lordonuthin
Mar 27, 09:45 PM
I just realized that mc68k hasn't had any points since the 14th of March, hope he hasn't gotten in trouble for folding on company machines...
razzmatazz
Aug 6, 11:43 PM
Ok - I've been into Macs for a couple years now, so I don't have the history with the company of many of you do.
That said, it seems to me that with these ads or banners for Leopard, that it is closer to being released than we all might think. Has Apple promoted a product this way -- bashing M$ -- with out releasing the product soon after?
To me it just seems like real strong words to use if Leopard wont be out for a while, esp. if it will only be released around the time Vista will be next year.
Anyone know what I mean, or feel the same way?
They did they same thing when introducing Tiger...say things like "Redmond we have a problem" or "Introducing Longhorn"
I don't think you'll be seeing Leopard till end of this year to beginning of next year
Edit: Look at the pics above this post :-)
That said, it seems to me that with these ads or banners for Leopard, that it is closer to being released than we all might think. Has Apple promoted a product this way -- bashing M$ -- with out releasing the product soon after?
To me it just seems like real strong words to use if Leopard wont be out for a while, esp. if it will only be released around the time Vista will be next year.
Anyone know what I mean, or feel the same way?
They did they same thing when introducing Tiger...say things like "Redmond we have a problem" or "Introducing Longhorn"
I don't think you'll be seeing Leopard till end of this year to beginning of next year
Edit: Look at the pics above this post :-)
humasect
Jun 22, 11:59 PM
By the way, OS X already runs iOS' and quite nicely too! The iPhone simulator (part of Xcode). It's not many steps from there to dashboard or mixing in apps natively.
One can already use the native keyboard with it and copy and paste and so on, and there are many groups and companies who actually develop and use apps this way already.
One can already use the native keyboard with it and copy and paste and so on, and there are many groups and companies who actually develop and use apps this way already.
kiljoy616
Sep 14, 10:59 AM
When will it stop??
When Iphone 5 comes out, :rolleyes: .
When Iphone 5 comes out, :rolleyes: .
richardsim7
Mar 24, 05:51 PM
As for the person who said the sound quality sucks, I don't know what the hell they're smoking. Maybe they should stop using the default earphones and buy some decent ones, cause the sound quality is perfect!
That would be me ;)
And yes, the quality does suck. I don't think Shure SCL3's are hardly "low end" headphones. My iPhone sounds miles better than my iPod and it's a real shame, because even my old iPod 5G (Video) sounds better :(
That would be me ;)
And yes, the quality does suck. I don't think Shure SCL3's are hardly "low end" headphones. My iPhone sounds miles better than my iPod and it's a real shame, because even my old iPod 5G (Video) sounds better :(
28monkeys
Apr 22, 12:23 AM
The tracking isn't accurate at all!!!!:rolleyes:
Ha-Ha!
Ha-Ha!
paeza
Oct 24, 12:35 AM
Could anyone tell me what is "Santa Rosa " ?
Rt&Dzine
Mar 20, 12:33 PM
Is Apple required to offer this app? If the app gets removed from Apple, the developers can adapt it and try a different application store. I don't see how this is censorship.
NameUndecided
Apr 2, 05:16 PM
On a happier note -- I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet -- DP 2 seems to be taking about 1.5gb less space.
relimw
Sep 6, 10:45 AM
Please explain to me who would buy a mini and why?
I just don't get it when a imac is close in price with a monitor.
What am I missing?
I have two minis, one of which is running headless, one is running with one of my extra monitors. Why would I want to buy yet another monitor? Besides which, if you're using them as a "poor man's build farm" you don't need superdrives.
I just don't get it when a imac is close in price with a monitor.
What am I missing?
I have two minis, one of which is running headless, one is running with one of my extra monitors. Why would I want to buy yet another monitor? Besides which, if you're using them as a "poor man's build farm" you don't need superdrives.

SciFrog
Jan 29, 02:25 AM
Chech the SMP3 thread, maybe we got some advancements on that front...
iRobby
Mar 24, 01:46 PM
Buying my first iMac is getting even better!! can't wait for the refresh!
KnightWRX
Apr 26, 01:57 PM
Add
Windows,
Words
besides others !!
Guys, every trademark is made up of generic words. That's not what people mean when they say App Store is generic. What they actually mean is it is descriptive.
Let's say I open a shoe store. 2 Trademarks :
1- Shoe Box
Both very generic words, same as everyone who argues "Windows! Amazon! Word! it's all generic!" say. However, I'm not trademarking an actual box that contains shoes. I'm trademarking a name for a store. The shoes don't even have to come in boxes.
2- Shoe Store
This one is descriptive. I'm opening a shoe store, I'm deciding to call it Shoe Store. So now, Yellow can't say "Yellow, the best shoe store around!" because that infringes on my mark. That's what people take exception with here. The mark seems descriptive and thus shouldn't be trademarkable. Apple themselves often refer to it in this descriptive nature in their financials and keynotes.
Windows,
Words
besides others !!
Guys, every trademark is made up of generic words. That's not what people mean when they say App Store is generic. What they actually mean is it is descriptive.
Let's say I open a shoe store. 2 Trademarks :
1- Shoe Box
Both very generic words, same as everyone who argues "Windows! Amazon! Word! it's all generic!" say. However, I'm not trademarking an actual box that contains shoes. I'm trademarking a name for a store. The shoes don't even have to come in boxes.
2- Shoe Store
This one is descriptive. I'm opening a shoe store, I'm deciding to call it Shoe Store. So now, Yellow can't say "Yellow, the best shoe store around!" because that infringes on my mark. That's what people take exception with here. The mark seems descriptive and thus shouldn't be trademarkable. Apple themselves often refer to it in this descriptive nature in their financials and keynotes.
dr Dunkel
Apr 20, 02:54 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; sv-se) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
2. HDMI out
Why would be ever see this on an iMac? Mac mini, yes (it was overdue). iMac, never.
HDMI-in would be nice :-)
2. HDMI out
Why would be ever see this on an iMac? Mac mini, yes (it was overdue). iMac, never.
HDMI-in would be nice :-)
SubaruNation555
Nov 24, 06:08 PM
HP ZR24w to replace my 23" Cinema Display. It seems there aren't many 24" IPS 16:10 monitors around for under $500.
http://p.gzhls.at/519550.jpg
http://p.gzhls.at/519550.jpg

bigrobb
Nov 26, 05:36 PM
I just bought a mazda 3 to on Monday, I love it, its fun to drive to.
http://www.uploads.calvinet.com/uploads/1290889627.jpg
=] bought it on Tuesday, of course it had to rain on Wednesday so that's why it's all dirty >.>
More pictures when it's clean :P
http://www.uploads.calvinet.com/uploads/1290889627.jpg
=] bought it on Tuesday, of course it had to rain on Wednesday so that's why it's all dirty >.>
More pictures when it's clean :P
firestarter
Mar 20, 10:27 PM
That's for apple to decide.
And for us to discuss. That's what a discussion forum is for.
I'll say it again: homeopathy is not directly harmful. Ex-gay therapy is.
Repetition doesn't make an argument.
Both can be ignored, both can cause harm if followed. Both masquerade as a 'cure' for something they cannot 'cure'.
Again: how is that directly harmful? Directly. Harmful.
Homeopathy, by advertising falsely and claiming efficacy which cannot be proven encourages people to avoid conventional life saving treatments. How is that not harmful?
Ex-gay is a false path away from the confident and supportive same sex relationship that a homosexual person should be seeking. Seems very analogous.
And for us to discuss. That's what a discussion forum is for.
I'll say it again: homeopathy is not directly harmful. Ex-gay therapy is.
Repetition doesn't make an argument.
Both can be ignored, both can cause harm if followed. Both masquerade as a 'cure' for something they cannot 'cure'.
Again: how is that directly harmful? Directly. Harmful.
Homeopathy, by advertising falsely and claiming efficacy which cannot be proven encourages people to avoid conventional life saving treatments. How is that not harmful?
Ex-gay is a false path away from the confident and supportive same sex relationship that a homosexual person should be seeking. Seems very analogous.
corywoolf
Sep 6, 03:26 PM
How is it expensive? 99$ a year is $8.25 a month...thats not bad!
Luckily I get .Mac for free, but $99 is very expensive when compared to using flcker, gmail, youtube, etc.
Luckily I get .Mac for free, but $99 is very expensive when compared to using flcker, gmail, youtube, etc.
Thirdeye9
Apr 22, 11:02 AM
Ipod touch with a storage of classic... But then we say classic good bye :(
I think apple made mistake calling an Ipod touch - Ipod :) they should call this staff - Itouch :D and there would no be anny problem. Because both machines wouldn't compete with each other and there wouldn't be any discussion which one is better - they would be just different apple staff. And "classic" wouldn't be considered as something old and out of fashion but would sit on his throne of best and timeless mp3 player on market :)
Now if they want turn classic on his road they have to call him "holly grahl of sound" :D and of course improve it a bit.
I think apple made mistake calling an Ipod touch - Ipod :) they should call this staff - Itouch :D and there would no be anny problem. Because both machines wouldn't compete with each other and there wouldn't be any discussion which one is better - they would be just different apple staff. And "classic" wouldn't be considered as something old and out of fashion but would sit on his throne of best and timeless mp3 player on market :)
Now if they want turn classic on his road they have to call him "holly grahl of sound" :D and of course improve it a bit.
jwa276
Nov 15, 09:12 AM
Gosh, I'll be able to email and type Word docs SO much faster!! :p
If all you do is email and type freakin Word documents, why the heck would you spend so much money on a new Mac Pro? You could have been fine buying an iMac or even a MacBook :confused:
Using applications like After Effects, Photoshop, Flash, and other media apps these 8 core computers will ANNIHILATE my render times and cut production times in half, if not chop them into little pieces and spontaneously combust.
Obviously these machines are geared towards video editing, 3d animation, and motion graphics.... hence the PRO after the MAC.
I'll take all the cores I can get, for this will be a huge improvement!!
If all you do is email and type freakin Word documents, why the heck would you spend so much money on a new Mac Pro? You could have been fine buying an iMac or even a MacBook :confused:
Using applications like After Effects, Photoshop, Flash, and other media apps these 8 core computers will ANNIHILATE my render times and cut production times in half, if not chop them into little pieces and spontaneously combust.
Obviously these machines are geared towards video editing, 3d animation, and motion graphics.... hence the PRO after the MAC.
I'll take all the cores I can get, for this will be a huge improvement!!
kntgsp
Sep 14, 11:03 AM
Want to know an issue that actually DOES bother me about iOS devices? No? Well I'm bored so tough.
I still want to know why I can't plug an iPhone into any computer and use it as a mass storage device for quick transfer of large files?
Android can do this, Symbian can do this, it is not difficult. The thing comes with 32GB of space and I can't dedicate even 1GB of that to a mass storage mount? Really? It's one of the biggest business uses I have for the device. I shouldn't have to carry around a USB stick anymore. Hell with Symbian3 you can even plug a USB stick/drive DIRECTLY INTO the Symbian3 phone itself to move files.
Screw you Steve. Seriously, screw you. That is one of the biggest reasons I will continue to jailbreak. That and a complete lack of quick access to my Wifi/Bluetooth/GPS/3G radio controls.
I still want to know why I can't plug an iPhone into any computer and use it as a mass storage device for quick transfer of large files?
Android can do this, Symbian can do this, it is not difficult. The thing comes with 32GB of space and I can't dedicate even 1GB of that to a mass storage mount? Really? It's one of the biggest business uses I have for the device. I shouldn't have to carry around a USB stick anymore. Hell with Symbian3 you can even plug a USB stick/drive DIRECTLY INTO the Symbian3 phone itself to move files.
Screw you Steve. Seriously, screw you. That is one of the biggest reasons I will continue to jailbreak. That and a complete lack of quick access to my Wifi/Bluetooth/GPS/3G radio controls.
Benguitar
Nov 23, 08:04 PM
you planning on treating them rough?
Not really, The reason I spent the money on Oakleys is because from what I've read and seen, Oakley's are tough and will last you years. But also if I travel and don't wish to wear them I want to put them somewhere where they will not be crushed, or drowned, or broken.
I'm also planning on going into the Coast Guard, So if/when I travel or etc, I want to take great care of my equipment & personal belongings.
uh...
that seems awful clunky as a container for a pair of sunglasses...
I got that size because it was the smallest water proof size, I also plan on getting another pair someday.
When I spend $200.00 on a pair of sunglasses, When they are not on my head, I want them put away.
Not really, The reason I spent the money on Oakleys is because from what I've read and seen, Oakley's are tough and will last you years. But also if I travel and don't wish to wear them I want to put them somewhere where they will not be crushed, or drowned, or broken.
I'm also planning on going into the Coast Guard, So if/when I travel or etc, I want to take great care of my equipment & personal belongings.
uh...
that seems awful clunky as a container for a pair of sunglasses...
I got that size because it was the smallest water proof size, I also plan on getting another pair someday.
When I spend $200.00 on a pair of sunglasses, When they are not on my head, I want them put away.
Built
Apr 2, 07:59 PM
Oh dear. How is Stevie going to sleep at night knowing that one potential customer is still on the fence...:rolleyes:
Frankly, they don't give two animal-faecal-secretions about whether you buy it or not.
While you may think your sarcasm-laden post witty, the fact remains that you have not stated any kind of revelation.
They do not care about ONE consumer...but they certainly are going to care about the thousands of units that are being returned and exchanged in hopes of finding one good unit.
I would tell you to review the iPad forum but I have a feeling that message would be lost on somebody so insistent on keeping their head in the sand.
Frankly, they don't give two animal-faecal-secretions about whether you buy it or not.
While you may think your sarcasm-laden post witty, the fact remains that you have not stated any kind of revelation.
They do not care about ONE consumer...but they certainly are going to care about the thousands of units that are being returned and exchanged in hopes of finding one good unit.
I would tell you to review the iPad forum but I have a feeling that message would be lost on somebody so insistent on keeping their head in the sand.
rdowns
Jul 19, 06:33 PM
Here are historical Mac sales by quarter.
1Q2000 - 1,377,000
2Q2000 - 1,043,000
3Q2000 - 1,016,000
4Q2000 - 1,122,000
1Q2001 - 659,000
2Q2001 - 751,000
3Q2001 - 827,000
4Q2001 - 850,000
1Q2002 - 659,000
2Q2002 - 813,000
3Q2002 - 808,000
4Q2002 - 734,000
1Q2003 - 743,000
2Q2003 - 711,000
3Q2003 - 771,000
4Q2003 - 787,000
1Q2004 - 743,000
2Q2004 - 749,000
3Q2004 - 771,000
4Q2004 - 787,000
1Q2005 - 1,046,000
2Q2005 - 1,070,000
3Q2005 - 1,182,000
4Q2005 - 1,236,000
1Q2006- 1,254,000
2Q2006- 1,112,000
3Q2006- 1,327,000
1Q2000 - 1,377,000
2Q2000 - 1,043,000
3Q2000 - 1,016,000
4Q2000 - 1,122,000
1Q2001 - 659,000
2Q2001 - 751,000
3Q2001 - 827,000
4Q2001 - 850,000
1Q2002 - 659,000
2Q2002 - 813,000
3Q2002 - 808,000
4Q2002 - 734,000
1Q2003 - 743,000
2Q2003 - 711,000
3Q2003 - 771,000
4Q2003 - 787,000
1Q2004 - 743,000
2Q2004 - 749,000
3Q2004 - 771,000
4Q2004 - 787,000
1Q2005 - 1,046,000
2Q2005 - 1,070,000
3Q2005 - 1,182,000
4Q2005 - 1,236,000
1Q2006- 1,254,000
2Q2006- 1,112,000
3Q2006- 1,327,000
No comments:
Post a Comment