no real updates on the OS. it's fine. maybe just some updates in itunes as sometimes when i sync it i end up with 5 of the same albums also would like the albums to sort by year instead of name. or maybe it already does that and i havent figured it out. dono. and plz NO CAMERAS! FRONT OR BACK!
No comments:
Post a Comment