Silentwave
Sep 6, 11:53 PM
...but we know that the mini-tower is inevitable....:)
For your sake, Aiden, I hope it does come out ;)
For your sake, Aiden, I hope it does come out ;)
Cybix
Aug 24, 07:26 PM
nice one... was looking to buy a mini to 'integrate' into my CAR... might wait now, then pick up a core solo intel for cheap! hopefully....
Dagless
Jun 22, 07:47 PM
Ah yes. A porn free, tightly censored, code controlled desktop machine. That's what everyone wants right? :rolleyes:
If that becomes the future (it is starting to feel that way a bit), then I'll be switching back to Windows full time.
If that becomes the future (it is starting to feel that way a bit), then I'll be switching back to Windows full time.
4God
Aug 29, 03:32 PM
Well, may be off topic but the shipping times on the MacBooks has been inreasing on the Apple Store online U.S. since yesterday. They were at 3-5 business days yesterday and now they're all at 5-7. Could be something, could be nothing.
EDIT: Also, the 17" iMac was at 24 hrs and the 20" iMac was at 1-2 business days when I checked yesterday and now they are both at 1-2 business days.
EDIT: Also, the 17" iMac was at 24 hrs and the 20" iMac was at 1-2 business days when I checked yesterday and now they are both at 1-2 business days.
iberroa
Apr 3, 02:08 AM
beautiful... :apple:
D34thPwny
Jan 2, 12:09 AM
In any case, it should be really cool and innovative!
You know, 'cause, they never do that...
You know, 'cause, they never do that...
im_to_hyper
Jul 19, 03:47 PM
Other than recently, how often have Mac sales been in the million+ a quarter? Didn't 2002 or something only see that many shipped the entire year?
Sergeant Pepper
Feb 18, 02:19 PM
http://f.cl.ly/items/0D1G0S3G0Q1T3C2t462t/102_1807.JPG http://f.cl.ly/items/030l1n3b2q2s3W1k2P2J/102_1808.JPG
http://f.cl.ly/items/081B0d3X0l1d3236063r/102_1809.JPG http://f.cl.ly/items/3g3Q371E03180r3O1p2d/102_1810.JPG
What You See
� 22" Dynex HDTV
� Early 2008 White MacBook
� Apple Magic Mouse
� Apple Bluetooth Keyboard
� Kantek Monitor Stand
� Griffin Elevator Laptop Stand
� Nintendo Wii
� Sony PlayStation 2
� Seagate 1 TB External Hard Drive
� $30 Salvation Army Desk
� $10 Thrift Store Chair
http://f.cl.ly/items/081B0d3X0l1d3236063r/102_1809.JPG http://f.cl.ly/items/3g3Q371E03180r3O1p2d/102_1810.JPG
What You See
� 22" Dynex HDTV
� Early 2008 White MacBook
� Apple Magic Mouse
� Apple Bluetooth Keyboard
� Kantek Monitor Stand
� Griffin Elevator Laptop Stand
� Nintendo Wii
� Sony PlayStation 2
� Seagate 1 TB External Hard Drive
� $30 Salvation Army Desk
� $10 Thrift Store Chair
lordonuthin
Dec 22, 12:00 AM
well today (12.22.09) i hit 3 million. so that was only like 27 days for the last million. i'm happy with that. just gotta keep it going
I was trying to watch when you hit 3 mil but you beat me to it, congrats!
I was trying to watch when you hit 3 mil but you beat me to it, congrats!

Fuchal
Jul 18, 06:58 AM
Paying to rent 320x240 videos with stereo sound is a complete waste of money.
Met
May 3, 12:37 AM
I see myself simply sticking with AppZapper. I prefer to have the control over which of the files get deleted when I'm uninstalling the app. I'm expecting this feature "just works" and doesn't give you this flexibility.
Silentwave
Jul 14, 12:03 AM
Well you know you'll get merom and leopard by that timeframe. Personally, I believe you'll get 802.11n and a blueray option as well - and with a blueray option should come HD as well.
I'm not so sure that 802.11n will necessarily be out as soon as we think. Everything out so far claiming to be it is Pre-N and the standard is not finalized. Although Intel's Santa Rosa chipset is supposed to include it, the standard did not pass last time around and the next vote as far as I can tell is after the introduction date for the Santa Rosa chipset, which will have the 800mt/s FSB version of Merom (and the new socket). Still, i'm with you on that hope. I would love to see Blu-Ray in my macs. Better still if we could get both BR and HD-DVD as BTO in the towers and pick one for the MBPs.
Of course I am really hoping apple gets behind new technologies as fast as they have in the past, particularly in storage formats and interfaces. (BR, HD-DVD, and other future formats that are emerging that may supplant those both quickly for portable discs, SAS/Sata3g/sataII for HD interfaces.
I'm not so sure that 802.11n will necessarily be out as soon as we think. Everything out so far claiming to be it is Pre-N and the standard is not finalized. Although Intel's Santa Rosa chipset is supposed to include it, the standard did not pass last time around and the next vote as far as I can tell is after the introduction date for the Santa Rosa chipset, which will have the 800mt/s FSB version of Merom (and the new socket). Still, i'm with you on that hope. I would love to see Blu-Ray in my macs. Better still if we could get both BR and HD-DVD as BTO in the towers and pick one for the MBPs.
Of course I am really hoping apple gets behind new technologies as fast as they have in the past, particularly in storage formats and interfaces. (BR, HD-DVD, and other future formats that are emerging that may supplant those both quickly for portable discs, SAS/Sata3g/sataII for HD interfaces.
popelife
Jan 3, 06:17 PM
Don't forget the possibility of a 12" MBP. I'm upgrading to a MBP in May, figured I might as well wait until after the release of Leopard, iLife 07, iWork 07 and so on.
Sensible. If you can wait, now is probably a good time to wait. MBP updates are surely somewhere on the horizon.
If a 12" model is available I'd gladly get it as long as it's not under par with current models like Apple did with the Powerbooks.
It may have to be. I'd expect a C2D at 1.6GHz maximum. It's a heat/power/size thing. A 12" MBP would probably also have to use a less power-hungry GPU than the current machines (although something better than Intel graphics).
But for a lot of people, portability will win out over sheer power.
Sensible. If you can wait, now is probably a good time to wait. MBP updates are surely somewhere on the horizon.
If a 12" model is available I'd gladly get it as long as it's not under par with current models like Apple did with the Powerbooks.
It may have to be. I'd expect a C2D at 1.6GHz maximum. It's a heat/power/size thing. A 12" MBP would probably also have to use a less power-hungry GPU than the current machines (although something better than Intel graphics).
But for a lot of people, portability will win out over sheer power.
Bengt77
Sep 1, 01:35 PM
What is the chin. Though, i have heard people talking about it and they said that if there is a 23" it is possible for Apple to eliminate it.
Read the first part of the thread. It's the white border underneath the display. It's where the parts are housed that don't fit behind the display. Well, maybe that's not entirely true. That space is needed for the space behind the display isn't big enough to house all the internals.
So, when a 23" iMac would be released, it will have a whole lot of extra space behind that considerably bigger display. Thus, they might just drop the 'chin'.
Read the first part of the thread. It's the white border underneath the display. It's where the parts are housed that don't fit behind the display. Well, maybe that's not entirely true. That space is needed for the space behind the display isn't big enough to house all the internals.
So, when a 23" iMac would be released, it will have a whole lot of extra space behind that considerably bigger display. Thus, they might just drop the 'chin'.
LethalWolfe
Apr 12, 10:38 PM
You mean made easier to use?
No, I'll take easier to use in a heartbeat unless the way they made it easier to use was to dumb it down. Making something better and making something easier to use aren't necessarily the same thing. An automatic transmission is easier to use than a manual transmission but there are a host of reasons why manual transmission are the better choice.
Lots of the changes to FCP X look very promising. The 'enhanced' labeling/tagging feature for clips sounds great. As does their new stab at having an 'open timeline' (hopefully it works out much better than their current attempt at it). The easy color matching between shots could save me a ton of tedious work that I hate doing assuming it works properly.
I'm not against change itself I'm just against change for the worse or change for the sake of change.
Lethal
No, I'll take easier to use in a heartbeat unless the way they made it easier to use was to dumb it down. Making something better and making something easier to use aren't necessarily the same thing. An automatic transmission is easier to use than a manual transmission but there are a host of reasons why manual transmission are the better choice.
Lots of the changes to FCP X look very promising. The 'enhanced' labeling/tagging feature for clips sounds great. As does their new stab at having an 'open timeline' (hopefully it works out much better than their current attempt at it). The easy color matching between shots could save me a ton of tedious work that I hate doing assuming it works properly.
I'm not against change itself I'm just against change for the worse or change for the sake of change.
Lethal
Veg
Feb 26, 03:20 PM
What stand is that (under the iMac)? What lamp is that? What external HDD is that and what interface does it use? What speakers are those? What iPod/iPhone stand is that?
My friend and I actually built the stand our selves, it serves to provide room for me to slide the keyboard under and just to elevate the imac in general, so it's more at eye level.
My friend and I actually built the stand our selves, it serves to provide room for me to slide the keyboard under and just to elevate the imac in general, so it's more at eye level.
dethmaShine
May 2, 05:26 PM
i think I'm horribly wrong here.
You can drag and drop the app (any deletable) in the trash and it will come up with the same pop up. There's no need to hold down on the app to enable deletion. Fair enough on apple's side.
/rant.
You can drag and drop the app (any deletable) in the trash and it will come up with the same pop up. There's no need to hold down on the app to enable deletion. Fair enough on apple's side.
/rant.

SevenInchScrew
Nov 27, 02:51 PM
Nice! Don't forget to look out a window once in a while. ;)
I went outside when the UPS guy got here earlier. That's enough "outdoors" for a couple days, right?? :D
Question...what was the last open world NFS game? I dont remember the name of it, it was like 5 or 6 years ago, and it was my favorite NFS game.
Most Wanted? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztEx_WhintE) That came out in and was a launch game on the 360. It was quite awesome. I had a lot of fun with that one.
I went outside when the UPS guy got here earlier. That's enough "outdoors" for a couple days, right?? :D
Question...what was the last open world NFS game? I dont remember the name of it, it was like 5 or 6 years ago, and it was my favorite NFS game.
Most Wanted? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztEx_WhintE) That came out in and was a launch game on the 360. It was quite awesome. I had a lot of fun with that one.
N10248
Mar 24, 02:36 PM
How is it silly ? We're talking about a GPU. Even at 1280x800, the Intel GPU sucks, why would it be silly to want to run games on high settings ?
A high end card like the 6970 is designed to run games at max setting across multiple Full HD displays, using it on a single tiny laptop display would only use a small percentage of its power with no visual improvement over a 5770 card.
A high end card like the 6970 is designed to run games at max setting across multiple Full HD displays, using it on a single tiny laptop display would only use a small percentage of its power with no visual improvement over a 5770 card.
0815
Apr 19, 11:43 AM
Just in time - I just decided yesterday that it is time to replace my first generation Intel iMac. I hope they have a 500GB SSD option for the update (the current option of 256 GB SSD is too small and you cant even order them with two 256GB SSDs). Thunderbold would also be nice (no need for it right away, but I guess in a year or two I will be happy to have one)
vvv
Nov 29, 09:46 AM
So. Microsoft’s mouse market share is so large that everyone is Logitech is peeing their pants? How about Microsoft’s total dominance of the Apple ][+ CPM card market?
Give me a break. Show me one area where Microsoft’s hardware has lead to a market share the size of iPod’s hold on MP3 players? I can’t think of a single one, can you?
They have been in the console biz for 1.2 generations, and their second generation console, a "moderate success", is looking like it will "win" this generation of console wars, I know I'm not alone in thinking that.
But I can think of a lot of software plays: Windows, Office, Visual Studio, Project/Visio. I can think of some moderate successes: Windows CE in embedded space, Xbox 360. As well as a lot of failures: Tablet PC, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile, UPMC, Windows Media Center, Plays For Sure, Xbox.
Their software sales are driven by getting in on the ground floor, windows for example, Office, and then trying to destroy all other comers (through various, often unscrupulous means), where as in the hardware market they play catch up, xbox, etc. I think we can all agree it's much easier to get in on the ground floor, than when everyone else is on floor 13.
I don't think MS is as worried about their mice as they are multimedia products, the xbox and the new zune brand are much more important than that, making the MS brand "nicer" more friendly etc. As more and more people want a computer in their living room, MS wants to be there to give it to them. Their mice are fairly well respected the last time I checked anyways.
See, unlike your narrow minded Microsoft fanboy-ism, I realize that the iPod dominance rests under three legs: iTunes, iTunes Music Store, and the iPod. Over the last five(!) years, Microsoft has used canon fodder to attack the latter two while it provided the first and the DRM for the second. Now the Zune is a direct attack, because two people at the top of Microsoft are jealous that after all these years QuickTime is still alive and well. They remember when they told Avi and Jobs to "knife the baby" and it’s really a thorn when they, the most profitable tech company in history, can’t back up that threat with action.
Fanboyism, well when the debate is lost, the loser resorts to slander, I believe socrates said that. Anyways, I'm not a ms fanboy, but I realise that they have tons of money to burn, and that is not going to change any time soon. They own a good portion of apple if I'm not wrong.... They have no reason to not want apple to succeed, nor do I, competition breeds excellence, as I said, if apple is affraid of competition, then it's time for some.
But until Microsoft wipes out Samsung and Creative, I think the burden of proof is on you. I pretty much destroyed your “Xbox is the shiznit” crap: it is, in no way, trending to dominate the market, and it won't even stop bleeding money until 2Q 2007. They’re just hoping Sony stumbles (which they are, but it looks like Nintendo is the primary recipient of Sony’s largess).
How did you destroy the xbox crap? They entered the market, and now with a second generation product are looking like they will have the most market share of all of the next gen consoles, going against a 3rd and 6-7th generation products. It sold more ps3's or wii's on their opening weekend. I own a wii btw, and probably will own a ps3 in a bit. Xbox 360 has sold about 8 million, so far, I believe. It's pretty much agreed upon that they will own the N.A. console market, it's the other markets which are in contention.
As for hoping Sony stumbles... Uh, the reason that sony looks like they are stumbling is because the ps3's online capability is being compared to XBL, that their console is being compared to the xbox, the fact that the ps3 can't output 1080i, wtf is that, and hey that may not be firmware fixable, they retracted that statement, etc etc etc. Go read any review of the PS3, they will mention things that are in direct comparison to the xbox. MS got it right this time, sony didn't. The only thing that is saving sony is their playstation brand name. Again, I'll own a ps3, but not for a while. I was REALLY excited about the ps3, and was a huge ps2 fan, but sony is pissing me off, and many, many other gamers as well. 600 dollars, comon, we all know that is crap, they loaded it with blueray and want us to pay for the pleasure of them shoving their format down our throats, perhaps we would like to play games, not watch your movies sony.
Do you think it is a coincidence that the partner that Microsoft tapped to launch the Zune (Toshiba) was the only major player with less that 2% of the market? And while we are on the topic. Why the hell is Microsoft introducing a hard drive player when the units that Apple is selling and having trouble stocking are flash-based?
Why did ms do that stuff, why are you asking me, I don't know. But maybe just maybe they don't care what apple is doing? Seems plausible to me, they got in on the console market by doing it completely different. Which I know, the 360 is a moderate success, sure, in japan sure.
[I made a tiny error. Xbox sold 1.6 million units its launch quarter. They sold .9 million units last quarter. I got those two quarters confused.]
ps3 has 250K units world wide so far, and most of those are on ebay. lol
Give me a break. Show me one area where Microsoft’s hardware has lead to a market share the size of iPod’s hold on MP3 players? I can’t think of a single one, can you?
They have been in the console biz for 1.2 generations, and their second generation console, a "moderate success", is looking like it will "win" this generation of console wars, I know I'm not alone in thinking that.
But I can think of a lot of software plays: Windows, Office, Visual Studio, Project/Visio. I can think of some moderate successes: Windows CE in embedded space, Xbox 360. As well as a lot of failures: Tablet PC, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile, UPMC, Windows Media Center, Plays For Sure, Xbox.
Their software sales are driven by getting in on the ground floor, windows for example, Office, and then trying to destroy all other comers (through various, often unscrupulous means), where as in the hardware market they play catch up, xbox, etc. I think we can all agree it's much easier to get in on the ground floor, than when everyone else is on floor 13.
I don't think MS is as worried about their mice as they are multimedia products, the xbox and the new zune brand are much more important than that, making the MS brand "nicer" more friendly etc. As more and more people want a computer in their living room, MS wants to be there to give it to them. Their mice are fairly well respected the last time I checked anyways.
See, unlike your narrow minded Microsoft fanboy-ism, I realize that the iPod dominance rests under three legs: iTunes, iTunes Music Store, and the iPod. Over the last five(!) years, Microsoft has used canon fodder to attack the latter two while it provided the first and the DRM for the second. Now the Zune is a direct attack, because two people at the top of Microsoft are jealous that after all these years QuickTime is still alive and well. They remember when they told Avi and Jobs to "knife the baby" and it’s really a thorn when they, the most profitable tech company in history, can’t back up that threat with action.
Fanboyism, well when the debate is lost, the loser resorts to slander, I believe socrates said that. Anyways, I'm not a ms fanboy, but I realise that they have tons of money to burn, and that is not going to change any time soon. They own a good portion of apple if I'm not wrong.... They have no reason to not want apple to succeed, nor do I, competition breeds excellence, as I said, if apple is affraid of competition, then it's time for some.
But until Microsoft wipes out Samsung and Creative, I think the burden of proof is on you. I pretty much destroyed your “Xbox is the shiznit” crap: it is, in no way, trending to dominate the market, and it won't even stop bleeding money until 2Q 2007. They’re just hoping Sony stumbles (which they are, but it looks like Nintendo is the primary recipient of Sony’s largess).
How did you destroy the xbox crap? They entered the market, and now with a second generation product are looking like they will have the most market share of all of the next gen consoles, going against a 3rd and 6-7th generation products. It sold more ps3's or wii's on their opening weekend. I own a wii btw, and probably will own a ps3 in a bit. Xbox 360 has sold about 8 million, so far, I believe. It's pretty much agreed upon that they will own the N.A. console market, it's the other markets which are in contention.
As for hoping Sony stumbles... Uh, the reason that sony looks like they are stumbling is because the ps3's online capability is being compared to XBL, that their console is being compared to the xbox, the fact that the ps3 can't output 1080i, wtf is that, and hey that may not be firmware fixable, they retracted that statement, etc etc etc. Go read any review of the PS3, they will mention things that are in direct comparison to the xbox. MS got it right this time, sony didn't. The only thing that is saving sony is their playstation brand name. Again, I'll own a ps3, but not for a while. I was REALLY excited about the ps3, and was a huge ps2 fan, but sony is pissing me off, and many, many other gamers as well. 600 dollars, comon, we all know that is crap, they loaded it with blueray and want us to pay for the pleasure of them shoving their format down our throats, perhaps we would like to play games, not watch your movies sony.
Do you think it is a coincidence that the partner that Microsoft tapped to launch the Zune (Toshiba) was the only major player with less that 2% of the market? And while we are on the topic. Why the hell is Microsoft introducing a hard drive player when the units that Apple is selling and having trouble stocking are flash-based?
Why did ms do that stuff, why are you asking me, I don't know. But maybe just maybe they don't care what apple is doing? Seems plausible to me, they got in on the console market by doing it completely different. Which I know, the 360 is a moderate success, sure, in japan sure.
[I made a tiny error. Xbox sold 1.6 million units its launch quarter. They sold .9 million units last quarter. I got those two quarters confused.]
ps3 has 250K units world wide so far, and most of those are on ebay. lol
peharri
Jan 1, 06:30 PM
....Steve gets another call 5 mintues later...
...pulls out iPhone
...geeks bumrush the stage and carry Steve off on their shoulders
I find it hard to believe they'll get that excited about a Cisco Wifi phone, especially if a Motorola iTunes phone doesn't do the job...
I guess we'll see more of Leopard.
We might see more of iTV. I think, contrary to what some insist upon here, that iTV will be a standalone box, requiring no additional Mac to work. There's little point in it having storage if it isn't going to be, and a consumer device requiring a computer is something I think Apple wants to get away from. At the same time, what I've seen so far is Apple seperating the media business from the computer business, and wouldn't be surprised if they actually avoid showing iTV (and iPod enhancements) at MWSF.
iPod Phone (or whatever it's called) is a no-no. I'm not ruling out it being a future Apple product, there's too much evidence it exists, I just doubt it'll be there for MWSF, both because it's not a Mac (see above comment) and because I think they'd do an actual keynote. And, as always, for Apple's sake, I hope the rumour is complete rubbish.
iLife - why, yes. Even better would be improvements to iWork, notable some of the missing components added. Apple lacks an office suite. iWork is not an office suite, and Mac enthusiasts do everyone no favours by pretending it is. If Apple are unwilling to complete iWork, they could throw their weight behind NeoOffice.
I really love the game console rumour. It sounds completely made up to me, but now would be a great time to introduce something, even if it's just a low cost Mac mini in practice. The Playstation 3 is a disaster. The Xbox 360 isn't selling in anything like the numbers Microsoft hoped. The only console that's actually moving at the moment is the Wii, and the low power of the thing means it might only have a year of marketability in it. If ever there was a time for Apple to jump into the market, it would be now. But that said, I seriously doubt they will.
...pulls out iPhone
...geeks bumrush the stage and carry Steve off on their shoulders
I find it hard to believe they'll get that excited about a Cisco Wifi phone, especially if a Motorola iTunes phone doesn't do the job...
I guess we'll see more of Leopard.
We might see more of iTV. I think, contrary to what some insist upon here, that iTV will be a standalone box, requiring no additional Mac to work. There's little point in it having storage if it isn't going to be, and a consumer device requiring a computer is something I think Apple wants to get away from. At the same time, what I've seen so far is Apple seperating the media business from the computer business, and wouldn't be surprised if they actually avoid showing iTV (and iPod enhancements) at MWSF.
iPod Phone (or whatever it's called) is a no-no. I'm not ruling out it being a future Apple product, there's too much evidence it exists, I just doubt it'll be there for MWSF, both because it's not a Mac (see above comment) and because I think they'd do an actual keynote. And, as always, for Apple's sake, I hope the rumour is complete rubbish.
iLife - why, yes. Even better would be improvements to iWork, notable some of the missing components added. Apple lacks an office suite. iWork is not an office suite, and Mac enthusiasts do everyone no favours by pretending it is. If Apple are unwilling to complete iWork, they could throw their weight behind NeoOffice.
I really love the game console rumour. It sounds completely made up to me, but now would be a great time to introduce something, even if it's just a low cost Mac mini in practice. The Playstation 3 is a disaster. The Xbox 360 isn't selling in anything like the numbers Microsoft hoped. The only console that's actually moving at the moment is the Wii, and the low power of the thing means it might only have a year of marketability in it. If ever there was a time for Apple to jump into the market, it would be now. But that said, I seriously doubt they will.
soulreaver99
Jan 2, 06:05 PM
http://blog.getitnext.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/02/08_toyota_prius_2.jpg
Toyota Prius 2008 (Stock Photo)
Might get an Infinity or Lexus later this year but this car has been extremely reliable and saved me a ton of gas money since I got it!
Toyota Prius 2008 (Stock Photo)
Might get an Infinity or Lexus later this year but this car has been extremely reliable and saved me a ton of gas money since I got it!
MacBoobsPro
Jul 18, 03:55 AM
Yeah, if it's $9.99 to rent, it's going to fail. $1.99, might be worth it. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy, then a lot of people will complain. Both with have good points, but the rest of us won't care.
This is were the movie bigwigs are shooting themselves in the foot. I would rather pay $5 - $10 for a download (to keep) than $1.99 (or similar) for a rental. More people want to keep the movies and will pay more for them. I.e. more income for the studios etc.
What are they freakin' stupid?
I know for a fact - if it ever makes it to the UK store :mad: - that i will hardly download any if they are on a rental model. If its pay to own i will be downloading loads.
EDIT: And i agree with bigandys post above!
This is were the movie bigwigs are shooting themselves in the foot. I would rather pay $5 - $10 for a download (to keep) than $1.99 (or similar) for a rental. More people want to keep the movies and will pay more for them. I.e. more income for the studios etc.
What are they freakin' stupid?
I know for a fact - if it ever makes it to the UK store :mad: - that i will hardly download any if they are on a rental model. If its pay to own i will be downloading loads.
EDIT: And i agree with bigandys post above!
No comments:
Post a Comment