ten-oak-druid
Apr 5, 04:10 PM
There is no i in iOS.
mdgm
Mar 30, 09:43 PM
Does the new build officially support TRIM on 3rd party SSDs?
MikhailT
Mar 30, 10:44 PM
I don't know why but my MBP 13 i7 2011 is showing "Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB graphics" on the About this mac screen on Display tab.:eek:
BTW I'm using an External Display.
That's the graphic core onboard the Core i7 die. It doesn't change to ATi graphics when you use something graphically intensive?
BTW I'm using an External Display.
That's the graphic core onboard the Core i7 die. It doesn't change to ATi graphics when you use something graphically intensive?
mr.barkan
Aug 12, 10:31 AM
I think we will see the upgrade the Tuesday after they have enough supply to meet the demand. These laptops are selling great and they don't want to have to interrupt the supply. I think this is especially true at the stores.
Are they really selling that great??
Is there anyway to know??
I wonder how much people is waiting for the Merom MBP's.
I mean, in general like a couple o guys said here the ones available today are great. But I use Final Cut Pro ALOT, and I'm sure the 64bit will be VERY useful on that. So for me is worth the wait... as for alot of other Final Cut, Logic Pro, Aperture users...
I'm quite curious about those MBP sales... :rolleyes:
Are they really selling that great??
Is there anyway to know??
I wonder how much people is waiting for the Merom MBP's.
I mean, in general like a couple o guys said here the ones available today are great. But I use Final Cut Pro ALOT, and I'm sure the 64bit will be VERY useful on that. So for me is worth the wait... as for alot of other Final Cut, Logic Pro, Aperture users...
I'm quite curious about those MBP sales... :rolleyes:
adbe
Apr 5, 02:50 PM
Every time something like this goes down I'm reminded of the original 1984 Apple ad campaign.
Oh how things have changed.
Apple is now BIG BROTHER with a vengeance.
Bloody lame :mad:
With all our dumb laws there really should be a law that precludes bullies like Apple from using these strong arm tactics.
Apple really have got way too big for their boots.
Please read the damn article *before* posting.
Oh how things have changed.
Apple is now BIG BROTHER with a vengeance.
Bloody lame :mad:
With all our dumb laws there really should be a law that precludes bullies like Apple from using these strong arm tactics.
Apple really have got way too big for their boots.
Please read the damn article *before* posting.
powers74
Mar 29, 09:46 PM
Globalization is a race to the bottom, and nobody seems to understand that while the 3rd world rises up, the 1st world inevitably must slide down.
Very few indeed.
Very few indeed.
pmz
May 4, 03:15 PM
Releasing on MAS is posible in some sort of .DMG, .IMG Image ready to burn on DVD or copy to USB Key, Look at Xcode 4 for example. Apple may put detailed instructions on how to do it on the MAS description page.
The question is: How Much?
$129 + tax
The question is: How Much?
$129 + tax
michaelrjohnson
Aug 2, 01:33 PM
finally someone reasonable! so many of you flippin fools don't realize what WWDC stands for...
World wide DEVELOPER'S conference!
this is about professional stuff. in they launched the powermac g5, because developers could then write 64-bit apps. in they discussed tiger (and i think launched new pro displays) so that users could write stuff using core image and all the cool new tiger features. in they announced the transition to intel, because devs could now write stuff for the intel platform (and i don't think they really announced anything else AFAICR...). so in they are going to talk about leopard and how it relates to developers, and maybe release PROFESSIONAL products, like a mac pro or xserve.
you have got to be CRAZY to think that he's going to intro an ipod at WWDC, when MW Paris is right around the corner! MW Paris in september is pretty much ALWAYS when they intro ipods and consumer products this time of year.
edit: last year, they had a special media event around october to intro the imac g5 with isight and video ipod and did not have anything at MW Paris. this will probably be the same this year.
I agree with you on some of these points... however, the release of a new or majorly updated consumer device, would (in most cases) create a new development platform. And that is what this conference is for.
(I'm not predicting any of that stuff, I'm just playing devil's advocate)
World wide DEVELOPER'S conference!
this is about professional stuff. in they launched the powermac g5, because developers could then write 64-bit apps. in they discussed tiger (and i think launched new pro displays) so that users could write stuff using core image and all the cool new tiger features. in they announced the transition to intel, because devs could now write stuff for the intel platform (and i don't think they really announced anything else AFAICR...). so in they are going to talk about leopard and how it relates to developers, and maybe release PROFESSIONAL products, like a mac pro or xserve.
you have got to be CRAZY to think that he's going to intro an ipod at WWDC, when MW Paris is right around the corner! MW Paris in september is pretty much ALWAYS when they intro ipods and consumer products this time of year.
edit: last year, they had a special media event around october to intro the imac g5 with isight and video ipod and did not have anything at MW Paris. this will probably be the same this year.
I agree with you on some of these points... however, the release of a new or majorly updated consumer device, would (in most cases) create a new development platform. And that is what this conference is for.
(I'm not predicting any of that stuff, I'm just playing devil's advocate)
ericinboston
Mar 28, 10:58 AM
Not cool. Coming from an iPhone 3GS, I seriously don't want to wait.
Same here...I don't need it Day 1 but I don't want to wait till 2012 when my contract expires in Sept...I can go month-to-month but was really looking forward to a phone with more storage and better video/camera. By Sept/Oct there will be a lot of Androids to try...ditto for 2012.
I also want to see sometime this year a new iPod Classic and maybe a new Mini. iMac would be nice but they are still too pricey for my blood since 90% of the stuff I/we use our computers for are web-driven tasks (email, bills, web surfing, photo sharing, family blogs/website, etc).
Same here...I don't need it Day 1 but I don't want to wait till 2012 when my contract expires in Sept...I can go month-to-month but was really looking forward to a phone with more storage and better video/camera. By Sept/Oct there will be a lot of Androids to try...ditto for 2012.
I also want to see sometime this year a new iPod Classic and maybe a new Mini. iMac would be nice but they are still too pricey for my blood since 90% of the stuff I/we use our computers for are web-driven tasks (email, bills, web surfing, photo sharing, family blogs/website, etc).
0815
Apr 5, 02:44 PM
That's very true. But Apple (or any software, consumer electronics company) would be foolish to not close known security holes.
Yes, new holes will be found. And Apple will try to plug those up, as well. I can't see an argument for people complaining that Apple is patching security holes.
At least on iPhone you can apply the updates on the day they come out (well, JB versions have to wait a couple of days) ... compare this to Android and WinMobile7 where you are at the mercy of the carrier to 'enrich' the update with their 'features' which might take many weeks or month - if it ever comes.
Yes, new holes will be found. And Apple will try to plug those up, as well. I can't see an argument for people complaining that Apple is patching security holes.
At least on iPhone you can apply the updates on the day they come out (well, JB versions have to wait a couple of days) ... compare this to Android and WinMobile7 where you are at the mercy of the carrier to 'enrich' the update with their 'features' which might take many weeks or month - if it ever comes.
Spiritgreywolf
Mar 27, 04:03 PM
Every time I hear about "mobile computing" and "cloud" in the same sentence, along with the security and privacy implications, I think more of the really immediate implications as soon as I put tunes or media out in the cloud...
...money...
Bandwidth costs money. If everyone starts streaming everything they own, they'll be paying for it again and again and.... well, you get the picture.
In an unlimited bandwidth plan, I can see the allure. When I pay for blocks of data splooged through the intertubes at a premium, the less "out in the cloud" I fetch from, the better...
...money...
Bandwidth costs money. If everyone starts streaming everything they own, they'll be paying for it again and again and.... well, you get the picture.
In an unlimited bandwidth plan, I can see the allure. When I pay for blocks of data splooged through the intertubes at a premium, the less "out in the cloud" I fetch from, the better...
bushido
Mar 29, 01:47 PM
Highly debatable. More than likely working conditions would be far superior to what they are in China or Japan, and everyone knows happy employees are good employees.
and with our working hours and attitude we'll have 5 finished iPods by the end of the day instead of 493840384038403840 :P
and with our working hours and attitude we'll have 5 finished iPods by the end of the day instead of 493840384038403840 :P
28monkeys
Apr 23, 06:20 PM
excellent
-aggie-
May 4, 10:01 PM
You got all that correct.
I'm surprised. :)
Why would the villain ever move out of the lair?
Are we to assume there are unlimited traps and monsters? Are these of all types, that is, 1 point type, 2 point type, etc.?
I'm surprised. :)
Why would the villain ever move out of the lair?
Are we to assume there are unlimited traps and monsters? Are these of all types, that is, 1 point type, 2 point type, etc.?
Plutonius
May 5, 11:11 AM
Wilmer will be missed but he was slowing us down with his incessant blather. I'm starting to get hungry so let's try to find a kitchen in this dump so the wizard can make us sandwiches.
Vote - Move to the next room (take Wilmer's body along with us).
Vote - Move to the next room (take Wilmer's body along with us).
blow45
Mar 29, 03:57 PM
Right I get that, and thats the point. On the military note does any country spend/waste more money than us on our armed forces. Not even close.
The arms dealers run the US, pretty much, if one is a cynic here. And it's not only the money spent on them, it's the havoc they wreak worldwide. Ask the Libyans, the Iraqis, the Afganis, the Serbs, the Vietnamese, the Cubans etc. etc. It's the price to pay for being a world bully. I am not making a value judgement here, I am just calling it like it is, but I am myself OOT here, so I won't say anymore respecting the topic at hand and the forums.
The arms dealers run the US, pretty much, if one is a cynic here. And it's not only the money spent on them, it's the havoc they wreak worldwide. Ask the Libyans, the Iraqis, the Afganis, the Serbs, the Vietnamese, the Cubans etc. etc. It's the price to pay for being a world bully. I am not making a value judgement here, I am just calling it like it is, but I am myself OOT here, so I won't say anymore respecting the topic at hand and the forums.
iApples
Apr 10, 02:21 AM
Here
280594
Try using a calculator that uses the "/" instead of the divided by sign. You'll get 288. I tried it the way you did it on an old calculator and I got 2. But that's not the way it is in the OP. It's 48/2(9+3)
280594
Try using a calculator that uses the "/" instead of the divided by sign. You'll get 288. I tried it the way you did it on an old calculator and I got 2. But that's not the way it is in the OP. It's 48/2(9+3)
Multimedia
Sep 17, 01:45 AM
well i just placed my order for a 15" MBP 2.0 base model w/ an iPod 60GB
i chatted with a rep and pointed out that i have 14 days to return. i have 30 days to submit the iPod rebate (which requires a upc cut from MBP box)
so my status shows ship date of the 19th and arrival of the 26th!
so kinda in a pickle with dates but the 60GB will only cost me $120 in the end.
BTW, Im a first time mac buyer even though ive used em for years at work!
http://static.flickr.com/81/244990126_78cbf5958d.jpgYou couldn't buy the new 80GB iPod at the new lower price of only $349? Man you are buying an obsolete inferior iPod. That is plain lame short sightedness. :eek:
If I were you I would phone back and insist on the new 80GB model for sure.
i chatted with a rep and pointed out that i have 14 days to return. i have 30 days to submit the iPod rebate (which requires a upc cut from MBP box)
so my status shows ship date of the 19th and arrival of the 26th!
so kinda in a pickle with dates but the 60GB will only cost me $120 in the end.
BTW, Im a first time mac buyer even though ive used em for years at work!
http://static.flickr.com/81/244990126_78cbf5958d.jpgYou couldn't buy the new 80GB iPod at the new lower price of only $349? Man you are buying an obsolete inferior iPod. That is plain lame short sightedness. :eek:
If I were you I would phone back and insist on the new 80GB model for sure.
FoxHoundADAM
Apr 20, 10:31 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)
I'm still left wondering, why the delay if it's only a minor spec bump? I don't doubt the sept. release it just doesn't add up. Rumors of a later release started well before the quake in Japan so I don't think you can justify that as the cause.
This is what I am asking as well. The rumors are that Apple will be hanging their hat on a new iOS update, but it better be one heck of a chnge because as iPhones look now they feel somewhat old. Apple may say they don't want widgets for whatever reason but they sure add some pep to the screen and make the phone feel fresh.
I'm still left wondering, why the delay if it's only a minor spec bump? I don't doubt the sept. release it just doesn't add up. Rumors of a later release started well before the quake in Japan so I don't think you can justify that as the cause.
This is what I am asking as well. The rumors are that Apple will be hanging their hat on a new iOS update, but it better be one heck of a chnge because as iPhones look now they feel somewhat old. Apple may say they don't want widgets for whatever reason but they sure add some pep to the screen and make the phone feel fresh.
virus1
Nov 24, 11:36 AM
hahahaa... ROFL...
this guy is a fool...
i wonder if creative said the exact same thing back in 2001 reguarding mp3 players?
this guy is a fool...
i wonder if creative said the exact same thing back in 2001 reguarding mp3 players?
syklee26
Sep 15, 06:22 PM
I ordered my MBP today... the ship date isn't until the 20th? It said 24 hours on the site...
A clue?
Possibly?
well that means maybe MBP is getting an upgrade next tuesday.
A clue?
Possibly?
well that means maybe MBP is getting an upgrade next tuesday.
Chris Bangle
Sep 11, 12:58 PM
Ok Ok, I was trying to be sarcastic but it didnt work... More mportantly amazon UK shipping all Macbooks in 1-2 weeks and apple uk shipping in a week....... I sense an update.
P.S I dont deserve to be here if i didnt know what Apple Expo is.
P.S I dont deserve to be here if i didnt know what Apple Expo is.
Doenertier
Sep 11, 04:16 PM
Go here...
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/0.RSLID?mco=925997E8&nclm=MacBookPro
Down towards the bottom of that page for the MBP where you read all about the computer and what it does, there's a bolded subheading that reads "It's Showtime." IMac and Mac Mini are the only other systems that offer a similar description, but their description heading says "Put on a Show."
That is a little odd, since they're basically all describing the same thing. Why would the MBP say "It's Showtime" yet the iMac and Mac Mini descriptions use "Put on a Show?" How long have these read this way? Is this old or new? Does it have something to do with tomorrows' event, or nothing at all?
Hmmm... very intersting.
Reaching? Coincidence? Apple being coy?
Some what-was-his-name?-intern...
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/0.RSLID?mco=925997E8&nclm=MacBookPro
Down towards the bottom of that page for the MBP where you read all about the computer and what it does, there's a bolded subheading that reads "It's Showtime." IMac and Mac Mini are the only other systems that offer a similar description, but their description heading says "Put on a Show."
That is a little odd, since they're basically all describing the same thing. Why would the MBP say "It's Showtime" yet the iMac and Mac Mini descriptions use "Put on a Show?" How long have these read this way? Is this old or new? Does it have something to do with tomorrows' event, or nothing at all?
Hmmm... very intersting.
Reaching? Coincidence? Apple being coy?
Some what-was-his-name?-intern...
Dr Kevorkian94
Apr 9, 06:15 PM
The answer is 288.
Back to 7th grade Math: Order of operations= PEMDAS
Parentheses first 9+3=12
Then division 48/2=24 because 24X2 is 48. Multiplication and division go together.
Then multiplication because they are next to each other. 24(12)=288
this is the only way to do it, why is there even an other answer?
Back to 7th grade Math: Order of operations= PEMDAS
Parentheses first 9+3=12
Then division 48/2=24 because 24X2 is 48. Multiplication and division go together.
Then multiplication because they are next to each other. 24(12)=288
this is the only way to do it, why is there even an other answer?
No comments:
Post a Comment