lostontheisland
Apr 5, 05:24 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
first-chill!, second-chill a little more, third-am i not within my own rights to call something as i see it?or is that reserved solely for you?the choice of words i use are just that my choice so take your opinion about me elsewhere as after some thought iv decided I couldn't care any less what you say.
Opinion...yes. Have one. Share it. Talk all you want about how useless this app is. It may in fact be useless to some people. There are tons of useless apps out there. I don't like them. I have them. I've waisted time downloading them. The problem here isn't opinions....the problem is labeling. If your opinion is that you hate the app and it's worthless, then great. If anyone thinks their "opinion" is that downloaders of the app are morons, then now you're labeling people. And that my friend is wrong. I am amazed at the bashing on this site. I rarely read the posts anymore because its filled with people slamming something they don't understand or don't like. Some poor unexpected person shares his or her opinion and the people here light up and start flaming.
Sad. I actually like the app and find it useful. I don't find Doodle Jump useful but I don't think people that do are morons. I try real hard not to label people. So start flaming and jumping all over me for being this or that. Just sad.
and I'm surprised at the angry people like yourself being so angry at another grown ups choice of words!who are you to tell me what i can and can't say?do yourself a favor and don't reply i don't suffer fools. think il quit this forum to many ignorant people
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
first-chill!, second-chill a little more, third-am i not within my own rights to call something as i see it?or is that reserved solely for you?the choice of words i use are just that my choice so take your opinion about me elsewhere as after some thought iv decided I couldn't care any less what you say.
Opinion...yes. Have one. Share it. Talk all you want about how useless this app is. It may in fact be useless to some people. There are tons of useless apps out there. I don't like them. I have them. I've waisted time downloading them. The problem here isn't opinions....the problem is labeling. If your opinion is that you hate the app and it's worthless, then great. If anyone thinks their "opinion" is that downloaders of the app are morons, then now you're labeling people. And that my friend is wrong. I am amazed at the bashing on this site. I rarely read the posts anymore because its filled with people slamming something they don't understand or don't like. Some poor unexpected person shares his or her opinion and the people here light up and start flaming.
Sad. I actually like the app and find it useful. I don't find Doodle Jump useful but I don't think people that do are morons. I try real hard not to label people. So start flaming and jumping all over me for being this or that. Just sad.
and I'm surprised at the angry people like yourself being so angry at another grown ups choice of words!who are you to tell me what i can and can't say?do yourself a favor and don't reply i don't suffer fools. think il quit this forum to many ignorant people
GGJstudios
Apr 23, 09:39 PM
It's probably been figured out by now, but you can remove your vote (whether positive or negative). Just click the button that you previously clicked to remove your rating. Lets say you clicked +1 but now you want to take that back to make it 0, just press +1 again to undo it.
I posted that before that function existed. My post was #66. See posts #85 and #89.
I posted that before that function existed. My post was #66. See posts #85 and #89.

triceretops
Sep 29, 03:20 PM
Oh i'm sure there will be LOTS of technology in the house.
I bet he'll be able to control everything via an app on his iPhone.
The house itself doesn't need to be HUGE. He can still apply a lot of technology into the house making it worth millions!
5000 square feet isn't small.
I bet he'll be able to control everything via an app on his iPhone.
The house itself doesn't need to be HUGE. He can still apply a lot of technology into the house making it worth millions!
5000 square feet isn't small.

Anuba
Jan 12, 07:44 PM
Welcome to America. We're just now getting 3G (in regards to GSM networks, anyhow).
So I'm told, but A) 3G phones are backwards compatible with old GSM networks. Mine switches between 3G/regular GSM constantly when I'm at home, as I live very close to a base station but far from the nearest 3G mast. Hence they should just stick a 3G 'sleeper cell' in there for (near) future use... and B) I respect that Apple is an American company, but they peddle their stuff all across the globe. Every little itty bitty iPod has 21 languages built in. When Apple Store closes down for maintenance it happens simultaneously all across the globe, and when it pops back online again the new products are available in all countries. Never in Apple's history have I seen them do something as US-centric as this - heck, we're not getting it until 2008! Strange, pretty damn alienating, and it had better not become a habit.
So I'm told, but A) 3G phones are backwards compatible with old GSM networks. Mine switches between 3G/regular GSM constantly when I'm at home, as I live very close to a base station but far from the nearest 3G mast. Hence they should just stick a 3G 'sleeper cell' in there for (near) future use... and B) I respect that Apple is an American company, but they peddle their stuff all across the globe. Every little itty bitty iPod has 21 languages built in. When Apple Store closes down for maintenance it happens simultaneously all across the globe, and when it pops back online again the new products are available in all countries. Never in Apple's history have I seen them do something as US-centric as this - heck, we're not getting it until 2008! Strange, pretty damn alienating, and it had better not become a habit.
more...
linknprk
Apr 5, 03:26 PM
why does macrumors link to the appshopper description of the app instead of the actual apple link?
Seems like a useless middle step
Seems like a useless middle step

Sounds Good
Apr 21, 09:23 PM
When is Windows 8 due out?
more...
SandynJosh
Apr 15, 08:54 PM
I am more curious how the labels are going to try to renegotiate contracts with Apple once Steve moves on.
I am not too sure Tim Cook or anyone of his pay grade is as tough as Steve is when it comes to these label execs.
Apple comes to the table with a well thought-out plan that includes objectives, time lines and incentives for the other party. They are not just being tough, they are looking at the proposal from both sides offering a win-win.
The record labels are greedy and Apple knows how to feed the greed by offering the record companies an additional source of revenue with the needed safeguards to quell the label's fears.
While Steve may be in on the big picture and will make cameo appearances during the negotiations, he's not the lead negotiator.
Apple is so successful because they are not focused on making their share holder happy for the immediate quarter. They are focused on long term success, so they can take their time during negotiations, can buy companies long before it's apparent what they will do with them. By the time they tip their hand it's too late for potential competitors to jump or board before the train leaves the station.
I wouldn't worry about Apple without Jobs, he has put together a lean and efficient corporate culture that can go operate long and profitably without him.
I am not too sure Tim Cook or anyone of his pay grade is as tough as Steve is when it comes to these label execs.
Apple comes to the table with a well thought-out plan that includes objectives, time lines and incentives for the other party. They are not just being tough, they are looking at the proposal from both sides offering a win-win.
The record labels are greedy and Apple knows how to feed the greed by offering the record companies an additional source of revenue with the needed safeguards to quell the label's fears.
While Steve may be in on the big picture and will make cameo appearances during the negotiations, he's not the lead negotiator.
Apple is so successful because they are not focused on making their share holder happy for the immediate quarter. They are focused on long term success, so they can take their time during negotiations, can buy companies long before it's apparent what they will do with them. By the time they tip their hand it's too late for potential competitors to jump or board before the train leaves the station.
I wouldn't worry about Apple without Jobs, he has put together a lean and efficient corporate culture that can go operate long and profitably without him.
*LTD*
Mar 6, 11:14 AM
It's Apple's philosophy. It comes down to building priorities around it and executing on them.
Listen to this guy in the video below. Does he sound like someone who doesn't treat tech as a craft, as an art? This is someone who sounds like he's prepared to make some heavy sacrifices for the sake of perfecting a product. Someone who is prepared to say no to a thousand things, and yes to that one special idea. You wouldn't even believe he's talking about tech but something entirely different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY85UiPBAo0
It's not marketing-speak or hyperbole for the camera. It's an artist speaking about his work. Can you identify with this?
Apple operates from a completely different place and mindset from everyone else.
Why?
Simple. They actually give a damn about the User Experience. They understand that tech is used by PEOPLE, and people have lives to get on with. So . . . simplify, simplify, simplify; cut, cut cut; and then work to perfect what's left over.
That's the beauty of it. It's very Zen. Perfection - or rather, sublimity - is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.
Why doesn't the competition do this or think this way?
1) Their priority is to make as much money in as little time as possible and to do it as cheaply as possible.
2) They're stupid.
Most of the time, #1 happens because of #2.
And there is no cure for #2.
Listen to this guy in the video below. Does he sound like someone who doesn't treat tech as a craft, as an art? This is someone who sounds like he's prepared to make some heavy sacrifices for the sake of perfecting a product. Someone who is prepared to say no to a thousand things, and yes to that one special idea. You wouldn't even believe he's talking about tech but something entirely different.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY85UiPBAo0
It's not marketing-speak or hyperbole for the camera. It's an artist speaking about his work. Can you identify with this?
Apple operates from a completely different place and mindset from everyone else.
Why?
Simple. They actually give a damn about the User Experience. They understand that tech is used by PEOPLE, and people have lives to get on with. So . . . simplify, simplify, simplify; cut, cut cut; and then work to perfect what's left over.
That's the beauty of it. It's very Zen. Perfection - or rather, sublimity - is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to take away.
Why doesn't the competition do this or think this way?
1) Their priority is to make as much money in as little time as possible and to do it as cheaply as possible.
2) They're stupid.
Most of the time, #1 happens because of #2.
And there is no cure for #2.
more...

*LTD*
Mar 28, 09:49 PM
1) Do you want to make things that are "insanely great".
or
2) Do you want to make the most amount of money?
One follows the other. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Apple's current products *are* insanely great. Just ask the people standing in line.
Game developers. World of Warcraft. Adobe. Microsoft. All of these developers not only do not distribute on the App Store but can not due to the App Store's TOS. I like the App Store but the control/terms keep a lot of great programs (like World of Warcraft, which one the Apple Design Award multiple times I think) out.
It'll be their loss, especially since competitors like MS will follow suit and introduce a similar distribution model. Eventually everyone will be in the game, for the the simple reason that they'd like to duplicate Apple's success.
or
2) Do you want to make the most amount of money?
One follows the other. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Apple's current products *are* insanely great. Just ask the people standing in line.
Game developers. World of Warcraft. Adobe. Microsoft. All of these developers not only do not distribute on the App Store but can not due to the App Store's TOS. I like the App Store but the control/terms keep a lot of great programs (like World of Warcraft, which one the Apple Design Award multiple times I think) out.
It'll be their loss, especially since competitors like MS will follow suit and introduce a similar distribution model. Eventually everyone will be in the game, for the the simple reason that they'd like to duplicate Apple's success.

goober1223
Apr 6, 09:39 AM
Their store, their rules I guess.
Exactly. That's the good and bad part. I love Apple products, but I hate blatant hypocrisy when I see it. This is certainly one of those cases.
Exactly. That's the good and bad part. I love Apple products, but I hate blatant hypocrisy when I see it. This is certainly one of those cases.
more...
superfula
Apr 29, 06:54 PM
NT 4 and Windows 95/98 don't use the same kernel at all. They might share the GUI sub-system (actually, it's called the Win32 sub-system, which is probably what Windows Team blog is referring when referring to API versions, since Win32 is the Windows API) (and yes, I know the 64 bit version is called Win64, just like the 16 bit version was called Win16), but they do not share the same architecture/kernel at all, which Smitty inferred. So no, Smitty wasn't right at all, is use of the word kernel was wrong and confusing.
Read my post. I didn't say he was right about them being the same kernal. I simply said he was right about the naming conventions.
The version in question isn't simply the gui version number, but the code base version as a whole.
Anyway, the only way it makes sense again is Windows NT releases. I doubt the Windows Team Blog are in on marketing meetings. ;)
The only way it makes sense is by using the actual version numbers that MS gave us, which are quite easily found. ;) Not only in Windows but in several sources through the net. I'll believe the info MS gives us vs someone from macrumors.
Read my post. I didn't say he was right about them being the same kernal. I simply said he was right about the naming conventions.
The version in question isn't simply the gui version number, but the code base version as a whole.
Anyway, the only way it makes sense again is Windows NT releases. I doubt the Windows Team Blog are in on marketing meetings. ;)
The only way it makes sense is by using the actual version numbers that MS gave us, which are quite easily found. ;) Not only in Windows but in several sources through the net. I'll believe the info MS gives us vs someone from macrumors.
thejadedmonkey
Nov 16, 01:42 PM
Personally, I would be surprised if they didn't eventually use AMD CPU's.
1. Digg had an article on AMD's line of upcoming CPU's which are CPU's and GPU's on one die. Given Apple's history of pushing more and more onto the video cards, this new line seems perfect for Apple.
Link: http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MjI0OTUsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=
P.S. Just went to digg to get the link, and AMD is moving to 65nm in 2007. faster, less heat.
Link: http://hardocp.com/news.html?news=MjI0OTcsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=
2. AMD is far superior. Right now Intel is in the lead, but it's not a true lead. For the longest time, AMD had the better architecture. Intel had to do something, so they went back to the P3, tweaked it a little, and added some huge caches, and gave us a CPU modeled after a 6 year old (guessing here) CPU that ran at around the same GHZ speeds, but was faster.
3. Diversification. Whether because Apple doesn't want to be stuck with just one supplier, or because they want to further diversify their line, it makes sense.
4. Competition. Suddenly Intel is forced to compete against AMD, which would mean cheeper prices and more innovation (CPU wise)
I personally wouldn't mind a MacBook Mini:
AMD Fusion CPU/GPU combo
DVD burner, ram, isight, bla bla bla.
1. Digg had an article on AMD's line of upcoming CPU's which are CPU's and GPU's on one die. Given Apple's history of pushing more and more onto the video cards, this new line seems perfect for Apple.
Link: http://www.hardocp.com/news.html?news=MjI0OTUsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=
P.S. Just went to digg to get the link, and AMD is moving to 65nm in 2007. faster, less heat.
Link: http://hardocp.com/news.html?news=MjI0OTcsLCxobmV3cywsLDE=
2. AMD is far superior. Right now Intel is in the lead, but it's not a true lead. For the longest time, AMD had the better architecture. Intel had to do something, so they went back to the P3, tweaked it a little, and added some huge caches, and gave us a CPU modeled after a 6 year old (guessing here) CPU that ran at around the same GHZ speeds, but was faster.
3. Diversification. Whether because Apple doesn't want to be stuck with just one supplier, or because they want to further diversify their line, it makes sense.
4. Competition. Suddenly Intel is forced to compete against AMD, which would mean cheeper prices and more innovation (CPU wise)
I personally wouldn't mind a MacBook Mini:
AMD Fusion CPU/GPU combo
DVD burner, ram, isight, bla bla bla.
more...

*LTD*
Mar 28, 03:48 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)
Very, very smart move. Good for Apple, good for devs.
Very, very smart move. Good for Apple, good for devs.
rockthecasbah
Oct 10, 05:16 PM
Well if they do launch it so soon, it probably won't replace the current iPods, but be a new highend model.
I agree, the 5.5 release is too soon to have it be a full replacement. Additionally it will likely be a lot more expensive and an unnecessary extra cost to those who don't need that functionality. Now the question remains however, will there be multiple capacities for the "true video" or just one large on?
I agree, the 5.5 release is too soon to have it be a full replacement. Additionally it will likely be a lot more expensive and an unnecessary extra cost to those who don't need that functionality. Now the question remains however, will there be multiple capacities for the "true video" or just one large on?
more...
MorphingDragon
Apr 29, 07:26 PM
Just go Linux...
Heck, just keep SL, and triple boot W7, and Linux. Best of all worlds.
Linux has many, many worlds.
Heck, just keep SL, and triple boot W7, and Linux. Best of all worlds.
Linux has many, many worlds.

-Jeff
Oct 28, 07:59 PM
Logic Pro 7 has yet to be cracked, so Apple has people who know how to do copyright protection.
Emagic already had the security dongle in place when Apple bought Logic from them. Apple just made it white and put their logo on it.
a quick look at google will show you that Logic Pro 7 has definately been cracked... ;)
It's not a full version of Logic Pro. It's Logic Express with the track count limitations removed. Many of the plug-ins are not included in the cracked version, and the plug-ins were a major reason that I bought Logic Pro.
Nothing is uncrackable, but Logic Pro is about as close as it can be.
Emagic already had the security dongle in place when Apple bought Logic from them. Apple just made it white and put their logo on it.
a quick look at google will show you that Logic Pro 7 has definately been cracked... ;)
It's not a full version of Logic Pro. It's Logic Express with the track count limitations removed. Many of the plug-ins are not included in the cracked version, and the plug-ins were a major reason that I bought Logic Pro.
Nothing is uncrackable, but Logic Pro is about as close as it can be.
more...
flopticalcube
Apr 21, 12:24 PM
I now agree with skunk's assertion there is no room for apathy. After you vote you cannot retract it to a neutral or apathetic stance, you can only choose to move to the other side of the fence.
shartypants
Apr 25, 06:00 PM
Looks nice, I'd buy one :)

OneMike
Mar 18, 02:06 PM
I have a Seido Spring-Clip, which shows off my phone more than some other cases. I don't know, I just can't picture some stranger coming up to me talking about how my phone sucks. Never had that happen.
I did get inquiries about my phone from strangers, but always positive.
I joke around with friends about it, but that's different.
End of the day though, no phone is perfect. Buy what makes you happy. Everyone has different needs.
I did get inquiries about my phone from strangers, but always positive.
I joke around with friends about it, but that's different.
End of the day though, no phone is perfect. Buy what makes you happy. Everyone has different needs.
Donz0r
Jan 5, 02:56 PM
Thank You!!! I always want to do this! Also, this year I have an appointment right in the middle of the keynote! You guys rock! IMO, this is The Best way to discover the new products, the way it was meant to be.
Mousse
Apr 19, 10:56 AM
They are horribly inappropriate, one "questionable" TSA lady groped my sister's boobs one flight,
It's their job, we just have to deal with it. A few months back, a TSA agent groped my junk. I joked with him, "Linger any longer and you'll have to buy me dinner.";) He didn't even crack a smile.
It's their job, we just have to deal with it. A few months back, a TSA agent groped my junk. I joked with him, "Linger any longer and you'll have to buy me dinner.";) He didn't even crack a smile.
Poolo
Apr 25, 10:34 PM
Oh sweet. Looks really good, can always do with a bigger screen!!
iMikeT
Oct 19, 05:22 PM
When one considers Dell's quality of their computers, why are they still #1?
Brien
Mar 28, 05:03 PM
I think we are headed towards a "locked down" OS X, FWIW.
No comments:
Post a Comment