ppc_michael
May 6, 03:35 AM
...and I think that will be the time to free myself from Apple bondage and return to the Windows fold. Especially if this is a sign that Apple are moving away from "proper" computers and pouring everything into iOS. :(
I jumped back to Windows recently after being Apple-exclusive since 1997 precisely because of the iOS direction everything is taking. Honestly? Not that hard of a transition. :P
As for the ARM thing, Apple has proved its mastery of the architecture with its mobile devices, so however radical it may be, the migration it seems plausible to me. Considering I'm just getting comfortable with x64 Assembly I wish it didn't. ;)
Might piss off the developer base though.
I jumped back to Windows recently after being Apple-exclusive since 1997 precisely because of the iOS direction everything is taking. Honestly? Not that hard of a transition. :P
As for the ARM thing, Apple has proved its mastery of the architecture with its mobile devices, so however radical it may be, the migration it seems plausible to me. Considering I'm just getting comfortable with x64 Assembly I wish it didn't. ;)
Might piss off the developer base though.
tripjammer
Mar 28, 11:24 AM
The Iphone 5 will come out this summer...they said the same thing about the Ipad 2 and it game out on time.
Has Apple ever let us down?
Has Apple ever let us down?
burningbright
May 6, 06:08 AM
What uncanny timing-- a couple of days after Intel comes out with their 3D chip thing, sending ARM's share price tumbling to artificially affordable prices, this rumour comes out which, if widely accepted, would boost ARM's share price greatly. Someone could potentially make a lot of money out of this. Especially as Semiaccurate's sources are anonymous, I reckon this rumour should be treated with great scepticism.
digitalbiker
Sep 15, 08:59 PM
Just an observation. But, wouldnt it be quicker to just go to an apple store and purchase one rather than wait weeks to get one thru the mail. I know when MBP go to merom, i will be one of the first ones in the store. Maybe im wrong.
Good idea. I'll just hop in my vehicle and drive 600 miles to my nearest Apple Store. Hopefully they won't sell out before I get there.:rolleyes:
Good idea. I'll just hop in my vehicle and drive 600 miles to my nearest Apple Store. Hopefully they won't sell out before I get there.:rolleyes:
daneoni
Sep 11, 03:25 PM
Not really sure if any of the rumoured devices interest me tommorow, as living in the UK we probably will be denied any kind of movie download service (still waiting for tv show downloads to start) The media streaming device might be a cool idea but unless it had support for divx/transport stream files wouldn't really interest me either and cant imagine apple allowing support of an outside player like VLC and without any kind of download structure available to view apple sourced files outside the USA cant imagine it taking off. Having moaned a bit though I have still ordered a 24 imac and cant wait for it to arrive ( I love watching hdtv files on my 20' imac now so 24' must be heaven)
I was just gonna say that. As a UK user i'm not really bothered because we wont be getting anything....its all Yankee based. Heck even the battery recall is practically non-existent. I have yet to hear one UK user receive his/her battery whilst US users are getting theres as soon as 48 hrs of sending their requests.
I was just gonna say that. As a UK user i'm not really bothered because we wont be getting anything....its all Yankee based. Heck even the battery recall is practically non-existent. I have yet to hear one UK user receive his/her battery whilst US users are getting theres as soon as 48 hrs of sending their requests.
MrChurchyard
May 4, 02:55 PM
I think the interesting question is whether they'll do away with "Software Update" as well. And if so, how are they handling stuff like printer driver updates.
Also: Combo updates vs. downloading the whole thing. As the MAS is working right now, it would have to work similarly to XCode, which is just very unefficient.
Also: Combo updates vs. downloading the whole thing. As the MAS is working right now, it would have to work similarly to XCode, which is just very unefficient.
Spoony
Apr 26, 03:40 PM
Hehe, up here in Arlington all I see is either iPhone or Android for personal phones, but everyone (in both camps) seems to have a BB as well...
Ditto in NY. BB for Work, iphone for play
Ditto in NY. BB for Work, iphone for play
milo
Sep 11, 01:14 PM
The only things comin out are the Video Rental service, and a size increase for the Nano.
Move along.
Should we laugh at you now, or wait until the announcment? :rolleyes:
Rumor has it Steve wasn't able to secure download rights..only rental. Guess we'll find out by this time tomorrow.
What's your source? Every rumor site I've seen (and especially Appleinsider, which has the best record lately) says sales.
I want firewire aswell usb 1 is far toooo slow. How my sposed to transfer films with USB, It will take all day.
With USB2, which transfers to iPod about the same speed as FW.
Move along.
Should we laugh at you now, or wait until the announcment? :rolleyes:
Rumor has it Steve wasn't able to secure download rights..only rental. Guess we'll find out by this time tomorrow.
What's your source? Every rumor site I've seen (and especially Appleinsider, which has the best record lately) says sales.
I want firewire aswell usb 1 is far toooo slow. How my sposed to transfer films with USB, It will take all day.
With USB2, which transfers to iPod about the same speed as FW.
rwilliams
Mar 28, 10:35 AM
2012 could easily mean EARLY 2012. That would put the Verizon and AT&T phones on the same release schedule and also set a new precedent for revealing/releasing iPhones in the 1st quarter, WWDC focuses solely on software and operating systems, and the iPad being released in the 3rd/4th quarter (if the iPad 3 rumors pan out). And don't think for a minute that AT&T won't alter their upgrade eligibility dates to let people whose contracts expire this summer (without the release of a new iPhone) upgrade in 2012 for a subsidized price. They're doing everything they can to keep people from jumping ship.
Raineer
Apr 18, 04:46 PM
They have patents but they HAVE to pursue infringers or they can lose the rights to the patents. That's why you see so many patent lawsuits. Unfortunately, that's just how the system works (in very basic terms).
8 pages and no quotes of this. That's all there is to this, folks...
8 pages and no quotes of this. That's all there is to this, folks...
ravenvii
May 4, 01:27 PM
so, the obvious thing is to search this room and then eventually split/move.
everyone agree? Dante?
where do you guys want to go next? forward or back to start to explore the other doors?
BoneHead ^uphere^ could have put traps/monster in either, or both.
Raven, did i assume correctly that new traps and monster can only go in empty rooms (as far as heroes are concerned)? can a room have both a trap and a monster?
Correct, the villain can only place traps/monsters in empty rooms. Yes, a room can have both a trap and a monster.
everyone agree? Dante?
where do you guys want to go next? forward or back to start to explore the other doors?
BoneHead ^uphere^ could have put traps/monster in either, or both.
Raven, did i assume correctly that new traps and monster can only go in empty rooms (as far as heroes are concerned)? can a room have both a trap and a monster?
Correct, the villain can only place traps/monsters in empty rooms. Yes, a room can have both a trap and a monster.
Michaelgtrusa
Apr 21, 04:01 PM
This is good news and very much needed.
xPismo
Jul 21, 05:24 PM
If Intel really can start shipping merom by early August...WWDC would be a perfectly fine place to introduce new MacBook Pros. But I doubt they'll be ready that early.
Personally, I think its about time we have a major case revision. The aluminum PowerBooks have been out for almost three years (september '03 I believe). Don't get me wrong; current design is great: its functional and elegant, but change has to come eventually...
True, but I like my Alu book look - I'd have no problem with a intel powered version. Although marketing being marketing, I'd like to see something new fresh, and awesome too.
BTW ebuc, your sig is nearly exactly what I'm planning on having. Looking at a cube 450 for a home server, and I already have a 20gb iPod. Cubes, insanely great.
Personally, I think its about time we have a major case revision. The aluminum PowerBooks have been out for almost three years (september '03 I believe). Don't get me wrong; current design is great: its functional and elegant, but change has to come eventually...
True, but I like my Alu book look - I'd have no problem with a intel powered version. Although marketing being marketing, I'd like to see something new fresh, and awesome too.
BTW ebuc, your sig is nearly exactly what I'm planning on having. Looking at a cube 450 for a home server, and I already have a 20gb iPod. Cubes, insanely great.
navguy
Jan 2, 03:42 PM
Been using the TomTom car kit since Xmas ... very useful ... and i have no problems with rotation when hiting bumps :)
question:
when window mount, there is a small slightly domed section that looks like it houses the GPS antennae (total guess); however, when i dash mount this section of mount faces down into the dash ... does anyone know where the antennae is? and whether dash mount negatively impacts the receiving signal?
thanks!
question:
when window mount, there is a small slightly domed section that looks like it houses the GPS antennae (total guess); however, when i dash mount this section of mount faces down into the dash ... does anyone know where the antennae is? and whether dash mount negatively impacts the receiving signal?
thanks!
The Norman
Mar 28, 11:04 AM
I waited for the white iPhone 4. Then it was too late to switch to black but still fall within AT&T's 1 year policy if the 5 comes out on time. Apple and the phone companies need to figure out some sort of deal for these upgrade timeframes AND keep us all informed.
fxtech
Mar 29, 05:28 PM
Why couldn�t you let it slide? Assuming you don�t like people �imposing� their beliefs on you, why would you impose yours on others? I think there�s a word for that.
Well considering less than 15% of Japanese are religious at all, you have to wonder who benefits from the prayers. Just the 15% who believe in that stuff? All of them? The person doing the praying? Things that make you go "hmmmm".
Well considering less than 15% of Japanese are religious at all, you have to wonder who benefits from the prayers. Just the 15% who believe in that stuff? All of them? The person doing the praying? Things that make you go "hmmmm".
ECUpirate44
Apr 10, 06:04 PM
Just gave the problem to my 12 year old brother. Yup, its 288. To all you people who still believe it's 2, I hope you don't deal with math a lot in your careers. It might also be a good idea for you to hire somebody else to do your taxes ;)
Timepass
Jul 30, 11:15 PM
That is pure, Apple style right there. Of course, I don't picture this phone being a flip phones. I believe (and hope) flip phones are on their way out. They were a fad, but aren't as practical as candy bar phones. They have more moving parts that can break and take longer to answer, especially if your hands are full or you're driving your car. (All you flip-phone people out there, before you start lashing out in defense, just accept those statements as truth, because you know they are.) Nothing beats hearing your phone, looking down, and pushing a button to start talking. As far as accidently calling people, I lock my phone with the push of a button and don't have any problems.
I am surpise no one said anything in the rest of the pages about this but I am just going to say What...
I hate the candy bar phones and I would never get the apple iPhone is it was not a flip phone.
Reason I like the flip phone. When talking on it it a closer to the size of a normal phone so it is easy to hold and talk on. Close it and it smaller than you candy bar phone in demition and fits in my pocket better.
I dont have to deal with a keygaurd and forgetting to put it on and I dont have to deal with turn it off. Just close my phone and every thing is covered.
I find it EASIER to answer them. Phone rings I glance down at the outside LCD and flip the phone open (all with one hand) and the call is answer (answer on flip) or I hit one of the side buttons to turn off the ringer all of this with out have to look at the phone. I can turn off the ringer with out taking it out of my pocket (cannt do that on a candy bar). Compare to a candy bar phone I would glace down at the LCD to see who is and then I would have to hit the talk button to answer it. yet again the flip phone wins
And to top all that off the main LCD and keys are ALWAYS protected when the phone is not in use (candy bar nope).
So far is Flip phone 3 candy bar 0. I like the flip phones long before they where a fad and I will contine to like them after the fad wears off. I didnt go back to candy bar when they where back in again. I stuck with the flip phone and contine to like the flip phone for the advatages I listed above.
I am surpise no one said anything in the rest of the pages about this but I am just going to say What...
I hate the candy bar phones and I would never get the apple iPhone is it was not a flip phone.
Reason I like the flip phone. When talking on it it a closer to the size of a normal phone so it is easy to hold and talk on. Close it and it smaller than you candy bar phone in demition and fits in my pocket better.
I dont have to deal with a keygaurd and forgetting to put it on and I dont have to deal with turn it off. Just close my phone and every thing is covered.
I find it EASIER to answer them. Phone rings I glance down at the outside LCD and flip the phone open (all with one hand) and the call is answer (answer on flip) or I hit one of the side buttons to turn off the ringer all of this with out have to look at the phone. I can turn off the ringer with out taking it out of my pocket (cannt do that on a candy bar). Compare to a candy bar phone I would glace down at the LCD to see who is and then I would have to hit the talk button to answer it. yet again the flip phone wins
And to top all that off the main LCD and keys are ALWAYS protected when the phone is not in use (candy bar nope).
So far is Flip phone 3 candy bar 0. I like the flip phones long before they where a fad and I will contine to like them after the fad wears off. I didnt go back to candy bar when they where back in again. I stuck with the flip phone and contine to like the flip phone for the advatages I listed above.
Yamcha
Mar 28, 11:42 AM
I'm surprised at the response, I'm personally looking more forward to Mac OS then anything else, I couldn't care much for the next iPhone..
err404
Apr 5, 01:23 PM
Honestly, I hope Toyota tells Apple to stuff it.
Too late. They already agreed to pull it.
I was more disappointed in Cydia's public response to the request. If the want to appear more legitimate, they should assume that conversations with 'clients' are confidential.
BTW - Apple can reasonably be expected to want iOS to be portrayed in a specific light. I think it's fine for Apple to have asked for the take down, so long as they did not threaten to take action against Toyota.
Too late. They already agreed to pull it.
I was more disappointed in Cydia's public response to the request. If the want to appear more legitimate, they should assume that conversations with 'clients' are confidential.
BTW - Apple can reasonably be expected to want iOS to be portrayed in a specific light. I think it's fine for Apple to have asked for the take down, so long as they did not threaten to take action against Toyota.
chris975d
Mar 27, 07:23 AM
You mean 12.
18 is correct.
6 WiFi only models:
18 is correct.
6 WiFi only models:
CellarDoor
Aug 11, 11:49 AM
...And please, for the love of all things holy, retire the Powerbook G5 "joke". It never was funny and it certainly isn't funny now.
Agreed.
Agreed.
WildPalms
Sep 10, 11:10 PM
10 hours? Luxury. I dream of being able to download 2GB in 10 hours.
It'll take me over 4 days.
Wow! What kind of slow-ass lines do you people in Australia have to suffer with?
Thats ridiculously slow. :(
It'll take me over 4 days.
Wow! What kind of slow-ass lines do you people in Australia have to suffer with?
Thats ridiculously slow. :(
Multimedia
Jul 23, 11:24 PM
If the new macbook pros are only different in the chips, will there be a way to upgrade to core 2 duo if you have a previous macbook pros?No. Processors Are Soldered In MacBooks and MacBook Pros So No Upgrades Are Possible.
The way you do the upgrade is by selling your current model and buying the next one. It's called rolling over your Mac for the next one. Some of us here have done it numerous times. It's not hard to get a good price for your used Mac. By doing this at the beginning of every update, it only cost you a few hundred dollars to move up each time.
The way you do the upgrade is by selling your current model and buying the next one. It's called rolling over your Mac for the next one. Some of us here have done it numerous times. It's not hard to get a good price for your used Mac. By doing this at the beginning of every update, it only cost you a few hundred dollars to move up each time.
No comments:
Post a Comment