acslater017
Aug 6, 11:04 PM
you know everyone's going mac nuts when it says "update: photo of cloth covered banners".... :)
WeegieMac
Apr 1, 02:21 PM
Folders animation when opening/closing is a little improved, but still looks like a bottom range PC trying to run Half Life 2 on full settings. :D
mrapplegate
Apr 3, 06:11 PM
I dont know the significance of the big gray bar on top of the page where it blocks a portion of the page when the menu bar is coming out of auto hide -they could of made it semi transparent Hopefully they change that in the final release
I see how some might not like how it is handled. I guess my point was it was by design and is not a bug.
I see how some might not like how it is handled. I guess my point was it was by design and is not a bug.
Joshuarocks
Apr 19, 11:50 AM
I can't wait! My G5 iMac has officially died and gone to that big computer desk in the sky. It served me well for 5 years, but it's over. Darn thang won't even turn on anymore. I hear the apple start up chime, but the screen stays black and then the iMac just shuts off. But even if I could fix it, it's so old it can't run the latest OSX or even play HD movies. Yup...it's time to buy a new iMac.
I'm hoping that the next update sees i7s across the line...even the 21.5" models. I expect thunderbolt too since the MacBook pros got it. Other things on my wish list would be for them to include that rumored flash start up drive as standard....but I'm not holding my breath. It would be great if the 21.5" model got the same ability as the 27" to be used as an external monitor. That way in 5 years or more when it becomes unable to run the latest software, you can still use it as a second monitor. :-)
I like the 27" features, it's just a tad too big. Actually the rumor about Apple adding a 24" size back to the iMac lineup would be PERFECT. But again...not gonna count on it.
How fast is your imac G5? On my G5 Quad I can play 720,1080, and yes using HTML5, 4096p! If I recall the G5 Imacs had only one processor in there? Right? You might want to check out the powerpc forums for assistance if you want to know whats wrong with your imac. I sense a broken capacitor.
I'm hoping that the next update sees i7s across the line...even the 21.5" models. I expect thunderbolt too since the MacBook pros got it. Other things on my wish list would be for them to include that rumored flash start up drive as standard....but I'm not holding my breath. It would be great if the 21.5" model got the same ability as the 27" to be used as an external monitor. That way in 5 years or more when it becomes unable to run the latest software, you can still use it as a second monitor. :-)
I like the 27" features, it's just a tad too big. Actually the rumor about Apple adding a 24" size back to the iMac lineup would be PERFECT. But again...not gonna count on it.
How fast is your imac G5? On my G5 Quad I can play 720,1080, and yes using HTML5, 4096p! If I recall the G5 Imacs had only one processor in there? Right? You might want to check out the powerpc forums for assistance if you want to know whats wrong with your imac. I sense a broken capacitor.
~Shard~
Sep 6, 11:23 PM
...but we know that the mini-tower is inevitable....:)
Well of course, but that still doesn't excuse his hypocritical post. :D :cool:
Well of course, but that still doesn't excuse his hypocritical post. :D :cool:
TheRock88
Sep 30, 04:22 PM
Something like this, except on an iPod
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4797522906_169bbce342.jpg
Like I said, get one where the inside has a pattern on it to avoid that or a matte one
I saw a youtube video of someone having that same problem. His tip was to use a very small pinch of baby powder and put it on your finger. Then rub it thoroughly all over the back of the iPod. Once you put on the case the watermarks should disappear.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4797522906_169bbce342.jpg
Like I said, get one where the inside has a pattern on it to avoid that or a matte one
I saw a youtube video of someone having that same problem. His tip was to use a very small pinch of baby powder and put it on your finger. Then rub it thoroughly all over the back of the iPod. Once you put on the case the watermarks should disappear.
Macula
Oct 23, 11:14 PM
Why NAND?
Because I am just obsessed with system responsiveness. I can tolerate things like slow peripheral throughput or a less than stellar GPU, but hiccups and delays are such a turnoff! I would be relieved to see applications load 30-50% faster, with all their components instantly fetched, and with lightning fast task-switching.
Besides, NAND-supported computers is a paradigmatic shift of sorts and, as such, a very exciting prospect.
I just hope NAND is included in the first generation of Santa-Rosa iMacs and laptops!
Because I am just obsessed with system responsiveness. I can tolerate things like slow peripheral throughput or a less than stellar GPU, but hiccups and delays are such a turnoff! I would be relieved to see applications load 30-50% faster, with all their components instantly fetched, and with lightning fast task-switching.
Besides, NAND-supported computers is a paradigmatic shift of sorts and, as such, a very exciting prospect.
I just hope NAND is included in the first generation of Santa-Rosa iMacs and laptops!
GregA
Aug 24, 09:41 PM
I suspect we'll see slight case redesigns for Santa Rosa-based Macs. Santa Rosa will be the real Core 2 platform. This year's Meroms are a stopgap.Isn't everything a stop gap, in that sense? Just with sweet spots along the way :)
as well as include new WiFi and the "Robson" flash technology for fast-booting.I'll have to look up Robson... I imagine Boot Camp will work quite well if it only takes 10 seconds to switch from an active Mac to an active Windows machine...
as well as include new WiFi and the "Robson" flash technology for fast-booting.I'll have to look up Robson... I imagine Boot Camp will work quite well if it only takes 10 seconds to switch from an active Mac to an active Windows machine...
Major Kong
Oct 23, 08:37 AM
Some users in Germany report that their dealers told them existing MacBook (Pro) orders will be deleted and re-ordered tomorrow due to new releases of these notebooks.
All systems go for tomorrow update. :)
All systems go for tomorrow update. :)
Spanky Deluxe
Sep 1, 02:35 PM
I think this means that there will definitely be no Mac Midi. Only the pro user would want a 30" screen and Apple makes loads of cash on their screens anyway. If they offered a mid sized mac they know that a lot of people would go and spend their money on a screen from Dell instead of a screen from Apple. They'd rather force buyers to either buy a Mac Pro (i.e. spend more on Apple) or an iMac with their required screen size (i.e. spend more on Apple).
I wouldn't expect Conroe in the iMac either folks. It would serve them better to use the same platform as used in the MacBook Pros, it would save them on R&D and that way the iMacs can't be faster than their Pro range of laptops.
I wouldn't expect Conroe in the iMac either folks. It would serve them better to use the same platform as used in the MacBook Pros, it would save them on R&D and that way the iMacs can't be faster than their Pro range of laptops.
Plymouthbreezer
Mar 23, 04:38 PM
lots, Bluetooth, WIFI (for internet radio), design..
Here's my classic mockup
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=277273&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1300734199
Really nice work. Bravo.
As I have said in past threads, I'm happy to hear that Apple plans on keeping the Classic around for a bit longer, as it truly is the best music player on the market for serious audiophiles.
Here's my classic mockup
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=277273&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1300734199
Really nice work. Bravo.
As I have said in past threads, I'm happy to hear that Apple plans on keeping the Classic around for a bit longer, as it truly is the best music player on the market for serious audiophiles.
chinesechikn
Mar 31, 05:12 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
Really newbie? You logged in to tell me that?
I guess you missed the point.
Get a life
"Originally posted by walshlink:
I simply LOVE how people talk about 1080p without mentioning bitrate. When the A5 chip can handle 1080p video at 40 Mb/s, this will be newsworthy."
Yeah, I did log on to tell you that "Demi- God" with 107 amazing posts...
You say this isn't newsworthy???? It's not going to change the world, but it is showcasing a developer taking advantage of the new software and hardware of a new apple product. Why not newsworthy? ... Oooh not enough bitrate! Pathetic
I just like reading your post in the accent of the comic book guy from the simpsons.
Really newbie? You logged in to tell me that?
I guess you missed the point.
Get a life
"Originally posted by walshlink:
I simply LOVE how people talk about 1080p without mentioning bitrate. When the A5 chip can handle 1080p video at 40 Mb/s, this will be newsworthy."
Yeah, I did log on to tell you that "Demi- God" with 107 amazing posts...
You say this isn't newsworthy???? It's not going to change the world, but it is showcasing a developer taking advantage of the new software and hardware of a new apple product. Why not newsworthy? ... Oooh not enough bitrate! Pathetic
I just like reading your post in the accent of the comic book guy from the simpsons.
Tommy Wasabi
Jan 1, 08:34 PM
Jobs receives a call during keynote and reaches into his pocket...
...audience errupts with joyful tears...
...pulls out iTunes compatible motorola phone....
...audience sighs....and cries....
....Steve gets another call 5 mintues later...
...pulls out iPhone
...geeks bumrush the stage and carry Steve off on their shoulders
Looks to me like another post by Fake Steve
(http://www.fakesteve.blogspot.com)
...audience errupts with joyful tears...
...pulls out iTunes compatible motorola phone....
...audience sighs....and cries....
....Steve gets another call 5 mintues later...
...pulls out iPhone
...geeks bumrush the stage and carry Steve off on their shoulders
Looks to me like another post by Fake Steve
(http://www.fakesteve.blogspot.com)
Chundles
Sep 6, 10:39 AM
I love my mini. I would have bought the former top end mini (1.66ghz Duo, 80gb HDD, SD) to replace my mini if it came down to $599 refurb/$699 new. I like my monitor just fine. I prefer the form factor of the mini over the iMac is what it comes down to, I suppose.
I'm not a fan of the iMac design... mostly because of my bad experience with a Rev A iMac G5 being so freaking loud. If Apple had kept the Core Solo and dropped it's price $100 or more (Apple needs a $399 mini more than it needs a $799 model) lots of people would have bought it.
As it stands, though, the mini kinda sucks.
The Intel iMacs are almost silent - truly, you can barely hear them if at all.
I'm not a fan of the iMac design... mostly because of my bad experience with a Rev A iMac G5 being so freaking loud. If Apple had kept the Core Solo and dropped it's price $100 or more (Apple needs a $399 mini more than it needs a $799 model) lots of people would have bought it.
As it stands, though, the mini kinda sucks.
The Intel iMacs are almost silent - truly, you can barely hear them if at all.
jxyama
Mar 19, 09:26 AM
Apple Computer, Inc.: Proudly dying since 1976. :rolleyes:
if apple really was dying, the last thing it needs to do is to listen to amateur marketing gurus and online petitions.
is the apple marketshare lower than it used to be in the 90s? yes, absolutely. that doesn't mean apple is dying - that it's on the blink of an extinction. a company with nearly $4 billion in cash reserve with no debt will be able to carry on for quite some time... (gee, how long have gateway been dying?)
funny you mention japan. last time i went to tokyo (oct. '03), i was hard pressed to find any store with an electronics/computer department that didn't carry any macs.
if apple really was dying, the last thing it needs to do is to listen to amateur marketing gurus and online petitions.
is the apple marketshare lower than it used to be in the 90s? yes, absolutely. that doesn't mean apple is dying - that it's on the blink of an extinction. a company with nearly $4 billion in cash reserve with no debt will be able to carry on for quite some time... (gee, how long have gateway been dying?)
funny you mention japan. last time i went to tokyo (oct. '03), i was hard pressed to find any store with an electronics/computer department that didn't carry any macs.

sineplex
Sep 18, 05:51 PM
I got the silicone case today, but then I also decided to go with Belkin Grip Vue.
Silicone case - quite nice and fits well with the iPod Touch.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/4991075021_c700b1aec9_z.jpg
Is that an actual Belkin Silicon case ?
Silicone case - quite nice and fits well with the iPod Touch.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/4991075021_c700b1aec9_z.jpg
Is that an actual Belkin Silicon case ?
BRLawyer
Apr 19, 02:05 PM
[SIZE=1]
Back on topic....... Supposedly, Ivy Bridge (next year?) will support USB 3. I wonder if it will be possible to have some sort of a Thunderbolt to USB 3 interface. I would hate to buy a new iMac now and not be able to take advantage of the USB 3 speed when it becomes more widely used in the next few years. Or is that not something to worry about?
Why would you want to use a SLOWER interface in the first place? As far as ports are concerned, TB should be able to work with everything (USB, FW etc.) anyway, provided the right adapters are used...
Back on topic....... Supposedly, Ivy Bridge (next year?) will support USB 3. I wonder if it will be possible to have some sort of a Thunderbolt to USB 3 interface. I would hate to buy a new iMac now and not be able to take advantage of the USB 3 speed when it becomes more widely used in the next few years. Or is that not something to worry about?
Why would you want to use a SLOWER interface in the first place? As far as ports are concerned, TB should be able to work with everything (USB, FW etc.) anyway, provided the right adapters are used...
baryon
Apr 26, 12:52 PM
I don't even think the word "App" is really officially a word. As for generic terms, everyone uses generic terms to describe their company's products and brand names, as that's the only way you can allow people to make a link between something they already know, and the product.
"Apple" is also generic, yet everyone agrees that it's fairly reserved for Apple inc. So are many other names that companies patent to avoid others using it.
"Apple" is also generic, yet everyone agrees that it's fairly reserved for Apple inc. So are many other names that companies patent to avoid others using it.
7thMac
Mar 22, 04:42 PM
I love the Classic. Everything doesn't need to run iOS. But there is room for improvement and when something better comes along I'll buy it. For now there doesn't seem to be any competition.
markfc
Oct 23, 07:48 AM
Well, if you want to hear from my reliable source, stocks of macbooks and macbook pros are due in on the 27th/28th October.
You heard it here first!
:-)
You heard it here first!
:-)
Don't panic
Mar 22, 02:36 PM
ooooh. the rare red-crested triple-post!
twoodcc
Nov 27, 04:59 PM
well it depends on the resolution of the monitor. i don't really see this a big deal affecting me, but i can see alot of people buying them though. maybe it's good for Apple, but unless the 20" price comes down, doesn't really help me any
BWhaler
Jan 12, 12:45 AM
This is the dumbest fabrication of all time.
Existing Rumor + Sign = Macbook Air
So, so stupid.
Existing Rumor + Sign = Macbook Air
So, so stupid.
YS2003
Oct 23, 10:37 PM
FWI Dell Just Lowered The List Of All Their Monitors •*30" $1279 24" $679 Right Now (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productlisting.aspx?c=us&category_id=6198&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs). We paid $1349 last week in a sale and now it's been trumped. New 30" list is only $1599 and 24" list is $799.
2007FP 20" 1600x1200 is now only $359.20 (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4687). This is amazing.
A quick question. Does Dell's 30" monitor have the AC adaptor which covers 100 V to 240 V and 50 Hz - 60 Hz? The spec on 24" showed it does. But, I was not able see that spec on 30".
2007FP 20" 1600x1200 is now only $359.20 (http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4687). This is amazing.
A quick question. Does Dell's 30" monitor have the AC adaptor which covers 100 V to 240 V and 50 Hz - 60 Hz? The spec on 24" showed it does. But, I was not able see that spec on 30".
No comments:
Post a Comment