Demoman
Jul 21, 04:29 PM
To date we have not seen Apple update any of their Intel products. So it may not be any different. The pressure will be on Apple with new processors coming out all of the time. Steve Jobs keps Apple from doing what you would exspect much of the time.
Bill the TaxMan
If Apple was to start upgrading existing Intel products before their entire product line was completely done, the rumors would be, "There must be problems with the < fill in the blank > conversion. Why would they already be on the 2nd revision of the Mini when the < fill in the blank > has not even been done."
There is no way to win the rumor war. So, staying with the original statement that the entire product line would be completed in 2006 is exactly what Apple should do, and probably is. Beyond that, it is anyone's guess how often they will offer product upgrades, or even how diverse the final product line will be. I also think Apple is excited about new opportunities, not feeling 'pressure'.
Bill the TaxMan
If Apple was to start upgrading existing Intel products before their entire product line was completely done, the rumors would be, "There must be problems with the < fill in the blank > conversion. Why would they already be on the 2nd revision of the Mini when the < fill in the blank > has not even been done."
There is no way to win the rumor war. So, staying with the original statement that the entire product line would be completed in 2006 is exactly what Apple should do, and probably is. Beyond that, it is anyone's guess how often they will offer product upgrades, or even how diverse the final product line will be. I also think Apple is excited about new opportunities, not feeling 'pressure'.
inlovewithi
Apr 26, 02:43 PM
"15.5" Vaio: 2.4Ghz Core i5, 4gb of Ram, Radeon 5470 512mb $860 Aug/2010. A mac with similar specs, and a weaker GPU would have cost me around a $1,000 extra, so I've been Apple free since Aug 2010.
And yet you can't stay away.
Sad.
I like to come here every once in a while, checkout the logic behind some of the comments. More interest in the psychological aspect of the comments.
And yet you can't stay away.
Sad.
I like to come here every once in a while, checkout the logic behind some of the comments. More interest in the psychological aspect of the comments.
Jbrumz85
Apr 20, 12:35 AM
More interested in iOS 5 but faster processor, upgraded camera(s) and hopefully more memory will be a nice little upgrade
arkitect
Mar 29, 02:15 PM
Hey Apple,
I don't want my iPhone 5 to be leaking radiation...
Too soon? :cool::rolleyes:
No, not really.
Just not funny at all.
I don't want my iPhone 5 to be leaking radiation...
Too soon? :cool::rolleyes:
No, not really.
Just not funny at all.
Glen Quagmire
Aug 5, 10:28 AM
My predictions:
* general update on how stuff is going.
* quick demo of some new development tools.
* preview of Leopard (with DVDs available to attendees).
* Mac Pro.
Possibly:
* XServe.
* New Cinema displays.
Unlikely:
* A new model Mac that slots between the iMac and Mac Pro.
* general update on how stuff is going.
* quick demo of some new development tools.
* preview of Leopard (with DVDs available to attendees).
* Mac Pro.
Possibly:
* XServe.
* New Cinema displays.
Unlikely:
* A new model Mac that slots between the iMac and Mac Pro.
ravenvii
May 5, 08:38 PM
CURRENT KNOWN MAP:
http://web.me.com/ravenvii/map/known.png
STATS:
1. Rosius: Level 2, 2 HP, 2 AP
2. Dante: Level 2, 2 HP, 2 AP
3. Beatrice: Level 2, 2 HP, 2 AP
4. Rhon: Level 2, 2 HP, 2 AP
5. Wilmer: Level 1, 1 HP, 1 AP
6. Loras: Level 2, 2 HP, 2 AP
7. Jorah: Level 2, 2 HP, 2 AP
***
ROUND FOUR BEGINS NOW!
http://web.me.com/ravenvii/map/known.png
STATS:
1. Rosius: Level 2, 2 HP, 2 AP
2. Dante: Level 2, 2 HP, 2 AP
3. Beatrice: Level 2, 2 HP, 2 AP
4. Rhon: Level 2, 2 HP, 2 AP
5. Wilmer: Level 1, 1 HP, 1 AP
6. Loras: Level 2, 2 HP, 2 AP
7. Jorah: Level 2, 2 HP, 2 AP
***
ROUND FOUR BEGINS NOW!
opeter
May 6, 02:53 AM
Actually you all forget something: Windows 8 (or whatever it will be) is being made for ARM too ... :)
SteveRichardson
Aug 2, 11:30 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)
... with a 70% chance that at least one of the other Mac models could see a speed bump with use of the recently released Core 2 Duo processor...
Does he speculate there is a 100% chance that a current mac model will see a speed increase with a 70% chance that another model will see an increase as well, or that there is a 70% chance that one current model will see an increase with some unknown chance of another seeing an increase as well?
This could have been worded better.
... with a 70% chance that at least one of the other Mac models could see a speed bump with use of the recently released Core 2 Duo processor...
Does he speculate there is a 100% chance that a current mac model will see a speed increase with a 70% chance that another model will see an increase as well, or that there is a 70% chance that one current model will see an increase with some unknown chance of another seeing an increase as well?
This could have been worded better.
justflie
Nov 26, 10:35 AM
Interesting I guess. But is there really a home/consumer market for this? I could see it working for artists and other professionals of that nature, but I know more than a few people that own PC tablets that hardly ever use them as such.
kpbpsw
Nov 2, 05:55 PM
There is no reason to put anti-virus software on your Mac!
It will not protect you from anything that is out there.
Sophos may be a reputable company or it may not be but you do not need this and it can only harm your system and promote a business that feeds on fear.
We (the Mac community) should not let the security industry get a toe hold in OSX.
It will not protect you from anything that is out there.
Sophos may be a reputable company or it may not be but you do not need this and it can only harm your system and promote a business that feeds on fear.
We (the Mac community) should not let the security industry get a toe hold in OSX.
zephonic
Apr 25, 10:09 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it's not a big deal? Your carrier tracks your phone all the ff-ing time. Google has the SSL beta now, but until recently they tracked your every move.
So the issue is that someone may possibly access this data? They'd have to get hold off your phone first. :rolleyes:
This is something that needs to be addressed and I reckon Apple will do so in the next iOS update, but to me it just looks as if two guys really went all out for some publicity.
So the issue is that someone may possibly access this data? They'd have to get hold off your phone first. :rolleyes:
This is something that needs to be addressed and I reckon Apple will do so in the next iOS update, but to me it just looks as if two guys really went all out for some publicity.
Old Smuggler
Sep 11, 02:34 AM
I can't see how Apple can begin an sell movies and not also sell a Media Mac.
It would be like iTMS and no iPods... how well would that work? :rolleyes:
Has anyone ever considered that the media mac would not be a hardware upgrade to the mini but a software one via itunes 7
or is it just me?
It would be like iTMS and no iPods... how well would that work? :rolleyes:
Has anyone ever considered that the media mac would not be a hardware upgrade to the mini but a software one via itunes 7
or is it just me?
Sijmen
Aug 4, 09:00 AM
I've been hoping for months, but barely speculated by others.....
� 19" & 22" Merom-based iMacs (current iMacs already look "old" to me)
Don't think so. Even a 23" iMac would seem more likely. See, the 17" iMac already has the 19" panel resolution, dito for 20" and 22". It would add little value.
� backlit slim USB2 keyboard
I'd say highly unlikely. As far as I remember Apple always has had one line of such accesories.
� new category: home theater component-sized Conroe-based Mac (no Cube/MiniTower; Woodcrest goes into Mac Pros)
Would be really cool, especially if it comes with Tivo functionality!
iLife, iPhone & all other rumors seem like smokescreen.
Agreed. iLife is a Januari product, and I don't think WWDC is a good time for the iPhone.
Please, ACD's!
� 19" & 22" Merom-based iMacs (current iMacs already look "old" to me)
Don't think so. Even a 23" iMac would seem more likely. See, the 17" iMac already has the 19" panel resolution, dito for 20" and 22". It would add little value.
� backlit slim USB2 keyboard
I'd say highly unlikely. As far as I remember Apple always has had one line of such accesories.
� new category: home theater component-sized Conroe-based Mac (no Cube/MiniTower; Woodcrest goes into Mac Pros)
Would be really cool, especially if it comes with Tivo functionality!
iLife, iPhone & all other rumors seem like smokescreen.
Agreed. iLife is a Januari product, and I don't think WWDC is a good time for the iPhone.
Please, ACD's!
Plutonius
May 3, 06:38 PM
Let's keep moving. I suggest taking a door then search the location. For two scooby snacks :D, my brother and I will open the door that the group wants open.
From what you were showing us in the rules, it looked like movement then searching is the way to go.
From what you were showing us in the rules, it looked like movement then searching is the way to go.
Bertmg
Apr 25, 11:46 AM
A lot of the science practices used now days an that will be used in the future starts being used for something it was not designed for,or better yet not "though of" (minoxidil was created for hypertension, not treatment of hair loss, Botox was used for treatment of facial spasms not make you look younger, The internet was created for research development by the government, and the list goes on and on). It is the nature of science and technology to evolve. Like it or not (I sure don't), just like Napster, Geo-location technology used for finding out even more information about you is here to stay one way or another.
Man up people! how we implement the "new" use of any technology without crossing and protecting personal rights is where we should be concentrating on (promoting solutions and protection laws). It is waste time arguing (through news articles and political speeches) defending the mere existence of something that is not going anywhere.
This is what I posted in the CNET article http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20056540-245.html#ixzz1KYPyyi19
Man up people! how we implement the "new" use of any technology without crossing and protecting personal rights is where we should be concentrating on (promoting solutions and protection laws). It is waste time arguing (through news articles and political speeches) defending the mere existence of something that is not going anywhere.
This is what I posted in the CNET article http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20056540-245.html#ixzz1KYPyyi19
mazola
Sep 11, 10:22 AM
I'm guessing it has something to do with this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284490/).
ravenvii
May 4, 09:56 PM
I'd like to make sure of some things.
The villain started with 0 points. He then earned 2 points by taking two turns.
We did our thing
He took two more turns earning 2 more points for 4 total. He obviously used at least one point to make a goblin. So he had 3 or less points, depending on whether he bought more traps. They could be anywhere, even far from where we currently are (e.g., he could be putting defenses around his lair. )
Do I have that straight?
You got all that correct.
The villain started with 0 points. He then earned 2 points by taking two turns.
We did our thing
He took two more turns earning 2 more points for 4 total. He obviously used at least one point to make a goblin. So he had 3 or less points, depending on whether he bought more traps. They could be anywhere, even far from where we currently are (e.g., he could be putting defenses around his lair. )
Do I have that straight?
You got all that correct.
inlovewithi
Apr 26, 02:34 PM
Wow. A platform that is available on all four major carriers and has dozens of phones, passed the iPhone (which *just* became available on its second carrier) in overall usage. So I guess Google should be patting themselves on the back for this historic achievement.
Are you mad?
Are you mad?
Billy Boo Bob
Nov 27, 11:07 PM
I would welcome a flip-top laptop that doubles as a tablet. I'm often on the road at a customer's location and I'm working with them on a counter top. Right now I have to use a book flipping pages of examples (products), and I have a separate book for writing up quotes / orders.
It would be nice in my case if I could flip the top over and touch my way through the pages of examples / products. I could visually show pricing differences with any given options while it lays flat on the counter. With a MacBook, this is just not feasible. When it comes time to fill out an order or quote, I could bring up a form and fill it out. Not sure what to do about printing it out at the moment, but there are options (one would be to wirelessly send it to the fax machine that sits somewhere around the shop).
If they were to include that previously rumored touch sensing "Gestures" interface, that could come in real handy with it. Then, when needed, flip it back and use the laptop keyboard.
I guess it helps that I can write my own software, too, so I could tailor the thing to work exactly as I need.
http://www.toshibadirect.com/images/products/prod_portM400_300x300.jpg
I've seen units similar to the one pictured above in use all over the hospital and doctor's offices nearby, and they sure look like a pretty handy device (even if it is running Windoze). I've asked a few people there how they like it and they all say they just love it.
All I ever see them use is computer generated text. I don't know that it even attempts to do handwriting recognition. For input they just flip it around to show the keyboard. Many of them just leave it flipped as a laptop to have keyboard access, but still use the stylus to navigate around.
Add some Apple class (hardware-wise and with OS X) and I see a nice product possible.
It would be nice in my case if I could flip the top over and touch my way through the pages of examples / products. I could visually show pricing differences with any given options while it lays flat on the counter. With a MacBook, this is just not feasible. When it comes time to fill out an order or quote, I could bring up a form and fill it out. Not sure what to do about printing it out at the moment, but there are options (one would be to wirelessly send it to the fax machine that sits somewhere around the shop).
If they were to include that previously rumored touch sensing "Gestures" interface, that could come in real handy with it. Then, when needed, flip it back and use the laptop keyboard.
I guess it helps that I can write my own software, too, so I could tailor the thing to work exactly as I need.
http://www.toshibadirect.com/images/products/prod_portM400_300x300.jpg
I've seen units similar to the one pictured above in use all over the hospital and doctor's offices nearby, and they sure look like a pretty handy device (even if it is running Windoze). I've asked a few people there how they like it and they all say they just love it.
All I ever see them use is computer generated text. I don't know that it even attempts to do handwriting recognition. For input they just flip it around to show the keyboard. Many of them just leave it flipped as a laptop to have keyboard access, but still use the stylus to navigate around.
Add some Apple class (hardware-wise and with OS X) and I see a nice product possible.
balamw
Apr 11, 07:33 AM
if we move to postadvanced math however, it is clear that "/" separates two expressions: 48 and 2(9+3);
- as someone already mentioned above, absence of the operator implies multiplication, so 48=4*8. now, everyone knows that by the reciprocal inversity properties multiplication is the opposite of division, therefore 4 multiplied by 8 must be equal to 8 divided by 4, which is most obviously 2 (on the left part of the expression);
- now to the right part. this is easy. Ignoring the round bracket (which as mentioned are uncool), you have 2*9+3, which gives you a very straightforward 21;
- so now we have 2/21, which as demonstrated above is equal to 21*2, which is (i hope no one disagrees on this) 42.
so please now stop with your earthlingy bickering: the answer is always 42. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Golf clap. Well done! However, on your next trip, I suggest you keep your distance from the improbability drive. :p
Now that we got the answer, I forget: What was the question again?
That statement means that 2(12) should be done before the division.
So then the answer is 2.
Please rephrase that with the variables x,y,a,b,c,d I was using in the post. It sure sounds like you are saying that just because there are parentheses around an expression, the operators adjacent to the parens gain some kid of precedence.
What do you make of the expression from the Wikipedia page?
10 - 3 + 2
Is that 9 or 5?
Let's force the issue a bit more, what is the value of:
10 - 3 + ( 1 + 1)
If the brackets/parens create some kind of precedence around them you should get the same answer as someone who is giving addition precedence over subtraction.
B
- as someone already mentioned above, absence of the operator implies multiplication, so 48=4*8. now, everyone knows that by the reciprocal inversity properties multiplication is the opposite of division, therefore 4 multiplied by 8 must be equal to 8 divided by 4, which is most obviously 2 (on the left part of the expression);
- now to the right part. this is easy. Ignoring the round bracket (which as mentioned are uncool), you have 2*9+3, which gives you a very straightforward 21;
- so now we have 2/21, which as demonstrated above is equal to 21*2, which is (i hope no one disagrees on this) 42.
so please now stop with your earthlingy bickering: the answer is always 42. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Golf clap. Well done! However, on your next trip, I suggest you keep your distance from the improbability drive. :p
Now that we got the answer, I forget: What was the question again?
That statement means that 2(12) should be done before the division.
So then the answer is 2.
Please rephrase that with the variables x,y,a,b,c,d I was using in the post. It sure sounds like you are saying that just because there are parentheses around an expression, the operators adjacent to the parens gain some kid of precedence.
What do you make of the expression from the Wikipedia page?
10 - 3 + 2
Is that 9 or 5?
Let's force the issue a bit more, what is the value of:
10 - 3 + ( 1 + 1)
If the brackets/parens create some kind of precedence around them you should get the same answer as someone who is giving addition precedence over subtraction.
B
exscape
Apr 25, 09:36 AM
this is a non-story sad steve jobs has to even reply to these stupid allegations
"Allegations"?
People claim the iPhone saves cell location data on the phone, and also saves this file during iTunes backups. This is TRUE, and can be verified by reading your OWN iPhone database, which shows where YOUR phone has been. That would be impossible if it didn't save that data.
SOME people (not most!) also claim that the data is sent to Apple, rather than just kept on the device. THIS, however, is unproven and may well be false.
As it stands, though, I don't see how "The info circulating around is false." is not a lie. It's very easy to verify that "the info" that this data is indeed saved is true.
"Allegations"?
People claim the iPhone saves cell location data on the phone, and also saves this file during iTunes backups. This is TRUE, and can be verified by reading your OWN iPhone database, which shows where YOUR phone has been. That would be impossible if it didn't save that data.
SOME people (not most!) also claim that the data is sent to Apple, rather than just kept on the device. THIS, however, is unproven and may well be false.
As it stands, though, I don't see how "The info circulating around is false." is not a lie. It's very easy to verify that "the info" that this data is indeed saved is true.
beatybeaty
Apr 26, 03:52 PM
Why do these numbers never make sense to me? Massive iOS device sales, no reports of Android sales, yet -bam - Android takes over the world? I just don't get it...
There are reports like this, then debunked, then a new one, then debunked. What is really going on?
There are reports like this, then debunked, then a new one, then debunked. What is really going on?
nuckinfutz
May 7, 11:15 AM
Making it free would be a smart move by Apple. It would help bond iphone users more effectively to Apple ecosystem.
At the moment, I don't use the MobileMe service (though I'd like to have findmyphone and perhaps back to my mac services) but if I had it free, it would be a thing that would make it less likely that I would switch to RIM/WIN7 or Android.
Does anyone know if the Windows version of this similar service bundle is free?
The download for the Mobileme control panel for windows is free. It's very basic but all people really need is to link with Outlook contacts and Exchange. Everything else can be done me.com.
At the moment, I don't use the MobileMe service (though I'd like to have findmyphone and perhaps back to my mac services) but if I had it free, it would be a thing that would make it less likely that I would switch to RIM/WIN7 or Android.
Does anyone know if the Windows version of this similar service bundle is free?
The download for the Mobileme control panel for windows is free. It's very basic but all people really need is to link with Outlook contacts and Exchange. Everything else can be done me.com.
blazinz
Apr 20, 12:27 AM
Springing for just a faster processor. Dont't think thats gonna happen. I'll just stick with my iP4 until the following year...
No comments:
Post a Comment