MacinDoc
Oct 23, 09:08 PM
AppleInsider (http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2165) is posting new part numbers, presumably for new 15" MBPs...

Audi R8 Spyder Prices,

Audi R8 Spyder Front view

2010 Audi R8 Spyder Price

2011 Audi R8 5.2 Spyder

2011 Audi R8 Spyder Priced

2010 Abt Audi R8 Spyder

Tuning: Audi R8 Spyder

builds the Audi R8 Spyder

the leading manufacturer has previewed Lessthe all new audi coup and Splendid features and design at Audi+r8+spyder+price went down in news and terrific

Back to Audi R8 Spyder price Gallery Audi R8 Spyder 43.jpg. Audi R8 Spyder 43

Audi R8 Spyder -Stills,review

Audi R8 Spyder: now in V8

Audi R8 Spyder has got good

Audi R8 Spyder 5.2 FSI quattro

2009 Frankfurt: 2010 Audi R8

2010 Abt Audi R8 Spyder

Previewed torrance, sep here goes the r v Spring and tagged audi cars audi priced from Audi+r8+spyder+price Several european countries list of germanr v

Audi R8 Spyder review
leekohler
Mar 22, 01:00 PM
I don't believe any was born gay, that's my opinion. I believe you make the choice in your life, just like you make the choice on what career you want and college you desire to go to. I have friends that were once married (guy/girl) and then divorced because they liked their sex better. So now they are openly gay and happy.
You opinion may be true of some people- not all. I did not choose to be attracted to guys. I also could never have sex with a woman. It's not physically possible for me, if you get my meaning. Stop telling other people that you know everything about them. You don't. Not everyone is the same.
You opinion may be true of some people- not all. I did not choose to be attracted to guys. I also could never have sex with a woman. It's not physically possible for me, if you get my meaning. Stop telling other people that you know everything about them. You don't. Not everyone is the same.
Edge100
Sep 1, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure about this one. It will depend on how agressively Apple prices these.
I have a 20" iMac, and with my edu discount (at the time), I paid about $2500 (Canadian) for it with 2GB RAM (from Apple...was cheaper than anywhere else, believe it or not!), 256MB VRAM, and a 250GB HD.
For about $350-450, I can get a decent (not great, but decent) 20" widescreen display and hook it up to my iMac, giving me 3360 x 1050 resolution, which is plenty wide enough to display 36+ faders in Logic, plus some other apps (Live, Reason) that I use with it. A 23" display would only give me 1920 x 1200.
The point is: depending on how Apple prices it, I can get the 20" plus an external monitor and get more space for less money.
I can see this working if (a) the 23" isn't substantially more expensive than the 20" AND (b) there are a few other things (i.e. bigger HD, more RAM, faster/better vid card) to distinguish the machines. This is the precise reason I didn't get the 500GB drive in my iMac...I went up to 250, but I could make up the additional 250GB over Firewire for a lot less.
Either way, these should be sweet. I love my iMac (it does EVERYTHING I need today) and I don't anticipate upgrading for a number of years (well, maybe I'll slap in a Merom after the Applecare expires!)
Anyway, just my two cents.
I have a 20" iMac, and with my edu discount (at the time), I paid about $2500 (Canadian) for it with 2GB RAM (from Apple...was cheaper than anywhere else, believe it or not!), 256MB VRAM, and a 250GB HD.
For about $350-450, I can get a decent (not great, but decent) 20" widescreen display and hook it up to my iMac, giving me 3360 x 1050 resolution, which is plenty wide enough to display 36+ faders in Logic, plus some other apps (Live, Reason) that I use with it. A 23" display would only give me 1920 x 1200.
The point is: depending on how Apple prices it, I can get the 20" plus an external monitor and get more space for less money.
I can see this working if (a) the 23" isn't substantially more expensive than the 20" AND (b) there are a few other things (i.e. bigger HD, more RAM, faster/better vid card) to distinguish the machines. This is the precise reason I didn't get the 500GB drive in my iMac...I went up to 250, but I could make up the additional 250GB over Firewire for a lot less.
Either way, these should be sweet. I love my iMac (it does EVERYTHING I need today) and I don't anticipate upgrading for a number of years (well, maybe I'll slap in a Merom after the Applecare expires!)
Anyway, just my two cents.
rasmasyean
Mar 19, 09:34 AM
Yup.
You know I am almost always critical of US military action, but in this case...
It might need to be taken.
We do have an obligation to stop atrocities if we are aware of them.
That said, this needs to be an international action, not like the "coalition of the willing" that went into Iraq. In fact, id prefer it if the US was NOT the main force by any stretch. We should give plenty of support, but we should be careful to not give the impression that we are taking the primary role in another conflict.
phht...I'm pretty sure the reason why there is "international action" this time is because it's not only easy to justify, but it has been clearly demonstrated that the US "going in" will result in victory. And this is a tiny weak nation too. At least Iraq was able to off a decent amount of "coalition forces" even though it's still a pin prick. And since Lybia has a lot of oil, "other nations" will be really easy to be persuaded to "save lives of rebels" or whatever. Heck, even the "French" are throwing on the gloves. Which I'm sure many ppl feel we should just shoot them out of the air ourselves. :p I mean, the Frence aren't going to miss out on this one, especially since it's like a given victory with "air support".
I mean, this "cease fire" that's going on. Why is there no ceasfire? Because the West doesn't want it. It's already in motion. Whether it be jamming communications or "rebels staging attacks on themselves for show", it's clear that we've made the decision to go for blood...civilians or not in harms way...to put the regime WE want, into power. They aren't "peaceful"...they look just like those in that picture above in the truck. They struck a deal. Oil for help. And the Frence sadly are apparently in on it too.
You know I am almost always critical of US military action, but in this case...
It might need to be taken.
We do have an obligation to stop atrocities if we are aware of them.
That said, this needs to be an international action, not like the "coalition of the willing" that went into Iraq. In fact, id prefer it if the US was NOT the main force by any stretch. We should give plenty of support, but we should be careful to not give the impression that we are taking the primary role in another conflict.
phht...I'm pretty sure the reason why there is "international action" this time is because it's not only easy to justify, but it has been clearly demonstrated that the US "going in" will result in victory. And this is a tiny weak nation too. At least Iraq was able to off a decent amount of "coalition forces" even though it's still a pin prick. And since Lybia has a lot of oil, "other nations" will be really easy to be persuaded to "save lives of rebels" or whatever. Heck, even the "French" are throwing on the gloves. Which I'm sure many ppl feel we should just shoot them out of the air ourselves. :p I mean, the Frence aren't going to miss out on this one, especially since it's like a given victory with "air support".
I mean, this "cease fire" that's going on. Why is there no ceasfire? Because the West doesn't want it. It's already in motion. Whether it be jamming communications or "rebels staging attacks on themselves for show", it's clear that we've made the decision to go for blood...civilians or not in harms way...to put the regime WE want, into power. They aren't "peaceful"...they look just like those in that picture above in the truck. They struck a deal. Oil for help. And the Frence sadly are apparently in on it too.
twoodcc
Jan 23, 03:44 PM
Our PPD has dropped 20% from the peak, I lost a big unit this week due to a reboot, same old annoying problem...
Can't wait for Gulftown and GPU3...
yeah i've noticed the team has been down. again, i believe the less we chat on this forum, the less members will fold. right now, if one of our top users goes down, our whole team does basically.
i think we need to be more involved on here, and more people will fold.
sorry to hear you lost a big unit. yeah gulftown and gpu3 will be great!
Can't wait for Gulftown and GPU3...
yeah i've noticed the team has been down. again, i believe the less we chat on this forum, the less members will fold. right now, if one of our top users goes down, our whole team does basically.
i think we need to be more involved on here, and more people will fold.
sorry to hear you lost a big unit. yeah gulftown and gpu3 will be great!
theelysium
Apr 21, 11:15 AM
They are blowing it out of proportion.
What about Google? Why don't they go after them for tracking every little thing you do with their services. If you want to talk about a company that violates & then documents our privacy go after Google.
What about Google? Why don't they go after them for tracking every little thing you do with their services. If you want to talk about a company that violates & then documents our privacy go after Google.
rmhop81
Sep 6, 05:21 PM
i know this is off topic but are they ever gonna do anything about the outrageous cost of .Mac subscription?
order it from newegg! $20 cheaper
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832110004
or get the family pack. only $45 more than what apple wants for the cheap single license haha
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832110003
order it from newegg! $20 cheaper
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832110004
or get the family pack. only $45 more than what apple wants for the cheap single license haha
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832110003
Link2999
Sep 26, 11:41 AM
Try using the griffin website. :)
It isn't on there. Just as some of the Grip Vue colors are unavailable.
It isn't on there. Just as some of the Grip Vue colors are unavailable.
BlizzardBomb
Sep 1, 11:58 AM
My guess: 17" dropping to $1,099, 20" to $1,499
$1,999 with more hd, a gig of ram and, hopefully, (i do doubt it though as well) a nice gpu (at least as bto, unlikely though for the imac).
I'd order one right away! :cool:
$1,999 is pushing it a bit IMO. :)
I highly doubt they would killl it off. I think they'd drop the price on it which would make it even more desirable for standard consumers with a budget. Sort of a, why get the mini when I could just pay a bit more for the iMac 17" kind of thing.
Good point, although the suffocating the Mini would be a problem. If the updated Mini is decent enough it should be able to survive though.
$1,999 with more hd, a gig of ram and, hopefully, (i do doubt it though as well) a nice gpu (at least as bto, unlikely though for the imac).
I'd order one right away! :cool:
$1,999 is pushing it a bit IMO. :)
I highly doubt they would killl it off. I think they'd drop the price on it which would make it even more desirable for standard consumers with a budget. Sort of a, why get the mini when I could just pay a bit more for the iMac 17" kind of thing.
Good point, although the suffocating the Mini would be a problem. If the updated Mini is decent enough it should be able to survive though.
SaMaster14
Jan 11, 10:20 AM
Hopefully it's not too big an image... e90 m3. i love this this thing to bits.
Love the M3. Nice car!
And cool chrysler 300 JoeG4. We usually get the Chrysler when we get a rental on vacation.
Love the M3. Nice car!
And cool chrysler 300 JoeG4. We usually get the Chrysler when we get a rental on vacation.
yg17
Apr 10, 12:19 AM
Yes I can drive one. I also think that if you can't drive one, you shouldn't be allowed to drive period. Automatics are just things to get you from point A to B, whereas a standard transmission car is something you use for fun, with getting from point A to B just being a side effect.
-Don
I definitely think driving a manual makes me a safer, more attentive driver.
I'm against crap that makes people lazy like adaptive cruise control, auto headlights and auto wipers and stuff like that, I suppose an automatic can fall in there too. That stuff makes drivers lazy and inattentive because they don't have to concentrate on the road.
-Don
I definitely think driving a manual makes me a safer, more attentive driver.
I'm against crap that makes people lazy like adaptive cruise control, auto headlights and auto wipers and stuff like that, I suppose an automatic can fall in there too. That stuff makes drivers lazy and inattentive because they don't have to concentrate on the road.
HecubusPro
Sep 1, 12:04 PM
If true, this is simply great news all around. The potential for updates, new additions to existing computer lines, iPods, iSight, etc. Was there ever a time where so much was happening in such a short span of time for Apple? I'm sure there was, but this is pretty impressive.
I almost want to drop my plans to get a C2D MBP and get a 23" iMac. Almost.:)
I almost want to drop my plans to get a C2D MBP and get a 23" iMac. Almost.:)
ezekielrage_99
Aug 16, 10:49 AM
I would like wireless upload for an iPod but I really have the quality of wireless headphones.
AppleScruff1
Apr 9, 10:13 PM
I learned on a stick, a one ton GMC dump truck. I've driven everything from 4 speeds to an 18 speed Fuller Roadranger.
ryanx27
Sep 6, 10:10 AM
were's my macbook core 2 duo :mad:
2007
how about a new macbook pro? :confused:
"new" as in C2D & GPU upgrade: October
"new" as in significant form factor change: 2007
2007
how about a new macbook pro? :confused:
"new" as in C2D & GPU upgrade: October
"new" as in significant form factor change: 2007
mulze22
Aug 16, 11:16 AM
It seems like there is so many iPod ideas floating around. Full video iPod, wireless iPod, iPhone. Why not put it all into one machine. I mean it is Apple. They can do what they want.
JoshH
Aug 7, 07:30 AM
For the sake of those who want to remain surprised until we see the video, there should be a page on MacRumors that says "will post link when video available" - so I can just check that page for the video to be uploaded later in the day. I plan to completely avoid all news until I see the video.
dpaanlka, you are stronger than I. ;)
dpaanlka, you are stronger than I. ;)
newagemac
May 3, 09:02 AM
But my iPhone is far more limited than my first Windows PC in that regard. Even with Windows 95 I could go from one app to another while letting the other on load in the background. iOS freezes everything. If I want a video to upload on Facebook, I have no choice but to keep the app open until it's done. On my PC, I can start the upload and then move on to other things while the process is completing.
I find moving to non-true multitasking as a step backward, not a step forward. As you said, out systems capabilites are able to do so much more. I can be playing a computer game, hit the Windows key, and open a media player and never see a drop in performance. Why limit your computer to one task at a time? Kind of defeats the point of multi-core processors.
Uh, this comment is entirely wrong. With iOS, you can download something and move to another app and it will continue downloading in the background. The multitasking APIs have all the obvious backgrounding tasks covered and will likely include more if needed. Basically the goal is to allow background tasks when needed and when not needed let the app suspend and release resources to the apps you actually need. This method in iOS has proven to work far better than traditional operating systems like Mac OS X and Windows. That's why they are bringing it "Back to the Mac OS". The best parts of what they developed in iOS are being added in Lion.
I think most people's problem is that they mistakenly viewed iOS as inferior in every way to Mac OS X but in many ways it is cutting edge and far better than OS X and Windows have ever been. The way iOS multitasking works is the reason very powerful and memory hungry apps like iMove and GarageBand for iPad work so surprisingly well on such a limited memory device. The apps get to use a much larger percentage of the CPU, GPU, and RAM than they do on traditional OSes under normal usage where you have multiple apps open.
Right now I have a bunch of tabs open in Safari on my Mac and it's consuming a little over 1GB of RAM and lots of CPU. If I switch to Photoshop, Safari is still going to be using up all that RAM and CPU I really need for Photoshop when I don't plan on using Safari again until later today. And I don't want to shut it down because I have a bunch things in these tabs that I want to get back to later today including partially typed forum replies, halfway read articles, etc. On the iPad, Safari would suspend and release the RAM and CPU to my currently used RAM/CPU hungry app. That's what they need to bring to Lion.
I find moving to non-true multitasking as a step backward, not a step forward. As you said, out systems capabilites are able to do so much more. I can be playing a computer game, hit the Windows key, and open a media player and never see a drop in performance. Why limit your computer to one task at a time? Kind of defeats the point of multi-core processors.
Uh, this comment is entirely wrong. With iOS, you can download something and move to another app and it will continue downloading in the background. The multitasking APIs have all the obvious backgrounding tasks covered and will likely include more if needed. Basically the goal is to allow background tasks when needed and when not needed let the app suspend and release resources to the apps you actually need. This method in iOS has proven to work far better than traditional operating systems like Mac OS X and Windows. That's why they are bringing it "Back to the Mac OS". The best parts of what they developed in iOS are being added in Lion.
I think most people's problem is that they mistakenly viewed iOS as inferior in every way to Mac OS X but in many ways it is cutting edge and far better than OS X and Windows have ever been. The way iOS multitasking works is the reason very powerful and memory hungry apps like iMove and GarageBand for iPad work so surprisingly well on such a limited memory device. The apps get to use a much larger percentage of the CPU, GPU, and RAM than they do on traditional OSes under normal usage where you have multiple apps open.
Right now I have a bunch of tabs open in Safari on my Mac and it's consuming a little over 1GB of RAM and lots of CPU. If I switch to Photoshop, Safari is still going to be using up all that RAM and CPU I really need for Photoshop when I don't plan on using Safari again until later today. And I don't want to shut it down because I have a bunch things in these tabs that I want to get back to later today including partially typed forum replies, halfway read articles, etc. On the iPad, Safari would suspend and release the RAM and CPU to my currently used RAM/CPU hungry app. That's what they need to bring to Lion.
Queso
Jul 19, 04:47 PM
Interesting comment from the conference call is that only 39% of Apple sales are now international. That was 50% not too long ago.
Based on that, the rise in Mac sales is almost exlusively US-based. If they can repeat that success in Japan, Europe etc., we could be looking at a lot more Mac sales every quarter.
Based on that, the rise in Mac sales is almost exlusively US-based. If they can repeat that success in Japan, Europe etc., we could be looking at a lot more Mac sales every quarter.
vartanarsen
Apr 21, 12:04 PM
great. This is exactly what I want my senators to be working on.
lordonuthin
Feb 17, 07:39 PM
i won't get back to my apartment before april. so another month and half of no output basically unless i manage to get another system.
i just don't know what happened. they were running fine before i left.
btw, congrats on 9 million points!
That is too bad, I am trying to get ssh to work on one of my ubuntu boxes from wich I hope to be able to administer the other systems.
It's called Murphy's law - whatever can go wrong will go wrong... especially when you can't do anything about it.
Thanks. maybe I'll be 10 mil by the end of the month :D
i just don't know what happened. they were running fine before i left.
btw, congrats on 9 million points!
That is too bad, I am trying to get ssh to work on one of my ubuntu boxes from wich I hope to be able to administer the other systems.
It's called Murphy's law - whatever can go wrong will go wrong... especially when you can't do anything about it.
Thanks. maybe I'll be 10 mil by the end of the month :D
alakazzam
Jun 22, 01:57 PM
would be interesting to see it in action. I'm not sure I'd like touching my iMac screen, in fact right now I HATE fingers near my iMac's screen let alone a fingerprint. I'll have to see it before I completely bash it though :)
ZebraineZ
Jun 22, 03:37 PM
I wouldn't mind an iOS-type OS on an iMac as long as it had some more features of a full-fledged desktop OS. As in:
-Multiple Users
-Printing
-Some kind of file system
-More apps of a creative side (ie movie editing, word processing, programming, etc.) instead of just media consuming apps
Note: this list is not exhaustive; there are many more features I'd like that I just can't think of at the moment.
Plus, some games/apps will need to be done, specifically those that need the accelerometers. I don't think people would want to swing around a 20/30 pound computer. But that would be a good way to make more money; people keep breaking them so they'll have to pay for repairs/new ones.
I doubt 10.7 will be such an overhaul. Probably more like Mac OS X 11.0 or a totally new naming scheme.
You just described a touchless OS X. It does exactly that...
-Multiple Users
-Printing
-Some kind of file system
-More apps of a creative side (ie movie editing, word processing, programming, etc.) instead of just media consuming apps
Note: this list is not exhaustive; there are many more features I'd like that I just can't think of at the moment.
Plus, some games/apps will need to be done, specifically those that need the accelerometers. I don't think people would want to swing around a 20/30 pound computer. But that would be a good way to make more money; people keep breaking them so they'll have to pay for repairs/new ones.
I doubt 10.7 will be such an overhaul. Probably more like Mac OS X 11.0 or a totally new naming scheme.
You just described a touchless OS X. It does exactly that...
eenu
Aug 16, 11:52 AM
Also, I think this may iimpact one of the features I use most, Lib sharing at home.
there is a destinct difference between 'sharing' and 'synching'.
there is a destinct difference between 'sharing' and 'synching'.
No comments:
Post a Comment