emotion
Aug 16, 09:30 AM
as i have said in a previous thread there was a big article a few months ago that discussed the idea of homes having 'media servers' and you stream your music from home to the ipod instead of having it all stored locally.
Good point. A little like airtunes. This would require maybe just flash storage on the device as the main storage is on the server.
For those saying the download functions could be via an iphone....well from a UK perspective i hope not becasue currently the UK mobile networks charge a fortune for GPRS data transfer that to be honest would not make it at all viable to use that service unless apple has cut a deal with them but i very much doubt that.
We need flat data rates on mobiles in the UK. It will happen (esp. if they want people to embrace 3g that they spent all the money on), it's just when.
Good point. A little like airtunes. This would require maybe just flash storage on the device as the main storage is on the server.
For those saying the download functions could be via an iphone....well from a UK perspective i hope not becasue currently the UK mobile networks charge a fortune for GPRS data transfer that to be honest would not make it at all viable to use that service unless apple has cut a deal with them but i very much doubt that.
We need flat data rates on mobiles in the UK. It will happen (esp. if they want people to embrace 3g that they spent all the money on), it's just when.
sochrisash
Jan 6, 05:40 AM
Woot I'm not the only one!
Here is mine. 72 Super beetle.
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7638/img0174ix.jpg (http://img600.imageshack.us/i/img0174ix.jpg/)
Love the colour! nice
Here is mine. 72 Super beetle.
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7638/img0174ix.jpg (http://img600.imageshack.us/i/img0174ix.jpg/)
Love the colour! nice
AFPoster
Mar 22, 01:08 PM
(Emphasis added.)
I reiterate my suggestion you take advantage of the educational opportunities available to you. Your nascent reasoning ability might benefit. ;)
Got to love auto spell check. Nuisance sorry.
I reiterate my suggestion you take advantage of the educational opportunities available to you. Your nascent reasoning ability might benefit. ;)
Got to love auto spell check. Nuisance sorry.
WilliamBos
Apr 9, 04:40 PM
Manual (stick) shift cars are rare today and I'm wondering how many people still know how to drive them. How did you learn and do you have a desire to own one?
I sure can. Learnt on a Massey 35 before I was 10!! My last car, a 2000 sunfire was a stick. I would not own a small auto car.back in my trucks again: I would not mind a ZF6 Dmax/8.1 truck. But those days are gone, so autos are fine for me.
I sure can. Learnt on a Massey 35 before I was 10!! My last car, a 2000 sunfire was a stick. I would not own a small auto car.back in my trucks again: I would not mind a ZF6 Dmax/8.1 truck. But those days are gone, so autos are fine for me.
PurrBall
Apr 1, 01:06 PM
Screenshots please!
There's a menu when you click +, but other than that it looks the same to me.
279259
There's a menu when you click +, but other than that it looks the same to me.
279259
celticpride678
Apr 3, 01:03 AM
Ooh. Thought you were talking about the installs for both previews. I installed developer preview 2 over the first, so I didn't realize. It still doesn't sound very accurate to me.
Forgive me -- this is what I'm understanding from you:
DP1 can install onto a blank disk/partition.
DP2 can't install on a blank disk/partition. Needs to install as an update on top of DP 1 or Snow Leopard. (?)
That's right (at least from my personal experience). Lion currently uses system files and services from Snow Leopard to reduce its size.
Forgive me -- this is what I'm understanding from you:
DP1 can install onto a blank disk/partition.
DP2 can't install on a blank disk/partition. Needs to install as an update on top of DP 1 or Snow Leopard. (?)
That's right (at least from my personal experience). Lion currently uses system files and services from Snow Leopard to reduce its size.
gnasher729
Apr 26, 04:03 PM
trademarking app store. How pompous. What's next, trademarking computer store, book store, pet store? LOL.
Well, last saturday I went to a shopping centre, and they had two computer stores, at least three book stores, a pet store, and exactly zero app stores. Have you ever, ever in your life gone to an app store? You know anyone who works as a sales assistant in an app store? Any app stores offering jobs?
Well, last saturday I went to a shopping centre, and they had two computer stores, at least three book stores, a pet store, and exactly zero app stores. Have you ever, ever in your life gone to an app store? You know anyone who works as a sales assistant in an app store? Any app stores offering jobs?
lapeno
Mar 24, 01:59 PM
Great news:D:D
TangoCharlie
Sep 1, 12:05 PM
I couldn't disagree with you more.
This size represents the iMac that can display Full resolution 1080p HD content. If they introduce this and then eventually throw a Blu-ray in there they've got the killer combination. Front Row is already setup to be a home-theatre replacement. I mean come on, it's basically an HDTV...it's 1080p, it's got a remote, and it's got front row... This will sell like crack... Digital crack...
I think you're absolutely right!! They need to stick in a couple of digial tuners in it too tho.....
This size represents the iMac that can display Full resolution 1080p HD content. If they introduce this and then eventually throw a Blu-ray in there they've got the killer combination. Front Row is already setup to be a home-theatre replacement. I mean come on, it's basically an HDTV...it's 1080p, it's got a remote, and it's got front row... This will sell like crack... Digital crack...
I think you're absolutely right!! They need to stick in a couple of digial tuners in it too tho.....
cmaier
Apr 2, 07:36 PM
this commercial makes ipad seemed like it's only for kids.
A lot of kids you know looking at CAT scans?
A lot of kids you know looking at CAT scans?
ErikCLDR
Feb 7, 04:32 PM
2005 LR3 SE, mountain road in Northern New Hampshire
Very nice, how's yours holding up?
My parents have '07 LR3 and an '07 Range Rover sport. Both have been very reliable aside from some software issues in the RRS that were quickly sorted out. There have been a couple little things but overall they have been much more reliable than our previous Discoveries.
We had an LR4 as a loaner and it's like night and day over the LR3. The interior is significantly nicer and the ride is smoother.
Very nice, how's yours holding up?
My parents have '07 LR3 and an '07 Range Rover sport. Both have been very reliable aside from some software issues in the RRS that were quickly sorted out. There have been a couple little things but overall they have been much more reliable than our previous Discoveries.
We had an LR4 as a loaner and it's like night and day over the LR3. The interior is significantly nicer and the ride is smoother.
stoid
Mar 18, 09:37 AM
People have been hollering for a cheaper Mac every since there has been Macintosh. You must realize that Apple, unlike most computer companies, is in the business of creating quality products. Were Apple to release a cheap Mac it would shatter Apple's reputation of making slick quality products that are a joy to own. If you want a cheap pile of crap computer that you'll have to throw away in a year, go buy Dell of whatever. That's not Apple's target market.
macidiot
Jul 19, 04:15 PM
Wait till next quarter when the MacPro line-up comes out and new iPods etc..

Back to Polestar Volvo C30

Volvo C30 Polestar Performance

+gear+volvo+c30+polestar

Volvo has cooperated with its

The look of Volvo#39;s C30

Volvo+c30+polestar+top+
Mattsasa
Mar 24, 02:49 PM
Please don't put an AMD 5XXX series into the new iMacs! :(
Why not????
Why not????
toddybody
Mar 24, 02:24 PM
Lian Li Hackintosh yo.
Fiveos22
Aug 6, 09:52 PM
Nothing they haven't done before. Like the "Redmond, start your photocopiers" thing for Tiger. And Redmond did exactly that, it seems. ;)
--Eric
They did at WWDC '04 (when Tiger was introduced) with slogans like "Redmond, Start Your Photocopiers" and the word "Longhorn" in the Spotlight search field. ;)
http://www.preshaa.com/archive/work/ninja.jpg
/ninja'd!
//sorry, I had to
--Eric
They did at WWDC '04 (when Tiger was introduced) with slogans like "Redmond, Start Your Photocopiers" and the word "Longhorn" in the Spotlight search field. ;)
http://www.preshaa.com/archive/work/ninja.jpg
/ninja'd!
//sorry, I had to
Abstract
Nov 27, 04:19 AM
After being here for 3 years, Surely he's not a troll. ;)
E.Lizardo
Mar 25, 07:48 PM
Good luck performing multi-touch and gestures with buttons and joysticks. :rolleyes:
Good luck watching two screens at the same time.
Good luck watching two screens at the same time.
dorramide7
Oct 17, 11:48 PM
I don't know of anyone having a problem with the new iphone! I know that it is possible to make the reception problem happen, but I could also "make" reception problems happen on every cell phone I've ever owned.
Does Consumer Reports stop recommending automobile purchases? Because you know if there is an issue with a car, the manufacturer will issue a recall. If you are affected, you have to take it into a dealer where it will be fixed. The onus is on the owner of the car, for crying out loud! The auto manufacturers should go house to house providing the fix for free to all cars, whether their owners report a problem or not!
Wait, you mean Consumer Reports does not hold the auto manufacturers to the same artificial standard they hold Apple to? How amazing...
Does Consumer Reports stop recommending automobile purchases? Because you know if there is an issue with a car, the manufacturer will issue a recall. If you are affected, you have to take it into a dealer where it will be fixed. The onus is on the owner of the car, for crying out loud! The auto manufacturers should go house to house providing the fix for free to all cars, whether their owners report a problem or not!
Wait, you mean Consumer Reports does not hold the auto manufacturers to the same artificial standard they hold Apple to? How amazing...
alongezong
Apr 3, 04:00 AM
Advertising we can enjoy. Simple, effective, and clean.
Apple seems to do just about everything right, including their advertising.
Jobs for Prez?
Apple seems to do just about everything right, including their advertising.
Jobs for Prez?
Rt&Dzine
Mar 22, 10:52 AM
I don't think that apple should be in the business of approving apps.
I think they should do their best to categorize them and create methods to protect certain age groups from accessing inappropriate apps.
But otherwise get out of the business of approving 'this' while denying 'that'.
Should this apply to Apple's competitors as well? Or only Apple should not be allowed to approve/disapprove apps?
I think they should do their best to categorize them and create methods to protect certain age groups from accessing inappropriate apps.
But otherwise get out of the business of approving 'this' while denying 'that'.
Should this apply to Apple's competitors as well? Or only Apple should not be allowed to approve/disapprove apps?
Habakuk
Mar 26, 03:13 AM
touchArcade wrote (http://toucharcade.com/2011/03/25/digging-into-ipad-2s-hdmi-out-and-what-it-means-for-games/): "…clean digital signal while the VGA and component cables provide analog output only (and lack audio information)."
This is not true. The component (and composite) cable provides audio. The VGA does not. It's okay that the small iDevices offer multiple video out (and audio out) options:
- Headphone out
- Docks (balanced analog audio out only)
- Component cable
- Composite cable (not compatible with Component)
- VGA adapter
- HDMI
- and last but not least wireless Apple TV 2
They all offer different options and techniques for different purposes. Digital/analog, CRT TV sets, balanced/unbalanced audio, mirroring or not. Serves for just viewing your photos and videos, for DJs, VJs, video editing, presentations etc.
I am using them frequently. There should be an article that points out the differences. I am sure even the software devs don't know exactly everything on that topic.
This is not true. The component (and composite) cable provides audio. The VGA does not. It's okay that the small iDevices offer multiple video out (and audio out) options:
- Headphone out
- Docks (balanced analog audio out only)
- Component cable
- Composite cable (not compatible with Component)
- VGA adapter
- HDMI
- and last but not least wireless Apple TV 2
They all offer different options and techniques for different purposes. Digital/analog, CRT TV sets, balanced/unbalanced audio, mirroring or not. Serves for just viewing your photos and videos, for DJs, VJs, video editing, presentations etc.
I am using them frequently. There should be an article that points out the differences. I am sure even the software devs don't know exactly everything on that topic.
kdarling
Apr 21, 06:56 PM
The existence of this data has been known for some time now.
But not well known, and there was no app that allowed everybody to easily see it.
There was a lot of misinformation about it at first, which is the reason why the Senator made the request for more info.
As it turns out, it's almost certainly a simple coding goof that leaves location response data cached for at least a year, perhaps forever.
If they're smart, Apple will release a statement this weekend, so it can be a dead news issue by Monday morning stock opening.
But not well known, and there was no app that allowed everybody to easily see it.
There was a lot of misinformation about it at first, which is the reason why the Senator made the request for more info.
As it turns out, it's almost certainly a simple coding goof that leaves location response data cached for at least a year, perhaps forever.
If they're smart, Apple will release a statement this weekend, so it can be a dead news issue by Monday morning stock opening.
FireStar
Oct 14, 03:59 PM
I didn't yet. I'm sort of torn. I keep trying to think why it would be good to have a "backup" case, but I really haven't come up with one, so it'll probably just go back. Just been too busy to do it. But 20 bucks is 20 bucks, I should definitely bring that sucker back.
I agree. I thought the light blue was.... Ugly, I guess. I much prefer the translucent black.
I agree. I thought the light blue was.... Ugly, I guess. I much prefer the translucent black.
No comments:
Post a Comment