Don't panic
May 4, 08:59 AM
Alright, i am getting bored of listening to my beard growing, so i'll go ahead:
R1T1: Loras group explores the start room.
with raven's latest explanation of the trap rule, there is no significant difference between explore-move and move-explore, and i decided to be conservative in case the jokesters upstairs put a trap right away at the start.
at level one we are very weak and any encounter with a trap or lowest-level monster means certain death for at least one of us. we need to uplevel asap.
R1T1: Loras group explores the start room.
with raven's latest explanation of the trap rule, there is no significant difference between explore-move and move-explore, and i decided to be conservative in case the jokesters upstairs put a trap right away at the start.
at level one we are very weak and any encounter with a trap or lowest-level monster means certain death for at least one of us. we need to uplevel asap.
needthephone
Jul 31, 06:48 AM
I hope this is true. I have a nokia 6280 which I was given when I extended my 3 contract. At fisrt I thought who needs an ipod but as an MP3 player its an absolute dog. It keeps crashing, it has extremely basic playlist control and is best really as a random shuffle type player really.Not bad sound though.
As for the source of the rumour, just don't believe the photographer leak as everyone involved in product development signs NDA as everyone's pointed out.
If its true, I think Apple probably leaked it or authorised the leak to generate a buzz to counter the Zune buzz-it happens all the time. Record companies always protest when songs or albums are released on the net but I know a lot of these leaks are from the record companies themselves (or engineered by them). The publicity is gold dust.
I doubt we will see this phone in OZ for a while though even if it comes out in August (which I doubt somehow)
As for the source of the rumour, just don't believe the photographer leak as everyone involved in product development signs NDA as everyone's pointed out.
If its true, I think Apple probably leaked it or authorised the leak to generate a buzz to counter the Zune buzz-it happens all the time. Record companies always protest when songs or albums are released on the net but I know a lot of these leaks are from the record companies themselves (or engineered by them). The publicity is gold dust.
I doubt we will see this phone in OZ for a while though even if it comes out in August (which I doubt somehow)
Don't panic
May 3, 11:23 AM
not knowing anything about the range of powers in the game is strange, but i trust you made sure the game is well balanced.
you spoke about motivations, does that imply that the "end game" is different between the couple, the wizard and the adventurers? or is it just color?
more: how long are the rounds? how large is the map? how long do you envisage this game lasting? is there a built-in clock of any sort?
in the original post it said 2 points/turn, 2 turns/round, but in reality it is 1 point/turn? which is forfaited if the villain uses any action in the turn (place monsters/traps, heal, move)?
you spoke about motivations, does that imply that the "end game" is different between the couple, the wizard and the adventurers? or is it just color?
more: how long are the rounds? how large is the map? how long do you envisage this game lasting? is there a built-in clock of any sort?
in the original post it said 2 points/turn, 2 turns/round, but in reality it is 1 point/turn? which is forfaited if the villain uses any action in the turn (place monsters/traps, heal, move)?
hynke
May 6, 06:49 AM
Of course they will move to ARM, everyone will. Google is allready running their data centres on ARM based servers, Windows 8 will run on ARM as well, Apple is investing huge amount of money into their A4, A5 chips. The main problem of computers nowadays is power efficiency and not computing power, because most of the computers allready are overpowerd for what their users usually do with them.
abhimat.gautam
Apr 21, 11:55 PM
Anyone make any good mockups yet?
thelookingglass
Mar 30, 09:18 AM
MobileMe may be revamped, but the price will be higher - just to match Apple's image.
Just like how the iPad's price is sky high?
Steve Jobs was quoted as saying recently that everytime they've priced for volume (i.e., priced low in the hopes of greater sales) they've seen success. When they haven't priced for volume, their success has been more attenuated. Now this was regarding media and the iTunes store, but there's no reason cloud services couldn't be the same, particularly given how competitive this sphere will be and the fact that there's no real marketing benefit to "premium" data pricing (as opposed to premium laptop/notebook pricing where higher prices can contribute to a perception of higher quality).
Just like how the iPad's price is sky high?
Steve Jobs was quoted as saying recently that everytime they've priced for volume (i.e., priced low in the hopes of greater sales) they've seen success. When they haven't priced for volume, their success has been more attenuated. Now this was regarding media and the iTunes store, but there's no reason cloud services couldn't be the same, particularly given how competitive this sphere will be and the fact that there's no real marketing benefit to "premium" data pricing (as opposed to premium laptop/notebook pricing where higher prices can contribute to a perception of higher quality).
BeefUK
Aug 11, 09:05 AM
Why would they give the Macbook that but leave the iMac with the original Core Duo? Doesn't make sense. I would think all three would get it or just the Macbook Pro.
This is probably because merom is aimed at mainly at laptops, however there's no reason by they shouldn't put it in an iMac.
I'm not one to believe all the rumours, however I really hope this one is true. Although i'm not holding my breath.
This is probably because merom is aimed at mainly at laptops, however there's no reason by they shouldn't put it in an iMac.
I'm not one to believe all the rumours, however I really hope this one is true. Although i'm not holding my breath.
pavetheforest
Sep 15, 09:40 PM
I really hope they update the MBP with the C2D, a new enclosure would be great too, heres to hoping...
nuckinfutz
May 7, 11:47 PM
What are the uses for this MobileMe? Why would I use / need it?
I have used Macs since they came into existence, and I have owned several of them the past 20 years. But I have not used either dotMac or MobileMe.
Only serious replies, please.
If you have multiple Macs/iPhones Mobileme is wonderful for keeping things in sync. Not just contacts, calendars and bookmarks but everything from system prefers to dock items and keychains.
It's easy to locate your iPod Touch/iPhone or iPad with the "Find my device" feature and you have backup and remote access features as well.
Then of course you have the web space (integration is easy with iWeb) and photo galleries.
The primary detractors of MobileMe boil down to a few common groups.
1. Free - They don't want to pay
2. Limited scope - MobileMe only interests them in a few areas
3. Wedded to another service - Dropbox, Gmail/Google etc
4. Negative - "MobileMe sucks because my mail was slow one day"
In a nutshell of course. Everyone's opinion is valid for them but for me personally I find mobile me worth the $6 a month I pay (real world pricing from Amazon.com)
For me it's simple..skip a latte a couple of times or avoid fast food one day out the month and MobileMe is paid for.
I have used Macs since they came into existence, and I have owned several of them the past 20 years. But I have not used either dotMac or MobileMe.
Only serious replies, please.
If you have multiple Macs/iPhones Mobileme is wonderful for keeping things in sync. Not just contacts, calendars and bookmarks but everything from system prefers to dock items and keychains.
It's easy to locate your iPod Touch/iPhone or iPad with the "Find my device" feature and you have backup and remote access features as well.
Then of course you have the web space (integration is easy with iWeb) and photo galleries.
The primary detractors of MobileMe boil down to a few common groups.
1. Free - They don't want to pay
2. Limited scope - MobileMe only interests them in a few areas
3. Wedded to another service - Dropbox, Gmail/Google etc
4. Negative - "MobileMe sucks because my mail was slow one day"
In a nutshell of course. Everyone's opinion is valid for them but for me personally I find mobile me worth the $6 a month I pay (real world pricing from Amazon.com)
For me it's simple..skip a latte a couple of times or avoid fast food one day out the month and MobileMe is paid for.
crees!
Aug 2, 11:45 AM
As for the two-camera thing... wasn't there a rumor sometime back about how Leopard could handle dual-camera chatting? It would use the monitor/camera that the chat window was on... move the chat window to the other display, and the other camera picks up the chat! Now that sounds wicked... sort of :D
Grimace
Apr 21, 09:05 PM
Guys, no one said that Apple was considering making the Mac Pro into a formal rackmount server -- you can already do that on your own.
The only thing that was said was that the case may be smaller, and that because it might be less than 19" across, you could toss it in a rack.
Nothing was said about rack ears, a 1U, 3U or 6U chassis, just that the case would be smaller. 3rd party companies could do whatever they want to make it rack-compatible from there.
The only thing that was said was that the case may be smaller, and that because it might be less than 19" across, you could toss it in a rack.
Nothing was said about rack ears, a 1U, 3U or 6U chassis, just that the case would be smaller. 3rd party companies could do whatever they want to make it rack-compatible from there.
danielbriggs
Sep 15, 04:54 PM
FINALLY!!
The more people that are reporting rumors, them more "true" they can become!
I too like the keyboard and like the backlight. Am I correct in thinking that the MacBook DOES NOT have a backlight keyboard? I'm not that fuss on those style keys!
Dan :-)
The more people that are reporting rumors, them more "true" they can become!
I too like the keyboard and like the backlight. Am I correct in thinking that the MacBook DOES NOT have a backlight keyboard? I'm not that fuss on those style keys!
Dan :-)
andiwm2003
Jul 21, 02:07 PM
i thought the merom chips have the same pricing as the yonah 5 or 6 month ago. that would mean apple could switch to all merom (MB, mini, MBP). especially since they are compared to dell & co. in the windows world you are almost forced to use the better chip (merom) because the competition is fierce.
HecubusPro
Sep 16, 11:20 PM
Yeah, but it's also the only way to get a 7200 rpm hard drive. I've read things about the hard drives not being user replaceable. Now I've taken apart several old Thinkpads and replaced motherboards and even the screens, but there warranties were up. I don't feel like voiding the warranty on my Mac.
I also think that this return policy is rather asinine. As another user stated, there are only 3 options to customize. Dell machines are highly configurable and they will refund you (minus 15% restocking fee though).
Unfortunately, that's just the way it is with apple, and it's despicable.
I'm hoping with the next MBP update, they also tweak the enclosure to allow for an easily swappable HDD, like the macbook. It simply isn't fair that a lower end model gets a great feature like that and the higher end gets screwed. I would be sorely disappointed if this did not happen with the update.
Because of return policy issues, I will probably go ahead and get the 5400rpm drive. It seems like much less hassle to stay away from BTO systems if something goes wrong.
I also think that this return policy is rather asinine. As another user stated, there are only 3 options to customize. Dell machines are highly configurable and they will refund you (minus 15% restocking fee though).
Unfortunately, that's just the way it is with apple, and it's despicable.
I'm hoping with the next MBP update, they also tweak the enclosure to allow for an easily swappable HDD, like the macbook. It simply isn't fair that a lower end model gets a great feature like that and the higher end gets screwed. I would be sorely disappointed if this did not happen with the update.
Because of return policy issues, I will probably go ahead and get the 5400rpm drive. It seems like much less hassle to stay away from BTO systems if something goes wrong.

CIA
Apr 21, 09:12 PM
I want to know what type of video you are doing because we sure don't need that and we do high end video editing for National Geographic/Discovery/Smithsonian.
Unless you are doing Hollywood stuff, I see no need for half the stuff you listed.
More internals and PCIE slots? For what? Almost all of our clients are delivering tapeless now and on externals. Dual optical bays? Seriously? Fibre is a must if you are in a post house.
Seriously? We also do full DVD high end hollywood type authoring at my facility (have been for 10+ Years) and Blu-Ray authoring and we have no need for internal optical super drives.
You guys seriously need to unhinge yourselves from those internal drives...lol :)
I work for a small TV station, we can't afford a $30K storage array. My MacPro (2008 3.2Ghz 8 core) has:
Internal: 2x1TB boot drives Mirrored. 2x750GB random storage drives.
Added DVD Burner (our Blu-Ray burner is in another Mac Pro)
Factory DVD Burner
Video Card
PCIe FW 400 and FW800 Combo Card
Sonnet eSATA card
Backpane adaptor running a pair of eSATA drives (both 150GB Raptors in RAID 0) off the internal unused Optical Bay SATA ports. (Video Render 1)
The Sonnet card is hooked to a pair RAIDs. 10 Drives in a old CD Duplicator with a Addonics ports multipliers. One is 4x640GB Video Storage drive RAID, the other is 4X 500GB drives. The 500's are actually a pair of 1TB RAIDS, one for Audio Render, the Other for longer term Raw Video Storage. Finally 2 other drives in that external each have their own SATA connections to the Sonnet card (Audio Storage, and Graphics Storage.)
Fibre Channel card hooked to the legacy Avid MediaNet or whatever it's called, for the ooooolllld footage from before our final cut switch last year.
Plus about 5 firewire 800 drives for backing everything up, and a firewire HDV deck, and once in awhile a control surface for Audio Mixing. We shoot tape still (HDV) because like I said, we are a small station that can't afford new prosumer card based cameras. Man would I love some though. We still get a lot of stuff delivered on tape (beta, yuck) and DV format. We do shoot some commercials occasionally using a Pani P2 based camera and a DSLR, but the road warrior cameras are still tape.
I want internal stuff because my desk is already cluttered enough. I'm constantly burning 2 DVD's at once to deliver footage to people, both in data and video. We shoot a lot for the US Ski Team, and when the world cup comes to the USA other stations always want footage. Uploading 19GB over a pair of "Shotgunned" DSL lines (400K upload, max) takes awhile, so most of the time we overnight it.
And that's just my desk. The other workstations use some drives on my machine as cold storage for finished projects. Between packages, 2 live shows, and special feature 30 or 60 minute long form shows we crunch a lot of video. No it's not big hollywood studio stuff, but the sheer volume of footage going in and out is a hassle.
I agree the future is tapeless, but where do you store all that raw? We fill 6TB of hard drive space every 6 months. During the Sundance Film Festival which happens here, we were ingesting nearly 12 hours of footage and producing 6 hours of content (live shows, pre-taped shows, packaged shows) a day. While most everything we have is on tape, going to find those (usually poorly labeled) tapes, capturing, and editing takes forever, so we try and keep as much raw as possible on the drives for quick access.
At some point I need to setup a render station to take all the prores finished projects and downconvert to H264 for storage on Blu-ray discs. But that's not really a long term solution since any burned disc will eventually fail. I don't really want the expense of HDV backups, but it's the cheapest loooong term solution I can think of.
Unless you are doing Hollywood stuff, I see no need for half the stuff you listed.
More internals and PCIE slots? For what? Almost all of our clients are delivering tapeless now and on externals. Dual optical bays? Seriously? Fibre is a must if you are in a post house.
Seriously? We also do full DVD high end hollywood type authoring at my facility (have been for 10+ Years) and Blu-Ray authoring and we have no need for internal optical super drives.
You guys seriously need to unhinge yourselves from those internal drives...lol :)
I work for a small TV station, we can't afford a $30K storage array. My MacPro (2008 3.2Ghz 8 core) has:
Internal: 2x1TB boot drives Mirrored. 2x750GB random storage drives.
Added DVD Burner (our Blu-Ray burner is in another Mac Pro)
Factory DVD Burner
Video Card
PCIe FW 400 and FW800 Combo Card
Sonnet eSATA card
Backpane adaptor running a pair of eSATA drives (both 150GB Raptors in RAID 0) off the internal unused Optical Bay SATA ports. (Video Render 1)
The Sonnet card is hooked to a pair RAIDs. 10 Drives in a old CD Duplicator with a Addonics ports multipliers. One is 4x640GB Video Storage drive RAID, the other is 4X 500GB drives. The 500's are actually a pair of 1TB RAIDS, one for Audio Render, the Other for longer term Raw Video Storage. Finally 2 other drives in that external each have their own SATA connections to the Sonnet card (Audio Storage, and Graphics Storage.)
Fibre Channel card hooked to the legacy Avid MediaNet or whatever it's called, for the ooooolllld footage from before our final cut switch last year.
Plus about 5 firewire 800 drives for backing everything up, and a firewire HDV deck, and once in awhile a control surface for Audio Mixing. We shoot tape still (HDV) because like I said, we are a small station that can't afford new prosumer card based cameras. Man would I love some though. We still get a lot of stuff delivered on tape (beta, yuck) and DV format. We do shoot some commercials occasionally using a Pani P2 based camera and a DSLR, but the road warrior cameras are still tape.
I want internal stuff because my desk is already cluttered enough. I'm constantly burning 2 DVD's at once to deliver footage to people, both in data and video. We shoot a lot for the US Ski Team, and when the world cup comes to the USA other stations always want footage. Uploading 19GB over a pair of "Shotgunned" DSL lines (400K upload, max) takes awhile, so most of the time we overnight it.
And that's just my desk. The other workstations use some drives on my machine as cold storage for finished projects. Between packages, 2 live shows, and special feature 30 or 60 minute long form shows we crunch a lot of video. No it's not big hollywood studio stuff, but the sheer volume of footage going in and out is a hassle.
I agree the future is tapeless, but where do you store all that raw? We fill 6TB of hard drive space every 6 months. During the Sundance Film Festival which happens here, we were ingesting nearly 12 hours of footage and producing 6 hours of content (live shows, pre-taped shows, packaged shows) a day. While most everything we have is on tape, going to find those (usually poorly labeled) tapes, capturing, and editing takes forever, so we try and keep as much raw as possible on the drives for quick access.
At some point I need to setup a render station to take all the prores finished projects and downconvert to H264 for storage on Blu-ray discs. But that's not really a long term solution since any burned disc will eventually fail. I don't really want the expense of HDV backups, but it's the cheapest loooong term solution I can think of.
DakotaGuy
May 6, 12:44 AM
Another option:
they may include an instant-on iOS in addition to an intel OSX environment. Several other manufacturers have done something similar.
Unless they want to make you pay for something you don't need... not necessary. The new Intel Macs that are being released right now have so much power that they could run every iOS app in emulated mode and the processor would hardly even notice it. That's today. Imagine where Intel will be in a couple of years? An ARM chip sitting next to an Intel powerhouse is not needed. As far as being instant on... I'd say my iMac wakes up from a sleep just about as fast as my iPad.
they may include an instant-on iOS in addition to an intel OSX environment. Several other manufacturers have done something similar.
Unless they want to make you pay for something you don't need... not necessary. The new Intel Macs that are being released right now have so much power that they could run every iOS app in emulated mode and the processor would hardly even notice it. That's today. Imagine where Intel will be in a couple of years? An ARM chip sitting next to an Intel powerhouse is not needed. As far as being instant on... I'd say my iMac wakes up from a sleep just about as fast as my iPad.
appleguy123
May 3, 06:42 PM
No traps in the current room so we can leave without searching the current room.
There could be treasure here. Searching this room is guaranteed to be safe, as far as I can tell.
There could be treasure here. Searching this room is guaranteed to be safe, as far as I can tell.
Clive At Five
Nov 22, 12:53 PM
I'll agree as well. One feature that Apple might be able to captalize on, if they do sell direct to consumers rather than through carriers, would be resolution of the bells/whistles problem.
For some people, a phone isn't a phone unless is has a 3MP camera, takes 640x480 video, etc. For others, all they want is basic PDA functionality. Would it be possible for Apple to offer a BTO option? I mean, Camera/Video is generally listed under a single menu option, and it wouldn't be that difficult to design the firmware to only display the category if the Camera is installed. To make things easier, Apple could stock one or two basic models in their stores, and leave people to go to apple.com for customizations...Any reason why this couldn't work?
Other than confusing everyone with too many options, no.
If you're a teenage girl, your phone has to have a camera on it, meaning you'll have to go to Apple.com to custom-order it. That's complicated.
If you're a hiker, maybe you're going to want a phone with GPS, meaning you'll have to go to Apple.com to custom-order it. That's complicated.
If you're a huge multitasker, you're going to want PDA-functionality, meaning you'll have to go to Apple.com to custom-order it. That's complicated.
Very few people, I feel, will want a bare-bones phone... meaning most will have to go to Apple.com to custom-order it. That's too complicated for most people to do.
So in short, no, I don't think that'll work. Good idea, though. That way you'd get a phone with the features you want without the crap that you don't want. Unfortunately, as far as a particular model of phone goes, it's either all or nothing... and I don't think Apple will want to release 18 different models of phone, each with different capabilities... that's worse than BTO.
-Clive
For some people, a phone isn't a phone unless is has a 3MP camera, takes 640x480 video, etc. For others, all they want is basic PDA functionality. Would it be possible for Apple to offer a BTO option? I mean, Camera/Video is generally listed under a single menu option, and it wouldn't be that difficult to design the firmware to only display the category if the Camera is installed. To make things easier, Apple could stock one or two basic models in their stores, and leave people to go to apple.com for customizations...Any reason why this couldn't work?
Other than confusing everyone with too many options, no.
If you're a teenage girl, your phone has to have a camera on it, meaning you'll have to go to Apple.com to custom-order it. That's complicated.
If you're a hiker, maybe you're going to want a phone with GPS, meaning you'll have to go to Apple.com to custom-order it. That's complicated.
If you're a huge multitasker, you're going to want PDA-functionality, meaning you'll have to go to Apple.com to custom-order it. That's complicated.
Very few people, I feel, will want a bare-bones phone... meaning most will have to go to Apple.com to custom-order it. That's too complicated for most people to do.
So in short, no, I don't think that'll work. Good idea, though. That way you'd get a phone with the features you want without the crap that you don't want. Unfortunately, as far as a particular model of phone goes, it's either all or nothing... and I don't think Apple will want to release 18 different models of phone, each with different capabilities... that's worse than BTO.
-Clive
gerrycurl
Aug 7, 09:49 PM
actually crucial already has your ram, apple's basically using an intel 5000 motherboard:
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Intel%2B+Motherboards&mfr=Intel&tabid=AM&model=S5000XVN&submit=Go
I was thinking this myself until I saw it was 4 x 512mb sticks. That just sucks. If it was 2 x 1gb sticks I would say not bad but its not good. Give crucial a few days to look into it. They guarantee compatibility, if it doesn't work you can return it. I am holding out for third party ram and staying with the 1gb base. Thank god its 1gb and not 512mb they usually throw at us.
Sorry to cast a shadow over your decision but hey if you can afford it who cares right.
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Intel%2B+Motherboards&mfr=Intel&tabid=AM&model=S5000XVN&submit=Go
I was thinking this myself until I saw it was 4 x 512mb sticks. That just sucks. If it was 2 x 1gb sticks I would say not bad but its not good. Give crucial a few days to look into it. They guarantee compatibility, if it doesn't work you can return it. I am holding out for third party ram and staying with the 1gb base. Thank god its 1gb and not 512mb they usually throw at us.
Sorry to cast a shadow over your decision but hey if you can afford it who cares right.
gkarris
Apr 7, 02:27 PM
They only need like ~100,000.
If that....
LOLOLOLOL....
Maybe they can buy some broken iPads and take the screen out and cut them down to size... :eek:
;)
If that....
LOLOLOLOL....
Maybe they can buy some broken iPads and take the screen out and cut them down to size... :eek:
;)
dukebound85
Apr 10, 06:02 PM
I don't see how you can say that. None the less how anyone can confidently answer this question.
You arrive at 288 by multiplying 48/2 * (9+3), but that is assuming multiplication is the implied operator.
Multiplication is always what you do when there is a term directly adjacent the ()
balamw & dukebound85:
You guys are making too many assumptions.
Following your thought process, the original post is not properly written then?
No assumptions are being made to get 288, but assumptions are being made to get 2. That is the point
There is nothing wrong with how the original post is written from a mathematical point of view as it produces a definite result.
However, if the author of the equation meant for all that to be under the denominator, it is not properly written.
If he did not mean for it to be, it is written in a proper manner but could be written in a clearer form such as (48/2)(9+3). However, that is identical to 48/2(9+3)
You arrive at 288 by multiplying 48/2 * (9+3), but that is assuming multiplication is the implied operator.
Multiplication is always what you do when there is a term directly adjacent the ()
balamw & dukebound85:
You guys are making too many assumptions.
Following your thought process, the original post is not properly written then?
No assumptions are being made to get 288, but assumptions are being made to get 2. That is the point
There is nothing wrong with how the original post is written from a mathematical point of view as it produces a definite result.
However, if the author of the equation meant for all that to be under the denominator, it is not properly written.
If he did not mean for it to be, it is written in a proper manner but could be written in a clearer form such as (48/2)(9+3). However, that is identical to 48/2(9+3)
lkrupp
Apr 26, 02:29 PM
For once, I'd like to see a pie chart that includes iPod Touch and iPad, which also run iOS. What's the Android device equivalent of the iPod touch?
We won't see that pie chart as it would make Android look pretty bad. Oh wait, we saw it yesterday. If you compare Android to iOS then iOS has 59% of the market.
We won't see that pie chart as it would make Android look pretty bad. Oh wait, we saw it yesterday. If you compare Android to iOS then iOS has 59% of the market.
aswitcher
Jul 30, 03:31 PM
Nice piece of work over at www.floatingpears.com
<image>
:D :D :D
Almost perfect. I think it needs one more button below the screen for dedicated shortcuts so I can personalise my access.
Also add in an IR port in the top so I can use it as a remote with Frontrow (when BT isn't a good choice) and more easily eschange files with older phones.
4GB and 8GB options would really bbe iPod subs.
<image>
:D :D :D
Almost perfect. I think it needs one more button below the screen for dedicated shortcuts so I can personalise my access.
Also add in an IR port in the top so I can use it as a remote with Frontrow (when BT isn't a good choice) and more easily eschange files with older phones.
4GB and 8GB options would really bbe iPod subs.
SteveW928
Mar 26, 11:51 PM
I think the fall iPad 3 rumors are just bunk. I suppose by then there might be some processor bumps available and such, but I'm really doubting we'll see an update for a year. The whole 'Retina' display buzz for the iPad is just silly IMO. The biggest thing would be IF (and a big if) Apple were to make some kind of new material for the body to lighten things up even more... but again, I don't see that as such a big deal. Better cameras? I suppose that could be a reason for a new model... but why in the fall? Sorry, that rumor just doesn't make sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment