SerenityInt
Apr 5, 01:15 PM
The only thing uglier than a Scion is a Scion iPhone theme.
Tonsko
Dec 10, 05:32 AM
Thanks for that Chase. I think most people are choosing to run it so they don't act as some sort of 'Typhoid Mary' for any PC networks they connect to.
MikeTheC
Nov 25, 11:18 PM
thats wat im talking abooot, but i hope apple cleans up the interface a bit... hehe
Ok, how about this:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/720/shoephonezt7.png
Ok, how about this:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/720/shoephonezt7.png
drewyboy
May 6, 08:05 AM
All I have to say is thank goodness 90% Of you aren't running companies, especially apple. So many short sighted ppl. Great workers I''m sure but bad visionaries. All options must be considered when a company is looking at long term plans. Doing the opposite is how you kill a company by saying, keep things same and forward ho! By long term I mean 10+ years out.
paolo-
Apr 9, 09:49 PM
So if the parentheses are solved first why not just put them in front? Why go through all the semantics? Do scientists purposely make it this hard when solving equations?
No, they usually write it using specialized program so you would clearly know if it's
48
2 * (9+3)
or
____48___
2*(9+3)
But really, if you see this as 48�2(9+3), I think it becomes much more clearer. Most people aren't used to see / used as a division mark other than when using two lines, not used as a simple replacement as it is for computer. But yes they wouldn't go through the trouble of rewriting an equation just to make the order of operation simpler, as that is quite easy when you work with math everyday. But they do tidy up their equations so the intent should become clear. I mean, you could type verbally an equation, this is just the equivalent to punctuation, you put a point and a capital letter to start a new sentence.
This question is purely semantics. But scientists tend to write for other scientists who have no trouble saying this is 288. But most profs I've had hate answering questions over email simply because writing equations with regular characters is crap.
No, they usually write it using specialized program so you would clearly know if it's
48
2 * (9+3)
or
____48___
2*(9+3)
But really, if you see this as 48�2(9+3), I think it becomes much more clearer. Most people aren't used to see / used as a division mark other than when using two lines, not used as a simple replacement as it is for computer. But yes they wouldn't go through the trouble of rewriting an equation just to make the order of operation simpler, as that is quite easy when you work with math everyday. But they do tidy up their equations so the intent should become clear. I mean, you could type verbally an equation, this is just the equivalent to punctuation, you put a point and a capital letter to start a new sentence.
This question is purely semantics. But scientists tend to write for other scientists who have no trouble saying this is 288. But most profs I've had hate answering questions over email simply because writing equations with regular characters is crap.
david77
Apr 25, 10:30 AM
yes there is a problem. because it's unencrypted and everyone with access to your phone can read the information. the software tool they published showed my travel of the last 6 month quite accurately.
I don't want someone picking up my phone from my desk at work and find out what trips to what company I did. (it works internationally btw)
also I don't think the IRS or other tax collection agencies need to know when I was where.:D
Who is "everyone" with access with your phone? And my iPhone is either right next to me at my desk/home and in my pocket 99% of the time.
I don't want someone picking up my phone from my desk at work and find out what trips to what company I did. (it works internationally btw)
also I don't think the IRS or other tax collection agencies need to know when I was where.:D
Who is "everyone" with access with your phone? And my iPhone is either right next to me at my desk/home and in my pocket 99% of the time.
Moyank24
Mar 30, 01:52 PM
This just makes me more interested to hear what Apple has come up with. I like the idea of "the cloud" but I'd definitely like to compare Amazon's with Apple's when it is announced in June.
airamerica
Sep 11, 11:05 AM
Consider this, the upcoming keynote is NOT given by SJ but by one of the other Apple senior team members - following his (Steve�s) below par performance last time out... Now this news would be bigger than anything else. I�d even suggest that if he shares any floor-time with anyone else things are not looking good!
BTW I hope I am very, very, wrong and we are all talking about amazing new products by this time tomorrow.
BTW I hope I am very, very, wrong and we are all talking about amazing new products by this time tomorrow.
jb510
Mar 27, 12:43 AM
Pushing the iPhone 5, along with iOS 5, to the fall really wouldn't surprise me at all. In fact it would seem a little weird if Apple were to finally release a white iPhone 4 and then release an iPhone 5 a month or two later... even if they have constantly kept "last years" model around at a discount previously. Maybe the white iPhone will be and iPhone 5...
I am not making a guess either way, just saying I think it's 50/50 at this point and that I put no faith in any of the rumors yet...
Similarly I do think an iPad 3 (or iPad 2 HD) could come out before Christmas, in fact releasing iPad in the fall makes much more sense to me than in the spring as they have been since they make better gifts than phones. I think Apple could release an iPad 2 HD right now in fact, but would have to sell it at a loss, so they are waiting until the competition gets closer to and then they'll roll it out to trounce them again.
Those trying to read between the lines with the notion that Steve deliberately coded a message into his presentation to indicate there would not be another iPad this year are delusional and unfamiliar with Apple. It's actually MORE likely that the presentation was structured to mislead people into believing there wasn't another iPad coming than the opposite.
I am not making a guess either way, just saying I think it's 50/50 at this point and that I put no faith in any of the rumors yet...
Similarly I do think an iPad 3 (or iPad 2 HD) could come out before Christmas, in fact releasing iPad in the fall makes much more sense to me than in the spring as they have been since they make better gifts than phones. I think Apple could release an iPad 2 HD right now in fact, but would have to sell it at a loss, so they are waiting until the competition gets closer to and then they'll roll it out to trounce them again.
Those trying to read between the lines with the notion that Steve deliberately coded a message into his presentation to indicate there would not be another iPad this year are delusional and unfamiliar with Apple. It's actually MORE likely that the presentation was structured to mislead people into believing there wasn't another iPad coming than the opposite.
MSUSpartan
Apr 23, 04:30 PM
Wish Apple did something towards resolution independence and not make images bigger and bigger. :confused:
Wasn't that a big thing from the Leopard announcement?
Wasn't that a big thing from the Leopard announcement?
Daveoc64
May 4, 02:49 PM
How so?
The current method is "the OS DVD you buy can be used anywhere, as often as you like, forever."
How could it be worse than that?
The licence is only for one computer.
If you want to install it on a different machine you must uninstall the original copy first.
The Mac App Store says:
"You can install apps on every Mac you use and even download them again."
That implies that if I go on a friend's computer for 5 minutes once a year I could install Lion on it for no charge.
The current method is "the OS DVD you buy can be used anywhere, as often as you like, forever."
How could it be worse than that?
The licence is only for one computer.
If you want to install it on a different machine you must uninstall the original copy first.
The Mac App Store says:
"You can install apps on every Mac you use and even download them again."
That implies that if I go on a friend's computer for 5 minutes once a year I could install Lion on it for no charge.
MacFly123
Mar 29, 03:12 PM
I think amazonmp3.com looks pretty good. A bit lacking in some extra metadata that I'd like to see but certainly not hideous. Everything works, and works well. Much faster to navigate around my music than via iTunes. Give me speed over superfluous eye-candy any day.
The AmazonMP3 Android app looks very nice btw...
Ok, no offense, but you are not a designer are you lol??? And I have yet to see anything on Android that looks "very nice", just sayin'!
craigslist.org? :p
Haha, I will give you that they are at least on par, but Amazon has no excuse being the biggest online retailer in the world and one of the biggest internet presences on earth that is making tons of money!
The AmazonMP3 Android app looks very nice btw...
Ok, no offense, but you are not a designer are you lol??? And I have yet to see anything on Android that looks "very nice", just sayin'!
craigslist.org? :p
Haha, I will give you that they are at least on par, but Amazon has no excuse being the biggest online retailer in the world and one of the biggest internet presences on earth that is making tons of money!
Padraig
Apr 23, 06:22 PM
a retina display on the 13" MBP would be the one thing that would get me to upgrade almost immediately.
I'd settle for 1440x900. It's got such an incredibly poor panel for the price point.
I'd settle for 1440x900. It's got such an incredibly poor panel for the price point.
dj2mc
Nov 26, 01:12 PM
To lay down some feedback of my own, I have used Sophos for a while and I am very pleased with it. I had Clam XAV for the longest time, and to be honest I never felt very safe w/ it because it never had the image of it was even scanning legibly, sometimes it would pop up with scan errors, corrupt updates, etc. The list goes on... Sophos is a prime example of an AV that has characteristics that others are missing. It's stable, fast, reliable and ultimately gives you the best protection because it's always scanning, and always searching the file you open each time. What more can you want?
So, I tip my hat off to Sophos
So, I tip my hat off to Sophos
wacky4alanis
Nov 30, 12:36 PM
I used the Tom-Tom mount for our trip from Boston down to Maryland over the Thanksgiving holiday. It was great! I found it extremely useful to simply use the standard iPhone maps to show traffic conditions. We saved many hours by avoiding traffic back-ups with real-time dynamic routing (using our eyes and brains). I found that I was able to re-route myself by simply looking at the maps, so a navigation program was not really necessary.
I also loved the fact that I could play music through my car stereo. It was also very easy to pop the iPhone out of the mount when we stopped at rest areas. To be honest, I don't think we really needed the improved GPS functionality of the Tom-Tom. The mount itself was the most useful thing (power, music, hands-free phone).
I think the GPS navigation functionality will be more useful for local trips where I am trying to find a place I've never been to.
I also loved the fact that I could play music through my car stereo. It was also very easy to pop the iPhone out of the mount when we stopped at rest areas. To be honest, I don't think we really needed the improved GPS functionality of the Tom-Tom. The mount itself was the most useful thing (power, music, hands-free phone).
I think the GPS navigation functionality will be more useful for local trips where I am trying to find a place I've never been to.
ehoui
Apr 7, 04:43 PM
Yes, the war just started and things are heating up. I would think the next few years will result in a tablet OS distribution that looks like this:
iOS - 35%
Android - 40%
WebOS - 20%
RIM - 5%
Apple - 35%
HP - 20%
RIM - 5%
Samsung - 15%
Moto - 10%
LG - 10%
HTC - 5%
Maybe Microsoft will wedge their way in, maybe the percentages will be shifted around a little. But the growth of the tablet market will stabilize or at least stop growing at the rapid pace that it currently enjoys.
This is the interesting point and I agree largely with your sentiment: the real losers here are not iOS and Android (via their competition with each other). It's the other vendors. WebOS has a chance to participate as a key alternative (with the right execution from HP), but Microsoft is in real jeopardy here of missing the boat (again). I'm not rooting for MS' demise -- far from it. But MS better get on the ball quickly.
iOS - 35%
Android - 40%
WebOS - 20%
RIM - 5%
Apple - 35%
HP - 20%
RIM - 5%
Samsung - 15%
Moto - 10%
LG - 10%
HTC - 5%
Maybe Microsoft will wedge their way in, maybe the percentages will be shifted around a little. But the growth of the tablet market will stabilize or at least stop growing at the rapid pace that it currently enjoys.
This is the interesting point and I agree largely with your sentiment: the real losers here are not iOS and Android (via their competition with each other). It's the other vendors. WebOS has a chance to participate as a key alternative (with the right execution from HP), but Microsoft is in real jeopardy here of missing the boat (again). I'm not rooting for MS' demise -- far from it. But MS better get on the ball quickly.
fishtank22
Jul 30, 06:23 PM
and by now, that photographer has been killed ... or more likely been fired by Apple :)
McGiord
Apr 10, 12:50 PM
Who said that this an equation? What is the variable that is unknown?
2 is still winning!
2 is still winning!
oneighturbo
Sep 16, 08:21 PM
well i just placed my order for a 15" MBP 2.0 base model w/ an iPod 60GB
i chatted with a rep and pointed out that i have 14 days to return. i have 30 days to submit the iPod rebate (which requires a upc cut from MBP box)
so my status shows ship date of the 19th and arrival of the 26th!
so kinda in a pickle with dates but the 60GB will only cost me $120 in the end.
BTW, Im a first time mac buyer even though ive used em for years at work!
http://static.flickr.com/81/244990126_78cbf5958d.jpg
i chatted with a rep and pointed out that i have 14 days to return. i have 30 days to submit the iPod rebate (which requires a upc cut from MBP box)
so my status shows ship date of the 19th and arrival of the 26th!
so kinda in a pickle with dates but the 60GB will only cost me $120 in the end.
BTW, Im a first time mac buyer even though ive used em for years at work!
http://static.flickr.com/81/244990126_78cbf5958d.jpg
whenpaulsparks
Aug 2, 11:13 AM
finally someone reasonable! so many of you flippin fools don't realize what WWDC stands for...
World wide DEVELOPER'S conference!
this is about professional stuff. in they launched the powermac g5, because developers could then write 64-bit apps. in they discussed tiger (and i think launched new pro displays) so that users could write stuff using core image and all the cool new tiger features. in they announced the transition to intel, because devs could now write stuff for the intel platform (and i don't think they really announced anything else AFAICR...). so in they are going to talk about leopard and how it relates to developers, and maybe release PROFESSIONAL products, like a mac pro or xserve.
you have got to be CRAZY to think that he's going to intro an ipod at WWDC, when MW Paris is right around the corner! MW Paris in september is pretty much ALWAYS when they intro ipods and consumer products this time of year.
edit: last year, they had a special media event around october to intro the imac g5 with isight and video ipod and did not have anything at MW Paris. this will probably be the same this year.
World wide DEVELOPER'S conference!
this is about professional stuff. in they launched the powermac g5, because developers could then write 64-bit apps. in they discussed tiger (and i think launched new pro displays) so that users could write stuff using core image and all the cool new tiger features. in they announced the transition to intel, because devs could now write stuff for the intel platform (and i don't think they really announced anything else AFAICR...). so in they are going to talk about leopard and how it relates to developers, and maybe release PROFESSIONAL products, like a mac pro or xserve.
you have got to be CRAZY to think that he's going to intro an ipod at WWDC, when MW Paris is right around the corner! MW Paris in september is pretty much ALWAYS when they intro ipods and consumer products this time of year.
edit: last year, they had a special media event around october to intro the imac g5 with isight and video ipod and did not have anything at MW Paris. this will probably be the same this year.
gnasher729
Apr 7, 11:55 AM
And just how could Apple be found to be absuing its position by buying what it needs to supply its customers whith product? Maybe if the iPad wasn't selling all that well but Apple can't keep up with demand as it is. Arguments like yours don't even make sense and I'll bet you some serious money that no one can produce a single instance of a company "found to be abusing its position" by buying what its needs to produce and sell its products. It would appear people like you are just angry that Apple is successful and want to take it down somehow. Stupid, just stupid.
The critical question would be: In the contract between Apple and the manufacturer, is there any clause that stops the manufacturer from selling to other companies? That would be anti-competitive. If a manufacturer says "RIM offered us $100 a piece for one million screens", and Apple says "We'll give you $110 for each" and RIM can't get the screens, that would be fine. If the manufacturer says "we can make 2 million screens a month" and Apple says "Ok, we'll buy 2 million screens a month", that is fine. If Apple says "Ok, we'll buy all you can build up to 3 million screens a month", that is fine. If Apple says "We'll buy 2 million screens a month, and you must not sell any screens to anyone else", that is anti-competitive.
I see people still don�t understand what a monopoly is. Apple would only be considered a monopoly if they used their power & influence to force the component supplier to cancel or move Apple�s orders ahead of RIM�s or any other.
You confuse "monopoly" and "anti-competitive". Being a monopoly is in itself just fine. It just means that you have to be more careful what you do than other companies, because what you do could be anti-competitive. For example, Microsoft has a monopoly in the operating system market. They can't refuse to sell Windows to Dell without getting into lots of trouble. Apple can refuse to sell MacOS X to Dell without getting any trouble. And people often confuse "competitive" and "anti-competitive". Being better than the competition is competitive. If company X makes a product that is a lot better than Y's product, and Y doesn't sell anything, that is competitive. "Anti-competitive" is when X does things so that Y couldn't sell their product even if it was better. For example, if the Windows license said that you are not allowed to use any word processor other than Microsoft Word, that would be anti-competitive, because even if I had a word processor that was better and cheaper than Microsoft Word, nobody would buy it.
The critical question would be: In the contract between Apple and the manufacturer, is there any clause that stops the manufacturer from selling to other companies? That would be anti-competitive. If a manufacturer says "RIM offered us $100 a piece for one million screens", and Apple says "We'll give you $110 for each" and RIM can't get the screens, that would be fine. If the manufacturer says "we can make 2 million screens a month" and Apple says "Ok, we'll buy 2 million screens a month", that is fine. If Apple says "Ok, we'll buy all you can build up to 3 million screens a month", that is fine. If Apple says "We'll buy 2 million screens a month, and you must not sell any screens to anyone else", that is anti-competitive.
I see people still don�t understand what a monopoly is. Apple would only be considered a monopoly if they used their power & influence to force the component supplier to cancel or move Apple�s orders ahead of RIM�s or any other.
You confuse "monopoly" and "anti-competitive". Being a monopoly is in itself just fine. It just means that you have to be more careful what you do than other companies, because what you do could be anti-competitive. For example, Microsoft has a monopoly in the operating system market. They can't refuse to sell Windows to Dell without getting into lots of trouble. Apple can refuse to sell MacOS X to Dell without getting any trouble. And people often confuse "competitive" and "anti-competitive". Being better than the competition is competitive. If company X makes a product that is a lot better than Y's product, and Y doesn't sell anything, that is competitive. "Anti-competitive" is when X does things so that Y couldn't sell their product even if it was better. For example, if the Windows license said that you are not allowed to use any word processor other than Microsoft Word, that would be anti-competitive, because even if I had a word processor that was better and cheaper than Microsoft Word, nobody would buy it.
tekmoe
Sep 16, 12:24 PM
looking good boys. all of the pieces are fitting together now. delayed orders, resellers saying the same thing, BTO's taking much longer. i think it's finally gonna happen.
Popeye206
Apr 25, 09:33 AM
Nothing to see here...just the unabashed evilness of Apple shining through. I'm sure Apple will 'flash the wad' to the right people and make this issue go away...sad :( We are nothing more than chattel to Apple Consumer Electronics, where we are tracked and monitored like open range livestock. This is how they view us, as THEIR herd to do with as they please.
Welcome to the future guys. :mad:
Yeah the nerve of Apple and Google!
What do you think they do with the data? Maybe Steve likes to see his herd of iPhones sparkle by the 10's of millions across the planet? I'm sure Google is also setting up the fortress of solitude so they can wield their web ads at will to all Droid's as you meander in your average life! :eek:
The nerve of them both and I bet Microsoft is doing this too! :rolleyes:
How freak'n ridiculous.
Welcome to the future guys. :mad:
Yeah the nerve of Apple and Google!
What do you think they do with the data? Maybe Steve likes to see his herd of iPhones sparkle by the 10's of millions across the planet? I'm sure Google is also setting up the fortress of solitude so they can wield their web ads at will to all Droid's as you meander in your average life! :eek:
The nerve of them both and I bet Microsoft is doing this too! :rolleyes:
How freak'n ridiculous.
Lesser Evets
Apr 21, 02:38 PM
Having dug around in my Mac liberally over 4 years, I was surprised they didn't crunch down the design yet. It's got a lot of room in there. Though the sleds and space aren't unwelcome, there are ways to compact all that and still have a great machine which is easy to access.
No comments:
Post a Comment