Sunday, May 29, 2011

highschool of dead

highschool of dead. on:Highschool of the Dead,
  • on:Highschool of the Dead,



  • gregorsamsa
    Jan 12, 06:29 PM
    Well, if you haven't met any of these mindless droids, consider yourself lucky. I've met enough of them to be sufficiently spooked. I've got a couple of them on a forum I moderate; one has a link to Apple store in his signature and spends most of his time posting the most contrived lies about Windows you could imagine (how you cannot switch a PC on without being drowned in a barrage of viruses etc), and the rest of his time coercing PC users into switching. It's quite clear from his descriptions of Windows he hasn't touched a PC since circa 1996, and any assurances that Windows has come a long way in terms of stability and security since Win95 are met with a kind of "lalalalalalalala...." At one point he insisted that a Mac Mini G4 1.42GHz is much faster than any PC ever made. When faced with real life benchmark tests where a midrange PC blasted the Mini into oblivion, he maintained that it was due to poor knowledge of Mac optimization on the part of the developers (whom I know to be Mac enthusiasts who port the software to Windows). This is just one example, over the years I've stumbled across way too many to list here.

    It's great that people are enthusiastic about products, and most Mac users are regular joes who are just that, but it is my personal opinion that there also exists a 'Church of Apple' with 'members' who are smug, patronizing, holier-than-thou, basking in the glory of some perceived exclusivity and enlightenment, borderline brainwashed lodge brothers with a special handshake. It sickens me to no end. Again, this is merely one man's opinion, I know you wouldn't agree so let's just leave it there.

    Regarding Steve, you're darn tootin' I don't know him. Only seen him in blurry keynote webcasts.

    I consider your post to be spot on! I'm a Mac owner, but I must confess that I find most of my PC-owning friends to be refreshingly free of the type of smug, sycophantic, elitism some Mac people can't help but exhibit. Many PC owners I know wouldn't even recognize Steve Jobs, Steve Ballmer, etc. if they were introduced to them in the street.

    Their sole concern is with having the best computer they can get for their individual needs, the software they can run, etc., not hero worship. Period. Some of them rate Macs quite highly. However, their view tends to be that, unless they're able to afford pro models, they're somewhat compelled to buy PCs because of graphical deficiencies in most consumer Macs.

    Steve Jobs has achieved many great things & for that he surely deserves considerable respect. Some may consider him to be a genius. But if he's a genius, surely, like many other so-called geniuses, it's very likely that he's a flawed one. I don't mean flawed personally; after all, how would I know without knowing him? I mean it in the sense that the direction that he appears to be taking Apple in isn't, IMO (& that of many others), necessarily the best one.

    That's just an opinion. I think that those who think that SJ & Apple are beyond criticism merely confirm the excellent points you've raised in your post.





    highschool of dead. Highschool of the Dead OVA
  • Highschool of the Dead OVA



  • firstadopter
    Nov 28, 05:27 PM
    I like Black Ops multi-player the best out of all the CODs etc. It seems that fixed up a lot of outstanding gameplay mechanics and issues. Much less frustrating than MOW2.





    highschool of dead. High school of the Dead:
  • High school of the Dead:



  • dalvin200
    Sep 12, 02:51 AM
    From engadget (as i couldn't be bothered to look them up myself :P)

    7:00AM - Hawaii
    10:00AM - Pacific
    11:00AM - Mountain
    12:00PM - Central
    1:00PM - Eastern
    5:00PM - GMT
    6:00PM - London
    7:00PM - Paris
    2:00AM - Tokyo (September 13th)

    i think the same question about start times across the world is gonna be asked a LOT today! maybe someone needs to put this in a more visible position?





    highschool of dead. Highschool of the Dead
  • Highschool of the Dead



  • space1nvaders
    Jul 21, 10:00 AM
    Apple is basically saying that nobody has been able to solve this problem. Everyone wants Apple to fix it, but what if it can't be fixed. All phones drop calls. We are now maybe just finding out why some people drop more calls than others. Maybe it's that phone and the way they hold it.



    more...


    highschool of dead. Highschool of the Dead Saeko
  • Highschool of the Dead Saeko



  • darkpaw
    Jan 15, 04:27 PM
    I hate to labour the point, but the Apple TV just got a price drop of $70 from $299 to $229, yet the UK price is still �199! Or - to put it another way and point out the pricing discrepancy - twice the price of the US version!

    Couple this with the fact that you can't use the new movie rental features over here until "later this year", I can't see anyone buying an Apple TV in the UK for some time.





    highschool of dead. Highschool of the Dead
  • Highschool of the Dead



  • DoFoT9
    Sep 13, 05:47 PM
    damn twoodc that sucks :( buy some solar panels

    Yep. I feel lonely here on MacRumors regarding distributed computing...

    Seti is down since a couple of days...
    I am now with Milkyway. Anyone else ?

    i stopped doing SETI a while back. i got over it. i have stopped doing F@H of late :( damn power bills.



    more...


    highschool of dead. Highschool of the Dead turns
  • Highschool of the Dead turns



  • leekohler
    May 5, 04:30 PM
    You're better than this Lee.

    Just because it hasn't worked in Chicago doesn't mean it won't work period. Other countries ban guns just fine. It's about enforcement.

    There are completely different cultural factors that play into this as well. You cannot blame guns for this, you have to blame people. There are underlying issues that cause this type of violence that we are not dealing with. Guns are not the problem, our culture is. Treat the disease, not the symptom, or your results will continue to be the same.





    highschool of dead. Highschool of the Dead picture
  • Highschool of the Dead picture



  • JohnnyQuest
    Mar 17, 10:36 AM
    MacRumours also known as the moral police! lmao Cracks me up especially after all the post I have read in the past about people receiving extra computers in the mail by accident from apple!!! And if I was a troll and made this whole thing up completely, I have succeeded for sure, for laughing at all of the post in this stupid thread it has ruffled some nerves of the people at home wishing they had an Ipad, insted of posting from their Acer Netbook. This place is a joke

    How dull are you? Yep, I'm sure most people here are just typing away on their Dell's!

    Delusional much? You actually think you're better in some way for this whole scheme. Wow.

    PS- typed on my iPad :rolleyes:



    more...


    highschool of dead. Highschool of the Dead,
  • Highschool of the Dead,



  • dubels
    Apr 11, 07:35 PM
    Sharks playoff tickets against the Kings 4/16
    http://sharkspage.com/jpgs4/sharks_territory.jpg
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5185/5611814286_62d5df7613.jpg





    highschool of dead. Highschool of the Dead Rei
  • Highschool of the Dead Rei



  • iRobby
    Mar 25, 12:07 AM
    Happy Birthday Mac OS X!! But OMG I am so terrified because I have been so slow compared to all of you. This summer I'll be getting my first Mac machine (a 2011 iMac 27" Quad Core) in my house since Apple IIe.

    So Mac OS X Lion will take my virginity!! The reason I'm so terrified is because I'm not switching from Windows 7 or Windows Vista but from Windows XP! yes this Dell is from 2005!! So it'll probably be a great task playing catch up! HELP!!



    more...


    highschool of dead. highschool of the dead
  • highschool of the dead



  • IJ Reilly
    Oct 19, 01:56 PM
    I couldn't disagree with you more.

    I'm sure you could -- go ahead, try me. :)

    With each and every release of a new OS (going back beyond Windows), Microsoft has made hyperbolic claims about how good it was going to be. As anyone who's followed this for a while knows, Microsoft's claims rarely live up to reality. The fact is, a lot of people never even bothered to get onto the XP bandwagon. Do you think they're going to be excited about Vista? Unfortunately for Microsoft, their "good enough" philosophy also works for a lot of their customers. They're used to not being motivated by newer and theoretically better. As you admit, the first version of Vista is going to be a dog, just as the first versions of 95, 98 and XP were. People do learn that the risks can outweigh the benefits. My attitude detector reports that hardly anybody cares about Vista.

    All that being said, Microsoft will sell a zillion copies of Vista. Most of those will be through the OEM pipeline. The OEMs will buy it because they don't have a choice. This is how each and every version of Windows has become a "success." It's Microsoft's dirty little secret.





    highschool of dead. highschool of the dead
  • highschool of the dead



  • mooncaine
    Oct 7, 04:14 PM
    "Jobs apparently warned that while Apple was not a litigious company ..." This must be a hoax. We can't seriously be expected to believe that Jobs would say such a thing. Apple is infamous for suing or threatening suits on the most trivial matters ....



    more...


    highschool of dead. Saeko - Highschool of the Dead
  • Saeko - Highschool of the Dead



  • Ardchoille
    Jan 15, 08:31 PM
    I find the comments and whining on this forum absolutely amazing. Surely a Windows forum would have fewer complaints about Apple.

    I don't own an iPhone; I have no use for Time Capsule; and I don't want to rent movies. However, I am happy for those people who find these products useful.

    I use my computer basically for email and writing reports (still doing them in Appleworks!), and I travel around a lot with my iBook. The MacBook Air really interests me. I don't need a powerful chip for that. I don't need a lot of hard drive space for that. For me, Air is quite tempting, although I might get a MacBook Black instead until the bugs are worked out of Air (price with 2 gigs is roughly the same for the two machines). I am prepared to pay the same for less because I know I am paying for the latest and new toys cost more.

    It seems that many of the complainers expected Jobs to phone them first to ask what they wanted. They also want the very latest technology for very little money.

    Thanks, Apple. Enjoyed today!





    highschool of dead. Highschool of the Dead (720p)
  • Highschool of the Dead (720p)



  • patrick0brien
    Jul 28, 01:39 PM
    True on the economies of scale bit - although the batteries are always going to be pricey.

    Well, they should research capacitors then, never wear out, and charge veeeeewy quick. Like EEstor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EEStor)

    keep hammering the same point here, but the Volt would see a quite significant fuel economy boost by switching to a diesel engine to charge the batteries and run the motors. Sort it out, US car companies...it's not like we don't sell diesel here.

    Very good point. And not without a bit of irony as Rudolf Diesel patented his engine in the U.S. (608,845), and we don't use it - though that's because of the Oil companies, not the car companies.

    I agree we should use the diesel. After the apocalypse, you could make your own fuel from zombie bodies!



    more...


    highschool of dead. Highschool of the Dead OP
  • Highschool of the Dead OP



  • iJohnHenry
    Apr 25, 05:49 PM
    That lady has "issues", just looking at her demeanour. :eek:





    highschool of dead. HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD:
  • HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD:



  • Mitthrawnuruodo
    Sep 12, 07:44 AM
    I just opened iTunes and it ask me if I wanted to update...What version did you have - and what version did you get?

    I just restarted my 6.0.5 without getting any such message...



    more...


    highschool of dead. Highschool of the Dead Takashi
  • Highschool of the Dead Takashi



  • OS X Dude
    May 2, 11:37 AM
    Yes for the iPod bug fixes - I've been getting a weird one on my 3GS where album art isn't loaded correctly for the track that's playing - sometimes it'll pull the Genius Playlist album cover for the playlist that song is in (when I'm not on Genius anyway) and sometimes entirely different albums by different groups.





    highschool of dead. Highschool of the Dead
  • Highschool of the Dead



  • ChazUK
    Apr 5, 03:53 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-gb; Nexus S Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

    As a showcase of ads it can't be bad can it? I bet it'll be useful to some out there and is good advertising for the iAd service.

    This app isn't hurting anyone.





    highschool of dead. “High School of the Dead”
  • “High School of the Dead”



  • flopticalcube
    Apr 21, 12:19 PM
    Very inexactly. The Arabs invented 0 some time ago. The system is borked.

    It's only because the page is changing so quickly and the vote count you see may not be accurate at the time you place your vote but your vote is included and the vote count refreshed after you make a vote.

    With fancy quote handling...

    And I went through all the trouble of deleting the tag. Well thought out, MacRumors!

    PS can we add a consecutive post auto join next? :o





    takao
    Apr 17, 01:19 PM
    So the Pink Triangles of the Holocaust are irrelevant?

    well are they more important than the other triangles colors ?

    everybody can instantly relate the triangle colors yellow and pink but what about those who wore blue triangles ? or black ? or brown ? or green ? or red ?





    840quadra
    Nov 24, 07:03 AM
    Well I went to the Mall of America Apple Store (Bloomington Minnesota) that opened at 6am CST, bought a Macbook, and have since returned home.

    I was the first person in the store at the register, and the 1st to buy a computer today at that store :)

    I got the C2D 1.83 GHZ (Base model ;) ) for $1062.87 out the door :) .





    skunk
    Apr 16, 05:49 PM
    It's a common complaint.





    WillEH
    Apr 27, 05:57 PM
    Arn,

    May I ask if you feel this feature has been useful so far. I really like the concept of a post rating. But I feel like this doesn't bring any real value to the MR community.

    Thanks,

    :)





    PlaceofDis
    Jan 13, 03:04 PM
    That childish prank is close to the kind of thing that Woz pulled in college, so I can appreciate the humor on one level. The problem is that this was done at a trade show and is completely unacceptable behavior for any group passing themselves off as professional journalists or industry bloggers who wish to be taken seriously.

    If I were CES management, I'd ban them for life. Can't imagine Apple will let them anywhere near Moscone.

    agreed. they should totally be banned for this. its not acceptable behavior.

    I agree it was immature.

    Still, it probably will lead vendors to 'secure' their sets in the future, and the fact that it was so obnoxious and obvious means it's very unlikely this sort of vulnerability will present itself next year.

    the thing is, at a trade show, this shouldn't be an issue, as since gizmondo wants to act like a child, people have to spend more time and energy to make sure it doesn't happen again? its everyone paying for some stupid prank that was meaningless in the first place, which is way gizmondo fails.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment