spine
Nov 29, 01:56 PM
I posted this a while ago - but I think Jobs was hinting that apple wants to be everywhere. iPod is a lifestyle product, as is the iTv.
Apple has proven that they have a true understanding of the user experience, and can spread that halo wherever a user may go. Hence the iPod's success, and perhaps the iTv and phone future success.
Bottom line, wherever there is media, apple wants to be there, showing everyone how to do it the best way.
Apple has proven that they have a true understanding of the user experience, and can spread that halo wherever a user may go. Hence the iPod's success, and perhaps the iTv and phone future success.
Bottom line, wherever there is media, apple wants to be there, showing everyone how to do it the best way.
islanders
Dec 29, 08:04 PM
I entirely DISagree :)
It's the cost and convenience that will determine how successful iTS downloads are. I would hope for DVD quality (including surround sound).
One day I'll have a HD screen and I'll be wanting to use a HD service.. so it'd be good for Apple to have a plan there for that :)
Good point.
But it seems like most people are dying for HD over here. We have quite a few cable and satellite providers that have HD and who ever offers the most channel, people are going to choose that one. Comcast is supposed to roll out 20 more HD channels in 07. The same goes for the others.
Direct TV which is one of the major satellite providers didn�t anticipate the demand for HD DVD and they were on back order for months, about a month ago, when I was choosing a cable provider. You buy that HD DVD for $200, a two year contract for HD, and rent the box then return it. (yeah right?) And you had to get on a waiting list.
I don�t think anyone anticipated the demand for HD. People watch programs they normally wouldn�t if it�s HD.
There are still a lot of analog cable subscribers on Comcast, you don�t need a digital box, but they are going to be forced to use digital so Comcast can make room on the bandwidth for more HD channels.
Digital 480p isn�t bad, but it�s 4:3 aspect.
I would say PQ is the highest concern. And I agree price is also right up there, and it�s a different market.
It's the cost and convenience that will determine how successful iTS downloads are. I would hope for DVD quality (including surround sound).
One day I'll have a HD screen and I'll be wanting to use a HD service.. so it'd be good for Apple to have a plan there for that :)
Good point.
But it seems like most people are dying for HD over here. We have quite a few cable and satellite providers that have HD and who ever offers the most channel, people are going to choose that one. Comcast is supposed to roll out 20 more HD channels in 07. The same goes for the others.
Direct TV which is one of the major satellite providers didn�t anticipate the demand for HD DVD and they were on back order for months, about a month ago, when I was choosing a cable provider. You buy that HD DVD for $200, a two year contract for HD, and rent the box then return it. (yeah right?) And you had to get on a waiting list.
I don�t think anyone anticipated the demand for HD. People watch programs they normally wouldn�t if it�s HD.
There are still a lot of analog cable subscribers on Comcast, you don�t need a digital box, but they are going to be forced to use digital so Comcast can make room on the bandwidth for more HD channels.
Digital 480p isn�t bad, but it�s 4:3 aspect.
I would say PQ is the highest concern. And I agree price is also right up there, and it�s a different market.
aross99
Apr 2, 08:19 PM
That's exactly how I feel and why I use Apple products. Great commercial.
My thoughts exactly...
My thoughts exactly...
shawnce
Jul 19, 08:17 PM
Vista sucks, there is very little incentive for people to upgrade.
Actually Vista is rather good in various areas in comparison to Windows XP SP2 and it is getting better as MS nears release (I use is it on various Windows developer systems I do work on and note my primary work is Mac development on Mac OS X). Don't discount Vista...
Of course with that said... even if Vista is amazing (in comparison to Tiger/Leopard) the fact that Vista will often require users to upgrade older computers to make it usable will play to Apple's advantage. The upgrade (hardware and software) disruption that Vista is going to cause is a perfect point for folks thinking about switching to a Mac to make the jump... they have to spend the money anyways so why not get a Mac (especially since if they don't like Mac OS X they can fallback on running Vista or XP on it).
Actually Vista is rather good in various areas in comparison to Windows XP SP2 and it is getting better as MS nears release (I use is it on various Windows developer systems I do work on and note my primary work is Mac development on Mac OS X). Don't discount Vista...
Of course with that said... even if Vista is amazing (in comparison to Tiger/Leopard) the fact that Vista will often require users to upgrade older computers to make it usable will play to Apple's advantage. The upgrade (hardware and software) disruption that Vista is going to cause is a perfect point for folks thinking about switching to a Mac to make the jump... they have to spend the money anyways so why not get a Mac (especially since if they don't like Mac OS X they can fallback on running Vista or XP on it).
rezenclowd3
Jan 13, 12:09 AM
For those that think it [BMW 1 series] is too tall, keep in mind that it gives it a much roomier feel inside. I am 6'4 and I could not fit in a miata sized car. When I get in a 3 series, even it feels less roomy in the cockpit.
I'm 6' 3", and I have tried just about every car that I like that people said I would not fit in: Z3s, the E30 I bought, Datsun 240z, Miata, Triumph TR6, and a few more. (I prefer proper vintage small body British sports cars, when cars could be lightweight) Honestly just the Miata was not comfortable for me. I do think that ALL the seats were still too high off the floor of the car. No head issues in any of them really. I prefer F1 style seating like I have setup with my racing/gaming chair. The only car I felt the most comfortable in was a 96 C4 Corvette.
What I hate is an accelerator pedal that is behind the brake pedal. I want both knees at the same height when setup from dual foot driving (term?)... Any recommendations for cars like that, or do I need to install race pedals?
Anyway, back to the 1 series. One word: Bitchin (But I think its too heavy for its size)
I'm 6' 3", and I have tried just about every car that I like that people said I would not fit in: Z3s, the E30 I bought, Datsun 240z, Miata, Triumph TR6, and a few more. (I prefer proper vintage small body British sports cars, when cars could be lightweight) Honestly just the Miata was not comfortable for me. I do think that ALL the seats were still too high off the floor of the car. No head issues in any of them really. I prefer F1 style seating like I have setup with my racing/gaming chair. The only car I felt the most comfortable in was a 96 C4 Corvette.
What I hate is an accelerator pedal that is behind the brake pedal. I want both knees at the same height when setup from dual foot driving (term?)... Any recommendations for cars like that, or do I need to install race pedals?
Anyway, back to the 1 series. One word: Bitchin (But I think its too heavy for its size)
Madmic23
Sep 1, 02:26 PM
hopefully this 23 inch one adds something more than just a bigger screen....such as component RGB input which would allow me to hook my my xbox 360 to play. that would RULE.
of course, that is unlikely.
does anyone actually know how to use iMac screen to play xbox 360?
You can already play your Xbox 360 on your iMac, just not in high def. Buy an EyeTV TV adapter that has the game mode, and you can play that way. The best input available on there is an Svideo connection, so you want get HD, but it's still a pretty crisp picture.
of course, that is unlikely.
does anyone actually know how to use iMac screen to play xbox 360?
You can already play your Xbox 360 on your iMac, just not in high def. Buy an EyeTV TV adapter that has the game mode, and you can play that way. The best input available on there is an Svideo connection, so you want get HD, but it's still a pretty crisp picture.
twoodcc
Feb 13, 11:43 PM
Looks like there is a problem with 6.29 client (at least for mac) where if you get an a1 unit after an a3 one, something goes wrong.
dang. well all my computers are down back at my apartment, so my production will be very little. i just started folding on my mbp with an a3 unit, so we'll see how it goes
dang. well all my computers are down back at my apartment, so my production will be very little. i just started folding on my mbp with an a3 unit, so we'll see how it goes
sunfast
Sep 1, 12:52 PM
A 23" iMac would be awesome. I hope it would have the extra grunt to match its size. :)
lordonuthin
Mar 5, 06:22 PM
this is for F@H right? im keen to start up with my numerous amounts of computers.
where do i start? everything is all console based :(
oh wait its an installer thingo.. it wants a key hekp1
You can start here (http://folding.stanford.edu/), ask questions if you need any help or faster - google your question. It's a learning process but most people don't have any problems. AND thanks for joining the team (3446) that is.
Remember to set the machines so they don't sleep ... :p
where do i start? everything is all console based :(
oh wait its an installer thingo.. it wants a key hekp1
You can start here (http://folding.stanford.edu/), ask questions if you need any help or faster - google your question. It's a learning process but most people don't have any problems. AND thanks for joining the team (3446) that is.
Remember to set the machines so they don't sleep ... :p
FireStar
Oct 20, 03:12 PM
i found one that matches a case that i bought for my iphone a while back!
[tIMG]http://thmb.inkfrog.com/thumbn/cimo/itouch4_dualgel_blue_01.jpg=800[/IMG]
snatched it up for 6 bucks! what a deal. i think i might get black next..
Darn. I thought it wasn't generic for a second. But it still looks nice.
[tIMG]http://thmb.inkfrog.com/thumbn/cimo/itouch4_dualgel_blue_01.jpg=800[/IMG]
snatched it up for 6 bucks! what a deal. i think i might get black next..
Darn. I thought it wasn't generic for a second. But it still looks nice.
WildPalms
Jan 13, 01:08 AM
this is crap,
no one in their right mind would make something with 0 ports, you have to at a bare minimum have an audio out.
Bluetooth headphones?
no one in their right mind would make something with 0 ports, you have to at a bare minimum have an audio out.
Bluetooth headphones?
NameUndecided
Apr 3, 01:01 AM
It worked for me too on DP1. On DP2, I had to install Snow Leopard first.
Ooh. Thought you were talking about the installs for both previews. I installed developer preview 2 over the first, so I didn't realize. It still doesn't sound very accurate to me.
Forgive me -- this is what I'm understanding from you:
DP1 can install onto a blank disk/partition.
DP2 can't install on a blank disk/partition. Needs to install as an update on top of DP 1 or Snow Leopard. (?)
Ooh. Thought you were talking about the installs for both previews. I installed developer preview 2 over the first, so I didn't realize. It still doesn't sound very accurate to me.
Forgive me -- this is what I'm understanding from you:
DP1 can install onto a blank disk/partition.
DP2 can't install on a blank disk/partition. Needs to install as an update on top of DP 1 or Snow Leopard. (?)
Link2999
Sep 18, 04:16 PM
Waiting for the iClear: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Griffin+Technology+-+iClear+Case+with+Arm+Band+for+4th-Generation+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B+touch/1207257.p?id=1218234048743&skuId=1207257&st=griffin%20iclear&cp=1&lp=5
Love the iClear, been using it on my 1st Gen since I bought it. The 2 Piece Design offers the most protection of any case I've seen.
Love the iClear, been using it on my 1st Gen since I bought it. The 2 Piece Design offers the most protection of any case I've seen.
gugy
Nov 29, 05:48 PM
.
Hi,
some ideas:
A) I think Apple wants to stay out of trouble with content providers. I think they will allow Elgato to add some DVR functionality to front row via their EyeTV software and hardware.
B) the USB port might be use for that.
C) good idea
D) I doubt. Apple like to keep things simple
Hi,
some ideas:
A) I think Apple wants to stay out of trouble with content providers. I think they will allow Elgato to add some DVR functionality to front row via their EyeTV software and hardware.
B) the USB port might be use for that.
C) good idea
D) I doubt. Apple like to keep things simple
Krizoitz
Mar 20, 02:46 PM
People (even in Japan) say Macs are too expensive ! Ive been to Akihabara in Tokyo and Den den Town in Osaka ! Ive lived in Japan for 5 years. Yes, the Ipod has been popular in Japan BUT a hell of alot more people buy IBMs here eg: Toshiba, Hitachi and Sony.
The difference is that Toshiba, Hitachi and Sony are all Japanese companies. They don't have to pay the import taxes, and Japanese industries are a lot more protected in terms of foreign competition than American companies are because the govt is allowed alot more connection to them. Thats just the way it is.
Its similar to Europe and Airbus, because Airbus is a european company the gov'ts over there give them support and tax breaks and such. Boeing can't get that same kind of subsidization because of U.S. laws and policies. I think unfair trade laws are one of the US's biggest problems. But thats a topic for another forum.
The point is made in Japan (or atleast a company from Japan) will have cheaper products that an American based company.
The difference is that Toshiba, Hitachi and Sony are all Japanese companies. They don't have to pay the import taxes, and Japanese industries are a lot more protected in terms of foreign competition than American companies are because the govt is allowed alot more connection to them. Thats just the way it is.
Its similar to Europe and Airbus, because Airbus is a european company the gov'ts over there give them support and tax breaks and such. Boeing can't get that same kind of subsidization because of U.S. laws and policies. I think unfair trade laws are one of the US's biggest problems. But thats a topic for another forum.
The point is made in Japan (or atleast a company from Japan) will have cheaper products that an American based company.
pavelbure
Apr 12, 09:16 PM
"render dialog is gone"
Thank GOD!
What was the render dialog ?
Thank GOD!
What was the render dialog ?
georgerussos
Sep 20, 04:13 PM
Ah, I got a nice silicon one and a nice polycarbonate one, then I will wait for Griffins. I also got a Zagg Shield :) My iPod is going to be shiny as new!!
miloblithe
Sep 6, 09:29 AM
I think the $599 model, now with the core duo of course, is a good deal. I can't really say the same thing about the $799 model.
Although, a refurb core solo can now be had for $479. :)
The $799 model isn't a very good deal compared to the iMac, definitely. Add memory to get up to 1GB, and put in a 160GB HD like the $1199 iMac model, and you're already up to $1074 for the mini. For that $125 extra dollars you get a graphics card, a significantly faster processor, faster HD, a bit more expandability, and of course a screen.
Unless you specifically want the mini form factor, or have specific limit intentions for its use, it's not that good deal as a computer. If it were $100, that'd make a huge difference.
Although, a refurb core solo can now be had for $479. :)
The $799 model isn't a very good deal compared to the iMac, definitely. Add memory to get up to 1GB, and put in a 160GB HD like the $1199 iMac model, and you're already up to $1074 for the mini. For that $125 extra dollars you get a graphics card, a significantly faster processor, faster HD, a bit more expandability, and of course a screen.
Unless you specifically want the mini form factor, or have specific limit intentions for its use, it's not that good deal as a computer. If it were $100, that'd make a huge difference.
Benguitar
Nov 25, 08:58 PM
But it's a Ferrari.
Exactly.
But it's a Pelican.
Ferrari > Honda
Pelican > Normal Eyeglasses Case
;) :p :D
Exactly.
But it's a Pelican.
Ferrari > Honda
Pelican > Normal Eyeglasses Case
;) :p :D
MacNut
Jan 1, 06:26 PM
Steve will take the stage and announce that they have created artificial life that can sing every song on your iPod while cleaning your house, he says they will be called PodPeople.:rolleyes:
xIGmanIx
Apr 3, 02:43 PM
let it go about microsoft, they won, get over it. It just seems petty to hold on to some nonexistent fight for something that has already been decided. Both companies make lots of money. Just out of curiosity what industry sector do you work in because it's apparently not the IT space.
"Delightful."
This is the key word here.
Apple's priority is to delight the user. Now "delight" invokes a lot things - some emotional, tactile, things which might even be disparate.
But when you apply that priority to consumer tech, it brings together a lot of requirements to achieve this - how the device must feel; how it must look - say, on a stylish glass table or beside modern sculpture; how the UI should function; colours, fonts . . . the list goes on.
This is why Apple is so successful. They don't focus on bringing to market a competing device that ranks high on spec sheets. They simply focus on how to delight the user.
Thus, you get something like the iPad. While the competition still can't figure it out. Priorities, people . . . it's all about priorities.
"Delightful."
This is the key word here.
Apple's priority is to delight the user. Now "delight" invokes a lot things - some emotional, tactile, things which might even be disparate.
But when you apply that priority to consumer tech, it brings together a lot of requirements to achieve this - how the device must feel; how it must look - say, on a stylish glass table or beside modern sculpture; how the UI should function; colours, fonts . . . the list goes on.
This is why Apple is so successful. They don't focus on bringing to market a competing device that ranks high on spec sheets. They simply focus on how to delight the user.
Thus, you get something like the iPad. While the competition still can't figure it out. Priorities, people . . . it's all about priorities.
zeroh3ro
Feb 28, 12:27 AM
Finishing my graphic design degree this May. The large intuos might get replaced by a cintiq very soon.
What bag is that your using?
What bag is that your using?
aurichie
Apr 2, 07:13 PM
My backlight bleeds
Digitalclips
Jan 12, 07:51 AM
First time I've seen USB called complicated :).
I see what you mean from a design standpoint though, inelegant might be a better word. But it just makes too much sense not to do it. I hardly EVER use my optical drive. Why am I carrying it everywhere I go?
I agree, I can't remember the last time I used a disk in my laptops, I even install using ADR. Also, one day soon even USB won't be needed, some kind of dedicated wi-fi could be used for an Apple Optical drive I suspect.
I see what you mean from a design standpoint though, inelegant might be a better word. But it just makes too much sense not to do it. I hardly EVER use my optical drive. Why am I carrying it everywhere I go?
I agree, I can't remember the last time I used a disk in my laptops, I even install using ADR. Also, one day soon even USB won't be needed, some kind of dedicated wi-fi could be used for an Apple Optical drive I suspect.
No comments:
Post a Comment