ravenvii
May 4, 01:01 PM
We're working out the logistics with mscriv - he should be finished with his turns soon.
EDIT: Done.
ROUND TWO BEGINS......... NOW!
EDIT: Done.
ROUND TWO BEGINS......... NOW!
Krafty
Apr 5, 02:55 PM
I agree 100%.
In case you haven't picked up - I have a passion for asians, so I was agreeing that there should be 75% of asian girls sitting on unaffordable cars wallpapers in Cydia.
In case you haven't picked up - I have a passion for asians, so I was agreeing that there should be 75% of asian girls sitting on unaffordable cars wallpapers in Cydia.

jfinke
Aug 4, 11:55 AM
from yesterday comparing the Core Duo (Yonah) to the Core 2 Duo (Merom) from AnandTech (http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2808).
General application performance can improve a bit by switching to Core 2 Duo, but the biggest performance gains are associated with 3D rendering and media encoding tasks. Considering the nature of the improvements to Intel's Core 2 processor, the areas in which it succeeds are not surprising. If you use your notebook as a professional rendering or encoding workstation with no desktop in sight, then you'll probably consider Core 2 Duo a lot more carefully than most.
...
For Apple users this means that early adopters of the new MacBook or MacBook Pro won't be too pressured to upgrade again by the end of this year. Of course Apple has this way of making incremental changes irresistible.
General application performance can improve a bit by switching to Core 2 Duo, but the biggest performance gains are associated with 3D rendering and media encoding tasks. Considering the nature of the improvements to Intel's Core 2 processor, the areas in which it succeeds are not surprising. If you use your notebook as a professional rendering or encoding workstation with no desktop in sight, then you'll probably consider Core 2 Duo a lot more carefully than most.
...
For Apple users this means that early adopters of the new MacBook or MacBook Pro won't be too pressured to upgrade again by the end of this year. Of course Apple has this way of making incremental changes irresistible.
Erasmus
Aug 4, 07:35 AM
I do not believe that Apple should wait to announce their new 64 bit systems. They should (and could) give promos of complete overhauls of their entire Mac lineup. (Final propaganda for iMac Ultra)
I think that Apple should concentrate on getting lots of switchers. Apple probably care about us old "maccies", because, of course, it is very rare for a mac user to change to using the Operating System That Must Not Be Named.
I therefore think Apple promoing iMacs, Macbooks, MBPs, MPs, MMs, etc. would be in their best interest, as potential switchers would know that Apple intends to bring out cool machines as soon as they can, if not immediately. Sure, it would impact on initial sales, as no-one would buy any of their computers between then and the shipping date, however, Apple would catch many fence-sitters who would otherwise bite the bullet and buy a much cheaper (and much more pathetic) PC after Steve's Keynote.
Wining Switchers should be Apple's goal now.
I think that Apple should concentrate on getting lots of switchers. Apple probably care about us old "maccies", because, of course, it is very rare for a mac user to change to using the Operating System That Must Not Be Named.
I therefore think Apple promoing iMacs, Macbooks, MBPs, MPs, MMs, etc. would be in their best interest, as potential switchers would know that Apple intends to bring out cool machines as soon as they can, if not immediately. Sure, it would impact on initial sales, as no-one would buy any of their computers between then and the shipping date, however, Apple would catch many fence-sitters who would otherwise bite the bullet and buy a much cheaper (and much more pathetic) PC after Steve's Keynote.
Wining Switchers should be Apple's goal now.
gnasher729
Aug 11, 10:49 AM
Merom and Yonah are replacements for Pentium-M. While Conroe is the replacement for the Pentium D.
That is just marketing. In reality, Merom, Conroe and Woodcrest are all based on exactly the same archicture, with Merom optimised for low power consumption and Conroe optimised for clock speed.
That is just marketing. In reality, Merom, Conroe and Woodcrest are all based on exactly the same archicture, with Merom optimised for low power consumption and Conroe optimised for clock speed.
steve_hill4
Jul 30, 05:04 AM
My contract exprires at the end of September, but I doubt I'd go for this too soon. Depends on what features it would have if it did materialise. However, good news Apple may still be positioning themselves for mp3 phones as well as smartphones, (that would play back mp3/aac). As Zune arrives, the market has already moved on.
This also reminds me, I need to go and pick up some AAAs for my Newton. ;)
This also reminds me, I need to go and pick up some AAAs for my Newton. ;)
Piggie
Apr 23, 06:25 PM
Because those screens WILL look better to those normal customers. Text and graphics will look sharper, and clearer.
The iPhone screen, before the retina screen, had a higher resolution than macs. People could not see individual pixels. Despite that, ask any Tom Dick or Harry on the street, and they will be unequivocal that the Retina screen is far better looking than the 3GS screens.
The iPhone, before the current model had a screen res of 320 x 480
The first iMac, made 13 years ago in 1998 (the G3) had a screen res of 1024x768 the same as an iPad2 they are making today.
The first Apple Mac in 1984, 27 years ago had a screen res of 512�342 on a black and white screen.
I don't know where you get your statement than the "iPhone had a higher resolution than macs"
The iPhone screen, before the retina screen, had a higher resolution than macs. People could not see individual pixels. Despite that, ask any Tom Dick or Harry on the street, and they will be unequivocal that the Retina screen is far better looking than the 3GS screens.
The iPhone, before the current model had a screen res of 320 x 480
The first iMac, made 13 years ago in 1998 (the G3) had a screen res of 1024x768 the same as an iPad2 they are making today.
The first Apple Mac in 1984, 27 years ago had a screen res of 512�342 on a black and white screen.
I don't know where you get your statement than the "iPhone had a higher resolution than macs"
aldejesus
Mar 30, 11:05 PM
Good catch, I thought I saw 15"
I was sharing this because I found it interesting, its supposed to be just 384MB shared. Just thinking if Lion enables more memory shared??:rolleyes:
I was sharing this because I found it interesting, its supposed to be just 384MB shared. Just thinking if Lion enables more memory shared??:rolleyes:
balamw
May 2, 08:04 PM
a lb. of butter is still called a lb. of butter here in Canada
When growing up in Europe in the 70s a pound was simply redefined as 500 g. For most purposes the 10% error is insignificant.
Volume units (1 liter = 1 quart) work similarly, and 1-2 liter containers are fairly common even here in the US.
B
When growing up in Europe in the 70s a pound was simply redefined as 500 g. For most purposes the 10% error is insignificant.
Volume units (1 liter = 1 quart) work similarly, and 1-2 liter containers are fairly common even here in the US.
B
Umbongo
Apr 21, 07:02 PM
I don't see this replacing the Mac Pro Tower. I see it as another solution within the Mac Pro family aimed at the Final Cut Pro Market where the use of several 3U Form Factor Systems would be used for Distributed Compiling/Rendering, etc.
It would be clearly also targeted for Engineering, Medical, Bio-sciences, etc where using OpenCL and GCD in their apps would provide a huge collection of streams/cores to leverage.
The Xserve was pretty much another solution too. Same hardware different form factor.
It would be clearly also targeted for Engineering, Medical, Bio-sciences, etc where using OpenCL and GCD in their apps would provide a huge collection of streams/cores to leverage.
The Xserve was pretty much another solution too. Same hardware different form factor.
Macman1993
Apr 26, 02:07 PM
Some will be bothered about IOS not being the most dominant. I personally don't care, I just want the best mobile OS.
ftaok
Apr 7, 03:01 PM
I agree, things have just begun... the iPad just came out about 12 months ago.
P.
Yes, the war just started and things are heating up. I would think the next few years will result in a tablet OS distribution that looks like this:
iOS - 35%
Android - 40%
WebOS - 20%
RIM - 5%
Apple - 35%
HP - 20%
RIM - 5%
Samsung - 15%
Moto - 10%
LG - 10%
HTC - 5%
Maybe Microsoft will wedge their way in, maybe the percentages will be shifted around a little. But the growth of the tablet market will stabilize or at least stop growing at the rapid pace that it currently enjoys.
The point I'm making is that the hot market only seems to be lasting 4 to 5 years. 10 years ago, MP3 players was the hot market. 5 years ago, smartphones was the hot market. This year, it's tablets. 5 years from now ... who knows, but it won't be tablets.
P.
Yes, the war just started and things are heating up. I would think the next few years will result in a tablet OS distribution that looks like this:
iOS - 35%
Android - 40%
WebOS - 20%
RIM - 5%
Apple - 35%
HP - 20%
RIM - 5%
Samsung - 15%
Moto - 10%
LG - 10%
HTC - 5%
Maybe Microsoft will wedge their way in, maybe the percentages will be shifted around a little. But the growth of the tablet market will stabilize or at least stop growing at the rapid pace that it currently enjoys.
The point I'm making is that the hot market only seems to be lasting 4 to 5 years. 10 years ago, MP3 players was the hot market. 5 years ago, smartphones was the hot market. This year, it's tablets. 5 years from now ... who knows, but it won't be tablets.
GregA
Nov 27, 06:59 PM
It will do everything Macs currently do (having the same power of a macbook); however it will really inspire people to use an iTV and the iTunes music store. It will just make it all so easy.
You will be able to show guests your iPhoto gallery directly on the pad or send it to your TV through your iTV at the touch of a button. Home movies or movie downloads will at your fingertips. No need to go cue them up in your den or office. Apple will try to make computer an integral part of your at home lifestyle whatever room you're in.
Out of interest - and since you already use a computer near your TV :). If a tablet can do everything you describe EXCEPT be a regular Mac too, would it still be of interest?
ie: If it allows you (as you say) to show guests your iPhoto gallery directly on the pad or on the TV, Home movies or downloads at your fingertips (no need to cue them in the office)... and if it costs less than half what a MacBook costs... is it still appealing?
What about if it can interface with MacMini to become a remote screen? (ie: do everything you say, but only when in the house)
You will be able to show guests your iPhoto gallery directly on the pad or send it to your TV through your iTV at the touch of a button. Home movies or movie downloads will at your fingertips. No need to go cue them up in your den or office. Apple will try to make computer an integral part of your at home lifestyle whatever room you're in.
Out of interest - and since you already use a computer near your TV :). If a tablet can do everything you describe EXCEPT be a regular Mac too, would it still be of interest?
ie: If it allows you (as you say) to show guests your iPhoto gallery directly on the pad or on the TV, Home movies or downloads at your fingertips (no need to cue them in the office)... and if it costs less than half what a MacBook costs... is it still appealing?
What about if it can interface with MacMini to become a remote screen? (ie: do everything you say, but only when in the house)
NutsNGum
Mar 29, 04:21 PM
I say, shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out!
Old Smuggler
Sep 11, 02:31 AM
I hope that the free iPod nano educational deal is still in effect if new iPods are released this week.
seriously doubt it
its just a way to make a little more money off the existing ipods and reduce stock before the changeover
seriously doubt it
its just a way to make a little more money off the existing ipods and reduce stock before the changeover
shadowmoses
Aug 7, 07:39 AM
Personally, I prefer iChat over Adium.
It's a much simpler, cleaner design and it integrates with OS X perfectly.
It's very fast loading, glitch free (pretty much), and video looks fantastic!!!!
I use AIM, and I love it. MSN is terrible in comparison, and AIM on Adium aint as good as AIM on iChat IMO...
I totally agree but the problem is all my freinds are on MSN so i can't use iChat hopefully things will change today though ;)
ShadoW
It's a much simpler, cleaner design and it integrates with OS X perfectly.
It's very fast loading, glitch free (pretty much), and video looks fantastic!!!!
I use AIM, and I love it. MSN is terrible in comparison, and AIM on Adium aint as good as AIM on iChat IMO...
I totally agree but the problem is all my freinds are on MSN so i can't use iChat hopefully things will change today though ;)
ShadoW
kwjohns
Apr 5, 01:44 PM
The few hours they paid someone to make this theme has netted Toyota many news articles/discussion of "free advertising" that has come of offering the irrelevant skin and now the followup stories of them being asked to remove the theme.
+1 for Toyota for succeeding in this marketing campaign.
+1 for Toyota for succeeding in this marketing campaign.
rans0m00
Mar 29, 01:30 PM
Glad they have moved forward with it and who cares if they might have copied off an Apple rumor. I am looking forward to Apple going with their cloud service if it integrates with the current ipod interface. Like I can just pick cloud library or local. Or even better just list them all together with an option to not list suspected duplicates. The fact Amazon was able to release this so effort free shows how much future planning they have done compared to Apple. Also I am not so big on paying the energy bill to keep my desktop on 24/7 so I can access my files not to mention I have DSL so my upload speeds are good enough for audio but I could not stream video without a huge decrease in quality.
balamw
Apr 10, 06:06 PM
My grammar may be terrible, but I dare say that I can do math. I do lots of it. The divide balamw mentioned really does seem to exist, and is a little disappointing.
It has been mentioned before in the thread, but it bears repeating.
Addition and Subtraction can't have different precedence because they are the same operation. "Subtraction" is just shorthand for adding negative numbers.
Similarly division is just multiplication by the reciprocal. They MUST have the same precedence.
You can't take PEMDAS literally if you know what you are doing.
balamw & dukebound85:
You guys are making too many assumptions.
Following your thought process, the original post is not properly written then?
No we're not, we're using the language of math as we know it. x/y(a+b) has a definite meaning and it is the same as (x/y)*(a+b) not x/(y*(a+b)). You would NEED the extra parentheses to change the meaning.
The * multiplication is assumed if there is no operator provided, though most would probably add it in or rewrite the equation to make it even clearer it's very far from unclear.
B
It has been mentioned before in the thread, but it bears repeating.
Addition and Subtraction can't have different precedence because they are the same operation. "Subtraction" is just shorthand for adding negative numbers.
Similarly division is just multiplication by the reciprocal. They MUST have the same precedence.
You can't take PEMDAS literally if you know what you are doing.
balamw & dukebound85:
You guys are making too many assumptions.
Following your thought process, the original post is not properly written then?
No we're not, we're using the language of math as we know it. x/y(a+b) has a definite meaning and it is the same as (x/y)*(a+b) not x/(y*(a+b)). You would NEED the extra parentheses to change the meaning.
The * multiplication is assumed if there is no operator provided, though most would probably add it in or rewrite the equation to make it even clearer it's very far from unclear.
B
Savor
Apr 18, 05:03 PM
LOL
Suing your own partner and supplier. What next Apple, are going to sue Sony or Omnivision? Sue Foxcomm because iDevices are made in China.
All Apple has is their interface. Without the hardware components, there would be no iPhone or iPad. It would be like Nintendo suing Sharp even though the 3DS screen is supplied by them.
I hope Apple learns to manufacture everything themselves. Google should stop supporting them. Same with Samsung. I want Apple to do it all alone. I want every developer and hardware to turn their back on Apple. Expect more delays with the iPhone 5.
Incredibly petty. Why ruin relationships with your partners when you are still on the gravy train?
Suing your own partner and supplier. What next Apple, are going to sue Sony or Omnivision? Sue Foxcomm because iDevices are made in China.
All Apple has is their interface. Without the hardware components, there would be no iPhone or iPad. It would be like Nintendo suing Sharp even though the 3DS screen is supplied by them.
I hope Apple learns to manufacture everything themselves. Google should stop supporting them. Same with Samsung. I want Apple to do it all alone. I want every developer and hardware to turn their back on Apple. Expect more delays with the iPhone 5.
Incredibly petty. Why ruin relationships with your partners when you are still on the gravy train?
applefanDrew
Apr 25, 08:53 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)
I don't get the big deal about it. If you want to be anonymous, get off fb, twitter, macrumors, etc. Then cancel all Internet plans you have and your cellular plan. Then no one will ever know where you are unless you tell them.
I don't get the big deal about it. If you want to be anonymous, get off fb, twitter, macrumors, etc. Then cancel all Internet plans you have and your cellular plan. Then no one will ever know where you are unless you tell them.
SiMBa37
Mar 28, 11:27 AM
AppleInsider makes a good point. The report is that the iPhone 5 will be released in the first half of fiscal year 2012 which starts in late September 2011. This will do 2 things: allow iPhone 5 to ship with iOS 5, and allow Apple to cash in on the Holiday season starting this coming September/October. This is just my own prediction.
I'm in the 3GS camp too, so I won't lie and say I'm happy about this.
I'm in the 3GS camp too, so I won't lie and say I'm happy about this.
fxtech
Mar 30, 06:35 AM
Who cares? There are greater things to worry about than iPods at the moment..
Yeah like where the heck is my iPad 2? According to the latest email manifest, at 2:03 am it was somewhere over the pacific. This isn't near enough information. I'm thinking of chartering a jet so I can fly out and track it's progress myself. Anyone else want in?
:D
Yeah like where the heck is my iPad 2? According to the latest email manifest, at 2:03 am it was somewhere over the pacific. This isn't near enough information. I'm thinking of chartering a jet so I can fly out and track it's progress myself. Anyone else want in?
:D
Mike Reed
Apr 5, 07:27 PM
I would be curious to know what 'maintaining a good relationship with Apple' means in this case. Is it similar to PC OEMs like Dell and HP agreeing to not sell PCs with Linux to 'maintain their good relationship with Microsoft'? I own a Scion that came with an iPod compatible stereo as an option. I wonder if they are licensees of the made for iPod program.
To those saying scions aren't good cars, shush. That box model isn't the only one they make. :P
To those saying scions aren't good cars, shush. That box model isn't the only one they make. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment