calderone
Apr 3, 01:07 AM
That's right (at least from my personal experience). Lion currently uses system files and services from Snow Leopard to reduce its size.
False. DP 2 can install directly to a blank drive/partitlon.
False. DP 2 can install directly to a blank drive/partitlon.
(marc)
Mar 19, 05:18 PM
It's just the last time I remember a UN action it was 98% US in Iraq.
Not UN backed. afaik, at least.
Not UN backed. afaik, at least.
macfan881
Sep 7, 09:48 AM
guys trust me i know steve will not disapoint on this im sure we had our doubts when we had the musc store im sure come tuesday night we will think steve is god lol
petteri
Aug 16, 02:48 PM
I may be talking out of my ass here, but my understanding is that Sirius works via satellites in geosynchronous orbit, which means they are way way up there, "locked in" above a specific spot on the ground (they zip around the Earth once every 24 hours, which keeps them above the equatorial spot that is also zipping around a full rotation in 24 hours).
Here is a map of the Sirius satellite orbits. You can get a signal pretty far south, at least as far as southern Mexico. But to conserve power, Sirius shuts the power down once the bird goes "below" the equator. XM does have a owership in WorldSpace which does broadcast around the globe through a network of various satellites.
http://www.mts.net/~jwt/sirius-xmorbitanim.gif
Here is a map of the Sirius satellite orbits. You can get a signal pretty far south, at least as far as southern Mexico. But to conserve power, Sirius shuts the power down once the bird goes "below" the equator. XM does have a owership in WorldSpace which does broadcast around the globe through a network of various satellites.
http://www.mts.net/~jwt/sirius-xmorbitanim.gif
macfan881
Sep 6, 10:26 PM
i agree thats why i think we will see new airports basestations with 8021n so that way we get high networkspeeds when viewing the movies on tv etc
Speczorz
Sep 29, 02:08 AM
Still satisfied with my dermashot. It really hasn't collected much dust. If your on the wall still about a silicon case, check it out.
Bill
Bill
ecoons
Jan 11, 10:43 PM
Electromagnetic fields decrease with the cube of the distance (I think- might be square, but someone smarter than I can correct me). You would need to keep the charger within a few inches while charging. Frankly, if I'm going to carry a charger with me when I travel, I really don't care if it's plugged in directly or just has to be really close.
What if there was a universal (yikes, what IS truly universal nowadays) way of transmitting electrical power, where your physical desk-top, kitchen counter, tray tables in airplanes, glove boxes (or cup holders for phones), nightstand in a hotel room, etc could charge your electronic gadgets just when you set them on the surface. That would mean they would be "just a few inches away" or less. There's no need to be charging devices 100% of the time, but as long as you can set them down on a "recharging surface" when they get low, then you have a cordless charging system.
What if there was a universal (yikes, what IS truly universal nowadays) way of transmitting electrical power, where your physical desk-top, kitchen counter, tray tables in airplanes, glove boxes (or cup holders for phones), nightstand in a hotel room, etc could charge your electronic gadgets just when you set them on the surface. That would mean they would be "just a few inches away" or less. There's no need to be charging devices 100% of the time, but as long as you can set them down on a "recharging surface" when they get low, then you have a cordless charging system.
GregA
Aug 24, 09:09 PM
I guess we're diverging from the actual rumour - new Mac Mini real soon.
It'd be cool to see some kinda of upgraded/dedicated graphics, a bigger 7200rpm HD, and 2 firewire ports. Maybe some built in or adapter based outputs for dual dvi? Alot depends on the ammount of vram it will have.I look at the existing Mac Mini, and your wish, and see too many $ signs!.
Perhaps our wishes require a range of options. Mac Media HD vs Mac Media. ;-)
It'd be cool to see some kinda of upgraded/dedicated graphics, a bigger 7200rpm HD, and 2 firewire ports. Maybe some built in or adapter based outputs for dual dvi? Alot depends on the ammount of vram it will have.I look at the existing Mac Mini, and your wish, and see too many $ signs!.
Perhaps our wishes require a range of options. Mac Media HD vs Mac Media. ;-)
scott523
Nov 15, 11:18 AM
Wow envious benchmark results there. Anybody notice the 74GB 10,000RPM HD on the Intel QX6700 spec (that's first for me)? :eek:
Kane08
Apr 2, 10:43 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
Best post yet
Best post yet
Veinticinco
Mar 23, 04:21 AM
As for the Classic, no reason to update it, no reason to EOL it either.
I still have my "CarPod" for road trips - an old but pristine 30GB iPod Photo, still love it.
Bit of custom job when I got bored a while back - white body but with a red (U2) clickwheel, white centre button, and a smooth brushed Alu back.
I still have my "CarPod" for road trips - an old but pristine 30GB iPod Photo, still love it.
Bit of custom job when I got bored a while back - white body but with a red (U2) clickwheel, white centre button, and a smooth brushed Alu back.
GregA
Aug 24, 09:41 PM
I suspect we'll see slight case redesigns for Santa Rosa-based Macs. Santa Rosa will be the real Core 2 platform. This year's Meroms are a stopgap.Isn't everything a stop gap, in that sense? Just with sweet spots along the way :)
as well as include new WiFi and the "Robson" flash technology for fast-booting.I'll have to look up Robson... I imagine Boot Camp will work quite well if it only takes 10 seconds to switch from an active Mac to an active Windows machine...
as well as include new WiFi and the "Robson" flash technology for fast-booting.I'll have to look up Robson... I imagine Boot Camp will work quite well if it only takes 10 seconds to switch from an active Mac to an active Windows machine...
The Beatles
Apr 3, 11:59 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
Love this ad makes me want to buy one. only if there was stock on Australia.
Are you kidding me. I haven't looked into it but I would bet there's nothing holding you back from investing in apple. You have a computer most likely with an Internet connection?
Go online and trade. If you want to use an investing firm there are plenty, all you gotta do is call them or go to their site.
Try www.Wedbush.com
All you have to do is wire them
Your money or send them a check with the amount you want to invest plus the investment fee ($10 to $50+) and there
you go.
Love this ad makes me want to buy one. only if there was stock on Australia.
Are you kidding me. I haven't looked into it but I would bet there's nothing holding you back from investing in apple. You have a computer most likely with an Internet connection?
Go online and trade. If you want to use an investing firm there are plenty, all you gotta do is call them or go to their site.
Try www.Wedbush.com
All you have to do is wire them
Your money or send them a check with the amount you want to invest plus the investment fee ($10 to $50+) and there
you go.
Surely
Nov 24, 12:25 PM
^^^Picture thread, dude. Picture thread. ;)
:p
:p
siurpeeman
Jan 12, 12:45 AM
i think you guys are all missing the big picture. "smell in the air"? obviously, mac os x is bringing smell-o-vision (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smell-o-vision)! that's right, you heard it here first. :)
Earendil
Nov 27, 02:52 PM
It kills me that the least expensive Apple display is $700. I just can't justify the tax over a Dell display, and I'm amazed how others can. A Dell 2007WFP (their 20" widescreen display which uses the same panel that's found in Apple's 20") is $400. It also sports inputs for VGA, composite and S-Video. And for a Dell, the display is reasonably attractive.
The Apple displays give you a shiny aluminum bezel, firewire routing, and software display controls. Is that enough to merit a 75% markup?
So, I'm thrilled if this is true and Apple is putting out a less-expensive display option. But I'd love it if they brought the rest of their lineup into check with the competition.
It is in check with the competition...
Perhaps you don't know who Apple's competition is?
Maybe Apple should bring it's laptop line down to the $300 cheapo Dell level while we're at it :rolleyes:
The Apple displays give you a shiny aluminum bezel, firewire routing, and software display controls. Is that enough to merit a 75% markup?
So, I'm thrilled if this is true and Apple is putting out a less-expensive display option. But I'd love it if they brought the rest of their lineup into check with the competition.
It is in check with the competition...
Perhaps you don't know who Apple's competition is?
Maybe Apple should bring it's laptop line down to the $300 cheapo Dell level while we're at it :rolleyes:
lordonuthin
Feb 10, 04:47 PM
On a side note, I have reached #977 overall with 6.4 mio units! I didn't think it was possible before the bigadv units...
Speaking of bigadv units, I haven't gotten any in the last 2 or 3 days, just regular units on my mac pro?
Speaking of bigadv units, I haven't gotten any in the last 2 or 3 days, just regular units on my mac pro?
pje65
Sep 21, 08:09 PM
Hi, everyone.
I'm new iPod Touches, though I've had some other iPods over the years. I'm a teacher, and decided that I'd use the Bento app on it to keep track of my students' progress at school. My niece rolled her eyes and informed me that I'd need a case and screen protector. So, I went to Best Buy today and got the Griffin Gloss and the Invisishield. I put on the case, which seems to work fine. Then I opened the shield and got a good look at it. It immediately occurred to me that I'd probably need to take off the case, put the shield on, then put the case back on. However, the case--which consists of two pieces of hard plastic that intersect in the middle after installation--won't budge. I'm sure I could get it off, but I'm not sure I could do so without doing significant damage to the case. These things are supposed to be removable, aren't they? Also, would it be a big deal not to have a screen protector on it? I'm going to be using it a lot in multiple locations. It's probably going to get bounced around on a regular basis.
Thanks,
Pete
I'm new iPod Touches, though I've had some other iPods over the years. I'm a teacher, and decided that I'd use the Bento app on it to keep track of my students' progress at school. My niece rolled her eyes and informed me that I'd need a case and screen protector. So, I went to Best Buy today and got the Griffin Gloss and the Invisishield. I put on the case, which seems to work fine. Then I opened the shield and got a good look at it. It immediately occurred to me that I'd probably need to take off the case, put the shield on, then put the case back on. However, the case--which consists of two pieces of hard plastic that intersect in the middle after installation--won't budge. I'm sure I could get it off, but I'm not sure I could do so without doing significant damage to the case. These things are supposed to be removable, aren't they? Also, would it be a big deal not to have a screen protector on it? I'm going to be using it a lot in multiple locations. It's probably going to get bounced around on a regular basis.
Thanks,
Pete
Huntn
Mar 19, 04:48 PM
I see no problem with this app. It is up to individuals to decide if and when they need help. (Not implying gays need help.) I wish Apple would ease up on it's morality standards. Just establish an adult-religious-political, poor taste section in the app store.
Disclaimer: as someone who does not own a single app, it's just an impression I have that Apple is over-controlling. However I do like that they screen new apps for some kind of standard. When I get an iPhone or iPad, I'm sure I'll dive into the app scene.
Disclaimer: as someone who does not own a single app, it's just an impression I have that Apple is over-controlling. However I do like that they screen new apps for some kind of standard. When I get an iPhone or iPad, I'm sure I'll dive into the app scene.
Tmelon
Mar 31, 04:53 PM
Umm i hope the hell you can change it back? if not well ill no longer be using ical ill find something else.
The color really means that much to you?
The color really means that much to you?
Hallivand
May 2, 11:21 PM
I have a strange feeling LaunchPad might replace the Finder altogether in the near future.
iOS-esque experience on the big screen.
The docks staying though :D
So I'm not complaining.
Bit like a more funky Blackbox interface :cool:
iOS-esque experience on the big screen.
The docks staying though :D
So I'm not complaining.
Bit like a more funky Blackbox interface :cool:
lordonuthin
Feb 10, 04:43 PM
congrats to whiterabbit for 8 million points!
Thanks.
Thanks.
aswitcher
Nov 27, 01:19 PM
Digi have such a poor track record I doubt this but if Apple can do something new with a 17" (inbuilt isight, portrait mode swivel, higher def than 1280x1024) then I might go nicely with the mini.
gatearray
Apr 3, 08:23 AM
You can pinch to zoom on video now? How?
Classy ad btw.
You could always pinch to zoom video on the iPad, as long as it's a video in the camera roll.
Classy ad btw.
You could always pinch to zoom video on the iPad, as long as it's a video in the camera roll.
No comments:
Post a Comment