Kaibelf
Apr 21, 11:41 AM
What about Apple? Why don't they go after them for tracking every little thing you do with their services. If you want to talk about a company that violates & then documents our privacy go after Apple.
Don't be a fool.
You sign up for that when you agree to their TOS and buy their products. I don't recall a single person signing off on having their wi-fi sniffed and recorded by Google's mapping cars. :eek:
Don't be a fool.
You sign up for that when you agree to their TOS and buy their products. I don't recall a single person signing off on having their wi-fi sniffed and recorded by Google's mapping cars. :eek:
lOUDsCREAMEr
Jul 19, 06:41 PM
Here are historical Mac sales by quarter.
1Q2000 - 1,377,000
2Q2000 - 1,043,000
3Q2000 - 1,016,000
4Q2000 - 1,122,000
1Q2001 - 659,000
2Q2001 - 751,000
3Q2001 - 827,000
4Q2001 - 850,000
1Q2002 - 659,000
2Q2002 - 813,000
3Q2002 - 808,000
4Q2002 - 734,000
1Q2003 - 743,000
2Q2003 - 711,000
3Q2003 - 771,000
4Q2003 - 787,000
1Q2004 - 743,000
2Q2004 - 749,000
3Q2004 - 771,000
4Q2004 - 787,000
1Q2005 - 1,046,000
2Q2005 - 1,070,000
3Q2005 - 1,182,000
4Q2005 - 1,236,000
1Q2006- 1,254,000
2Q2006- 1,112,000
3Q2006- 1,327,000
what happened exactly in between 2000-Q4 and 2001-Q1?
1Q2000 - 1,377,000
2Q2000 - 1,043,000
3Q2000 - 1,016,000
4Q2000 - 1,122,000
1Q2001 - 659,000
2Q2001 - 751,000
3Q2001 - 827,000
4Q2001 - 850,000
1Q2002 - 659,000
2Q2002 - 813,000
3Q2002 - 808,000
4Q2002 - 734,000
1Q2003 - 743,000
2Q2003 - 711,000
3Q2003 - 771,000
4Q2003 - 787,000
1Q2004 - 743,000
2Q2004 - 749,000
3Q2004 - 771,000
4Q2004 - 787,000
1Q2005 - 1,046,000
2Q2005 - 1,070,000
3Q2005 - 1,182,000
4Q2005 - 1,236,000
1Q2006- 1,254,000
2Q2006- 1,112,000
3Q2006- 1,327,000
what happened exactly in between 2000-Q4 and 2001-Q1?
Saharaha
Feb 17, 06:15 PM
First few posts to the forum! Long time reader though, so I've seen some pretty amazing set ups that put mine to shame.
College dorm room set up:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/Sahara_03/desk.jpg
College dorm room set up:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h150/Sahara_03/desk.jpg
slackpacker
Apr 13, 05:42 AM
Holy smoke what is with all the bitching in this thread?
Final Cut X is coming! It seems to have all the stuff i'm dying for.. maybe even CUDA support!
I'm sure it all done in Open CL and not CUDA. CUDA would only support a fraction of the users out there since all new Apple Laptops use AMD (ATI)
Final Cut X is coming! It seems to have all the stuff i'm dying for.. maybe even CUDA support!
I'm sure it all done in Open CL and not CUDA. CUDA would only support a fraction of the users out there since all new Apple Laptops use AMD (ATI)
MrTed
Nov 16, 01:58 PM
I'm thinking about my future 8 core Macpro:
2 questions for you:
- Do you think the 8 core proc will produce a lot more heat than the current core duo 2 ? I'm asking because I need a very quiet computer ...
-As always: shall we expect this one in the Macpro before 2007 ?
thx !
2 questions for you:
- Do you think the 8 core proc will produce a lot more heat than the current core duo 2 ? I'm asking because I need a very quiet computer ...
-As always: shall we expect this one in the Macpro before 2007 ?
thx !
Choppaface
Oct 23, 11:28 PM
I've got a dual 2.33ghz Core 2 Duo in my mac mini and its FASTTTTT the new mbps will be nice BUY BUY BUY
Tronic
Mar 25, 08:26 PM
What I would like to see is 1080p out via wifi to apple TV, thus negating the need for dock connector out as seen in the video. Then companies will start developing in the opposite direction. IE apps optimized to take advantage of the apple TVs power while using the ipad/iphone/itouch as remotes/controllers.
odyssey924
Apr 13, 12:16 AM
Here's the deal...(and I just realized that the way this is written might make it look like I have earlier posts in this thread. I don't. I'm jumping in right here.)
The reason that I think pros fear "dumbed down" isn't so much because they want something that is difficult to use, but rather because sometimes making difficult things easy makes things that were previously easy difficult, or impossible.
So just this week I had to help somebody with an iMovie problem. There was a part where they had 3 overlapping audio tracks. Movie audio, voiceover, and music. Try as they might, and try as I might, we could not get the movie audio to actually go away -- even though we had set it's volume level to "0%."
Oh...and did I mention that they're on a white iBook? Fine machine, but a little slow. So I copy their iMovie stuff onto an external drive so we can look at it on my Core i7 iMac instead.
Except iMovie on my iMac won't recognize the project on an external drive. I know that supposedly iMovie is supposed to...but it won't work. So I have to copy the files onto my iMac, and then iMovie magically sees them...because they're in the spot that iMovie wants files to be in.
Well the only way to get the clips to work right that I could come up with, was to actually run all their clips through Quicktime 7 and just delete the audio track off them. Voila! No audio track for iMovie to play, when it's not supposed to.
My point is that I spent 30 minutes dinking around with the "Easy" iMovie to do what would have taken me 10 seconds to do in Final Cut. (Select audio. Delete.)
And that's pretty much my experience every time I get lulled into trying to run a quick project through iMovie. Everything seems to be going well, I'm even sort of enjoying myself (Don't tell anyone), then I hit a snag or a wall...bump up into some limitation of iMovie that there isn't a very good work-around to...and wish that I'd just used Final Cut to begin with.
So while I agree that there are those who want pro tools to be difficult simply for the sake of having a high barrier of entry...
...I also think there are a ton of us that are just afraid that the cost of these new and handy features will be that some of the things we rely on doing, especially things that are a little "hackish," will become difficult/impossible. In the name of simplicity.
It's like my iPhone. I love it to pieces, and I don't plan to have any other type of phone any time soon, but sometimes I wish for a few more advanced features...features that are available (Usually through third-party tools) on Android. Instead I'm stuck hoping and wishing and praying that Apple will implement them.
+1 here. Every time I've tried to use iMovie for a "quick" edit it always ends in disasters like this. In my case, I was trying to move some music around and time my edits with the music. It was really infuriating trying to do this in iMovie compared to how fast I could have done it in FCP. I guess we'll have wait till Apple posts more info or we get it in our hands to really tell if it can be run like the current FCP.
The reason that I think pros fear "dumbed down" isn't so much because they want something that is difficult to use, but rather because sometimes making difficult things easy makes things that were previously easy difficult, or impossible.
So just this week I had to help somebody with an iMovie problem. There was a part where they had 3 overlapping audio tracks. Movie audio, voiceover, and music. Try as they might, and try as I might, we could not get the movie audio to actually go away -- even though we had set it's volume level to "0%."
Oh...and did I mention that they're on a white iBook? Fine machine, but a little slow. So I copy their iMovie stuff onto an external drive so we can look at it on my Core i7 iMac instead.
Except iMovie on my iMac won't recognize the project on an external drive. I know that supposedly iMovie is supposed to...but it won't work. So I have to copy the files onto my iMac, and then iMovie magically sees them...because they're in the spot that iMovie wants files to be in.
Well the only way to get the clips to work right that I could come up with, was to actually run all their clips through Quicktime 7 and just delete the audio track off them. Voila! No audio track for iMovie to play, when it's not supposed to.
My point is that I spent 30 minutes dinking around with the "Easy" iMovie to do what would have taken me 10 seconds to do in Final Cut. (Select audio. Delete.)
And that's pretty much my experience every time I get lulled into trying to run a quick project through iMovie. Everything seems to be going well, I'm even sort of enjoying myself (Don't tell anyone), then I hit a snag or a wall...bump up into some limitation of iMovie that there isn't a very good work-around to...and wish that I'd just used Final Cut to begin with.
So while I agree that there are those who want pro tools to be difficult simply for the sake of having a high barrier of entry...
...I also think there are a ton of us that are just afraid that the cost of these new and handy features will be that some of the things we rely on doing, especially things that are a little "hackish," will become difficult/impossible. In the name of simplicity.
It's like my iPhone. I love it to pieces, and I don't plan to have any other type of phone any time soon, but sometimes I wish for a few more advanced features...features that are available (Usually through third-party tools) on Android. Instead I'm stuck hoping and wishing and praying that Apple will implement them.
+1 here. Every time I've tried to use iMovie for a "quick" edit it always ends in disasters like this. In my case, I was trying to move some music around and time my edits with the music. It was really infuriating trying to do this in iMovie compared to how fast I could have done it in FCP. I guess we'll have wait till Apple posts more info or we get it in our hands to really tell if it can be run like the current FCP.
random47
Feb 21, 04:45 PM
Hi, can anyone explain me how is the Cinema Display 30" "flying" in Transporteur's 2007 setup (page 79, Part 13)? :confused:
Is he using a VESA wall mount?
Thanks!
I don't think it is flying. I think is it leaning towards the wall.
Is he using a VESA wall mount?
Thanks!
I don't think it is flying. I think is it leaning towards the wall.
lizard79
Dec 3, 03:40 AM
one thing i was wondering about the iTV is: why hasn't it got an iPod dock on top of it?!
roadbloc
May 3, 09:02 AM
THE KILLER FEATURE! :rolleyes:
Seriously, clicking and holding, pressing an x and then confirming sounds a hell of a lot harder than dragging to the trash. This is change for iOS's sake.
Seriously, clicking and holding, pressing an x and then confirming sounds a hell of a lot harder than dragging to the trash. This is change for iOS's sake.
GeeYouEye
Jan 2, 06:15 PM
Guaranteed, or almost guaranteed:
iWork 07
iLife 07
iTV
Very likely:
A new feature or two in Leopard, possibly with a release month
A new Jam Pack or 2
More iPod games
Likely:
Speed bump to one or more Mac lines
Demo of Photoshop CS 3
Update to some pro software app (but not all)
Less likely:
Discontinuation of Appleworks (only if iWork '07 includes a spreadsheet)
release date for Leopard
Major upgrade to Mac mini (video card upgrade) or MacBook Pro
New Displays
iPhone
Touch-screen video iPod
Unlikely:
New iMac form factor
Major upgrade to any line other than mini or MBP
New consumer software other than a spreadsheet addition to iWork
Upgrade to Logic, Filemaker, Shake, or Aperture
Immediate release of Leopard
New iPod form factor (iPod Micro, for example)
802.11n
"Yeah, no.":
New Pro App
New iPod Hi-Fi
xMac or any other new Mac line
Any new Apple peripherals (ie printer, scanner, camera, speakers.)
PCI(e) slots in anything but the Mac Pro :(
Apple switches back to PPC.
New kernel in Leopard
There, did I miss anything?
iWork 07
iLife 07
iTV
Very likely:
A new feature or two in Leopard, possibly with a release month
A new Jam Pack or 2
More iPod games
Likely:
Speed bump to one or more Mac lines
Demo of Photoshop CS 3
Update to some pro software app (but not all)
Less likely:
Discontinuation of Appleworks (only if iWork '07 includes a spreadsheet)
release date for Leopard
Major upgrade to Mac mini (video card upgrade) or MacBook Pro
New Displays
iPhone
Touch-screen video iPod
Unlikely:
New iMac form factor
Major upgrade to any line other than mini or MBP
New consumer software other than a spreadsheet addition to iWork
Upgrade to Logic, Filemaker, Shake, or Aperture
Immediate release of Leopard
New iPod form factor (iPod Micro, for example)
802.11n
"Yeah, no.":
New Pro App
New iPod Hi-Fi
xMac or any other new Mac line
Any new Apple peripherals (ie printer, scanner, camera, speakers.)
PCI(e) slots in anything but the Mac Pro :(
Apple switches back to PPC.
New kernel in Leopard
There, did I miss anything?
zwida
Sep 6, 08:42 PM
What planet are you on?
I don't know, but I think I'm going to plan for an early retirement there...:)
I don't know, but I think I'm going to plan for an early retirement there...:)
dr Dunkel
Mar 24, 02:38 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; sv-se) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)
6970 iMac... wouldn't that be something...
6970 iMac... wouldn't that be something...
reel2reel
Apr 12, 10:17 PM
Available on the App Store?!?
Seriously, this better come in a box.
I can't get this approved for use without probably buying it myself first, let alone using my own iTunes account, which brings up a whole lot of licensing issues at work. And before you say "create a iTunes account for work."... Tying the corporate credit card to a shared iTunes account? I'd have a better chance of having our CEO give me one of his Jaguars than that. Not to mention, IT would slaughter me for the amount of bandwidth I'd use in downloading it.
I was wondering about this, too. How in hell is licensing going to work for companies. Time will tell, I guess.
Seriously, this better come in a box.
I can't get this approved for use without probably buying it myself first, let alone using my own iTunes account, which brings up a whole lot of licensing issues at work. And before you say "create a iTunes account for work."... Tying the corporate credit card to a shared iTunes account? I'd have a better chance of having our CEO give me one of his Jaguars than that. Not to mention, IT would slaughter me for the amount of bandwidth I'd use in downloading it.
I was wondering about this, too. How in hell is licensing going to work for companies. Time will tell, I guess.
AFPoster
Mar 22, 01:08 PM
(Emphasis added.)
I reiterate my suggestion you take advantage of the educational opportunities available to you. Your nascent reasoning ability might benefit. ;)
Got to love auto spell check. Nuisance sorry.
I reiterate my suggestion you take advantage of the educational opportunities available to you. Your nascent reasoning ability might benefit. ;)
Got to love auto spell check. Nuisance sorry.
Eraserhead
Nov 27, 01:30 PM
I think Apple will specifically NOT make a 17" Monitor as Digitimes are so astonishingly innaccurate :rolleyes:.
lordonuthin
Mar 5, 06:22 PM
this is for F@H right? im keen to start up with my numerous amounts of computers.
where do i start? everything is all console based :(
oh wait its an installer thingo.. it wants a key hekp1
You can start here (http://folding.stanford.edu/), ask questions if you need any help or faster - google your question. It's a learning process but most people don't have any problems. AND thanks for joining the team (3446) that is.
Remember to set the machines so they don't sleep ... :p
where do i start? everything is all console based :(
oh wait its an installer thingo.. it wants a key hekp1
You can start here (http://folding.stanford.edu/), ask questions if you need any help or faster - google your question. It's a learning process but most people don't have any problems. AND thanks for joining the team (3446) that is.
Remember to set the machines so they don't sleep ... :p
sauer228
Apr 19, 11:59 AM
Just in time for the back to school promo!
calderone
Apr 3, 08:40 PM
It should be an option, at least. You can hide the toolbar in windowed mode, so you should be able to in fullscreen; I can't see Apple leaving it in its current implementation.
I can. Full screen is in large part based on the iOS, if that holds true the address bar is staying.
I can. Full screen is in large part based on the iOS, if that holds true the address bar is staying.
twoodcc
Mar 1, 12:45 PM
congrats to SciFrog for 5 million points for MacRumors!
kainjow
Apr 10, 01:04 PM
Every car I've owned has been manual, don't see that changing.
1991 Honda Civic Si - no one could drive that as smooth as I could. Kind of wish I still had it, felt like I mastered a rare skill :cool:
1991 Honda Civic Si - no one could drive that as smooth as I could. Kind of wish I still had it, felt like I mastered a rare skill :cool:
xer98
Apr 3, 02:38 PM
A couple of weeks after the product. Most companies have to do it in the other order. Absolutely elegant (keep Coyote as your voice pure pleasure) you should also push some of your adds towards older folks. The interface is brilliant for older folks who do not understand computers. I am buying an iPad2 for my 75 years old mother.
Xpress
Apr 2, 11:42 PM
My backlight bleeds
Mine did too. Returned it to Apple, got a new one in 10 days. No bleeding.:D
Mine did too. Returned it to Apple, got a new one in 10 days. No bleeding.:D
No comments:
Post a Comment