ViViDboarder
Apr 15, 04:40 PM
I just think it looks like trash! I don't care if it's real, but I hope not. :p
840quadra
Nov 24, 01:51 PM
what a pitiful thanksgiving sale apple provided.
nothing to wow about.
You are correct!
I should go back to the Apple store, and give them $101 + the extra tax associated (making it $107.56) for the MacBook I just bought. Only because this sale is lame! :rolleyes:
nothing to wow about.
You are correct!
I should go back to the Apple store, and give them $101 + the extra tax associated (making it $107.56) for the MacBook I just bought. Only because this sale is lame! :rolleyes:
adder7712
Apr 6, 05:32 PM
Who likes looking at ads?
I practically have an equivalent of AdBlock on all browsers that I use regularly...
I practically have an equivalent of AdBlock on all browsers that I use regularly...
fhiphonedev
Apr 5, 10:49 PM
Really love the functionality. Way to go!
more...
Sydde
May 5, 12:25 PM
"Well regulated" even. Sounds like "regulations" to me. ;)
Scholars have said that that phrase is equivalent to "well trained" in the context. Which means the constitution mandates firearm safety training for gun owners.
Scholars have said that that phrase is equivalent to "well trained" in the context. Which means the constitution mandates firearm safety training for gun owners.
mstrze
May 4, 09:39 AM
thx god not every one has this attitude ... people were bitching about paying extra for tethering here and NO ONE even argued "but its in the contract BS" and boom, few months later it got changed. just bc something is in a obvs greedy network contract doesnt mean it shouldnt be changed or makes it right.
this "i won't complain cuz i as one can't do anything about it anyway" approach makes me sick
But by not signing you ARE doing something about it: Hitting the provider's bottom line and that, possibly more than anything else, will lead them to make changes.
this "i won't complain cuz i as one can't do anything about it anyway" approach makes me sick
But by not signing you ARE doing something about it: Hitting the provider's bottom line and that, possibly more than anything else, will lead them to make changes.
more...
iMeowbot
Oct 10, 10:03 PM
[ was a response to a deleted post ]
French iPod
Apr 13, 01:11 PM
just ordered Just Cause 2 since i couldn't find it in store hopefully to get it by friday if not then next monday...
more...
Ender17
May 3, 11:10 PM
Pity I can't buy the product.
Why are Apple spending so much money on advertising when they can't even keep up with demand? Makes no sense.I found a store online selling them
http://store.apple.com/us
Why are Apple spending so much money on advertising when they can't even keep up with demand? Makes no sense.I found a store online selling them
http://store.apple.com/us
Stuipdboy1000
May 2, 10:46 AM
- iPod bug fixes
Hopefully fixes the bug when album artwork doesn't show on the lock screen. It's not a critical bug, just kinda annoying.
Hopefully fixes the bug when album artwork doesn't show on the lock screen. It's not a critical bug, just kinda annoying.
more...
Schmoe0013
Jan 15, 05:11 PM
Time capsule is worth looking into.
I think apple is going to make a LOT of money on the renting of movies, and i really like the idea!
iphone update is very nice, google maps wins again!
macbook air... i could see getting it if i had a decked out mac pro with dual 30 inch..
for a stand alone laptop with no other computer... hard to convince me to buy it.
I think apple is going to make a LOT of money on the renting of movies, and i really like the idea!
iphone update is very nice, google maps wins again!
macbook air... i could see getting it if i had a decked out mac pro with dual 30 inch..
for a stand alone laptop with no other computer... hard to convince me to buy it.
Glideslope
Apr 25, 04:00 PM
How can you be so certain of this as to say "That is it. Period."? Sources plz?
Sources? Plz. :cool:
Sources? Plz. :cool:
more...
Santabean2000
Oct 6, 05:17 AM
Get out and see the world? I was born and raised in Europe, have been to 50 countries and have lived on 3 continents. And you? And I much enjoy living on a 5-acre property with 2 houses on it offering 9 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms and all the bells and whistles next to Woodside. To me space is just a great luxury, not bumping into one another, being able to house grown kids and friends for extended periods of time, etc. To each their own, but I truly cannot see Jobs' tiny home (by Woodside standards) being anything but a retirement house. It does NOT look like a home for a family with kids. An older couple perhaps. And where is the home office?
Been to 50 countries, and clearly haven't seen a thing.
I'm currently living in South East Asia. Every day here is a humbling experience.
You're missing the point anyway. If you have lots, great, but most people don't. And I mean the vast majority.
Been to 50 countries, and clearly haven't seen a thing.
I'm currently living in South East Asia. Every day here is a humbling experience.
You're missing the point anyway. If you have lots, great, but most people don't. And I mean the vast majority.
FreeState
Apr 15, 08:52 PM
"How do you start a gay computer?"
Um if it wasn't for a gay man you might not be speaking English and the computer as we know it would likely not exist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing
Alan Mathison Turing, OBE, FRS ( /ˈtjʊərɪŋ/ TEWR-ing; 23 June 1912*� 7 June 1954), was an English mathematician, logician, cryptanalyst and computer scientist. He was highly influential in the development of computer science, providing a formalization of the concepts of "algorithm" and "computation" with the Turing machine, which played a significant role in the creation of the modern computer.[1]
During the Second World War, Turing worked for the Government Code and Cypher School at Bletchley Park, Britain's codebreaking centre. For a time he was head of Hut 8, the section responsible for German naval cryptanalysis. He devised a number of techniques for breaking German ciphers, including the method of the bombe, an electromechanical machine that could find settings for the Enigma machine. After the war he worked at the National Physical Laboratory, where he created one of the first designs for a stored-program computer, the ACE.
Towards the end of his life Turing became interested in mathematical biology. He wrote a paper on the chemical basis of morphogenesis,[2] and he predicted oscillating chemical reactions such as the Belousov�Zhabotinsky reaction, which were first observed in the 1960s.
Turing's homosexuality resulted in a criminal prosecution in 1952 because homosexual acts were illegal in the United Kingdom at that time, and he accepted treatment with female hormones (chemical castration) as an alternative to prison. He died in 1954, several weeks before his 42nd birthday, from cyanide poisoning. An inquest determined it was suicide; his mother and some others believed his death was accidental. On 10*September following an Internet campaign, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown made an official public apology on behalf of the British government for the way in which Turing was treated after the war.[3]
Um if it wasn't for a gay man you might not be speaking English and the computer as we know it would likely not exist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing
Alan Mathison Turing, OBE, FRS ( /ˈtjʊərɪŋ/ TEWR-ing; 23 June 1912*� 7 June 1954), was an English mathematician, logician, cryptanalyst and computer scientist. He was highly influential in the development of computer science, providing a formalization of the concepts of "algorithm" and "computation" with the Turing machine, which played a significant role in the creation of the modern computer.[1]
During the Second World War, Turing worked for the Government Code and Cypher School at Bletchley Park, Britain's codebreaking centre. For a time he was head of Hut 8, the section responsible for German naval cryptanalysis. He devised a number of techniques for breaking German ciphers, including the method of the bombe, an electromechanical machine that could find settings for the Enigma machine. After the war he worked at the National Physical Laboratory, where he created one of the first designs for a stored-program computer, the ACE.
Towards the end of his life Turing became interested in mathematical biology. He wrote a paper on the chemical basis of morphogenesis,[2] and he predicted oscillating chemical reactions such as the Belousov�Zhabotinsky reaction, which were first observed in the 1960s.
Turing's homosexuality resulted in a criminal prosecution in 1952 because homosexual acts were illegal in the United Kingdom at that time, and he accepted treatment with female hormones (chemical castration) as an alternative to prison. He died in 1954, several weeks before his 42nd birthday, from cyanide poisoning. An inquest determined it was suicide; his mother and some others believed his death was accidental. On 10*September following an Internet campaign, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown made an official public apology on behalf of the British government for the way in which Turing was treated after the war.[3]
more...
JForestZ34
Mar 17, 04:20 PM
The poor kid simply hit the "cash" button before typing in the total. I used to work at BB (now an attorney), so I feel sorry for the kid. The OP committed retail theft by knowingly leaving the store with a product he didn't pay full value for (differentiated from receiving a computer by mistake because of the intent requirement). If the kid is not fired he will surely be written up and never able to move upward in the company to get things like health insurance and other benefits. What's worse is that this is the time of the year when BB takes on a lot of new hires.
It's sad to see people surprised at "morality police" coming out against the OP. He committed a freaking crime! Worse, he thinks he deserved to do it because he was a good boy and didnt steal the lady's iPhone earlier...
I doubt it will do any good, but I'll do my part and forward this thread to some friends at BB corporate. I'm sure they could track down the receipt and let the kids gm know why his register was off by that amount and that it wasn't internal theft. They'd also give the GM OP's info from his rz card, which could be amusing... :)
Good luck.. But it won't do any good... Nice try though....
James
It's sad to see people surprised at "morality police" coming out against the OP. He committed a freaking crime! Worse, he thinks he deserved to do it because he was a good boy and didnt steal the lady's iPhone earlier...
I doubt it will do any good, but I'll do my part and forward this thread to some friends at BB corporate. I'm sure they could track down the receipt and let the kids gm know why his register was off by that amount and that it wasn't internal theft. They'd also give the GM OP's info from his rz card, which could be amusing... :)
Good luck.. But it won't do any good... Nice try though....
James
Hastings101
May 3, 11:34 PM
With regards to this particular ad, should we presume from your comment that you are not an engineer, a doctor, a business person, a teacher, a student, a parent or a child? All these folks love their iPads.
I guess people without children that do not fall under any of those careers can't like iPads :(
I guess people without children that do not fall under any of those careers can't like iPads :(
more...
bikertwin
Sep 25, 03:57 PM
I still have some questions about the new features:

Steyr AUG A1 JG TOTALEMENT

JG STEYR AUG
Joshwawilson
May 4, 03:59 PM
Interesting how none of the scenes in the ad uses a white iPad.
I thought the same thing, discriminating on us white iPad folks
I thought the same thing, discriminating on us white iPad folks
Burgess07
Apr 29, 02:35 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=283485
Damn :(
Damn :(
KnightWRX
Apr 29, 07:54 PM
Well you're two comments are linked.
Both my comments refer to the look. Windows 7 looks like a bad Enlightenment theme. Anyway, the "translucent" plastic was ripped off KDE 4.x (which is true, look at plasma), which while not sharing the bad hack ridden architecture of the 90s version enlightenment does seem to share the look of its themes.
Context. Is. Everything.
All these months, and again you try to argue with me over what I meant. New Zealanders really have a problem with the concept of "I know better what I meant that you do and it was clearly posted had you followed the context".
Both my comments refer to the look. Windows 7 looks like a bad Enlightenment theme. Anyway, the "translucent" plastic was ripped off KDE 4.x (which is true, look at plasma), which while not sharing the bad hack ridden architecture of the 90s version enlightenment does seem to share the look of its themes.
Context. Is. Everything.
All these months, and again you try to argue with me over what I meant. New Zealanders really have a problem with the concept of "I know better what I meant that you do and it was clearly posted had you followed the context".
bobber205
May 5, 04:15 PM
That would be neat, rat- if any of the examples you gave were health hazards. They aren't. Guns can be. And your health is your doctor's business. My doctor asks me about all kinds of things I do and activities I engage in to give me advice regarding them. Health is your doctor's business.
Come to Chicago and see just what "fewer guns" has done for us. We've had a gun ban in place for a very long time- not working out so well.
You're better than this Lee.
Just because it hasn't worked in Chicago doesn't mean it won't work period. Other countries ban guns just fine. It's about enforcement.
Come to Chicago and see just what "fewer guns" has done for us. We've had a gun ban in place for a very long time- not working out so well.
You're better than this Lee.
Just because it hasn't worked in Chicago doesn't mean it won't work period. Other countries ban guns just fine. It's about enforcement.
pmz
May 4, 08:13 AM
Two answers come to mind:
quagmire
Nov 14, 10:37 PM
Actually a crappy story is held against many movies, tv shows, books, and etc. That's why we call them crappy and they fail. Case in recent point, the drubbing that Skyline is getting, besides it's spectacular trailer. It looks good, but it came in fourth in movies this week, and word of mouth may make that as high as it goes. The complaint? Weak stories, characters, and a truly stupid & frustrating ending.
Like I said, most movies, tv show, etc has some sort of ridiculous illogical event going on to move the storyline along. Just as long as it isn't so ridiculous, they can get away with it. I don't think MW2 storyline had anything that was that ridiculous to make it bad.
I pity anyone trying to figure MW2's story that hasn't played the original MW. I admit I was surprised to find out that MW2's story had something to do with the first one. Not because it was a clever plot twist, but because it was pulled out of thin air. There was no fore shadowing allowing the player a chance to figure things out, as usual stories do, it was just BAM!
Why were you surprised? Black Ops was just a continuation of WaW with a focus on the Cold War this time. Why is it ridiculous to think MW2 would be tied to MW's storyline?
The first MW was more stream lined with only two storylines, eventually dovetailing into one. Things were easier to follow, and the moments far more memorable. That race thru the tilted ship, the crawling thru the grass by the Russian army, holding them off later by yourself, and that final car chase were truly memorable moments. MW2 and now Black Ops are just one forgettable blur, that I only recall the trudging thru, not the fascination of what I saw.
MW2 will be remembered for me at least because of the vivid battle scenes in DC since I am from the DC area and constantly passed by the buildings you see in the game. Then you have No Russian because of the shock of what that mission "made" you do( A) They gave you the option to skip it B) You didn't have to shoot to pass the mission).
Like I said, most movies, tv show, etc has some sort of ridiculous illogical event going on to move the storyline along. Just as long as it isn't so ridiculous, they can get away with it. I don't think MW2 storyline had anything that was that ridiculous to make it bad.
I pity anyone trying to figure MW2's story that hasn't played the original MW. I admit I was surprised to find out that MW2's story had something to do with the first one. Not because it was a clever plot twist, but because it was pulled out of thin air. There was no fore shadowing allowing the player a chance to figure things out, as usual stories do, it was just BAM!
Why were you surprised? Black Ops was just a continuation of WaW with a focus on the Cold War this time. Why is it ridiculous to think MW2 would be tied to MW's storyline?
The first MW was more stream lined with only two storylines, eventually dovetailing into one. Things were easier to follow, and the moments far more memorable. That race thru the tilted ship, the crawling thru the grass by the Russian army, holding them off later by yourself, and that final car chase were truly memorable moments. MW2 and now Black Ops are just one forgettable blur, that I only recall the trudging thru, not the fascination of what I saw.
MW2 will be remembered for me at least because of the vivid battle scenes in DC since I am from the DC area and constantly passed by the buildings you see in the game. Then you have No Russian because of the shock of what that mission "made" you do( A) They gave you the option to skip it B) You didn't have to shoot to pass the mission).
gdew
Jan 5, 10:21 PM
I am not sure whether or not this has been suggested, but is it not possible for someone in the audience (macrumors.com) to set up a video or audio feed?
No comments:
Post a Comment